PDA

View Full Version : Shaq and how he is perceived?

JordansBulls
09-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Is it good to build a team around Shaq? (Mainly for an alltime draft)

You might laugh and say this is a crazy topic, but think of all the teams he has been on? If you are having an all time draft would you want a player that would just leave your franchise when things wasn't going as he wanted them at any time?

First look at what happened in Orlando. He was drafted in 1992 and played 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996 in Orlando and then left the team to go to LA. Now imagine you expect this to be your franchise player and he ups and leaves your team within 4 years.

He then goes to LA and plays from 1997-2004 (total of 8 years) and then makes demands and gets traded to Miami.

He plays in Miami from 2005 to the middle of 2008 and then he wants out.

He plays in Phoenix from the middle of 2008 to the end of 2009 and then he is considered a locker room cancer for the team.

This summer he gets traded and goes to Cleveland.

So all in all, while Shaq is one of the greatest players ever and one of the top 3-4 dominant players all time, is this the type of player you would take to build a franchise around knowing he can't stay on a team for too long a time unless everything is going his way?

NOTE: I can understand playing with 2 to maybe 3 teams but if wherever you go their are problems then really is it the team or is it the player himself?

abe_froman
09-28-2009, 03:05 PM
prime shaq? hell yes,its still worth it

at this point no

ko8e24
09-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Shaq is the most dominant center of all time. I think his childish behavior throughout his 17yrs+ has hurt his reputation a bit. But that doesn't matter to me. I'll always love Shaq and I do miss seeing him in a Laker uniform.