PDA

View Full Version : David Lee, Nate Robinson, both, or none

metsfan316
09-28-2009, 01:55 AM
After this season, what should the Knicks do with Lee and Robinson?

abe_froman
09-28-2009, 02:40 AM
depends on what the team looks likes.

though i dont think they are planning on having either back

THE MTL
09-28-2009, 02:45 AM
I hope we plan on keeping Nate after this season. David Lee price tag is going to be too high for us to keep him pass this year.

metsfan316
09-28-2009, 03:01 AM
I hope we plan on keeping Nate after this season. David Lee price tag is going to be too high for us to keep him pass this year.
wat if David Lee under preforms. His price tag wont be that high

ZebraCity916
09-28-2009, 03:53 AM
Yeah, like the other guy said it depends what they look like after they try and land some superstars. I don't see Lee staying there cause his price is high. Nate might stay if the money's right but if he gets offered more from another team I think he'll leave.

Litchris12
09-28-2009, 04:50 AM
yeah we'll wait and see how they do

rabzouz 96
09-28-2009, 05:09 AM
let both go,they arent in the long term plans and steal time from the players that are.

JayW_1023
09-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Lee would be a valuable role player if he doesn't demand more than he is worth. I'm not a Robinson fan...heck of an athlete, but a 5'7 shootig guard is kind of a matchup problem both good and bad.

Ace33Bone
09-28-2009, 10:47 AM
It depends on what the Knicks can get by either 1) not signing them back or 2) trading them

phoenix_bladen
09-28-2009, 10:52 AM
I think it will be a sign and trade at best

they have a cap hold so it makes it complicated and most likely they will get offered from other teams before ny can settle with the superstars first

blastmasta26
09-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Try to trade both of them by the trade deadline to get rid of Curry and Jeffries.

Hustla23
09-28-2009, 11:26 AM
They must be traded before the deadline.

Otherwise after the season ends we'll have to renounce the rights to both to create cap space to go after....... :speechless:

GAWDtv
09-28-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't know what the Knicks are thinking. You can clear cap for next season but if you have no players why would anyone want to come there? Lee is a beast and should be signed, stop messing with the kid. If you don't want him renounce him and move on. I wish Toronto had him for sure and Nate is better than any guard we have presently in Toronto as well. Maybe we can work something out with NY!!

I don't like their approach as I can't see LeBron signing with NY if they are the worst team this season and without Lee and Nate, looking at what they got, they will also be the least entertaining team in the L.

P.S. LBJ will be in NY however with the Russian Mob bosses Brooklyn Nets (they gotta change that name when they move too :D NEW THREAD) :clap:

JLynn943
09-28-2009, 12:43 PM
If they can get Lee at a reasonable price, they should do it. I doubt that will happen though as he'll just get overhyped all year by the New York media, allowing him to get more than he'll be worth regardless of how well he plays.

They should let go of Nate though

phoenix_bladen
09-28-2009, 01:10 PM
They must be traded before the deadline.

Otherwise after the season ends we'll have to renounce the rights to both to create cap space to go after....... :speechless:

I agree with you but there might be a problem since the knicks can only trade them and receieve a player back 50% of their salary back

Now this migh not be a problem if they unload him for say a rookie or young player with potential but who is gonna give away a player like that if David lee or Nate rob can leave after this season?

But I think if that's the case the knicks might need to do that because their cap hold in the off season plus even if they do a sign and trade it will still take up cap space so they have to sign a superstar first and then deal with them but would they wait for that long?

Hustla23
09-28-2009, 05:04 PM
I agree with you but there might be a problem since the knicks can only trade them and receieve a player back 50% of their salary back

Now this migh not be a problem if they unload him for say a rookie or young player with potential but who is gonna give away a player like that if David lee or Nate rob can leave after this season?

But I think if that's the case the knicks might need to do that because their cap hold in the off season plus even if they do a sign and trade it will still take up cap space so they have to sign a superstar first and then deal with them but would they wait for that long?
I guess trade either for a cheap player or picks.

Anything is better than nothing.