PDA

View Full Version : Dirk gearing up for next season

JayW_1023
09-28-2009, 07:29 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=4510003

It's good to see him focussing on basketball again. I think Dallas, with all their new pieces, could be a sleeper in the West. You know Dirk is going to show up.

Pretty insane how he put up 34 and 11 against a tough Nuggets frontline of Nene, Martin and Andersen. With the added rest he should be ready for another big season.

Chronz
09-28-2009, 10:44 AM
If Marion and Ross can make this a top 10 defensive team they can win 55 games.

Zefflin
09-28-2009, 01:12 PM
No Dirk love? Good for him he sounds ready. Chronz and I are Dirks only fans...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-28-2009, 01:22 PM
DirkThe Clerk!!!

aman_13
09-28-2009, 01:25 PM
I love Dirk, but this should probably be in the Mavs forum.

JayW_1023
09-28-2009, 04:07 PM
I love Dirk, but this should probably be in the Mavs forum.

I think Dirk continually gets underrated compared to other superstar players. Even guys like Stoudemire and Bosh get more respect here despite the fact that they neither have Dirks resume...nor his consistency in production.

JordansBulls
09-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Dirk has always been underrated. The man is one of the most productive and efficient players around. He has led in win shares and PER twice in his career. How many guys have done that?

JayW_1023
10-01-2009, 05:29 AM
Another article from CBSssports by John Hubbard has some really valid points

Let's make this clear: Dirk Nowitzki is not a woofer or a fighter. Neither is Tim Duncan. Nor Yao Ming. Nor any number of others.

Nowitzki is also the complimentary sort. He doesn't disparage others. He has a habit of telling the truth, which apparently violates some sort of playground ethic.

The TNT fellows have been on him several years, calling him soft, and they certainly have not distinguished between him being mentally or physically soft.

Perhaps they need a little help in examining Nowitzki's purported softness.

After the Mavericks lost Game 1 of the Denver series, Dirk praised the defensive talents of Kenyon Martin, Chris Andersen and Nene. The TNT guys went nuts, with Chris Webber saying "Dirk is scared of a defender." Kenny Smith said that "it feeds the stereotype that this guy is playing a little soft."

Nowitzki went out that night, fully aware that his fiancée was about to be arrested and in complete emotional shambles because of his off-court life, and was so scared of the defenders that he scored a mere 35.

The Taylor story went public the next day. Nowitzki's "softness" continued with 33 points in Game 3, 44 in Game 4 and 32 in Game 5.

After the absurd TNT tirades and a devastating personal experience, the "soft" Nowitzki averaged 36 points, 12 rebounds and made 53 percent of his shots in the remainder of the Denver series.

And he still said nice things about the Nuggets, who won the series 4-1.

Full article: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/12289918

Plus the fact that Chris Webber is the worst person to call out Dirk for being soft. Who disappeared down the stretch in the Kings and Lakers playoff clashes?

TheDiggler
10-01-2009, 05:42 AM
First: It's so great to see, that people are fighting for Dirk, that he should get more credit, which he clearly deserves. It's always a nice read of "JordansBulls" and "JayW", because you guys often step up for Dirk.

During off-season, he was here in Germany, of course, and had an interview where he said he's 100% ready. That story is forgotten, by him, by the fans and hopefully by the american media, too. I tell you, Dirk is hot for that next season. I hope Kidd can improve Marion on court ... . IMO the team is better than last year.

And Chris Webber, should better shut up. He knows he was pretty good, but he should know too, that he is worse than Dirk ...