PDA

View Full Version : Has Yao Ming's prime ended now?

JordansBulls
09-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Has Yao Ming's prime ended now? He just turned 29 this september and he is out all of the season for 2009-2010. Next year, when he comes back he will be 30 years old. Have we basically seen the best we will see of Yao Ming?

still1ballin
09-27-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't think so because with his feat like Moses Malone into the deep blue on the court about 172 feet, there is not human creature that can force be with reckon into Yao Ming's stature because he is as sneaky as James Bond, shaken not stird that is, actually his shot has been good and will always be there with him which he has develop from Sandra Bullok. Just my 2 cents.

SA5195
09-27-2009, 10:48 PM
He's just 29? wow lol thought he was like 32 or 33, but anyways, no, he'll just get injured again.

mrblisterdundee
09-28-2009, 12:48 AM
I wrote it before, and I'll write it again: the Rockets will not win a championship with Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming. He is definitely going to get worse after coming back, still 7'6", from knee surgery at the ripe age of 30. He might as well be 40.

rockets2
09-28-2009, 12:55 AM
It dosent look good for us. he has a hair line fracture thats not going to improve and he's massive frame will only put extra stress on it. at best he'll be a very good and that the most optimistic view.

Raph12
09-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Yao doesn't rely on his athleticism as much as most other stars in the league, so he won't be finished, but he won't be at his prime any longer.

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
09-28-2009, 01:49 AM
no surprise he's not lasting, he grew up on communist chinese food. which is nowhere near the awesome soviet communist food that arvedas sabonis had.. the difference? after his leg problems, sabonis came to the NBA and dominated without ever actually leaving his tippy toes (he taught big baby davis all he knows) after yao's leg problems, he's hungry for government rations twenty minutes after he ate. ZING! ....... ah sabonis, the man who was the inspiration for "nba jam"

.. all that aside, im thinking yao's gonna be like current shaq. big body takin up space in the middle, not for a running team, he definitely can be productive given the situation. i just wish that they had signed powe, he would've complimented too well

abe_froman
09-28-2009, 02:38 AM
yup.he'll still be very effective,but not as good as he was

fredv
09-28-2009, 05:53 AM
He's a hard worker, he will be back at the top.

PennyMy#1
09-28-2009, 06:38 AM
Yes it has. He still will be a good center, no question ... but, such an injury ...

Hellcrooner
09-28-2009, 11:26 AM
hell be back being sliglty better than Manute Bol and Slighty worst than Shawn Bradley.

Make Blocks, Take some rebounds withouth leaving the floor, get some threes , slow down their teams fast break and intimidate a bit in the middle on D.

Nothing more, nothing less.

fredv
09-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Make Blocks, Take some rebounds withouth leaving the floor, get some threes , slow down their teams fast break and intimidate a bit in the middle on D.

Do you even watch basketball? Yao Ming does not shoot threes, he isn't known for his shot blocking abilities at all and he surely doesn't "slow down teams on fastbreak's".
Actually, let me rephrase that: Are you freakin ********?
Yao doesn't rely on his athleticism at all, his injury is severe, but he is such a hard worker (he shoots 100 ft's from a chair everyday) that he won't loose his shooting touch and post moves.
He will certainly be slower, but I don't see him having lesser stats.

Hellcrooner
09-28-2009, 11:45 AM
The player that will come out will not be the one he was.

He still is 7,6 and he will be slower.

So

Yes being slower he will slow down fast beaks NOW

Yes he Used to take 2 blocks a game wich he will go on doing.

Yes being that tall he will continue to take some Rebounds

Yes his stats will be lesser since he will play less minutes because of his health.

Yes he shoots threes A LOT with CHINA in FIba games he has a good three point shoot, he never had to use it in NBA but now since a lot of times due to being slow he will be outside instead of inside when the attacj si somehow quick yes expect him to take more Threes than he used to .

FOBolous
09-28-2009, 11:48 AM
hell be back being sliglty better than Manute Bol and Slighty worst than Shawn Bradley.

Nothing more, nothing less.

you can't be serious? saying he'll be worse than Shawn Bradley is an insult to Yao's character and skill level. I mean...i know he's not going to be in his prime anymore...no way can he average 15/10/2 anymore but he's not going to worse than Shawn Bradley. Yao never relied on his ahleticism anyways. He always rely on skills and basketball IQ.

When he comes back...Yao's no longer going to be the franchise calibur player he was but he'll still be very good. I think he'll return as a better version of Big Z. He's still going to average close to 20 pts again, maybe around 7 or 8 rebounds, and over a blocks per game.

Hellcrooner
09-28-2009, 11:51 AM
you can't be serious? saying he'll be worse than Shawn Bradley is an insult to Yao's character and skill level. I mean...i know he's not going to be in his prime anymore...no way can he average 15/10/2 anymore but he's not going to worse than Shawn Bradley. Yao never relied on his ahleticism anyways. He always rely on skills and basketball IQ.

When he comes back...Yao's no longer going to be the franchise calibur player he was but he'll still be very good. I think he'll return as a better version of Big Z. He's still going to average close to 20 pts again, maybe around 7 or 8 rebounds, and over a blocks per game.

i will be surprised if he gets ore than 15 ppg and 10 r pg when he returns,

IF he returns wich is unclear by now.

Sinattle
09-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Yes because his good health has ended

Hawkeye15
09-28-2009, 01:40 PM
he may come back slower than he already is, but if he can actually stay on the floor, he still has a great set of skills, and hasn't relied on athletic ability in the least to date anyways. Now, he will struggle to get up and down the floor a bit possibly, and may have to play lesser minutes, but his per minute efficiency should be totally back to normal, if he can get that foot feeling good.