8. Brandon Roy
7. Michael Redd
6. Manu Ginobili
5. Allen Iverson
4. Ray Allen
3. Vince Carter
2. Dwyane Wade
1. Kobe Bryant

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/The-10-best-shooting-guards-of-the-last-decade;_ylt=AkMrH8GiF4WvHNsGyXV_8dC8vLYF?urn=nba,1 92484

rockets2
09-29-2009, 01:17 AM
Redd, roy, gino and hamilton over tmac.. amazing..

ThuglifeJ
09-29-2009, 01:20 AM
He is considering Tmac a SF. Use you're heads. And Paul Pierce doesnt have to be considered...He IS a SF. Gilbert IS a point gaurd.
...sometimes I worry ppl on this forum dont even watch basketball.

I actually agree with the list but Id put AI ahead of Ray.

1.Kobe
2.AI
3.Vince/Wade

but Wade will probably be ahead of Vince when It's all over. He's had more success.

Toenail Clipper
09-29-2009, 01:23 AM
He is considering Tmac a SF. Use you're heads. And Paul Pierce doesnt have to be considered...He IS a SF. Gilbert IS a point gaurd.
...sometimes I worry ppl on this forum dont even watch basketball.

I actually agree with the list but Id put AI ahead of Ray.

1.Kobe
2.AI
3.Vince/Wade

but Wade will probably be ahead of Vince when It's all over. He's had more success.

Then I would consider Allen Iverson as a point guard then?
Use YOUR head.

ko8e24
09-29-2009, 01:26 AM
Pierce and T-Mac are Small forwards, Joe Johnson is a good shooting guard but hasn't accomplished anything really in terms of awards etc as the other guys who've been listed (instead of Stack, but he's had a better career so far than JJ), and gilbert (besides 60 pts in that game against the lakers) has been too injury prone the last 2 yrs +

ko8e24
09-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Then I would consider Allen Iverson as a point guard then?
Use YOUR head.

no AI actually was always a SG if u really think about it. In phili, eric snow was the point guard, in denver, anthony carter was pg with iverson at sg and melo at sf, and in detroit, that was just a bad experiment with a terrible lineup consturcted by a terrible coach in michael curry.

ThuglifeJ
09-29-2009, 01:27 AM
umm what? AI might be a little guy, but he's been a SG almost his whole career. He can play point but he's considered an SG. Obvsiously this guy considers TMac a SF, and Pierce IS a SF, Gilbert (I dont know why u brought him up) IS a PG.

I don't see the problem...

fairandbalanced
09-29-2009, 01:36 AM
Until someone can prove to me that Wade willl not do better than Kobe on the lakers that won the 3 championships and the 09 championship, then I don't understand why Kobe is no1. Why reward someone that only excels with good players? last I checked, no player in the league has ever played better with Kobe and that includes Smush and Kwame. Put Kobe on Miami 06 and I can guarantee a Dallas sweep.

1. Wade
2. Wade
3. A.I
4. Kobe/T Mac (both needs talent to be effective for the team) Individually, they're as good as Wade but Wade is a better team player whichputs him above both....A.I is a legend.

Raph12
09-29-2009, 01:50 AM
Iverson is being underrated, he should have the #2 spot after Kobe, seeming as how Wade has been in the league only 6 years, Ray was nothing before two other future HOFers joined him and Carter has never done anything of grave importance in his entire career.

ADDED: Really Brandon Roy? how long has this guy been in the league? he will be great, no doubt, but the key word is still WILL

ko8e24
09-29-2009, 01:52 AM
Until someone can prove to me that Wade willl not do better than Kobe on the lakers that won the 3 championships and the 09 championship, then I don't understand why Kobe is no1. Why reward someone that only excels with good players? last I checked, no player in the league has ever played better with Kobe and that includes Smush and Kwame. Put Kobe on Miami 06 and I can guarantee a Dallas sweep.

1. Wade
2. Wade
3. A.I
4. Kobe/T Mac (both needs talent to be effective for the team) Individually, they're as good as Wade but Wade is a better team player whichputs him above both....A.I is a legend.

:drunk:

rockets2
09-29-2009, 01:52 AM
Pierce and T-Mac are Small forwards, Joe Johnson is a good shooting guard but hasn't accomplished anything really in terms of awards etc as the other guys who've been listed (instead of Stack, but he's had a better career so far than JJ), and gilbert (besides 60 pts in that game against the lakers) has been too injury prone the last 2 yrs +

Tmac has been has been the rockets starting SG for 4 years now.

VRP723
09-29-2009, 02:05 AM

And if you want to judge this strictly on what he's done as a SG, than he doesn't deserve to be on the list

ko8e24
09-29-2009, 02:05 AM

actually, it's always been shane battier at shooting guard and t-mac at small forward. when artest went to rockets last yr (which was the exception), battier was moved to bench (cuz he also had that injury at season's start) and t-mac was moved to shooting guard while artest played small forward. with t-mac out at end of regular season and playoffs, battier was SG and artest at SF. T-Mac is originally a small forward.

rockets2
09-29-2009, 02:09 AM
You're kidding ight. battier has allways been the starting SF. on defense he may guard the primer sg's buton offense he has allwaysbeen the starting SF and majority of his minutes there

Raph12
09-29-2009, 02:42 AM
You're kidding ight. battier has allways been the starting SF. on defense he may guard the primer sg's buton offense he has allwaysbeen the starting SF and majority of his minutes there

Tmac controlled the ball for the most part as a point-forward in Houston. Battier's role on offense is to catch-and-shoot, gee I wonder what position has that role? umm yeah I believe that is SG. Whether or not it is displayed on paper is irrelevant, point is Battier is more of a two-guard and Tmac more of a small forward.

blazerman
09-29-2009, 02:55 AM
Well 2009 so we go back to 1999, Im not sure when Reggie Miller retired but I figure around 2005(not sure)and he had numerous allstar appearances too and he was pure money and led the Pacers to the finals and produced at a good clip for half the last decade so I think he still should get some consideration.

Roy and Redd havent played the whole decade either and Stackhouse shouldnt even be on than list and he's nothing but a vagabond and has been for about the last five yrs.

LakersOrNothing
09-29-2009, 03:07 AM

1. Wade
2. Wade
3. A.I

I'd love to agree with you..... NOT. but you do realize it says (SG) player of the decade, right? Wade came into the league in 03-04. So yea, if math serves me right it says Kobe has/will play in 10 of those years as opposed to Wade's 6. Wade already marked himself for the #1 SG of the next decade

Whatever you do, please...... PLEASE.... do not post stats. Because my answer to all your stats will be -> 4 Rings

:p

ko8e24
09-29-2009, 03:20 AM

eh, so we disagree on the position matter. no biggie.

welcome to psd! :clap:

abe_froman
09-29-2009, 03:37 AM
where is mcgrady???

KayNti
09-29-2009, 03:43 AM
Michael Finley... Where does he fall into the list?

Fireworld
09-29-2009, 04:17 AM
until someone can prove to me that wade willl not do better than kobe on the lakers that won the 3 championships and the 09 championship, then i don't understand why kobe is no1. Why reward someone that only excels with good players? Last i checked, no player in the league has ever played better with kobe and that includes smush and kwame. Put kobe on miami 06 and i can guarantee a dallas sweep.

1. Wade
2. Wade
3. A.i
4. Kobe/t mac (both needs talent to be effective for the team) individually, they're as good as wade but wade is a better team player whichputs him above both....a.i is a legend.

fail

JayW_1023
09-29-2009, 05:03 AM
Tmac controlled the ball for the most part as a point-forward in Houston. Battier's role on offense is to catch-and-shoot, gee I wonder what position has that role? umm yeah I believe that is SG. Whether or not it is displayed on paper is irrelevant, point is Battier is more of a two-guard and Tmac more of a small forward.

Battier has played sf all his life..even in his dookie days.

Leftcoast_yg
09-29-2009, 05:09 AM
10. Michael Redd
9. Ray Allen
8. Brandon Roy
7. Reggie Miller
6. Manu Ginobili
5. Tracy Mcgrady
4. Vince Carter
3. Allen Iverson
2. Dwyane Wade
1. Kobe Bryant

Honorable mentions: Rip Hamilton, Joe Johnson, Michael Finley, J.R. Rider

There fixed it!

LakersSaintsLSU
09-29-2009, 05:30 AM

1. Wade
2. Wade
3. A.I

your a portland fan so i understand why you hate kobe.......REMEMBER THE 2000 WCF? :silly:

rockets2
09-29-2009, 08:14 AM
eh, so we disagree on the position matter. no biggie.

welcome to psd! :clap:

Thanks. this a great board i think.

Macken
09-29-2009, 08:19 AM
idk bout stack being top 10.

b_russ
09-29-2009, 09:00 AM
idk bout stack being top 10.

I think Stackhouse is great, but you can't put him ahead of Joe Johnson. Stackhouse was terrific (in this decade) from 2000-2003 with two all-star appearances. Johnson began to picked up his game when he arrived in Phoenix and came into his own in 2005 until present day with three all-star appearances.

rathauneak
09-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Yeah, I'd take Stack out of the top 10. T-Mac played the 3 in Toronto and some in Orlando. He started out as 3 in Houston, but moved to the 2 when Battier came in and has been there every since. So I'd personally consider him a 3 since that is where he's played the majority of his career.

The whole Kobe/Wade switching places deal to me is also a fail. Wade is close, but Kobe is the best in the game right now IMHO.

J-Relo
09-29-2009, 09:04 AM
I'd love to agree with you..... NOT. but you do realize it says (SG) player of the decade, right? Wade came into the league in 03-04. So yea, if math serves me right it says Kobe has/will play in 10 of those years as opposed to Wade's 6. Wade already marked himself for the #1 SG of the next decade
Whatever you do, please...... PLEASE.... do not post stats. Because my answer to all your stats will be -> 4 Rings

:p

1. Even if we would count from 03/04 Kobe had better years...
394 games (~65.(6)) -> 25.20pts (~48%, ~28.5%, ~77%), 4.9reb, 6.7ast... 1.8stl, 0.9blk...

452 games (~75.(3)) -> 28.95pts (~45%, ~34.5%, ~85%), 5.65reb, 5.2ast... 1.6stl, 0.5blk...

2. Who said that Wade is gonna be #1 Sg of the next decade? He is turning 28... (PS: Kobe is 31)... What about guy like Roy? you can't just say that... if Wade was like 23-24 than it would be a different story...

KOBE is #1 for sure, not only top SG of this decade, but overall player too

mikantsass
09-29-2009, 09:22 AM
10. Jerry Stackhouse
9. Rip Hamilton
8. Brandon Roy
7. Michael Redd
6. Manu Ginobili
5. Allen Iverson
4. Ray Allen
3. Vince Carter
2. Dwyane Wade
1. Kobe Bryant

They forgot Paul Pierce (even though he's really fat), Tracy McGrady, Joe Johnson and Gilbert Arenas!

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/The-10-best-shooting-guards-of-the-last-decade;_ylt=AkMrH8GiF4WvHNsGyXV_8dC8vLYF?urn=nba,1 92484

Pierce and McGrady are SF's and Arenas is a PG. So whats your beef

Ace33Bone
09-29-2009, 09:27 AM

1. Wade
2. Wade
3. A.I

:bs:

This is the exact reason that I feel D-Wade is the most overrated person on PSD... there is no way that you can put D-Wade over Kobe... I cannot stand Kobe either but he was better... is currently better and will forever be a better player than D-Wade and AI should be above D- Wade as well

Bob_at_york
09-29-2009, 01:44 PM

I also consider him a SG but I don't think it is really worth arguing over.

Bruno
09-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Can't believe Carter is ahead of A.I. and Allen.

Bruno
09-29-2009, 01:57 PM

1. Wade
2. Wade
3. A.I

I'm glad everyone has recognized how ridiculous this post is... Fair and Balanced...just like Fox News, right?

When Wade was 21 years old, he was putting up 21.5 ppg for Marquette University.
When Kobe was 21 years old, he was putting up 22.5 ppg for the World Champion Los Angeles Lakers.

Get a clue. Wade is amazing but 21-23 year old Kobe was a much better player than 21-23 year old Dwade. Young Wade would not have pushed the Lakers past Portland in the 2000 WCF, or against the Kings in 2002. He wasn't good enough yet in his young age.

When D Wade was 22 he was putting up 16.2 ppg for the Heat.
When Kobe was 22 he was putting up 28.5 ppg, while sharing the ball with Shaq.

JordansBulls
09-29-2009, 02:00 PM
10. Jerry Stackhouse
9. Rip Hamilton
8. Brandon Roy
7. Michael Redd
6. Manu Ginobili
5. Allen Iverson
4. Ray Allen
3. Vince Carter
2. Dwyane Wade
1. Kobe Bryant

Do some of these guys even watch bball? Stackhouse, Rip Hamilton, and Redd are on this list but not T-mac?

Also Iverson should be at least #3, he and Kobe are the only ones with even a league Mvp on that list.

Bruno
09-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Do some of these guys even watch bball? Stackhouse, Rip Hamilton, and Redd are on this list but not T-mac?

Also Iverson should be at least #3, he and Kobe are the only ones with even a league Mvp on that list.

Agreed, A.I. should be #3.

Chronz
09-29-2009, 02:07 PM

Battier is among the crux of my problems with defining positions. To both of you I ask, what makes a SG and SF any different from eachother and what position did you consider Tmac/Battier/Artest to have played last year?

rjvacad
09-29-2009, 02:16 PM

1. Wade
2. Wade
3. A.I

:facepalm:

EaglesJackson10
09-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Should be

Kobe
Wade
AI
Allen
then Carter

Bruno
09-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Should be

Kobe
Wade
AI
Allen
then Carter

Agreed.

NYCZSAGE
09-29-2009, 02:29 PM
ppl who dont know anything shouldnt say anything

raptors- sg vince sf tmac
orlando- sg tmac sf mike miller/grant hill
houston - sg battier sf tmac.

holla @ me niglets

CB4AB7VC15
09-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Kobe
AI
Wade
Carter
Allen
Manu

ThuglifeJ
09-29-2009, 03:07 PM
^That is perfect. Ppl are trying to say Allen is better than Vince? Ha what. Allen couldn't carry a team single handedly. Vince's talent >>Allen

btw instead of Stackhouse they should definently put in FInley or Joe Johnson. Possibly even take out Roy, this kid is brand new.

N ppl stop about Tmac plz. Obviously the writer considers him a SF.

Chronz
09-29-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm glad everyone has recognized how ridiculous this post is... Fair and Balanced...just like Fox News, right?

When Wade was 21 years old, he was putting up 21.5 ppg for Marquette University.
When Kobe was 21 years old, he was putting up 22.5 ppg for the World Champion Los Angeles Lakers.

Get a clue. Wade is amazing but 21-23 year old Kobe was a much better player than 21-23 year old Dwade. Young Wade would not have pushed the Lakers past Portland in the 2000 WCF, or against the Kings in 2002. He wasn't good enough yet in his young age.

When D Wade was 22 he was putting up 16.2 ppg for the Heat.
When Kobe was 22 he was putting up 28.5 ppg, while sharing the ball with Shaq.

nice touch with the whole sharing the ball with Shaq while Wade shared the ball with nobody I suppose on route to a 16PPG average. You still make some solid points, but the way you and your clan gos about defending your man is so cliche that you guys over do it sometimes.

Squad13
09-29-2009, 03:21 PM

1. Wade
2. Wade
3. A.I

LMAO you're an idiot

Bruno
09-29-2009, 03:55 PM
nice touch with the whole sharing the ball with Shaq while Wade shared the ball with nobody I suppose on route to a 16PPG average. You still make some solid points, but the way you and your clan gos about defending your man is so cliche that you guys over do it sometimes.

Is saying young DWade wasn't on the same level as young Kobe really over doing it? The stats speak for themselves.

If you don't think sharing the ball with Shaq and still putting up 28 ppg is impressive then fine, but I do.

Chronz
09-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Is saying young DWade wasn't on the same level as young Kobe really over doing it? The stats speak for themselves.

If you don't think sharing the ball with Shaq and still putting up 28 ppg is impressive then fine, but I do.

Its not the notion of defending Kobe that your overdoing, its how you go about it. The words you use, like the whole sharing the ball with shaq even though Wade shared the ball with MORE players.

Its impressive that Kobe is putting up those #'s, but sharing the ball with Shaq isnt what makes it so. Kobe was using up possessions at the rate of a first option because (gasp) he was that good and his teammates outside of Shaq were that bad. I like to focus more on the actual offensive responsibility of the player, not the pecking order relative to his teammate.

Some teams have 2 first option players, some teams have nothing but 3rd option caliber players though one is inevitably named the first option.

JermanJaysFan
09-29-2009, 04:58 PM
I'd be tempted to put Michael Finley up there over Stack- yeah, Stack filled it up, but what wing can't drop 20-something a night if he only has to hit 2/5 shots?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Every list, where Kobe is a number 1 is a good list!

abe_froman
09-29-2009, 05:10 PM
surprised kobe fans havent taken over the thread and complained about the writer saying kobe isnt on the level of mj,russell,ect.

HouRealCoach
09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Ray Allen hasn't been better than Allen Iverson this decade

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-29-2009, 05:26 PM
AI should be 3rd on that list.

Ray allen couldn't hold AI's jock strap and neither could VC when they were all in theyre primes. if you read what that guy wrote about AI he admits not knowing about AI's game enough. whata clown do you homework.

LakersOrNothing
09-29-2009, 05:29 PM
1. Even if we would count from 03/04 Kobe had better years...
394 games (~65.(6)) -> 25.20pts (~48%, ~28.5%, ~77%), 4.9reb, 6.7ast... 1.8stl, 0.9blk...

452 games (~75.(3)) -> 28.95pts (~45%, ~34.5%, ~85%), 5.65reb, 5.2ast... 1.6stl, 0.5blk...

2. Who said that Wade is gonna be #1 Sg of the next decade? He is turning 28... (PS: Kobe is 31)... What about guy like Roy? you can't just say that... if Wade was like 23-24 than it would be a different story...

KOBE is #1 for sure, not only top SG of this decade, but overall player too

I keep thinking Wade is Lebron's age for some reason :cry:

You're right though :clap:

heattiltheend94
09-29-2009, 05:35 PM
AI is better than Ray Allen

ThuglifeJ
09-29-2009, 05:45 PM
AI should be 3rd on that list.

Ray allen couldn't hold AI's jock strap and neither could VC when they were all in theyre primes. if you read what that guy wrote about AI he admits not knowing about AI's game enough. whata clown do you homework.

That's not true if you watch the playoff duel between VC and Iverson, it was equally matched about. They pretty much switched off going nuts.

Best playoff matchup I've ever witnessed.

Bruno
09-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Its not the notion of defending Kobe that your overdoing, its how you go about it. The words you use, like the whole sharing the ball with shaq even though Wade shared the ball with MORE players.

Its impressive that Kobe is putting up those #'s, but sharing the ball with Shaq isnt what makes it so. Kobe was using up possessions at the rate of a first option because (gasp) he was that good and his teammates outside of Shaq were that bad. I like to focus more on the actual offensive responsibility of the player, not the pecking order relative to his teammate.

Some teams have 2 first option players, some teams have nothing but 3rd option caliber players though one is inevitably named the first option.

...Kobe shared the ball with more players, he averaged more assists at 22...just kidding.

I get ya, and you're probably right. But only why call me out when other peoples claims are outrageous, statistically false, or pure speculation?

MackSnackWrap
09-29-2009, 05:53 PM
i agree with the list for the most part, good post

Chronz
09-29-2009, 05:56 PM
i'd be tempted to put michael finley up there over stack- yeah, stack filled it up, but what wing can't drop 20-something a night if he only has to hit 2/5 shots?

bingo

fairandbalanced
09-29-2009, 05:56 PM
LMAO you're an idiot

See...I proved my point. None of you can disprove what I said....you can't win an argument on insults.

JermanJaysFan
09-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Every list, where Kobe is a number 1 is a good list!

Such as the "Most Overrated Players" list?

;)

Just messin'

JNA17
09-29-2009, 06:10 PM
See...I proved my point. None of you can disprove what I said....you can't win an argument on insults.

looks like u haven't been reading the other posts, even people that were not lakers fans to claim ur post was :facepalm: I did not bother to comment on ur post because you would comment back and you would only make yourself look more foolish then you are now.

dimedrpr
09-29-2009, 06:20 PM

1. Wade
2. Wade
3. A.I

Kobe is and has been the best player in the league for about the past four years now. Was Magic not a great player because he had Worthy and Kareem; or was Bird not a great player because he had McHale and Parish? Just because you have great players around you doesn't mean that you aren't still a great player. MJ didn't win any rings until Scottie got to a level where he was one of the best in the league at that time.

younggunn113
09-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Everybody here knows fairandbalanced is a homer when it comes to wade v. kobe. Ignore him, he is lost... He clearly pointed out Smush and Kwame in his post, so I found this interesting...

If you look back at recent Laker teams and players, you’ll see that this has to be the case. The last few Laker teams are absolutely littered with mediocre players that achieved some measure of never to be reproduced success next to Kobe.

Kwame Brown. Smush Parker. Chucky Atkins. Brian Cook. Chris Mihm. Kareem Rush. Jumaine Jones.

Where are they now? Will we ever hear from them again? Do you realize that the 2006 Laker team won 45 games in the West with Smush Parker starting 82 games (3rd leading scorer), Kwame Brown 49, Brian Cook 46, Chris Mihm 56, and Devean George as the 6th man? Really ponder that. Will Smush Parker ever play again in the nba? Will Brian Cook ever play in the rotation again for a playoff team, much less start? Consider that Smush Parker has a 12.5 PER playing on the Lakers and a career 6.9 PER otherwise; for Brian Cook it is 14.6 with Kobe and 8.5 without. Doing this kind of PER comparison could be its own post.

Now think about Kobe’s teammates on these finals teams. Will Radmanovic ever start again for a finals team? Will we ever hear from Sasha or Walton again if they leave Kobe’s side – and both have been critical performers on finals teams? How many career three pointers did Trevor Ariza make before Kobe gave him his shooting program last summer? (Nine). Would Gasol ever have made an all nba team or been considered a top 10 overall player on Memphis? How much money has playing with Kobe earned Ariza, Sasha, Walton, Smush, Cook, Kwame, Turiaf, Fisher, etc., etc.

But his teammates have changed, and Kobe was the one that changed them. That is the story of these playoffs — the transformation of Gasol, Ariza, and Odom from timid softies to rise to the moment men.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2009/06/16/deconstructing-kobe/

Okay he makes valid points..Who was Trevor Ariza before coming to LA? How about Shannon Brown? Do you think if Luke Walton or Sasha were on another team theyd still be in the NBA? Smush got cut from Miami. Although Kobe won nothing substantial with these players, he honestly brought the best out of them and you can only do so much. Get off Wade's jock and take a step back and read what youre saying..Its just absurd that you can honestly believe Wade had a better decade than Kobe. Miami is going to be stuck floating around .500 again this year while LA is going to be back at 65+ wins..

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-29-2009, 06:41 PM
That's not true if you watch the playoff duel between VC and Iverson, it was equally matched about. They pretty much switched off going nuts.

Best playoff matchup I've ever witnessed.

uhh really? there biggest game in that series AI out-did VC... and i'm pretty sure it was the 76ers not the Raptors in the Finals therefor VC couldn't hold AI's jockstrap

xxxplicit69
09-29-2009, 06:46 PM
10. Jerry Stackhouse
9. Rip Hamilton
8. Brandon Roy
7. Michael Redd
6. Manu Ginobili
5. Allen Iverson
4. Ray Allen
3. Vince Carter
2. Dwyane Wade
1. Kobe Bryant

if we talkin last decade as in the 90s cuz we are still in this decade until next year then it goes like this:
1. jordan
2. clyde drexler
3. reggie miller
4. mitch richmond
5. glen rice
6. steve smith
7. letrell sprewell
8. isaiah rider
9. joe dumars
10. jim jackson
jeff hornacek, eddie jones, starks, mike finley, iverson, kobe, stackhouse, allan houston

for the 2000-2010....

1. kobe
2. allen iverson
3. tmac
4. vince carter
5. ray allen
6. mike finley
7. dwade
8. stackhouse
9. michael redd
10. joe johnson/jason richardson
manu ginobili, rip hamilton, sprewell, houston, bradon roy, richard jefferson(mostly a SF though) ben gordon, j.r. smith, jordan (the oldest to ever score 51points and avg. 20+ for 2 straight seasons and 2x allstar.) jalon rose.

i ranked players like wade and b.roy lower cuz they came in the middle of the 2000s and will bleed over into the next decade, but the other players i mentioned did get down for the whole decade, same goes for the 90s list. it was pretty hard coming up with that list too cuz he was mostly a big man's league then. and a lot of the 2-guards played SFs too, some even in the new decade.:smoking:

Lakersfan2483
09-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Kobe is and has been the best player in the league for about the past four years now. Was Magic not a great player because he had Worthy and Kareem; or was Bird not a great player because he had McHale and Parish? Just because you have great players around you doesn't mean that you aren't still a great player. MJ didn't win any rings until Scottie got to a level where he was one of the best in the league at that time.

:clap::clap::clap:

AllTheWay
09-29-2009, 10:25 PM
FairandBalanced=fail.

Big Time.

Raph12
09-30-2009, 12:36 AM

That's just a label, he plays more like a two guard and Tmac plays more like a small forward. End of story.

Toenail Clipper
09-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Pierce and McGrady are SF's and Arenas is a PG. So whats your beef

Gilbert Arenas is not a point guard.
Many people see Allen Iverson as a shooting guard, but he runs the floor more compared to Arenas who just shoots the ball most of the time.
I just don't get it!

mrmike101
09-30-2009, 01:36 AM
FairandBalanced=fail.

Big Time.

LOL I feel for the guy fight fire w/ fire, homer 4 homer give them a taste. La is a wierd place, Too much man-liner and skinny jeans I hate those fans w/ a passion. I argue that kobe does not hold a candle to jordan but as far as this list goes kobe belongs at the top not even an argument.

ThuglifeJ
09-30-2009, 07:49 PM
did I honestly just read

"Gilbert Arenas is not a point gaurd"

AGAIN!?

JNA17
09-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Everybody here knows fairandbalanced is a homer when it comes to wade v. kobe. Ignore him, he is lost... He clearly pointed out Smush and Kwame in his post, so I found this interesting...

If you look back at recent Laker teams and players, you’ll see that this has to be the case. The last few Laker teams are absolutely littered with mediocre players that achieved some measure of never to be reproduced success next to Kobe.

Kwame Brown. Smush Parker. Chucky Atkins. Brian Cook. Chris Mihm. Kareem Rush. Jumaine Jones.

Where are they now? Will we ever hear from them again? Do you realize that the 2006 Laker team won 45 games in the West with Smush Parker starting 82 games (3rd leading scorer), Kwame Brown 49, Brian Cook 46, Chris Mihm 56, and Devean George as the 6th man? Really ponder that. Will Smush Parker ever play again in the nba? Will Brian Cook ever play in the rotation again for a playoff team, much less start? Consider that Smush Parker has a 12.5 PER playing on the Lakers and a career 6.9 PER otherwise; for Brian Cook it is 14.6 with Kobe and 8.5 without. Doing this kind of PER comparison could be its own post.

Now think about Kobe’s teammates on these finals teams. Will Radmanovic ever start again for a finals team? Will we ever hear from Sasha or Walton again if they leave Kobe’s side – and both have been critical performers on finals teams? How many career three pointers did Trevor Ariza make before Kobe gave him his shooting program last summer? (Nine). Would Gasol ever have made an all nba team or been considered a top 10 overall player on Memphis? How much money has playing with Kobe earned Ariza, Sasha, Walton, Smush, Cook, Kwame, Turiaf, Fisher, etc., etc.

But his teammates have changed, and Kobe was the one that changed them. That is the story of these playoffs — the transformation of Gasol, Ariza, and Odom from timid softies to rise to the moment men.

Okay he makes valid points..Who was Trevor Ariza before coming to LA? How about Shannon Brown? Do you think if Luke Walton or Sasha were on another team theyd still be in the NBA? Smush got cut from Miami. Although Kobe won nothing substantial with these players, he honestly brought the best out of them and you can only do so much. Get off Wade's jock and take a step back and read what youre saying..Its just absurd that you can honestly believe Wade had a better decade than Kobe. Miami is going to be stuck floating around .500 again this year while LA is going to be back at 65+ wins..

all i can say is :clap: . could not have said it better myself

cmellofan15
09-30-2009, 08:13 PM
good post younggunn113

my top 3

"wade
wade
wade

cuz kobe aint gunna win wit out the great supprting cast of smush parker, luke walton, brian cook, and kwame brown"

Toenail Clipper
09-30-2009, 11:07 PM

In addition to that, can Dwyane Wade transform his crappy team into a playoff team? No.