PDA

View Full Version : If T-Mac stayed with Orlando, he wouldnt be injury prone

King P
09-29-2009, 04:33 PM
I was reading an article about T-Mac rehabing and hoping to return to his old self. But i had always thought that if T-Mac would have stayed with Orlando, he wouldn't be going through all the injury problems. Here's why I think so:

Remember when he came to Orlando and started dominating? The problem was it was the T-Mac show. Grant Hill was injured and T-Mac was carrying the load. That is what really started the injury problems. When one player has to carry the load, it takes a toll on their bodies and injury is almost inevitable. And the way T-Mac plays, he was bound to get hurt eventually. Look at Vince Carter in Toronto. He carried the load, and eventually started getting hurt and then just stopped playing hard.

Then he was traded to Houston, and was carrying the load there. Eventually it started to take a toll and he started with minor injuries. Then Yao took over and eased the pain and had a breakout season, until he got hurt. Once again, T-Mac had to carry the load while Yao was busy breaking his foot. And eventually he just got injured and couldnt play well, hence his abrupt end to the season. That resulted from a pile up of all the injuries he sustained while carrying the team on his back.

That's why I believe he wouldnt be where he is at now if he stayed with Orlando. He would start to get injured, then Dwight Howard would have been able to take the pressure off of T-Mac without getting hurt himself (Yao would get hurt either way, it was inevitable). While T-Mac would recouperate and contribute less, D12 would take over until T-Mac became healthy. then they would have been a force. Who knows, maybe the Magic could have won a title.

But as good as this seemed, it wouldnt have happened because T-Mac want Okafor instead and drafting D12 was the last straw for him. So in a way, T-Mac put it on himself. But looking back on it now, I would be willing to bet that T-Mac would have stayed with Orlando if he knew what he knows now.

JermanJaysFan
09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Looks like you just successfully used a retro-active crystal ball. This is a foolproof analysis.

Wait

What if, in his first game in Orlando, Dwight lands on T-Mac's ankle, T-Mac falls on a weird angle and shatters his ankle, and is never the same?

There is NO WAY to predict this stuff. Not at all.

SirCarlton
09-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Tmac should have just forseen his future(much like the OP) and undergone surgery to bionically replace his lower back, knees, and ankles....then Tmac would have never gone though all this!!!!~!

Raps08-09 Champ
09-29-2009, 04:52 PM
If T-Mac stayed in Orlando, they wouldn't have gotten Howard.

abe_froman
09-29-2009, 04:58 PM
If T-Mac stayed in Orlando, they wouldn't have gotten Howard.

how's that?

he was on the team when they won the lottery.he commented on who he wanted them to take with the pick

Spurred1
09-29-2009, 05:12 PM
There is no way of knowing this at all. Assuming at its finest...

MagicDojo
09-29-2009, 05:56 PM
By your standards players that carry the load like Jordan, Kobe, LBJ, Dwight etc should all be injury prone. Tmac was a constantly having back spasms and knee soreness. I think he got worse when the Magics record got worse.

Chronz
09-29-2009, 06:03 PM
He didnt want Emeka cuz he heard the kid was barely taller than himself, he didnt want Dwight because he didnt want to rebuild, what he wanted was for them to trade the pick and get him some immediate help. I remember Dwight pleading to Tmac for him to stay, its sad how both VC and Tmac wouldve been better off had they stayed home, but whoever was managing the team at the time couldnt have done a worse job valuing their stars. Both VC and Tmac just wanted some say in who the team hires or adds to the roster.

Still nothing wouldve prevented Tmac's injuries, some of them were a result of overworking his body in the offseason and others happened on simple akward landings on his jumper.

No matter how much you soften the load Tmac carries, its not going to cure the curvature in his spine.

SteveNash
09-29-2009, 06:12 PM
How would Dwight Howard take the load off for T-Mac more than Yao Ming?

D Roses Bulls
09-29-2009, 06:52 PM
I was reading an article about T-Mac rehabing and hoping to return to his old self. But i had always thought that if T-Mac would have stayed with Orlando, he wouldn't be going through all the injury problems. Here's why I think so:

Remember when he came to Orlando and started dominating? The problem was it was the T-Mac show. Grant Hill was injured and T-Mac was carrying the load. That is what really started the injury problems. When one player has to carry the load, it takes a toll on their bodies and injury is almost inevitable. And the way T-Mac plays, he was bound to get hurt eventually. Look at Vince Carter in Toronto. He carried the load, and eventually started getting hurt and then just stopped playing hard.

Then he was traded to Houston, and was carrying the load there. Eventually it started to take a toll and he started with minor injuries. Then Yao took over and eased the pain and had a breakout season, until he got hurt. Once again, T-Mac had to carry the load while Yao was busy breaking his foot. And eventually he just got injured and couldnt play well, hence his abrupt end to the season. That resulted from a pile up of all the injuries he sustained while carrying the team on his back.

That's why I believe he wouldnt be where he is at now if he stayed with Orlando. He would start to get injured, then Dwight Howard would have been able to take the pressure off of T-Mac without getting hurt himself (Yao would get hurt either way, it was inevitable). While T-Mac would recouperate and contribute less, D12 would take over until T-Mac became healthy. then they would have been a force. Who knows, maybe the Magic could have won a title.

But as good as this seemed, it wouldnt have happened because T-Mac want Okafor instead and drafting D12 was the last straw for him. So in a way, T-Mac put it on himself. But looking back on it now, I would be willing to bet that T-Mac would have stayed with Orlando if he knew what he knows now.

no offense but this is kind of a useless argument. first of all, as someone who use to love watching t mac play and was a big fan, well he has a degenerative back problem. he's had it for a while. so regardless of your theory, he would of still have been hurt. most of his big problems was because of his back. so either way, still would of been hurt

what54!?
09-29-2009, 07:02 PM
well how was he gonna know how dwight panned out? At the time the trade made sense. Yao Ming and T-mac should have done more than they did together. They could have been houston's new hakeem and drextler.

As for the injury problems I think they still would have happened. It took dwight a couple of years to become a star and T-mac would still have to carry the load.

heattiltheend94
09-29-2009, 07:03 PM
this is bs. Injuries happen unpredictably.

Paris Bulls
09-29-2009, 07:06 PM

just shut up that whole thread was plain ol dumb

MackSnackWrap
09-29-2009, 07:10 PM
You cant predict stuff like this

Raph12
09-30-2009, 12:08 AM
He didnt want Emeka cuz he heard the kid was barely taller than himself, he didnt want Dwight because he didnt want to rebuild, what he wanted was for them to trade the pick and get him some immediate help. I remember Dwight pleading to Tmac for him to stay, its sad how both VC and Tmac wouldve been better off had they stayed home, but whoever was managing the team at the time couldnt have done a worse job valuing their stars. Both VC and Tmac just wanted some say in who the team hires or adds to the roster.

Still nothing wouldve prevented Tmac's injuries, some of them were a result of overworking his body in the offseason and others happened on simple akward landings on his jumper.

No matter how much you soften the load Tmac carries, its not going to cure the curvature in his spine.

Both cousins would've been better off if they just stayed in their cities, the move didn't do much for either of them. Funny thing is that Otis Smith (Magic GM) was making a move for Tmac and decided to go for Carter instead. How weird would it be if Tmac had returned? I also heard Grant Hill's name being mentioned here and there. Now that would sell some tickets, on opening night they may be the only crowd booing their own players lol.

How would Dwight Howard take the load off for T-Mac more than Yao Ming?

He means because Dwight wouldn't be injured as much, so the team could hold fort and wouldn't be losing both stars on the regular. But I know what you meant, Yao's offense takes more pressure off Tmac than Dwight's would.

King P
09-30-2009, 12:28 AM
^^^
Actually T-Mac wanted them to draft Okafor. It wasnt anything against D12, it's just that he was an 18 year old straight out of high school so he would need time to develop. T-Mac knew this because he was an 18 year old drafted straight out of high school and it took him years to develop. T-Mac wanted to win now and not rebuild and have to wait for some kid who may or may not develop into a star.

T-Mac wanted Okafor because he was more of a sure thing than Howard. Remember, Okafor at the time had just led UConn to a national title. He was a proven winner in college. So T-Mac felt they had a better chance of winning now of they had drafted him instead of D12.

Ware_Spencer
09-30-2009, 02:01 PM
You guys all heard different stories about what T-Mac wanted because they were all reported. I have been a magic fan since the early 90's and I heard all of those reports. But I never heard T-Mac say he wanted one or the other.
Just because some sport station reports that he said that does not make it true. Sports stations Radio & TV make assumptions about things. They create controversy because it boosts ratings. Unless somebody can show me a quote that he wanted one or the other than I think its just journalists assuming things like always.

And T-Mac being injured had more to do with him not keeping care of his body and not doing proper exercises more than who he was playing with. It has been known he hasn't had the greatest work ethic. And these guys don't strengthen there backs in workouts.
That is why Tim Grovers ATTACK training facility is becoming popular because the basic workouts guys do in the gym do not translate onto the court well. Usually all these high flying athletes hurt there lower back. Jumping and arcing your back over time can do that. It strains your back unless you have been working out those areas.

This is about work ethic and proper workouts. Guys think they can get by with just there natural talent. Than when they hit there late 20's they realized they need to hit the gym harder and properly to keep up or stay ahead.

TragicallyHip
09-30-2009, 02:29 PM
If the dog didn't stop to take a crap, he would've caught the fox.

Chronz
09-30-2009, 03:02 PM
^^^
Actually T-Mac wanted them to draft Okafor. It wasnt anything against D12, it's just that he was an 18 year old straight out of high school so he would need time to develop. T-Mac knew this because he was an 18 year old drafted straight out of high school and it took him years to develop. T-Mac wanted to win now and not rebuild and have to wait for some kid who may or may not develop into a star.

T-Mac wanted Okafor because he was more of a sure thing than Howard. Remember, Okafor at the time had just led UConn to a national title. He was a proven winner in college. So T-Mac felt they had a better chance of winning now of they had drafted him instead of D12.
He wanted them to trade the pick bro, I remember that as well as clearly as I remember the mole on my first girl friends ***. But yea if they were drafting he wanted Emeka.

But his words were something along the lines of, I heard the kids 6"8, we need some size.