PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose's potential

JordansBulls
09-27-2009, 02:05 PM
What is Derrick Rose's potential? Can he be as good as Jason Kidd in his prime? Steve Nash? Allen Iverson?

Or who do you see his prime being more like?

greg_ory_2005
09-27-2009, 02:06 PM
He'll be as good as Derrick Rose.

ko8e24
09-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Derrick Rose can be as good as God if not better.

BkOriginalOne
09-27-2009, 02:15 PM
He's not going to be a better floor general than Kidd or Paul. They are they best point guards of their respective generations.
He's not going to be as a good a shooter as Nash - and probably won't get two MVPs.

I think in his prime he'll get something like 24ppg, 9apg, 5rpg, 2spg.

ThuglifeJ
09-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Rose is the next big PG behind Chris Paul when he fully develops, imo.

Yes, I think he'll be even better than Deron Williams.

KingsOfQueens
09-27-2009, 02:28 PM
I think he's a much more polished Andre Miller.

Raph12
09-27-2009, 02:32 PM
D-Rose is a score-first PG with great playmaking ability, with his current team, he will play more like Iverson, if he plays on a team like Detroit, he can play more like Kidd. As for his ceiling, the sky is the limit for anyone who had a great 1st year like Rose, but 9 times out of 10, they do not meet their potential.

abe_froman
09-27-2009, 02:41 PM
D-Rose is a score-first PG with great playmaking ability, with his current team, he will play more like Iverson, if he plays on a team like Detroit, he can play more like Kidd. As for his ceiling, the sky is the limit for anyone who had a great 1st year like Rose, but 9 times out of 10, they do not meet their potential.

you sure you dont want to double check that.because most the time they do

as for the thread over all.consistent top 5 pg,bunch of all stars..outside of that i dunno

HiphopRelated
09-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Baron Davis

zambo4president
09-27-2009, 02:46 PM
I think D Rose is going to be something really amazing. I expect hall of fame out of him. I think he will win an MVP or 2 and bring home Chicago atleast 1 title.

SchyGuy11
09-27-2009, 02:46 PM
to be honest with his potential IMO he will be better than nash, iverson, and kidd easily and i even think he will eventually be better than CP3. He is physically gifted. He has good size for a point guard, he can jump out of the gym, he is lightning quick, his jump shot improved last year and if he keeps imporving that his potential is sky high

Raph12
09-27-2009, 02:47 PM
you sure you dont want to double check that.because most the time they do

as for the thread over all.consistent top 5 pg,bunch of all stars..outside of that i dunno

I don't mean guys who started well in the NBA, I mean most guys in general, most players in the NBA do not meet their full potential.

IversonIsKrazy
09-27-2009, 02:52 PM
i expect a HOFer outta him. Finals MVP, maybe a season MVP as well. I've nvr really seen a PG like him, so strong and quick at the same time, got sick crossovers and soo strong. He is truly gifted, if i had to compare his prime to sum1 though, it would be like a better version of Baron Davis i guess.

DerekRE_3
09-27-2009, 03:00 PM

This. I hate comparisons.

_Supreme_
09-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Let's see what he does this year first. Players get overhyped and overrated so fast these days.

He may be flashy and all on the court, but mentally he appears to be closer to Stevie Starbury than to the likes of CP3, Dwill and Nash. Rose isn't exactly the smartest guy on the block, and I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be one of those "I wanna be da mann" type of players.

MackSnackWrap
09-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Hes got alot of potential to be the best in the league along with Devin Harris these guys are gonna be real good

Toenail Clipper
09-27-2009, 03:16 PM
I believe the kid is just overrated!
He's overshadowing OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon, and other great Rookies from last year.
>_>

ThuglifeJ
09-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Let's see what he does this year first. Players get overhyped and overrated so fast these days.

He may be flashy and all on the court, but mentally he appears to be closer to Stevie Starbury than to the likes of CP3, Dwill and Nash. Rose isn't exactly the smartest guy on the block, and I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be one of those "I wanna be da mann" type of players.

I forgot about this. Derek Rose is actually a dumbass academically and what.

Kidd is such a smart player and such a high BB IQ that you can only hope Derek Rose's brain is one big basketball to meet those expectations.

Only time can tell how good he'll be. But I see him to be the next big PG. ANd when I say big I mean D will, CP3.

KG2TB
09-27-2009, 03:42 PM
He's gonna be Derrick Rose. He has a style all his own and is blessed with very unique attributes for a PG. He's a score first PG but is still a natural PG who is a very good play maker. He's a hard worker who wants to be the best and with his gifts he has a very good chance to be the best PG and top 3 player in the league in a year or two. In his prime I can see him averaging 24 ppg, 10 apg, 5 rpg, 2 spg as well as very good man defense. He's something special and is a team oriented humble player. So much so he needs to become a little nastier and a little bit more cocky. He's silent but confident and this year he needs to be a lot more vocal which he talked about and is ready to do. In his rookie year he wanted to earn the respect of his veteran teammates and let his play do the talking. Now that he's done that, I expect a huge year from him. Future HOFer IMO. Maybe an MVP or two and a championship with finals mvp.

Kyben36
09-27-2009, 03:45 PM
He can be the best player in the league, but so could tyrus, potential doesnt mean anything if you dont work to get better, I think Rose has that work ethic and want to be better, so I def see a high chance of him being a top 15 player.

Raph12
09-27-2009, 03:47 PM
He's overshadowing OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon, and other great Rookies from last year.
>_>

Your just angry no one is talking about Eric Gordon lol :p

theuuord
09-27-2009, 03:50 PM
excellent.

MrFastBreak
09-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Derrick Rose will play like Derrick Rose in his prime. He is different in his own way. Why the comparisons?

Vinny642
09-27-2009, 04:03 PM
He'll be great, I don't think he'll be as good as CP or Deron but he'll be a beast

MackSnackWrap
09-27-2009, 04:15 PM
He'll be great, I don't think he'll be as good as CP or Deron but he'll be a beast
You never know man this kids got madd potential i wouldnt be surprised if he does end up becoming better

Illuminati999
09-27-2009, 04:20 PM
What is Derrick Rose's potential? Can he be as good as Jason Kidd in his prime? Steve Nash? Allen Iverson?

Andre Miller

Illuminati999
09-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Rose is the next big PG behind Chris Paul when he fully develops, imo.

Yes, I think he'll be even better than Deron Williams.

Rofl.... it's possible, but I really don't see him being better than Deron Williams.

Illuminati999
09-27-2009, 04:23 PM
I think he's a much more polished Andre Miller.

Totally agree. A bit more polished on the offensive end, but not as good as Andre on the defensive end.

Vinny642
09-27-2009, 04:28 PM
You never know man this kids got madd potential i wouldnt be surprised if he does end up becoming better

I would because CP and DWill are still young to and even getting better. Injuries can happen, and all that stuff.

Illuminati999
09-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Baron Davis

Maybe in points, assists, and rebounds (most common stats people look at). But I think they have completely different mechanics.

What I like about Rose is that he plays very maturely, similar to Brandon Roy. Very intelligent (Rose not so much academically =p) basketball players. Baron is a much better defender when he wants to be. He uses intimidation, his size for a PG (as a result he is significantly a much better post up player), and inefficient shooting to get buy (lives and dies by his long range shots). If Rose takes a higher volume of horrible shots, puts more energy on the defensive end, turns into a douche, and gains muscle mass, then okay.

Illuminati999
09-27-2009, 04:34 PM
I think D Rose is going to be something really amazing. I expect hall of fame out of him. I think he will win an MVP or 2 and bring home Chicago atleast 1 title.

ROFL!! MVP?! Really now? I guess anything is possible, but come on =p. He better hire Tonya Harding to break LeBron James', Dwight Howard's, Chris Paul's and/or Dwayne Wade's knee caps soon if he wants a shot to become League MVP.

:facepalm:

Illuminati999
09-27-2009, 04:38 PM

I can buy a Stephon Marbury type player. Pretty solid career.

Illuminati999
09-27-2009, 04:40 PM
>_>

I definitely feel OJ Mayo will be better than Rose. Just my opinion. Too bad Mayo wasn't the 1st pick and over-hyped, not to mention, on a solid team. Not saying it's Rose's fault he was drafted on a decent team already. Nothing against Rose, just against the zombie's who all think alike, thinking he's going to be the next Magic Johnson.

ChiSox219
09-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Most people have a handle on just how good he will be.

Those that don't, soon will.

Illuminati999
09-27-2009, 04:45 PM

I would DEFINITELY be surprised, but it's within the realm of possibility Rose can become better than Williams.

D Roses Bulls
09-27-2009, 05:05 PM
I would DEFINITELY be surprised, but it's within the realm of possibility Rose can become better than Williams.

man see i should of got here earlier. your banned from this thread. we all know your a derrick rose hater. i mean your the kid that said lopez could be as good or better then dwight howard. look, rose is a stud, you know it but you wont admit it. you know lopez has not near the potential rose has. you know rose in a couple years iwll be the best point guard in the NBA cause of his size, quickness, court vision, and he is only 20. dont hate on this guy. its one thing to be bias, but its another thing to be ignorant and ignore potential and the flashes of greatness you have seen from this guy.

D Roses Bulls
09-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I definitely feel OJ Mayo will be better than Rose. Just my opinion. Too bad Mayo wasn't the 1st pick and over-hyped, not to mention, on a solid team. Not saying it's Rose's fault he was drafted on a decent team already. Nothing against Rose, just against the zombie's who all think alike, thinking he's going to be the next Magic Johnson.

yeah but rose produced on a half way decent team already. a team that took boston to 7 games. mayo was the leading scorer on a crappy team. big deal! that proves nothing. you gotta be outta your mind to think mayo was better then rose and will be better. again mayo is an undersized shooting guard. mayo wili be a steve francis type player, not rose.

D Roses Bulls
09-27-2009, 05:11 PM
ROFL!! MVP?! Really now? I guess anything is possible, but come on =p. He better hire Tonya Harding to break LeBron James', Dwight Howard's, Chris Paul's and/or Dwayne Wade's knee caps soon if he wants a shot to become League MVP.

i thought you would put lopez in that convo of great name players since you htink lopez will be as good as dwight

Draco
09-27-2009, 05:14 PM

Frustrated over your team having drafted an over hyped and overrated drug addict? Just a hunch.. if any player out of the 2008 draft isn't too smart, it's SuperCoolBeas.

HiphopRelated
09-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Maybe in points, assists, and rebounds (most common stats people look at). But I think they have completely different mechanics.

What I like about Rose is that he plays very maturely, similar to Brandon Roy. Very intelligent (Rose not so much academically =p) basketball players. Baron is a much better defender when he wants to be. He uses intimidation, his size for a PG (as a result he is significantly a much better post up player), and inefficient shooting to get buy (lives and dies by his long range shots). If Rose takes a higher volume of horrible shots, puts more energy on the defensive end, turns into a douche, and gains muscle mass, then okay.
okay BD with better shot selection

Rose's vision isn't near Paul and Deron. I think that will limit him. 6 assists in 37 mpg isn't that impressive for a pg

KG2TB
09-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Most people have a handle on just how good he will be.

Those that don't, soon will.

:nod:

ko8e24
09-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Derrick Rose is a poor man's John Crotty.

jk

No seriously, dudez a beast and was ROY deservedly so. Im sure he'll have a great 2nd season.

IRUAM #21
09-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Sun Yue.

ko8e24
09-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Sun Yue.

fu sho yo, u better recognize greatness! :smoking:

greg_ory_2005
09-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Sun Yue.

Come on now, Rose will never be that good. Set realistic expectations please.

DCB/LAL
09-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Derrick Rose can be as good as God if not better.

Better than Coach Ditka???

jim51990
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
his potential is the third best pg on the league he will never be better then williams and paul

Litchris12
09-27-2009, 06:47 PM

thank you thats all he can be....he is a rare form.

theuuord
09-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Frustrated over your team having drafted an over hyped and overrated drug addict? Just a hunch.. if any player out of the 2008 draft isn't too smart, it's SuperCoolBeas.

lmao @ a Rose fan calling Beasley overhyped

Draco
09-27-2009, 06:51 PM
his potential is the third best pg on the league he will never be better then williams and paul

Rose is off to a good start having had a better rookie season that Williams.

NBAfan4life
09-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Rofl.... it's possible, but I really don't see him being better than Deron Williams.

I would because CP and DWill are still young to and even getting better. Injuries can happen, and all that stuff.

First off I'm a huge Deron williams fan, but you guys have to remember that that Dwilliams was in college for 3 years. Now when Rose first came out my boy said he was like Deron only faster I laughed in his face. I think if rose has a strong work ethic he will be better. I dont think he is going to be better than CP3

Time will tell

Draco
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM
lmao @ a Rose fan calling Beasley overhyped

Since Ford thought Riley won the draft while Rose won ROY and Beasley just came out of rehab I think Beasley it's fair to suggest that Beasley is over hyped. lmao @ a troll looking for another thread to spew his garbage.

mikantsass
09-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Multiple MVP's (Nash) will be hard to accomplish. Single handedly leading a team to the finals, MVP, Scoring titles (Iverson) will also be hard to accomplish. Multiple All-Stars and being a piece of title contending teams (Kidd) I think is more what Rose will be.

Hyland
09-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Best case: Gary Payton with more scoring
Worst case: Stephon Marbury

29$JerZ
09-27-2009, 08:18 PM
He reminds me a lot of Marbury Talent wise, luckily for him he has his head on straight so his future is a lot brighter.
I definitely can see him being a Top 10 player and Top 3 Pg in the league if he keeps progressing and doesn't have a nasty injury.

still1ballin
09-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Sun Yue.

x2

SA5195
09-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Don't know, but he'll be very good.

Illuminati999
09-27-2009, 11:21 PM
man see i should of got here earlier. your banned from this thread. we all know your a derrick rose hater. i mean your the kid that said lopez could be as good or better then dwight howard. look, rose is a stud, you know it but you wont admit it. you know lopez has not near the potential rose has. you know rose in a couple years iwll be the best point guard in the NBA cause of his size, quickness, court vision, and he is only 20. dont hate on this guy. its one thing to be bias, but its another thing to be ignorant and ignore potential and the flashes of greatness you have seen from this guy.

What I like about Rose is that he plays very maturely, similar to Brandon Roy. Very intelligent (Rose not so much academically =p) basketball players.
Yeah I hate Rose...??!!

As far as me saying Lopez is going to be better than Dwight Howard. I'll make you a deal, get the link with my post where I said Lopez IS going to be better than Howard and I promise I'll delete my account. Now, if you can't and I quote myself saying "Howard IS and probably WILL BE better than Lopez," you have to delete your account? Sound fair?

If you took your head out of your *** you would see I said it's within the realm of posibility that Brook can be just as good if not better than Howard, JUST AS YOU QUOTED ME SAYING, "It's within the realm of possibility that Rose can become better than Deron Williams." But I hate Rose and I'm insanely biased huh? :rolleyes:

So do we have a deal?

Chronz
09-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Mo Evans the goat

zambo4president
09-27-2009, 11:34 PM

Don't give me that stupid facepalm ****. My prediction is not farfetched by any means whatsoever. He has always been a winner. And even if you don't agree why the **** do you care what my opinion is? The question is what you believe
Rose's potential to be, but i guess you would know better than me right?

Illuminati999
09-27-2009, 11:50 PM
yeah but rose produced on a half way decent team already. a team that took boston to 7 [WITHOUT KEVIN-FREAKING-GARNETT] games. mayo was the leading scorer on a crappy team. big deal! that proves nothing. you gotta be outta your mind to think mayo was better then rose and will be better. again mayo is an undersized shooting guard. mayo wili be a steve francis type player, not rose.

I went ahead and fixed the message I'm quoting you on... Don't get me wrong, it's the Celtics problem Garnett wasn't healthy and didn't play in the playoffs, as such, the Bulls get credit for beating the Celtics... OH WAIT, that's right... they STILL DIDN'T BEAT THEM. That is like the Mavericks trying to get credit for taking the Lakers this year in the WCF, only to lose to them without Kobe Bryant playing... Wow, such a big accomplishment, you took a team without their best player to 7 games and STILL lost... as a result YOU should advance to the finals even though you lost.... pfffft...

Dwyane Wade: Height 6-4
OJ Mayo: Height 6-4

I guess you think Wade is ineffective because of his size? Before you say, "You're comparing Mayo to Wade?" NO! I'm showing how MANY SGs are undersized but are insanely effective. Wade, Mayo, Iverson, Terry, Eric Gordon, Ben Gordon... shall I continue? Not to mention, Mayo has the luxury of playing the 1 AND 2. Definitely more versatile.

Now then. Mayo played for a crappy team, that's why he got so many points right... Why don't you stop speaking from your *** and look at facts. Both players took about 15 shots a game. Granted Rose has a higher FG%.... ever wonder WHY he has a higher percentage? BECAUSE ROSE CAN'T SHOOT 3'S FOR ****, so he doesn't take any!!!!!! Mayo, 4.6 attempts from the 3-point line, made an EXCEPTIONAL 38+% of them (keep in mind Rose shot a pathetic 22.2%). Now you're going to say, "So it's Rose's fault that he likes to drive it to the rim and score?" Um, that's what you call a one-trick-pony. Besides, who is the more aggressive player, taking it to the rim as well AND getting fouled, and as a result shot more free throws per game? Well what do you know.... OJ MAYO. Okay, who SHOT about 10% higher in FT%? Damn that O.J. Mayo guy wins again, at a whopping 87.8% Who scored 152 MORE points in their rookie year? **** Mayo, he wins again =(. They both had about the same rebounds/game. And yes, Rose did get more assists/game, which isn't surprising as he IS a PG and Mayo played SG last year. And I KNOW you don't want me to ask this next question, but I'm going to go ahead and ask anyways. Who plays better D? :laugh2: ....

Go ahead, talk about how stats don't mean anything and how you like watching the View because of how much you hate looking up stats.

So if Mayo is not such a big deal, and he is clearly a better shooter, scorer, defender, defense breaker, and more versatile in that he can play the 1 and 2... what does that make Derrick Rose? Magic Johnson? :facepalm:

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 12:03 AM
i thought you would put lopez in that convo of great name players since you htink lopez will be as good as dwight

Draco
09-28-2009, 12:14 AM

You could say the same thing about Lopez ever reaching Dwight's level of production which seems to be your obsession.

It's weird that certain people think they've written a solid argument simply because they sprinkle their opinions with stats and usually come to unconvincing conclusions.

IMO.. just enjoy the next season. Bull's fans certainly will.

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 12:17 AM
okay BD with better shot selection

Rose's vision isn't near Paul and Deron. I think that will limit him. 6 assists in 37 mpg isn't that impressive for a pg

I agree in part. 6 assists a game for a PG is horrible, but he makes up for some of it from the amount of points he makes a game.

I like my PGs to be more of a pass first player, I guess that's why I'm not a big fan of him, not to mention he can't shoot for garbage. People don't like Jose Calderon because he's not as flashy and is the epitome of a TRUE PG in that he is unselfish by being a pass first player. Calderon has excellent shot selection (shooting 50+% FG, 90+% FT, 40+% 3pt his last 2 seasons) and makes zero to few errors. His assist ratio is significantly better than Chris Paul's and Deron William's. Of course I'd rather have Paul or Williams over Calderon, they clearly bring more to the table than Calderon. Paul and Williams get their love, Calderon definitely doesn't. To this day people already think Derrick Rose is better than Calderon... tsk tsk tsk...

I tend to try and give the proper credit to the underdogs... the not-so-flashy so he must suck attitude fans have towards amazing players is laughable.

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by Illuminati999 View Post

You could say the same thing about Lopez ever reaching Dwight's level of production which seems to be your obsession.

It's weird that certain people think they've written a solid argument simply because they sprinkle their opinions with stats and usually come to unconvincing conclusions.

IMO.. just enjoy the next season. Bull's fans certainly will.

OF COURSE YOU CAN SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT LOPEZ... [Comparing Rose to Williams] The only difference between you and Jordan's Bulls is that you don't even consider it a possibility. I COULD be just as ignorant as both of you and say "Rose will never be as good as Williams." Did I? No, I'm not an ignorant schmuck and said it's possible and within the realm of possibility that Rose can become better than Williams.

I bet both of you would have laughed at me had I said after Kobe's rookie season, "Kobe is going to be the next best basketball player in the world... worthy of being compared to and used in the same sentence as Jordan." Your laughing would be warranted/justified in that he had a gaylord rookie season. You both would have said, "Kobe will never come close to being the next Jordan, that's like saying a half black/white man will become president of the United States in our life time!!!" Obviously few if any people thought Kobe had that ability, for that reason, no one should ever make ignorant and absolute statements regarding someone's future talent. Just give your opinion, support it with facts and have fun...

Now then... comparing Lopez/Howard and Rose/Williams is VASTLY different than claiming someone can become MVP. If you think it's possible Rose has the tools to be MVP, then you would HAVE to say the same thing about Brook Lopez. It's possible Rose and/or Lopez can some day be MVP... I just think it's absurd... and I love Brook lol... There are outside factors that play into effect... like LeBron James being the best basketball player in the world today, Kobe Bryant being number 2...

Draco
09-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Calderon was awful as a rookie; offensively, defensively, with ball handling, you name it.

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Rose is off to a good start having had a better rookie season that Williams.

I'm going to wait for all the Dwight Howard/Magic fans to bash the **** out of you for comparing rookie seasons. The last time someone compared a team USA basketball player to a rookie player, they nearly committed suicide from the anger and depression having read the thread.

COME ON HOWARD/MAGIC FANS.... bash him...

Draco
09-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Illuminati999 View Post

OF COURSE YOU CAN SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT LOPEZ... [Comparing Rose to Williams] The only difference between you and Jordan's Bulls is that you don't even consider it a possibility. I COULD be just as ignorant as both of you and say "Rose will never be as good as Williams." Did I? No, I'm not an ignorant schmuck and said it's possible and within the realm of possibility that Rose can become better than Williams.

I bet both of you would have laughed at me had I said after Kobe's rookie season, "Kobe is going to be the next best basketball player in the world... worthy of being compared to and used in the same sentence as Jordan." Your laughing would be warranted/justified in that he had a gaylord rookie season. You both would have said, "Kobe will never come close to being the next Jordan, that's like saying a half black/white man will become president of the United States in our life time!!!" Obviously few if any people thought Kobe had that ability, for that reason, no one should ever make ignorant and absolute statements regarding someone's future talent. Just give your opinion, support it with facts and have fun...

Now then... comparing Lopez/Howard and Rose/Williams is VASTLY different than claiming someone can become MVP. If you think it's possible Rose has the tools to be MVP, then you would HAVE to say the same thing about Brook Lopez. It's possible Rose and/or Lopez can some day be MVP... I just think it's absurd... and I love Brook lol... There are outside factors that play into effect... like LeBron James being the best basketball player in the world today, Kobe Bryant being number 2...

I'll put this succinctly.. nothing anyone said about Rose or Lopez convinces me that Rose's ceiling isn't unlimited and that Lopez's ceiling is somewhere lower than Dwight Howard. I'd even be willing to entertain the possibility of Lopez being a top 3 center in the NBA some day.. but Dwight Howard's level.. no.

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 12:51 AM
Calderon was awful as a rookie; offensively, defensively, with ball handling, you name it.

Yeah... so was Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis, and Steve Nash...

A shame they weren't given more playing time huh... :facepalm:

With the exception of Steve Nash, none of them were international players. Funny thing is, Calderon is a mini-Nash. If you look at Nash's pathetic rookie stats, and Calderon's... they are pretty similar, Nash having the edge per/minute wise.

USA has a completely different style of play than European basketball. Thank God it only took 2 seasons for Toronto to give Calderon more playing time and prove he is the epitome of a pass first PG. Now that I mention it, Canada is technically "international" by definition, but one can argue the styles aren't so different considering the proximity of the US and Canada and the fact we have a franchise there...

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 12:58 AM
I'll put this succinctly.. nothing anyone said about Rose or Lopez convinces me that Rose's ceiling isn't unlimited and that Lopez's ceiling is somewhere lower than Dwight Howard. I'd even be willing to entertain the possibility of Lopez being a top 3 center in the NBA some day.. but Dwight Howard's level.. no.

Ironic that you say you're going to put it "succinctly," then use a double negative.

Yes... I know this isn't grammar school, I just thought it was funny. I'm also not sure I get what you're saying in that sentence. DO YOU or DON'T you think Rose's ceiling is limited?

Draco
09-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Yeah... so was Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis, and Steve Nash...

A shame they weren't given more playing time huh... :facepalm:

With the exception of Steve Nash, none of them were international players. Funny thing is, Calderon is a mini-Nash. If you look at Nash's pathetic rookie stats, and Calderon's... they are pretty similar, Nash having the edge per/minute wise.

USA has a completely different style of play than European basketball. Thank God it only took 2 seasons for Toronto to give Calderon more playing time and prove he is the epitome of a pass first PG. Now that I mention it, Canada is technically "international" by definition, but one can argue the styles aren't so different considering the proximity of the US and Canada and the fact we have a franchise there...

More minutes wouldn't help Calderon's awful shooting his rookie year or actually any other facet of his game.

Draco
09-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Ironic that you say you're going to put it "succinctly," then use a double negative.

Yes... I know this isn't grammar school, I just thought it was funny. I'm also not sure I get what you're saying in that sentence. DO YOU or DON'T you think Rose's ceiling is unlimited?

It's too bad the grammar tripped you up.. but I'll let you figure it out.

Draco
09-28-2009, 01:09 AM
I love how Calderon gets a pass in his rookie season for being unaccustomed to American bball. Didn't he have 4 or 5 years of overseas experience prior to playing in the NBA? Rose, with only 1 year of college experience, was overwhelmingly better than a rookie Calderon.

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 01:16 AM
More minutes wouldn't help Calderon's awful shooting his rookie year or actually any other facet of his game.

Of course it would. When you're trying to compete for minutes, you try to do too much which often leads to bad shot selection. Generally, people go to the FT line to get their shot on target... people need to warm up, see the ball go through the hoop a few times before they get their shot.

Do you think the last 2 years was a fluke Calderon shot 50 40 90? Or is it a coincidence that his FT% went from the lower 80's to over 98%, 3pt % from 27% to 41.7% , and 42% FG to 50% with 10 additional minutes played per game???

metsfan316
09-28-2009, 01:18 AM
Dont get ahead of yourself. I mean the guy good but u cant say he has the potential of nash, iverson, or kidd. Nash n Kidd are pass first point guards. Rose isnt, I know he averaged 6 asists last season, but thats with Gordan, their leading scorer last season. This season i think he'll average 19ppg and 4 asists. Maybe along in the future he average a good 24ppg. Thats maybe.

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 01:21 AM
I love how Calderon gets a pass in his rookie season for being unaccustomed to American bball. Didn't he have 4 or 5 years of overseas experience prior to playing in the NBA? Rose, with only 1 year of college experience, was overwhelmingly better than a rookie Calderon.

Who is giving him the pass? It helps my point that he DID have a horrible rookie season only to blossom... Do you not remember the idiotic post you made???

Then I made a list of amazing players who had crappy rookie seasons only to become great players (Kobe Bryant being the best in the world for a long time).

:laugh2: FAIL!!

D Roses Bulls
09-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Yeah I hate Rose...??!!

As far as me saying Lopez is going to be better than Dwight Howard. I'll make you a deal, get the link with my post where I said Lopez IS going to be better than Howard and I promise I'll delete my account. Now, if you can't and I quote myself saying "Howard IS and probably WILL BE better than Lopez," you have to delete your account? Sound fair?

If you took your head out of your *** you would see I said it's within the realm of posibility that Brook can be just as good if not better than Howard, JUST AS YOU QUOTED ME SAYING, "It's within the realm of possibility that Rose can become better than Deron Williams." But I hate Rose and I'm insanely biased huh? :rolleyes:

So do we have a deal?

but you said lopez could be as good as dwight and thats all i need. for you to even compare lopez and dwight is an insult and you should just be banned from the site for that. thats why i put you said as good or better, cause i know you said at least one of the possible two. DUHHHHH.

also if you compare mayo to wade then your a dumbass and seriously i dont care how dumb your next post is i iwll never reply to you again for the simple fact your just a dumb ***. i seriously hope your not saying mayo will be as good as wade cause their both 6'4. you know hwo else is 6'4? derrick rose.

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 01:26 AM
Dont get ahead of yourself. I mean the guy good but u cant say he has the potential of nash, iverson, or kidd. Nash n Kidd are pass first point guards. Rose isnt, I know he averaged 6 asists last season, but thats with Gordan, their leading scorer last season. This season i think he'll average 19ppg and 4 asists. Maybe along in the future he average a good 24ppg. Thats maybe.

Don't get me wrong, Rose isn't one of my favorite players, but I think he'll still get at least 6 assists a game, if not 1 more. Rose will learn/develop as he gets more playing time. I think why people want to compare him to Kidd is because Kidd is an excellent rebounder. The Kidd comparisons from the announcers didn't come out until the playoffs when Rose got close to 10 rpg. It's great he had an insane amount of rpg, but um, Kidd didn't just do it in the playoffs, he averaged 8.2 rpg in the 06-07 season. Probably the closest anyone has come to having average a season triple double since Oscar Robinson did it in 61-62 season. When Rose averages at least 7 rebounds a game, then we can talk about a Kidd comparison... I'd be even willing to forget that Kidd has more steals and players significantly better defense.

But you are 100% correct in that he is a shoot first PG. A bigger yet still a broke man's Allen Iverson. Nash and Kidd are more than likely out of the equation.

theuuord
09-28-2009, 01:27 AM
but you said lopez could be as good as dwight and thats all i need. for you to even compare lopez and dwight is an insult and you should just be banned from the site for that.

for what it's worth, it's about as dumb as comparing Lopez to Brad Miller.

D Roses Bulls
09-28-2009, 01:29 AM
for what it's worth, it's about as dumb as comparing Lopez to Brad Miller.

says the nets fan and ive had people message me telling me how the comparison is so right on. so dont get me started

theuuord
09-28-2009, 01:30 AM
says the nets fan and ive had people message me telling me how the comparison is so right on. so dont get me started

i'm.... happy for you? lol.
doesn't mean it's not a stupid comparison, or at least as stupid as Lopez and Dwight.

Draco
09-28-2009, 01:30 AM
Who is giving him the pass? It helps my point that he DID have a horrible rookie season only to blossom... Do you not remember the idiotic post you made???

Then I made a list of amazing players who had crappy rookie seasons only to become great players (Kobe Bryant being the best in the world for a long time).

:laugh2: FAIL!!

You're singing Calderon's praises for being the player that he is today yet he came into the league with several years of professional basketball experience and he sucked it up his rookie year. All the while you're obsessively criticizing Rose, who came into the league with 1 year of college experience, for having a garbage jump shot and not being a pass first PG More than a bit hypocritical.

D Roses Bulls
09-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Don't get me wrong, Rose isn't one of my favorite players, but I think he'll still get at least 6 assists a game, if not 1 more.

But you are 100% correct in that he is a shoot first PG. A bigger yet broke man's Allen Iverson. Nash and Kidd are more than likely out of the question.

so you said you would quit if i found a reply saying you said lopez will be better then dwight? ill do you one better. your fellow nets fan called you out on it. its still up in the other thread. lets see what he thinks.....

Legend

the only person in this entire thread - Nets fans included - who is seriously about Lopez being better than Howard is Illuminati.

Everyone else has said it's probably not going to happen, but that Lopez has been undervalued.

so please ban yourself now, cause its even worse when your own kind is saying that

metsfan316
09-28-2009, 01:33 AM
Don't get me wrong, Rose isn't one of my favorite players, but I think he'll still get at least 6 assists a game, if not 1 more.

But you are 100% correct in that he is a shoot first PG. A bigger yet broke man's Allen Iverson. Nash and Kidd are more than likely out of the question.

6 asists without Gordan

D Roses Bulls
i'm.... happy for you? lol.
doesn't mean it's not a stupid comparison, or at least as stupid as Lopez and Dwight.

ummm yeah it is stupid comparing dwight and lopez. only a ****** could actually believe that comparison to be true. and i said lopez will have a brad miller type of career, i didnt compare the two in skill set cause brad miller shoots a lot more then lopez, lopez is more in the paint

theuuord
so you said you would quit if i found a reply saying you said lopez will be better then dwight? ill do you one better. your fellow nets fan called you out on it. its still up in the other thread. lets see what he thinks.....

Legend

the only person in this entire thread - Nets fans included - who is seriously about Lopez being better than Howard is Illuminati.

Everyone else has said it's probably not going to happen, but that Lopez has been undervalued.

so please ban yourself now, cause its even worse when your own kind is saying that

your own kind? wtf? are sports fans species now?

and that's a quote from me, not him, so it's kind of irrelevant. i mean, clearly Illuminati thinks Lopez has the potential to be better than Dwight, but he never said outright that it will assuredly happen.

theuuord
09-28-2009, 01:35 AM
ummm yeah it is stupid comparing dwight and lopez. only a ****** could actually believe that comparison to be true.

****** is a strong word. i'll just say that i strongly disagree with the possibility. and i feel the same way about a comparison between Lopez and Miller.

and i said lopez will have a brad miller type of career, i didnt compare the two in skill set cause brad miller shoots a lot more then lopez, lopez is more in the paint

which is still a stupid comparison.

D Roses Bulls
09-28-2009, 01:38 AM

and that's a quote from me, not him, so it's kind of irrelevant. i mean, clearly Illuminati thinks Lopez has the potential to be better than Dwight, but he never said outright that it will assuredly happen.

your right, i should of worded it better. im drunk so excuse me on that, i mean nets fans. but you still said he is the only person that thinks it will happen. i didnt say it, you did.

theuuord
09-28-2009, 01:40 AM
your right, i should of worded it better. im drunk so excuse me on that, i mean nets fans. but you still said he is the only person that thinks it will happen. i didnt say it, you did.

lol, drunk posting is never a good idea dude.
and it doesn't matter if i said it, what matters is if HE said it. and he never explicitly has, because (if i'm reading him right) he doesn't say it's likely - just that it's possible.

D Roses Bulls
09-28-2009, 01:40 AM
****** is a strong word. i'll just say that i strongly disagree with the possibility. and i feel the same way about a comparison between Lopez and Miller.

which is still a stupid comparison.

i dont think it is. miller wasnt great, but he was pretty good. i think lopez will have the same type of career. one or two all stars. always contributing. he will not be a consistent all star though

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 01:41 AM
but you said lopez could be as good as dwight and thats all i need. for you to even compare lopez and dwight is an insult and you should just be banned from the site for that. thats why i put you said as good or better, cause i know you said at least one of the possible two. DUHHHHH.

also if you compare mayo to wade then your a dumbass and seriously i dont care how dumb your next post is i iwll never reply to you again for the simple fact your just a dumb ***. i seriously hope your not saying mayo will be as good as wade cause their both 6'4. you know hwo else is 6'4? derrick rose.

ROFL!!!!! :laugh2:

Go look, you claimed I said Lopez "is going to be better than Howard." :laugh2:
Not only that, saying someone has the potential to be just as good or better IS 100% not the same as saying "HE IS going to be better."

Do you know how many people think it's possible Lopez can be just as good if not better in the long run than Howard? No one said he currently is better or for sure is going to be... don't be such a schmuck lol.... I guess we should all be banned because we can't say with 100% certainty Howard will be the best center forever. Geez, I wonder how you feel when people say Yao is better than Howard... I hope you don't start cutting yourself with a razor...

D Roses Bulls
09-28-2009, 01:43 AM
lol, drunk posting is never a good idea dude.
and it doesn't matter if i said it, what matters is if HE said it. and he never explicitly has, because (if i'm reading him right) he doesn't say it's likely - just that it's possible.

look you can change what you said. i will eventually go back and re read all his posts but that dude posted like 500 posts in that thread alone arguing the fact. even saying he could be is dumb. you even know he wont be no dwight howard or even near him . i mean seriously. i guess if lopez is the next dwight, then im going to be bias and say noah will be one of the best centers

theuuord
09-28-2009, 01:43 AM
i dont think it is. miller wasnt great, but he was pretty good. i think lopez will have the same type of career. one or two all stars. always contributing. he will not be a consistent all star though

Brook will likely be an all-star within the next two years (if not next year as a reserve), if only because outside of Dwight and Shaq there's no C's in the east that are going to compete with him for votes.

I think it's pretty likely he'll be a consistent all-star during his prime.

D Roses Bulls
09-28-2009, 01:45 AM

Not only that, saying someone has the potential to be just as good or better IS 100% not the same as saying "HE IS going to be better."

Do you know how many people think it's possible Lopez can be just as good if not better in the long run than Howard? No one said he currently is better or for sure is going to be... don't be such a schmuck lol.... I guess we should all be banned because we can't say with 100% certainty Howard will be the best center forever. Geez, I wonder how you feel when people say Yao is better than Howard... I hope you don't start cutting yourself with a razor...

like i said, ban yourself. not one time did i say you said right now he is better. you seriously are just dumb. your nets partner caled you out even though he is switching it up but its in black and white. we all know the truth now. so BAN YOURSELF.

D Roses Bulls
09-28-2009, 01:47 AM
all i will say for sure is derrick rse will be the starting point guard for the east for probably until he retires. he will be that good

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 01:49 AM

ROFL!!!

I've had about 10 different people messaging me saying they don't think Lopez is going to be better than Howard, but thought you were a moron for not knowing anything about Dwight Howard (how many years he's played in the NBA, his stats, etc). Some still posted in the thread, others just DIDN'T want to support your illogical argument.

Funny that open minded people who share YOUR opinion (not to mention big Magic Fans) respect me and my opinions over yours.... even when it is contrast to their start player, Dwight Howard.

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 01:52 AM
You're singing Calderon's praises for being the player that he is today yet he came into the league with several years of professional basketball experience and he sucked it up his rookie year. All the while you're obsessively criticizing Rose, who came into the league with 1 year of college experience, for having a garbage jump shot and not being a pass first PG More than a bit hypocritical.

This is priceless. You CLEARLY aren't even reading my posts. In this thread alone, I have defended Rose and even said I like certain things about his game. I am 100% fair with him in that I say the good and the bad, because I do point out his weaknesses, it is known as "obsessively criticizing him." :laugh2:

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 01:57 AM

Legend

How is his opinion PROOF or "better" than I said Brook is going to be better than Howard???

The fact you are going through 30+ pages of posts to try and find mine is utterly insane yet it makes me feel good knowing you're wasting you're time. It's a cop-out to stop looking and rely on someone's opinion as a quote that I said Brook is going to be better.

QUOTE ME OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT, SINCE YOU ALREADY AGREED TO OUR DEAL. The deal never involved someone's opinion, it involved you posting/quoting me!!

FAIL!!! :laugh2:

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 02:01 AM

Why didn't you quote the part where I talked about Rose and Wade? Because I already KNEW you would revert to this defense? LOL... I told you this is what you would say, yet you STILL said it. :facepalm:

I didn't compare Mayo's talent to Wade's talent, you said Mayo was UNDERSIZED for a SG... as a result, not being any good... I compared Mayo's and Wade's SIZE... NOT talent... lol... I even gave a much broader list of undersized players....

Albeit, it's only an inch, but Rose is 6'3. But who cares, he only plays the point...

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 02:03 AM
your fellow nets fan

BTW, I have stated on several occasions... I HATE THE NETS... I just love Brook Lopez...
FAIL AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!! :P

Draco
09-28-2009, 02:03 AM
This is priceless. You CLEARLY aren't even reading my posts. In this thread alone, I have defended Rose and even said I like certain things about his game. I am 100% fair with him in that I say the good and the bad, because I do point out his weaknesses, it is known as "obsessively criticizing him." :laugh2:

The general meaning behind all of your posts is that you think he's overrated. Fine, we get that. You've posted that message ad nauseam and in the process you've shown yourself to be a hypocrite (with regards to Calderon) and a troll.

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 02:05 AM

Correct. In fact I have stated numerous times that Howard will probably be better, but it's possible for Brook to be on his level if not better due to his amazing skill set.

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 02:08 AM
look you can change what you said. i will eventually go back and re read all his posts but that dude posted like 500 posts in that thread alone arguing the fact. even saying he could be is dumb. you even know he wont be no dwight howard or even near him . i mean seriously. i guess if lopez is the next dwight, then im going to be bias and say noah will be one of the best centers

It's funny, when you compare Brook to Brad Miller, it's 100% legit and reasonable... almost fact even.

But when I had compared Rose to a less defensive but a more polished Andre Miller, it's stupid... nuts... inaccurate, and not possible... he's going to be better than all other PGs in a few years with you... lol

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
09-28-2009, 02:11 AM
i think he can adapt to the players that surround him. he'll be a "stockton", but he needs to be paired with a "malone" of sorts ... wouldnt it be great if it was johnson or taj?...

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 02:12 AM

By claiming someone's opinion is fact I supposedly said Brook is going to be greater than Howard and told me to delete my account, you agreed to our deal. So, if in 24 hours you show everyone the post where I said that, I will delete. You must do the same if you can't....

We should set a time period for you to post where I said Brook is going to be better than Howard. 24 hours sound reasonable?

Draco
09-28-2009, 02:13 AM
I don't know.. was Andre Miller drafted #1, was he ROY, did he do anything significant in his rookie season like tie a playoff record?

ChiSox219
09-28-2009, 02:22 AM
This thread is going nowhere.

Like I said, some realize how good Rose is, and those that don't will see. You don't need to waste your time convincing others, Rose will do it for you, just give him a little more time than one season @20 years old.

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 02:27 AM
I don't know.. was Andre Miller drafted #1, was he ROY, did he do anything significant in his rookie season like tie a playoff record?

ROFL.... This is EXACTLY what I mean with the over-rated number 1 overall draft picks. They resort to draft position when arguing their excellence and future prospects, rather than using their ACTUAL stats, strengths, and most importantly weaknesses.

With your gaylord argument, I can do the same. Was Brad Miller drafted #10? No he went UNDRAFTED! Did Brad Miller put up ROY worthy stats? No, he put up 3 rpg, .6 apg, and 6.3 ppg. Did Brad Miller ever block more than at least 1.8 shots in his rookie season or in ANY other season? HELL no, he has a career average of .8 bpg.

Rofl... what a horrible argument... :facepalm:

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 02:29 AM
Hahaha... This thread has turned into Brook Lopez Can Be Just As Good If Not Better thread...

I love it! =p

Illuminati999
09-28-2009, 02:34 AM
The general meaning behind all of your posts is that you think he's overrated. Fine, we get that. You've posted that message ad nauseam and in the process you've shown yourself to be a hypocrite (with regards to Calderon) and a troll.

So now that you noticed I actually defend Rose when I see people say unrealistic things, you change your argument to my posting Rose is over-rated and that I'm a hypocrite because Calderon is UNDER-rated?

Why not stay on one argument/point? Because I shot it down without effort? tsk tsk tsk

Draco
09-28-2009, 02:36 AM
ROFL.... This is EXACTLY what I mean with the over-rated number 1 overall draft picks. They resort to draft position when arguing their excellence and future prospects, rather than using their ACTUAL stats, strengths, and most importantly weaknesses.

With your gaylord argument, I can do the same. Was Brad Miller drafted #10? No he went UNDRAFTED! Did Brad Miller put up ROY worthy stats? No, he put up 3 rpg, .6 apg, and 6.3 ppg. Did Brad Miller ever block more than at least 1.8 shots in his rookie season or in ANY other season? HELL no, he has a career average of .8 bpg.

Rofl... what a horrible argument... :facepalm:

It's the combination of the three things I mentioned and draft position matters insomuch as Paxson and Riley believed Rose was the cream of the crop. ROY matters insomuch as it's an indication that Paxson made the right decision. The record matters insomuch as it's an example of why a lot of people love Rose. These help establish Rose's pedigree and provide a reason to believe in his potential. Miller as a rookie didn't give anyone a reason to believe he'd be anything more than average.

Draco
09-28-2009, 02:40 AM
So now that you noticed I actually defend Rose when I see people say unrealistic things, you change your argument to my posting Rose is over-rated and that I'm a hypocrite because Calderon is UNDER-rated?

Why not stay on one argument/point? Because I shot it down without effort? tsk tsk tsk

The post I had in mind.. you defended Rose in a single sentence that segued into a paragraph of why you didn't like him. I'm not concerned with that.. I'm just point out that you're a troll and a hypocrite.

THE MTL
09-28-2009, 02:43 AM
I say that Derrick Rose can be a more polished Devin Harris. Super fast scoring point guard with playmaking abilities. Long arms capable of great defense.

HiphopRelated
09-28-2009, 07:20 AM
It's the combination of the three things I mentioned and draft position matters insomuch as Paxson and Riley believed Rose was the cream of the crop. ROY matters insomuch as it's an indication that Paxson made the right decision. The record matters insomuch as it's an example of why a lot of people love Rose. These help establish Rose's pedigree and provide a reason to believe in his potential. Miller as a rookie didn't give anyone a reason to believe he'd be anything more than average.

hold up, Bulls were heading right back to the lotto until the Salmons/ Miller trade. Gordon and Salmons create their own offense and didn't have to rely on Rose to set them up so the offense had a new look post ASB.. 6 assists in 37 mins isn't that good. Deng is a guy that needs to be set up or he looks useless.

That's the main reason I don't like the Deron/Paul comparisons. I still think Baron Davis with better shot selection when I see Rose, and that's not a bad thing.

JordansBulls
09-28-2009, 08:25 AM
I don't see why he couldn't average 25 ppg.

Also if he doesn't average 10+ apg then I can clearly see him getting 25 ppg.

rabzouz 96
09-28-2009, 08:47 AM
wow, this is bad. derrick rose is a nice player, but this is worse than some laker fans and their kobe obsession.

rathauneak
09-28-2009, 08:48 AM
I see him being in talks for the best PG in the game in a few years. Right now, CP3 is the most complete PG and it's going to be tough for Rose to match him on that level. Rose is probably more talented/gifted, but CP3's bball I.Q. is sick and again, unmatched for this generation of PG's so far.

Ace33Bone
09-28-2009, 10:32 AM
I think Derrick Rose is an equivalent to Deron Williams with more atleticism at his peak

Nocioni5
09-28-2009, 11:53 AM

Illuminati999 you should go try and Illuminate some where else b/c your bringing zero substantial value to this thread and have steered posters away from the original topic to satisfy your infatuation with Brook Lopez. I liked Brook Lopez but b/c of you I am starting to detest him. Go get you self a life-size fathead of Brook Lopez and do as you please w/ it and let the rest of us be. Please stop trolling and have a great day.:D

theuuord
09-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Illuminati999 you should go try and Illuminate some where else b/c your bringing zero substantial value to this thread and have steered posters away from the original topic to satisfy your infatuation with Brook Lopez. I liked Brook Lopez but b/c of you I am starting to detest him. Go get you self a life-size fathead of Brook Lopez and do as you please w/ it and let the rest of us be. Please stop trolling and have a great day.:D

lol. you may hate illuminati but please don't hate Brook Lopez. skill or not he's probably the most unintentionally hilarious player in the NBA.

Cubs Win
09-28-2009, 12:03 PM
lol. you may hate illuminati but please don't hate Brook Lopez. skill or not he's probably the most unintentionally hilarious player in the NBA.

Would you guys mind trading us Lopez for Miller? Just so we could put Lopez at center and Noah and power forward to have possibly the goofiest looking 4-5 combo in NBA history.

BoratSagdiyev
09-28-2009, 12:09 PM
His physical gifts are unreal. He is one of those rare talents that have skills to take over games. I'd compare his size at his position to when Shaq entered the league. It starts a trend of entire new body types. LeBron and Dwight Howard are others like this.

theuuord
09-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Would you guys mind trading us Lopez for Miller? Just so we could put Lopez at center and Noah and power forward to have possibly the goofiest looking 4-5 combo in NBA history.

lol. i couldn't even imagine their post-game conversations.

DLeeicious
09-28-2009, 01:14 PM
It makes me so happy to have Rose on my team. Anytime I'm pissed off about something I just think to myself, "It's okay, we got Rose, things could be worse". He is THAT special of a player. Anyone who watched his entire rookie season last year understands how special of a player he is. Anyone here who doubts his ability to be the top point guard in the league at some point hasn't watched him play enough. Not that it is a certainty, but to doubt the possibility of this is ignorant. ONE MONTH!

SteveNash
09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
A more athletic Stephon Marbury.

PBG
09-28-2009, 04:29 PM
you know hwo else is 6'4? derrick rose.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Derrick-Rose-1068/

derrick rose is 6' 2.5" in shoes goofball.....

JordansBulls
09-28-2009, 05:00 PM
A more athletic Stephon Marbury.

But the playmaking of whom?

HiphopRelated
09-28-2009, 05:10 PM
possibly Marbury, not sure yet

Rose hasn't shown elite vision yet. A lot of pgs in the league can get 6 assists in 37 minutes...that's not really impressive

CB4AB7VC15
09-28-2009, 05:38 PM
young marbury

smith&wesson
09-28-2009, 05:58 PM
>_>

how is he over rated ? derik rose > oj may and eric gordon.

did you ever watch the play offs ? or a bulls season game ? this kid does every thing, scores, distributes, grabs boards, steals,

what does he have to do to earn your respect ??? mmmm iknow get traded to the clippers right?

Hyland
09-28-2009, 06:19 PM
possibly Marbury, not sure yet

Rose hasn't shown elite vision yet. A lot of pgs in the league can get 6 assists in 37 minutes...that's not really impressive

Marbury got 8+ assist...is that impressive? Marbury's passing is underrated.

nBaLivEchamP
09-28-2009, 06:37 PM
if rose develops a consistent jumpshot....you can book him on being a superstar level player

SteveNash
09-28-2009, 06:42 PM

Slightly less of a playmaker than Marbury.

Yes, everyone just thinks of Vaseline eating Marbury these days.

Marbury was Rose with a jump shot when he entered the league, he just wasn't quite as hyped because he was in the same class as AI and played in Minnesota.

HiphopRelated
09-28-2009, 06:44 PM
yeah, that's why I said possibly.

Rose probably tops out around 8 imo.

I just don't see the vision to be 10+

Didn't see it at Memphis and didn't see it last year.

23/8 prime

The[chi][town]
09-28-2009, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXciKh0Dj4g

quit with the andre miller comparisons

roshan3ai
09-28-2009, 07:25 PM
DWade

ProdigyI
09-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Derrick Rose will be the best PG in NBA history when you add accomplishments plus stats when it's all said and done.

Then again I'm a homer!

But I seriously think he will be top 5 best PG's to ever play the game when his career is done

JordansBulls
09-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Derrick Rose will be the best PG in NBA history when you add accomplishments plus stats when it's all said and done.

Then again I'm a homer!

But I seriously think he will be top 5 best PG's to ever play the game when his career is done

I would just hope his career is as good as Isiah Thomas where we can get two titles during his time in Chicago.

JordansBulls
09-29-2009, 05:33 PM
DWade

Imagine having 2 Dwades on the same team?:D

xxxplicit69
09-29-2009, 05:52 PM

the sky is the limit for rose, but the players you mentioned are not good comparisons to rose. a few of them are too small, not as athletic and nash and kidd are different from rose entirely. kidd and nash are more pass first shoot second, better playmakers than rose as far as gettin others involved (obviously cuz they can get you 10+ apg) and they are more shooters.

rose has the tenasity that A.I. has in going to the hole but since rose is bigger he's a better finisher in terms of dunking. to me rose can be as good as steve francis was in his prime, or like how kevin johnson was, baron davis maybe if rose gets his outside game together and can drop dimes like BD, though the team isnt as talented this year without gordon (kind of hard to get assists like that). but he finishes as good as BD and has a killer crossover.

rose even has a game similar to dwayne wade, also penetrates like tony parker and devin harris, he's more of the type of point guard that can score from 20-25ppg but drop 6-9apg (depending on the talent and tempo of the team), get you 4-5rpg, and maybe get you 1-2spg (closer to 2 if they can push the tempo and play for fastbreaks.) maybe could even get you 0.5blk cuz of his athletism. he has the athletic ability of a SG but can dish the ball out and has the ball handling and quickness of a PG, he's sick wit, the best the bulls have going until they (WE) get dwade in 2010.:pray::nod::rolleyes: