PDA

View Full Version : Is Carmelo Anthony Underrated?

FlakeyFool
09-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Is Carmelo Anthony underrated?

Durant is hype
09-26-2009, 12:27 PM
He's WELL RATED.

Ray_R
09-26-2009, 12:28 PM
i think so mayb becuz 2010 is coming and all we here right now is Lebron Wade and Bosh

Fresno
09-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Carmelo isnt underrated, he is what he is. Hes a high scoring SF but is average with every other aspect of his game.

heyman321
09-26-2009, 01:04 PM
You mean the guy that only scores and does nothing else well, sucker punched Jared Jefferies in the Knicks-Nuggets brawl and then ran like a girl, and only had playoff success with the arrival of CHAUN-CEY B-B-B-B-BILLUPS? Yeah, he's under-rated.

MrFastBreak
09-26-2009, 01:10 PM
He's underrated on this forum.

JNA17
09-26-2009, 01:11 PM
more overrated imo

MackSnackWrap
09-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Overtated if anything

NBAfan4life
09-26-2009, 01:24 PM
I think the general Consensus is that he is in the top 5 to 10 players in the nba. So no he is not overrated

zambo4president
09-26-2009, 01:24 PM
I think he is more underrated than he is overrated. He has always been my favorite player until Rose came. I think he could lead the league in scoring this year.

dtmagnet
09-26-2009, 01:38 PM
i think so mayb becuz 2010 is coming and all we here right now is Lebron Wade and Bosh

That's only because Carmelo isn't a free agent until the year after those guys, I think there will be huge hype about Carmelo's impending free agency especially if the Nuggets don't build on what they accomplished last season.

NYman15
09-26-2009, 01:44 PM
He is a little underrated in my mind he is as good as wade or kobe but maybe not as good as lebron people seem to forget with 2010 summer coming that 2011 has some great superstars as well like Carmelo who i think might move due to publicity and i see him in ny where he grew up could you imagine melo and lebron on the same team in New York

FlakeyFool
09-26-2009, 01:55 PM
He is a little underrated in my mind he is as good as wade or kobe but maybe not as good as lebron people seem to forget with 2010 summer coming that 2011 has some great superstars as well like Carmelo who i think might move due to publicity and i see him in ny where he grew up could you imagine melo and lebron on the same team in New York

periods aren't illegal.

Ebbs
09-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I think he is! He is alot better then he gets credit for!

DerekRE_3
09-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Carmelo isnt underrated, he is what he is. Hes a high scoring SF but is average with every other aspect of his game.

I guess you didn't watch him at all last year.

azkarraga
09-26-2009, 02:11 PM
he's rated just ok.

Rocktober2009
09-26-2009, 02:18 PM
He is well rated, top 5 player is about where he is.
want to talk under/over rated?

Artest:Underrated
Bosh:Overrated

the "melo man is doing fine in the eyes of 90% of the NBA fans, he'll be top 3 in scoring and probably improve like he has the past 3 years with his rebounds and assists.

SeoulBeatz
09-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Melo is nasty. and i still think he is SLIGHTLY underrated in this league.

people see Melo smiling, they see that he's not that fast for a SF, they think he's not trying or that he doesn't care. yet he still drops 30 on ur *** and he is a MUCH better overall player than people think. His defense is also not as bad as people think as well.

last years playoffs he showed up bigtime. yet not really, cus he was playing like he always does, yet YOU DIDNT NOTICE because no one talks about melo.

do i think he is as good as wade and lebron, no... but the difference is not that great and he should be getting more recognition.

people have to stop being ignorant and actually WATCH nugget games and see how potent of a player Melo really is.

and i have no reason to defend this guy im one of the biggest sixers fans on this site, but ignorance just gets to me.

ManRam
09-26-2009, 02:40 PM
No. He was underrated until the playoffs...then people began to overrate him. He's a fringe superstar. A top 10 player...but not top 5...not even close.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-26-2009, 02:57 PM

Classic. :clap: Fresno, you are a lyrical-wordsmith-genius!

That's Shakespeare like.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-26-2009, 03:09 PM
You mean the guy that only scores and does nothing else well, sucker punched Jared Jefferies in the Knicks-Nuggets brawl and then ran like a girl, and only had playoff success with the arrival of CHAUN-CEY B-B-B-B-BILLUPS? Yeah, he's under-rated.

Yes, the same guy who...

-Has improved each year in the L
-Scored 33 points in 1 Qtr.
-Same guy who was a captain of team USA

To name a few things... Check the $tats bruh!

smith&wesson
09-26-2009, 04:39 PM
top 10 player in the league today.

kobe
lebron
wade
howard
paul
roy
D will
dirk
mello
bosh-jeffreson

I dont know if he is under rated as long as he is viewed as a top ten player i think thats enough credit for him. he definatley is not in the top 5

and my top ten can be argued, but mello is definatley top 10. i dont think you can argue that.

Ray_R
09-26-2009, 04:45 PM
That's only because Carmelo isn't a free agent until the year after those guys, I think there will be huge hype about Carmelo's impending free agency especially if the Nuggets don't build on what they accomplished last season.

but as of now he is underrated becuase the hype around 2010

abe_froman
09-26-2009, 04:53 PM
He is well rated, top 5 player is about where he is.
want to talk under/over rated?

Artest:Underrated
Bosh:Overrated

the "melo man is doing fine in the eyes of 90% of the NBA fans, he'll be top 3 in scoring and probably improve like he has the past 3 years with his rebounds and assists.

top 5? haha i dont think so,thats overrating him.top 10 though is a yes

he was over the past few years(think outside issues and first round exits may have been the cause).though recently he's been getting rated about right.

Wilson
09-26-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't know if he's under-rated or not, but I do think he's set for a huge year.

I was really impressed with him in the Western Conference Finals, I've said a number of times that I don't understand why Coach Karl didn't keep 'Melo on Kobe. In games one and two, Carmelo's defense (his ball denial in particular) were very impressive.

Now, with a full training camp and season with Billups, I think Carmelo and the Nuggets are ready to have a huge (possibly championship) season.

SA5195
09-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Don't think know, but 3-4 years ago he was really really really overrated IMO.

BkOriginalOne
09-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Yes, he wasnt even an all star last season.

He has the ability to be a top 5 player in the league. It's only a matter of time before Billups brings it out in him.

The guy has a top 3 offensive move set in the NBA - he's good. Scoring titles, all NBA good.
Just has to add a bit more D, better shot selection, leadership, passing - and you're looking at an MVP level player.

Zefflin
09-26-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't know...a little I guess. He's a very complete player. Everyone knows he's the 2nd best SF...

sofargone
09-26-2009, 08:13 PM
hes one of the best players today...but he doesnt have the ability to carry a team, good thing denver has billups

MackSnackWrap
09-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Don't think know, but 3-4 years ago he was really really really overrated IMO.

ye thats what i think to

dwadefan03
09-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Carmelo is unbelivably underrated. this guys impoves evey year... he has become a different person since billups has arrived, hes a good leader, hes the sec best small forward in the game AND he shoots unbelivably well in the clutch. somewhere around 45 percent i think. kobe, lebron, and wade only avg around 35. i think hes overshadowed by those three.

heyman321
09-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Yes, the same guy who...

-Has improved each year in the L
-Scored 33 points in 1 Qtr.
-Same guy who was a captain of team USA

To name a few things... Check the $tats bruh!

Hmm let's see.

-Almost every year each player improves in the league.
-Kobe averaged 35 a year a couple years ago. That did nothing. How does scoring 33 in a quarter not make him over rated? He probably gave up 40 in that span.
-Hmm Team USA has nothing to do with the NBA game, but I'll play along. I believe Wade and Lebron were captains of the team as well, so does that really make Melo oh so special when each person on the team could probably be captain as well?

Wilson
09-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Carmelo is unbelivably underrated. this guys impoves evey year... he has become a different person since billups has arrived, hes a good leader, hes the sec best small forward in the game AND he shoots unbelivably well in the clutch. somewhere around 45 percent i think. kobe, lebron, and wade only avg around 35. i think hes overshadowed by those three.

I forgot to mention that. Ever since he came into the league, Carmelo has been an absolute assassin in the 4th quarter.

DenButsu
09-26-2009, 09:09 PM
I think with the progress he made last season (starting with his acceptance of being a defensive role player on the Olympic team and culminating with a great postseason) both in terms of improving his defense and other non-scoring aspects of his game, as well as the growth he made on the maturity and leadership fronts, Melo has finally started to earn some real recognition for how good he is. And if he continues on the same trajectory, building on the advances he put together over the last year, then he will find himself enjoying widespread acceptance as a legitimate superstar in the NBA. But it won't just happen, he'll have to earn it, which is as it should be.

scoring 33 in a quarter not make him over rated? He probably gave up 40 in that span.

One quarter of one game does not a player make, but you obviously didn't watch that game. It was total ****ing Melo domination all the way.

sofargone
09-26-2009, 09:17 PM
One quarter of one game does not a player make, but you obviously didn't watch that game. It was total ****ing Melo domination all the way.

you sound like yoda. but really you cant use one quarter of one game to capture a players greatness.

Blah Blah Blah
09-26-2009, 09:22 PM
he's rated fine now...not gonna be in the same class as Kobe, Lebron, Wade because he simply isn't as good. But he has improved from being a one dimensional scorer to a more well rounded player, and his defense which has improved is still a lil subpar.

DenButsu
09-26-2009, 09:22 PM
you sound like yoda. but really you cant use one quarter of one game to capture a players greatness.

Maybe my "Yoda" syntax was confusing, but that is exactly what I meant by "One quarter of one game does not a player make": a single quarter of a single game isn't an argument for the overall greatness of the player.

Separately, "____A____ does not a ____B____ make" is a fairly standard expression.

DenButsu
09-26-2009, 09:25 PM
All of that said, it really was one kick*** quarter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWEiLaBOzls&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN9rs6gchwc&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUtwO2Nxyo8&feature=channel_page