PDA

View Full Version : What team will have the most pressure on them going into the 2009-2010 Season?

JordansBulls
09-25-2009, 04:18 PM
What team will have the most pressure on them going into the 2009-2010 Season?

LA Lakers (Defending Champions, added another Allstar, Favorites going into the season and everyone predicting they will win it all)

Boston Celtics (Window is closing, won it in 2008, added veterans Rasheed and Daniels while Rondo and Big Baby got better)

Cleveland Cavaliers (It's NBA Title or Bust for this team this year and then Lebron makes his decision)

San Antonio (Same as the Celtics, window is closing, added two veterans in Jefferson and Mcdyess)

Orlando Magic (Made the Finals last year with the worst backcourt ever, added a superstar in Vince and allstar PG Nelson)

Dallas Mavericks (championship window virtually has closed, will Marion solve what the Mavs need to win it all?)

Miami Heat (Need to make it out of the 1st round or Wade is gone)

Portland Trailblazers (The team of the future they say added Miller to crew, need to build on last year)

Chicago Bulls (Lost Ben Gordon, but added two rookies. Need to grow on last year and possibly get out of round 1 to lure some big names come next offseason to play with Rose)

Toronto Raptors (Didn't make the playoffs last year, lost in the first round the two previous years before last year, paid Hedo too much money and Bosh decision hangs in the balance)

Washington Wizards (They get Arenas back, they still have Butler and Jamsion and added Mike Miller to the mix)

Denver Nuggets (The Billups and Melo duo worked like everyone was expecting the Melo and AI duo to work, made the Conference Finals, but haven't added anything else this past summer.)

New Orleans Hornets (Need to do well before CP3 gets irritated and eventually demands out)

jacquewho?
09-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Wizards probably. They have the talent in place, now they just need to stay healthy.

Cavs are a close 2nd with the big summer in the offseason with LeBron, ya know.

Vidball
09-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Cavs or Celts for sure. Lakers have a large window, Spurs have already won multiple rings...this could be the Cavs/Celtics best/last chance.

S-Dot
09-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Cavs...LBJ always has pressure, a ring with definitely add to his great resume...but the pressure is on especially with shaq there

MackSnackWrap
09-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Cavs and Toronto

Wrightw/Reyes19
09-25-2009, 04:30 PM
def Boston with Allen being a FA in 2010 n the window for the vets is closing. Also Rondo has to prove he's matured since his wild playoff acts last yr

BkOriginalOne
09-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Cavs,no doubt.
Lebron wants a title now, and I'm sure Shaq doesn't mind a 5th.

My predict. Either The Cavs lose in 7 to Boston or they lose in 7 to LA or SA.

Either way, Lebron leaves for NY.

clutchski
09-25-2009, 04:56 PM
I'd say Cavs, Washington (specifically Arenas) and a homer pick of Toronto, if we don't perform this year and lose Bosh, we'll be in a really tough spot. Same with Cleveland and Lebron I guess.

abe_froman
09-25-2009, 04:59 PM
cle-they bring in shaq to be the dwight stopper,and is the last chance to keep convince the franchise to stay

JordansBulls
09-25-2009, 05:32 PM
def Boston with Allen being a FA in 2010 n the window for the vets is closing. Also Rondo has to prove he's matured since his wild playoff acts last yr

Pierce and Allen wouldn't go anywhere else.

bigsams50
09-25-2009, 06:05 PM
i Voted LA, they are defending champs, and they got better.

Fayzon10
09-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Cavs!!!!! No question It's title or bust

ThuglifeJ
09-25-2009, 06:32 PM
1.Cavs -have title or bust+lost LeBrick
2.Heat -Umm they did literally jack **** for Wade, and if they dont do jack again, then Wade would be smart to leave. So the whole being cheap part by the GM puts a lotta pressure on the Heat.
3.Magic -Just made some big big moves, spent lotttta money, and if they fail, Vince ends his career ringless. But not as much pressure as Cavs because if this fails, Vince's contract expires and they pick up another big name in 2012, of Vince's payroll (Wade?). And Dwight has plenty of time left.

JNA17
09-25-2009, 06:41 PM
cavs and lakers. Cavs because they either have title or bust and a huge possibility lebron leaves. Lakers because they are the defending champs.

VIP1349
09-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Lakers - They spent millions on Artest and they are the favorites, anything less then a title for them is failure.

Celtics/Spurs - There time at the top is dwindling they need to win them now otherwise there window may have closed.

Cavs - LeBron may just leave if they don't win it this year, not saying he will but every year it seems to be "Lebron's Year" and his team has to feel the pressure to win or maybe lose him.

Magic - Last year they made it to the Finals they expect the same this year and if Carter doesn't pan out the front office will get there heads called for as they gave up on a talented Lee and Turkoglu to get him basically.

Those five are my choices, kind of the obvious ones.

Storch
09-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Lakers - They spent millions on Artest and they are the favorites, anything less then a title for them is failure.

Celtics/Spurs - There time at the top is dwindling they need to win them now otherwise there window may have closed.

Cavs - LeBron may just leave if they don't win it this year, not saying he will but every year it seems to be "Lebron's Year" and his team has to feel the pressure to win or maybe lose him.

Magic - Last year they made it to the Finals they expect the same this year and if Carter doesn't pan out the front office will get there heads called for as they gave up on a talented Lee and Turkoglu to get him basically.

Those five are my choices, kind of the obvious ones.

agreed with everything you said, except that the lakers actually go artest for cheap so its not like how u stated that they spent the big bucks for the guy as a sort of a desperation move to get better.

Storch
09-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Id say the celtics have the most pressure because they didnt repeat last year and their window is closing a few years earlier than the other younger teams.

SA5195
09-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Cavs, last year everyone wanted to see Cavs in the finals, but they failed, so probably more pressure.

Draco
09-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Bulls - A successful season might increase Salmons market value which would factor into his decision to opt in or opt out of his current contract. Additionally, a successful season might make the team more attractive to FAs in 2010

Knick's - a successful season could also make this team more attractive to FAs in 2010 and also lessens the chance of Utah having an embarrassingly high draft pick.

Raptor's - obviously to help convince Bosh to stay.

SA5195
09-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Homer: Raps, not the most pressure, the alot of pressure, cause they added 12 new players, with the addition of Hedo, if they don't make it past the 1st round then Bosh leaves.

celticsfan18ty
09-25-2009, 08:41 PM
definely the cavs no question when have the cavs ever won a title never and they wont win next year either cavs and lebron all hype mainly lebron no titles

MrFastBreak
09-25-2009, 08:50 PM
The Cavs. They've came up short the last couple years, if they don't go far next postseason, LeBron's gone.

INeedMyJays
09-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Cavs with LeBron's final year and getting Shaq, all the pressure on them. Lakers are the close second as they are the defending champs and adding Ron Artest.

Vinny642
09-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Cavs , Lakers, Celtics

Bruinsfan452
09-25-2009, 11:29 PM
the magic

NetsPaint
09-25-2009, 11:31 PM
I'll say the Cavaliers.If LeBron leaves, but wins a championship, any guilt, if he would have, might go away if he signed somewhere else.Also, after winning that many games last season and sweeping the first two round of the Playoffs, to have a hard time and lose in six games,...The whole team is gonna want to prove something.

With the Lakers I think the pressure is more on Ron Artest and the fans wanting them to to win again and not wanting to lose thinking his addition has made them even better.The players who won last season DID win a championship so some of that hunger might have gone down a little, but I repeat might have.

Celtics have more to prove than the Lakers because of the injury problem last season preventing them a better chance at two years in a row.

As far as the FAs thing, I'd say the Knicks because even if the Nets wind up a with less wins than the Knicks, FAs aren't gonna look past Devin Harris and Brook Lopez (plus some other nice players).

koreancabbage
09-25-2009, 11:56 PM
it has to be Lakers- with the money invested in their players after a championship year- there is always pressure for them to win it again the next year.

kidfury
09-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Cavs - they're expected to do well, need at the very least a deep playoff run to keep Lebron

Heat - didn't do much in the offseason, hope Beasly can step it up a notch, otherwise not sure what will keep wade in miami besides the nice weather

Raptors - overhauled roster needs to show a fairly significant improvement over last year's results or it could easily be good-bye Bosh

TheKing23
09-26-2009, 12:19 AM
I'd say it's close between the Cavs and Lakers...

I'd probably go with the Lakers though because they are the reigning champions and they'll have a nice big bullseye on their back. The addition of Ron Artest also adds to the pressure they're gonna face... How will he and Kobe mesh after what happened in the playoffs?

sofargone
09-26-2009, 12:36 AM
another great thread man. i picked the sacramento kings

Evolution23
09-26-2009, 03:39 AM
Cavs or else hes going to NYC

JordansBulls
09-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Cavs or else hes going to NYC

or Chicago.

Lakers4ItAll
09-27-2009, 02:05 AM
I say it's the Cavs, win or lose tho I think Lebron is out

JayW_1023
09-27-2009, 05:38 AM
Miami will not make the post season unless Beasly is what many Heat players say he is. Except he is not.

Cleveland will have more depth...but also a big whose game might not mesh well with LeBrons.

The Lakers are considered upgraded with the Artest addition and the further improvement of Bynum...anything less than a championship is a failure.

The Bulls are out to prove they can win without Gordon...personally I rather have Salmons or Hinrich at the two than Gordon...at least they can guard someone. They will be better off without Gordon...

Draco
09-27-2009, 05:48 AM
The Bulls are out to prove they can win without Gordon...personally I rather have Salmons or Hinrich at the two than Gordon...at least they can guard someone. They will be better off without Gordon...

That's a fan's perspective but the organization believed they needed to let Gordon walk to have cap flexibility. The decision not to commit to Gordon was made last year and they opted to find other options that were available. Apparently, the writing was on the wall when they acquired Salmons... and of course the Bulls didn't extend Gordon an offer this summer. I guess proving the Bulls can win without Gordon is beside the point. That said, I don't think Hinrich is in the Bulls long term plans at SG and it doesn't make financial sense to have him at backup PG. It'll be interesting to see when they decide to part ways.

TheKing23
09-27-2009, 08:20 AM
or Chicago.

Errr, no.

He's gonna stay in his hometown, fo' sho.

Ray_R
09-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Toronto and Heat there star players may leave if they dont perform. I believe has more of a chance of losing bosh.

Wilson
09-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Cleveland. The fans are expecting great things with Shaq there, so there's already a lot of pressure. I don't think it's going to work, so the pressure is going to increase as the season goes along...

JordansBulls
09-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Errr, no.

He's gonna stay in his hometown, fo' sho.

Hopefully not we will even allow him to change his number to #6.

heattiltheend94
09-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Boston,
they're getting old

Kakaroach
09-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Cavs
Raptors
Heat

Why? Cuz their superstars could be leaving after this off-season if they don't do well.

JordansBulls
09-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Boston,
they're getting old

Why would they have pressure if they won the title in 2008?

JayW_1023
09-28-2009, 06:44 AM
That's a fan's perspective but the organization believed they needed to let Gordon walk to have cap flexibility. The decision not to commit to Gordon was made last year and they opted to find other options that were available. Apparently, the writing was on the wall when they acquired Salmons... and of course the Bulls didn't extend Gordon an offer this summer. I guess proving the Bulls can win without Gordon is beside the point. That said, I don't think Hinrich is in the Bulls long term plans at SG and it doesn't make financial sense to have him at backup PG. It'll be interesting to see when they decide to part ways.

Sure Gordon is an electrifying talent, but the offense will be alot smoother without him aborting plays to look for his own shot.

Ace33Bone
09-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Lakers (you always have the most pressure when you are the defending champs and people expect more from you the upcoming year than they did in the previous year when you held the crown)

Chronz
09-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Sure Gordon is an electrifying talent, but the offense will be alot smoother without him aborting plays to look for his own shot.

He was the teams most efficient scorer, its deadliest shooter and a bonafide floor stretcher. If they get better it will be on the defensive end, but I dont see how the offense is going to be smoother.

JordansBulls
09-28-2009, 12:36 PM
He was the teams most efficient scorer, its deadliest shooter and a bonafide floor stretcher. If they get better it will be on the defensive end, but I dont see how the offense is going to be smoother.

The games Gordon went off in we lost. The games Rose went off in we won.

ko8e24
09-28-2009, 01:41 PM
c'mon JB, u know its the Chicago Bulls :rolleyes:

mikantsass
09-28-2009, 01:44 PM
1. Lakers- Everyone (except Celtics fans) and their mother expects a repeat

2. Cavs- Will LeBron stay or will he go?

3. Magic- Big spenders and set the bar high last season

4. Mavs- The pressure on them is from their own owner

5. Celtics- Win Now attitude

Chronz
09-28-2009, 01:52 PM
The games Gordon went off in we lost. The games Rose went off in we won.
Thats because BG was more consistent whereas Rose was brutally bad in the losses.

So now instead of winning those games where Rose was great, you end up losing them without BG, and those losses where BG was great, you end up losing by an even greater amount. Thats basically all your telling me by saying that.

SchyGuy11
09-28-2009, 02:19 PM
call it a homer, but i picked the bulls cuz this season could determine if we get wade

RaiderLakersA's
09-28-2009, 02:20 PM
I voted the Cavs, because everyone seems to think that adding Shaq to LeBron has the same effect of adding water to flavored-powder mix.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid, though.

RaiderLakersA's
09-28-2009, 02:21 PM
call it a homer, but i picked the bulls cuz this season could determine if we get wade

I think you guys get Wade if your front office makes even the slightest ovation to him. I think that's where he wants to be.

AthleticMajesty
09-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Definitely the Cavaliers, IMO.

ko8e24
09-28-2009, 02:54 PM

homer

JordansBulls
09-28-2009, 04:00 PM
I think you guys get Wade if your front office makes even the slightest ovation to him. I think that's where he wants to be.

I sure hope he does.

JordansBulls
10-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Thats because BG was more consistent whereas Rose was brutally bad in the losses.

So now instead of winning those games where Rose was great, you end up losing them without BG, and those losses where BG was great, you end up losing by an even greater amount. Thats basically all your telling me by saying that.

Not really!! I'm saying we won when Rose played well and we lost when Gordon played well.

D Roses Bulls
10-30-2009, 07:28 PM
What team will have the most pressure on them going into the 2009-2010 Season?

LA Lakers (Defending Champions, added another Allstar, Favorites going into the season and everyone predicting they will win it all)

Boston Celtics (Window is closing, won it in 2008, added veterans Rasheed and Daniels while Rondo and Big Baby got better)

Cleveland Cavaliers (It's NBA Title or Bust for this team this year and then Lebron makes his decision)

San Antonio (Same as the Celtics, window is closing, added two veterans in Jefferson and Mcdyess)

Orlando Magic (Made the Finals last year with the worst backcourt ever, added a superstar in Vince and allstar PG Nelson)

Dallas Mavericks (championship window virtually has closed, will Marion solve what the Mavs need to win it all?)

Miami Heat (Need to make it out of the 1st round or Wade is gone)

Portland Trailblazers (The team of the future they say added Miller to crew, need to build on last year)

Chicago Bulls (Lost Ben Gordon, but added two rookies. Need to grow on last year and possibly get out of round 1 to lure some big names come next offseason to play with Rose)

Toronto Raptors (Didn't make the playoffs last year, lost in the first round the two previous years before last year, paid Hedo too much money and Bosh decision hangs in the balance)

Washington Wizards (They get Arenas back, they still have Butler and Jamsion and added Mike Miller to the mix)

Denver Nuggets (The Billups and Melo duo worked like everyone was expecting the Melo and AI duo to work, made the Conference Finals, but haven't added anything else this past summer.)

New Orleans Hornets (Need to do well before CP3 gets irritated and eventually demands out)

it has to be the cavs for the simple fact lebrons a free agent. they brought in shaq. they spent a lot of money to make this team as it is. if they dont win, i think lebron could be gone.

JordansBulls
10-31-2009, 01:33 AM
it has to be the cavs for the simple fact lebrons a free agent. they brought in shaq. they spent a lot of money to make this team as it is. if they dont win, i think lebron could be gone.

Well said, but each team with it's star can have a lot of pressure like Toronto, Miami, and Phoenix.

Speedrunner86
10-31-2009, 02:41 AM
It's most definitely the Cavaliers. They Have to redeem themselves after last season. LeBron is in his last year, they got Shaq. If they don't atleast get back to the Finals and take the Lakers/Spurs to the brink, bye bye LeBron, bye bye a championship in Cleveland for a long time.

JordansBulls
10-31-2009, 09:09 AM
It's most definitely the Cavaliers. They Have to redeem themselves after last season. LeBron is in his last year, they got Shaq. If they don't atleast get back to the Finals and take the Lakers/Spurs to the brink, bye bye LeBron, bye bye a championship in Cleveland for a long time.

Yeah I think that is the best explanation for it because the Cavs lost last year with the best record so they have to make up for it this season.

HouRealCoach
10-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Cavs and you know why....

Raph12
10-31-2009, 10:17 AM
1. Cavaliers - need to do w/e it takes to keep Lebron happy
2. Magic - have alot to prove this season... alot of critics to silence
3. Celtics - this team's window of oppurtunity is closing fast... Garnett's back-to-back titles guarantee isn't helping
4. Lakers - making changes to a winning team is not always a good thing... they need to prove they are still on top
5. Spurs - *see Celtics*

daleja424
10-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Cleveland, Miami, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Toronto need to keep their stars happy if they want to keep them. If any of those teams miss the playoffs I would expect the guy to leave

knickerbockerny
10-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Title or not, every team with a major free agent is under the most pressure. The Cavs, Heat, Suns etc.

FlakeyFool
10-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Toronto has alot of pressure on them. Not just because of the whole Bosh thing, but just because they are in toronto which eludes to a vast amount of pressure from fans.

mrblisterdundee
10-31-2009, 01:53 PM
The defending champions always have the most pressure to win it all again. I don't think anybody who knows basketball expected Shaquille O'Neal to pu the pressure on the Cavaliers. He was and is not the answer to their problems.

JordansBulls
10-31-2009, 04:17 PM
The defending champions always have the most pressure to win it all again. I don't think anybody who knows basketball expected Shaquille O'Neal to pu the pressure on the Cavaliers. He was and is not the answer to their problems.

Why would the champions have the most pressure?

Gambeezy
10-31-2009, 04:54 PM
1.Cavs -have title or bust+lost LeBrick
2.Heat -Umm they did literally jack **** for Wade, and if they dont do jack again, then Wade would be smart to leave. So the whole being cheap part by the GM puts a lotta pressure on the Heat.
3.Magic -Just made some big big moves, spent lotttta money, and if they fail, Vince ends his career ringless. But not as much pressure as Cavs because if this fails, Vince's contract expires and they pick up another big name in 2012, of Vince's payroll (Wade?). And Dwight has plenty of time left.

Do you read what you type? Riley and the Heat decided that there was no move that we could make this off-season that would make us substantially better and be worth going into the lux tax, We'll make the play-offs and make moves immediately following the 2010 FA opening.

Wade to Orlando in 2012? That's some heavy day-dreaming.

JordansBulls
11-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Cleveland, Miami, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Toronto need to keep their stars happy if they want to keep them. If any of those teams miss the playoffs I would expect the guy to leave

I think Miami has to make the 2nd round as does Toronto IMO.