PDA

View Full Version : Current players who could become coaches in the future

JayW_1023
09-24-2009, 04:06 AM
My picks:

Derek Fisher: Obvious pick. He is a hard worker and role player who knows the game and has performed under pressure. He is also a great lockerroom guy and a motivator. He has coach written all over him.

Grant Hill: I think his calm professional demeanor makes him a great candidate. His career started off with him being an elite player...but after his injury woes he became a role player. He has a broad perspective of what makes a team successful.

Lindsey Hunter: He is one of the most underrated on the ball defenders of the past ten years. He has the potential to be a great defensive minded coach. He plays defense like Maurice Cheeks (but of course didn't have Cheeks offensive talent).

Kirk Hinrich: He is a guy who pretty much overachieves because he always brings the maximum effort to the floor. I think he can carry that mindset over as a coach.

Leftcoast_yg
09-24-2009, 04:27 AM
Kobe bryant seriously not a homer pick he studies other teams a lot. others i would consider chauncey billups, tim duncan, jason kidd point guards usually make good coaches they usually have to be a coach on the floor, setting plays and such

ZebraCity916
09-24-2009, 04:36 AM
Kobe bryant seriously not a homer pick he studies other teams a lot. others i would consider chauncey billups, tim duncan, jason kidd point guards usually make good coaches they usually have to be a coach on the floor, setting plays and such

Maybe Billups but I don't know about the rest of those guys.

He doesn't play anymore but Eric Snow.

todu82
09-24-2009, 04:48 AM
Tim Duncan seems like a likely coach for the future.

abe_froman
09-24-2009, 05:15 AM
gotta agree with hunter.he was brought in to be kind of a player/coach in chi and has done pretty well in that role so far,and there was even some talk in the offseason of the possibility of adding him to staff when he retires

Kyben36
09-24-2009, 07:10 AM
Kirk HInrich, and any other white player have a realy good chance, just because they base their games more off skill and Technique than Athletism ( not saying that all blacks just play with Athletism, but alot of them get away with alot because of it )

So pretty much, every white player in the league, and maybe a few Blacks, Kobe, Chauncy, Peirce, CP3, and D Will all seem like good candidates to me.

Ray_R
09-24-2009, 07:48 AM
alot of people say that the best coaches are the players that were in the bench probally becuase they see whats going on with the staff and know how everything works behind thescenes

Ps. can u imagine Iverson as a coach that will be the best team to play for no practice!!!:)

Pete H
09-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Steve Nash, JKidd, Qrich

TheKing23
09-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Yeah I was gonna say Eric Snow even though he retired a year ago...

I reckon, when his career is over Chris Paul will go into coaching, great knowledge of the game, enthusiasm and hard worker.

Ace33Bone
09-24-2009, 09:15 AM
I actually think Kobe would make a good coach and that is not a homer pick at all because I cannot stand the guy but the way he studies the game is amazing... but some of the ones that I think of off the back are Billups, Rasheed Wallace, Andre Miller, James Posey and Jamison

mitch91
09-24-2009, 09:27 AM
i think kobe could be a good coach, but could also be wuite bad as he would expect so much from his team that it could be annoying jk, but he studies alot, but i think he would take time away first. also billups i think would make a gr8 coach

rhymeratic
09-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Stephon Marbury. He could be just like Isiah Thomas ;)

SchyGuy11
09-24-2009, 09:44 AM
My picks:

Derek Fisher: Obvious pick. He is a hard worker and role player who knows the game and has performed under pressure. He is also a great lockerroom guy and a motivator. He has coach written all over him.

Grant Hill: I think his calm professional demeanor makes him a great candidate. His career started off with him being an elite player...but after his injury woes he became a role player. He has a broad perspective of what makes a team successful.

Lindsey Hunter: He is one of the most underrated on the ball defenders of the past ten years. He has the potential to be a great defensive minded coach. He plays defense like Maurice Cheeks (but of course didn't have Cheeks offensive talent).

Kirk Hinrich: He is a guy who pretty much overachieves because he always brings the maximum effort to the floor. I think he can carry that mindset over as a coach.

When i read the title that was the first name that came to my mind. :clap:

Brooklyn Mets
09-24-2009, 09:52 AM
i think bruce bowen will be a coach soon..

maybe derek fisher, grant hill, j.kidd, kobe, lebron.

and i cant see shaq ever leaving the game of basketball so prob him too..

asandhu23
09-24-2009, 10:32 AM
LeBong Shames. Shaq of course. Jason Kidd ( will be an excellent coach). Yao Ming. Chinese NBA market is growing... we need a translator coach, Dirk, Tony Parrrkkkkerrr ( french accent ), Darko Milicic ( see his funny video posted few days ago to see what i mean ), Allen Iverson... , Steve Nash, Dwight Howard some day..., Kobe. Sun Yue ( he has to have learnt something from all the bench time ), Kirilenko, Chris Paul...., Peja,

hmmm i think thats pretty much it. "mature" basketball players are a dying breed.

bbcmillionaire
09-24-2009, 10:49 AM
gotdamn kobe fans lol he's mentioned in every thread. It could be a thread about hockey and a kobe fan will bring up ole number 24 lol. But can you imagine shaq as a coach, he'd challenge the younger centers and say im still better then you lol

SpeeMN
09-24-2009, 10:54 AM
I always thought that Kevin Garnett would make a great coach. He loves the game. He has played every position on the floor and defended nearly every position. He is a defensive monster, which mean he cares about the game of basketball and his team more than his own EGO. AND he is extremely outgoing with a lot of intensity. KG

Otherwise its those career veterans who move from team to team until 14 years into they're career they have learned ten different styles of play and learned from ten different coaches. Linsdey Hunter will be next.

arkanian215
09-24-2009, 11:12 AM
lorenzen wright as a big man coach. jarvis hayes. mike dunleavy career assistant. big z big man coach. matt harpring - head coach (already has leadership and the brains), depends on whether he wants to mess around with stocks with all of his time. lindsey hunter. mike james maybe if he isnt gonna follow that PR/sports commentator track. anthony parker. wally, he might not be physically capable of defending a guy but im sure he knows a ton growing up with a basketball legend. possibly andre miller. cassell? brevin knight.

bbcmillionaire
09-24-2009, 11:17 AM
I always thought that Kevin Garnett would make a great coach.

lol KG is crazy as hell. His team would consists of all crazy mf'ers like him lmao

JayW_1023
09-25-2009, 04:07 AM
Shane battier would be a great coach too.

ko8e24
09-25-2009, 04:20 AM
mike james :smoking:

The_Mac22
09-25-2009, 04:49 AM
Allen Iverson.

S-Dot
09-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Chris Paul

NYtilIdie
09-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Kidd,CP3,Ray Allen,Duncan, possibly Pierce and maybe Lebron.

Although I think only one of them will have a successful coaching career.

montazingmvp
09-25-2009, 03:47 PM
shane battier is the first that comes to mind...

personally think kobe would make a terrible coach...

similarly to jordan players like kobe cannot relate to the average nba player

JNA17
09-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Derek Fisher

sep11ie
09-25-2009, 03:55 PM
No stars will ever be coaches again. These dude made over 100 million in their lives, traveled entire careers, they will be ready to move on.

nyanks79
09-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I think Sam Cassel will definatly become a head coach at some point. Maybe take over the Clippers in a couple years if they are still bad.

JimFinn6969
09-25-2009, 04:12 PM
plaxico burress

he would enforce a no shooting urself policy

heyman321
09-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Steve Nash would be a great coach. Get some semi defensive assistant coaches -- CHAMPIONSHIP. :D

BkOriginalOne
09-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Billups.
Jason Kidd.
Linsey Hunter.
I like Hinrich too.
Anthony Carter maybe.

ink
09-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Anthony Parker might be a good name to add to the list. Guy's smart. Good leader.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Jason Kidd and Steve Nash know the game a lot. They will have coaching jobs.

Hellcrooner
09-25-2009, 06:56 PM
probably some nobodys that are just 12 men in the rotation.

i dont know why but with some little excpetions like Lenny wilkens, good players dont make good coaches and some of the best coaches where terrible benchwarmers like Dunleavy sr, pat Riley, george karl etc or just solid role players like phil Jackson.

Hellcrooner
09-25-2009, 06:57 PM
I remeber an interview tough here in spain where Calderon said he would like to coach when he retired here in spain.

I dont know if he may decide to coach in usa.

Litchris12
09-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Rasheed wallace

ink
09-25-2009, 07:15 PM
probably some nobodys that are just 12 men in the rotation.

i dont know why but with some little excpetions like Lenny wilkens, good players dont make good coaches and some of the best coaches where terrible benchwarmers like Dunleavy sr, pat Riley, george karl etc or just solid role players like phil Jackson.

I remeber an interview tough here in spain where Calderon said he would like to coach when he retired here in spain.

I dont know if he may decide to coach in usa.

I agree with both of these posts. The stars usually can't understand why everyone can't automatically do everything they can, why they can't read plays, why they can't make plays. It's the bench guys who sit and study the game and hear the coach every single play who absorb what they need in order to coach in the league. I bet Calderon would be a great coach.

ManRam
09-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Great players usually suck at coaching. It's the guys that have to scrap, work harder, focus more, etc. that turn into good coaches.

Vinny642
09-25-2009, 09:05 PM
I think (No Homer)(LOL :p) CP3 man, so much dedication

Raps18-19 Champ
09-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Stars don't become coaches because most prefer being a GM.

MJ, Isiah, Dumars, Bird, and a couple of others.

lakersfan211
09-26-2009, 01:21 AM
Ray Allen even though i think of him of a prick , for some reason i think he looks like a future head coach , chauncey Billups would be a good pick , Derrick Fisher and some others .

sofargone
09-26-2009, 01:28 AM
chauncey biilups or steve nash. any one with a high bball IQ