PDA

View Full Version : What is the Feeling on Greg Oden

ChiSox219
09-28-2009, 10:25 PM
I noticed in JB's thread with several comparison pairings that there was a split on Greg Oden vs Andrew Bynum.

Oden's numbers are interesting. Per 36 minutes he's good for 15 points 11.6 rebounds 2 blocks but he is unable to stay on the court because of his constant foul trouble.

Also working against him is the amount of turnovers and of course injury.

How long before he learns to play the NBA game? What kind of numbers do you expect from him this season?

goku
09-28-2009, 10:31 PM
ummmmmmm bust

clutchski
09-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Not a bust at all yet, just like a guy like Andrea Bargnani isn't. Dude has exactly that, poor foul control in the NBA, less than average free throw %, coming off an injury isn't he?

It will still take some more time with him.

The Conductor
09-28-2009, 10:40 PM
i felt him he feels good

NYtilIdie
09-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Well I consider him a bust, but he put up decent numbers in starter minutes, but since he's either in foul trouble or in the medical room most the time I see him as a good role player.

I see him possibly being 6 ppg, 4 rpg, 1 bpg

But if he shakes the injuries and stays out of foul trouble I can see him possibly living up to the hype.

iHop
09-28-2009, 10:45 PM
ummmmmmm bust

Iunno, I still have faith in him to be a good if not great player, give him a couple of years and he'll at LEAST become a 15 and 10 player.

bal_ravens
09-28-2009, 10:57 PM
i felt him he feels good

:confused:

Anyway, I can see him being close to a double double sorta guy. He just has to know he doesnt have to do it all. It looks like sometimes he tries to hard and that is where his fouls come from.

ChiSox219
09-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Well I consider him a bust, but he put up decent numbers in starter minutes, but since he's either in foul trouble or in the medical room most the time I see him as a good role player.

But if he shakes the injuries and stays out of foul trouble I can see him possibly living up to the hype.

Silly knicks fan

goku
09-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Iunno, I still have faith in him to be a good if not great player, give him a couple of years and he'll at LEAST become a 15 and 10 player.

until i see it with my own eyes bust if the blazers would have known aldridge would be this good they would have drafted kevin durrant and that would have been scary

Toenail Clipper
09-28-2009, 11:53 PM
I feel like if he continues this injury thing, he will retire very soon.

blazerman
09-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Of course he will have skeptics until he shows more even from Blazer fans.

I just saw him last week in Portland and he has slimmed down and all the Blazers just had media day and Oden was brought up by many players and Roy in particular said Greg looks great and his conditioning wont be an issue at all and he has noticeably improved and was shooting jumpers and right and left handed hooks with a high degree of them going in and his hops are definitely back and his mental state appears to be much stronger.

Oden wont be counted on to score a whole lot because of all the weapons in Portland but if he stays out of foul trouble and plays aggressively then a 15.5ppg 11rebs 2.2 blks will be what I expect. Andre Miller will see he gets easy buckets and especially with Roy cutting the lane and his ability to dish in the paint.

Defensively he will show why the Blazers picked him #1, but it will still be a couple of yr process for him to achieve his dominance. The busters that call him a bust will eat there words on him!

ManRam
09-28-2009, 11:59 PM
I thought he'd be a bust from day 1. I'm honestly not sure if he will or not, but I am almost certain that he will never be a top 10 player...like many expected. I don't think either he or Bynum will live up to the hype they have or had.

knickerbockerny
09-29-2009, 12:10 AM
The Jury is still out on him. The days in which big been spent three or four years in college are over. Guys are coming out after one season even if they aren't ready so scouts don't pick apart their games. So you have to give a big 3 seasons before you call him a bust. If after this year and he does not produce he could be called a bust. And when I say produce I mean, at least 14ppg 8rebs 1.5blks and a constant presence inside... anything more than that the Blazers would be thrilled

Ace33Bone
09-29-2009, 09:49 AM
i think he is extremely injury prone and I question his love for the game... Greg Oden is a very smart man and I feel that he will make a lot of money outside of the NBA doing other things... but I feel as though he can be a 10 and 10 guy if he stays healthy

BkOriginalOne
09-29-2009, 10:42 AM
We can't call him a bust until he turns about 26 or so. He still has room to improve and he's trying to learn. I smell the bust though (no pun intended).
He's only considered a bust because he was drafted a head of KD.

Players can still turn it around, look at Bargnani, he really started to come on last season - not saying that he will live up to his draft status, but he could make an all star team in about 3 years or so.

Nocioni5
09-29-2009, 10:49 AM
I feel the blazers should of take Kevin Durant instead but I'm not labeling him a complete bust yet he still has his time to get his act together and try to prove the skeptics wrong. Not saying he will but he still has time to turn it around.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-29-2009, 01:05 PM
He's made of pure class and ducktape!

JNA17
09-29-2009, 01:11 PM
my feeling? My feeling is that the blazers made a bone head move again

SteveNash
09-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Oden will be fine, and I really don't know how Laker fans can jump all over him in comparison to Bynum.

Storch
09-29-2009, 03:44 PM

A bust after "techinically" his first season, yeah your quite the intelligent one kid. oh and check out the thread you hated on in the lakers forum after kobe retires, you got quite a bit responses to your smart remarks.

CB4AB7VC15
09-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Give him more time

Kyben36
09-29-2009, 04:23 PM
I think he will be fine. 18 points 11 rebounds 2 blocks is what I EXPECT HIM TO AVERAGE DURRING HIM PRIME.

abe_froman
09-29-2009, 04:24 PM
think he'll still be good,but i dont buy into the hype that once surrounded him

lizard5781
09-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Future All-star and all defensive team if he can stay healthy. His foul trouble will improve as he gains more NBA experience. The problem with Oden is that he lacks confidence because of his inability to stay healthy. My feeling on Oden is that he will be an all-star, however he may have an injury riddled career similar to many, i.e Jermaine O'Neal and even Andrew Bynum. If you asked me who would i take Oden or Bynum .......Oden in a heartbeat.....people are all bandwagon jumpers and give up too easily on these young future talents. Trust me, Oden's impact will be felt.

GoCubbies65
09-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Poor foul control in the NBA?

HE fouled out of like every game in college

JordansBulls
09-29-2009, 05:39 PM
I noticed in JB's thread with several comparison pairings that there was a split on Greg Oden vs Andrew Bynum.

Oden's numbers are interesting. Per 36 minutes he's good for 15 points 11.6 rebounds 2 blocks but he is unable to stay on the court because of his constant foul trouble.

Also working against him is the amount of turnovers and of course injury.

How long before he learns to play the NBA game? What kind of numbers do you expect from him this season?

Well here is a thread about how many felt about if Portland made a huge error taking Oden over Durant.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395440&highlight=Durant

Tblaze
09-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Big men take longer to develop, and his 9 and 8 this year were pretty impressive by me. All he needs is better conditioning and more experience. I'm sure he'll surprise many.

MackSnackWrap
09-29-2009, 05:54 PM
im excpecting around 12 and 9rebs along with 2 blocks

Sinattle
09-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Darko Milicic ceiling potential