PDA

View Full Version : G.O.A.T. Mark Blount On Trading Block!!!

ko8e24
09-23-2009, 10:19 PM
The greatest player in NBA history, yes, even greater than Mike James, is on the trading block! Are the T'wolves crazy??? :speechless::speechless::speechless:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4497980

The second-highest paid player on the Minnesota Timberwolves will not be welcome at training camp. Instead, center Mark Blount will stay home after the Wolves gave his agent permission to seek a trade.

Blount, acquired from Miami in mid-August for Quentin Richardson, is due to make $7.962,500 this season in the last year of his six-year, $42 million contract. But with Minnesota in full rebuilding mode, general manager David Kahn told ESPN.com Wednesday that the club has given Blount's agent, Mark Bartlestein, permission to seek out a trade.

NBA Rumor Central
ESPN Insider has the updated buzz from the National Basketball Association rumor mill.
Story

Blount spent the past two seasons with the Miami Heat after playing the previous year and a half for Minnesota. Kahn was candid right from the start about moving ahead without Blount, announcing the day after he acquired him that he hoped to re-trade the 33-year-old for a player or players with similar expiring contracts.

Minnesota has veterans Blount ($7.9 million), Brian Cardinal ($6.75 million) and Antonio Daniels ($6.6 million) coming off the cap in the summer of 2010, when Minnesota will be far under the salary cap with Al Jefferson ($13 million), Ryan Gomes ($4.2 million) and Ramon Sessions ($4 million) the only high-salaries veterans on the payroll.

Blount, a seven-footer often criticized for his inability to rebound on a consistent, productive basis, had his best season statistics-wise in 2006-07 when he averaged 12.3 points and 6.2 rebounds while starting 81 of 82 games for Minnesota.

Blount appeared in 20 games for the Heat last season, and Kahn took some criticism when he sapped the Wolves' backcourt depth by trading Richardson for him six weeks ago. But since then, Kahn has signed guards Sasha Pavlovic and Ramon Sessions to add depth in the backcourt behind Damien Wilkins and rookie Wayne Ellington. The minutes at backup center that Blount would have competed for will instead go to Ryan Hollins, the free agent signee from Dallas.

If Bartlestein cannot find a taker for Blount in a trade over the course of the preseason, the likely next step would be for the sides to negotiate a buyout.

asandhu23
09-23-2009, 10:28 PM
hmmm. trade to warriors now!!! We offer Stephen Jackson, Brandan Wright for him and some other players

Jumba
09-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Utah wake up this is the steal of the year! Get blount in utah now!

what54!?
09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
no one wants his useless *** :facepalm:

that trade still pisses me off

blastmasta26
09-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Knicks will trade their exclusive 2010 rights to LeBron for him. I don't know if that's enough though.

JNA17
09-23-2009, 10:44 PM
lakers have got to trade kobe for this guy!!!

smith&wesson
09-23-2009, 10:56 PM
u guys are all wrong, arujo was better then blount. arujo hall of flamer.

TheKing23
09-23-2009, 11:00 PM
LeBron and a 2016 2nd-rounder

Danny Ferry get it done!

:dance:

KH12
09-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Sorry guys, Minnesota is looking for PG depth. We can offer Derrick Rose and Kirk Hinrich for Blount and Cardinal.

JNA17
09-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Sorry guys, Minnesota is looking for PG depth. We can offer Derrick Rose and Kirk Hinrich for Blount and Cardinal.

oh yea i forgot the wolves are looking for a starting lineup full of point guards :laugh:

Mavrix
09-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Dallas needs a back up center :)

AirJordanXVIII
09-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Willie Green for Blount :D

I do not wanna see Brezec and his horrendous rebounding getting 15-20 minutes per game

still1ballin
09-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Blount for Bryant would be a steal for the Lakers

Shady66
09-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Amare, Jason Richardson, and Steve nash.

GET IT DONE KERR.

Hellcrooner
09-23-2009, 11:30 PM
mmm he is a giant expiring like kwame was.

Maybe they can convince Wallace to give them Gay and Marc Gasol or Mayo and Marc Gasol for Blount and love :p

Hellcrooner
09-23-2009, 11:30 PM
and now seriously if they take wlaton or sasha i would DO it we need a back up center expecially an expiring one.

Toxeryll
09-23-2009, 11:38 PM
how could you guys disrespect Blount! I mean seriously, Kobe and Lebron, are u kiddin me.. not even close

trade ideas like these are insults to him. :D

IRUAM #21
09-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Omfg the Timberwolves are so stupid, they should be trading Jefferson to make room for Blount, also I'm not sure why the Heat even traded him, the only offer that's worth it is Blount for Mike James, anyway's i really hope the Heat offer a Package of Wade + Beasley and Chalmers for Blount.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2009, 12:14 AM
We will give you Blount in a sign and trade for Wade and a future 1st rounder. And you are getting a steal on that brother

Hawkeye15
09-24-2009, 12:15 AM
I absolutely love the Blount/James thing that goes on in PSD. There are so many of you that don't break character when talking about how awesome these two are. And the funny thing to me is, McHale had them both on the same team at the same time, haha.
Thank god lurch is gone

GunFactor187
09-24-2009, 01:07 AM
No the GOAT is Fred Hoiberg!!!!!!!

eric1501
09-24-2009, 01:28 AM
oh yea i forgot the wolves are looking for a starting lineup full of point guards :laugh:

Oh because we have 2 point guards? Jonny Flynn and Ramon Sessions? I am pretty sure everyone in the league has 2 point guards.

Ethix11
09-24-2009, 01:34 AM
:facepalm: We should of never traded this guy away! He is a monster on the sidelines

charlsdq7
09-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Willie Green for him hehe

ko8e24
09-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Trade Pau for Blount....do it Mitch!

I like you
09-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Timberwolves give: Blount 2nd round draft pick Mark "Maddog" Madsen
Timberwolves get: Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Mike James, 1000 future first rounders

Lakers give: Kobe, 100 frdps
Lakers Get: 2nd round draft pick

Cleveland Gives: Lebron James
Cleveland Gets: Mark Madsen

Wizards give: Mike James
Wizards get: Marc Blount

T-wolves lose overall talent, but are now a complete team

Mike James/ Flynn / Sessions
Kobe/ Ellington
Lebron/ Gomes
Love/ Gomes
Al Jefferson/ Love

:drool:

ko8e24
09-24-2009, 03:12 AM
Timberwolves give: Blount 2nd round draft pick Mark "Maddog" Madsen
Timberwolves get: Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Mike James, 1000 future first rounders

Lakers give: Kobe, 100 frdps
Lakers Get: 2nd round draft pick

Cleveland Gives: Lebron James
Cleveland Gets: Mark Madsen

Wizards give: Mike James
Wizards get: Marc Blount

T-wolves lose overall talent, but are now a complete team

Mike James/ Flynn / Sessions
Kobe/ Ellington
Lebron/ Gomes
Love/ Gomes
Al Jefferson/ Love

:drool:

this trade can't work. Madsen was traded to the Clips and then waived by the Clips last month. Dang nabbit! There's always this one annoying thing that keeps an important trade from happening. the wizards could've gotten freakin mark blount while the wolves couldve gotten mike james back!

PBG
09-24-2009, 03:33 AM
wait , whys everyone acting like a child about this? i read there was a bunch of "twelve to fourteen year olds" here the other day but i didnt realize it was EVERYBODY.....

ko8e24
09-24-2009, 03:37 AM
wait , whys everyone acting like a child about this? i read there was a bunch of "twelve to fourteen year olds" here the other day but i didnt realize it was EVERYBODY.....

:rolleyes: is this guy for real? :rolleyes:

PBG
09-24-2009, 04:08 AM
:rolleyes: is this guy for real? :rolleyes:

cmon now. read what everyones saying, and tell me they dont look like a bunch of dorky *** kids getting a kick out of posting some lame **** on a forum.

look, i understand the smart assness and what not, but theres a point when it just becomes a bit dumb.

you started a snowball effect with your witty humor. be proud!

why not just answer the question of why everyones acting like a kid about it? instead of trying to round up your comrades with a stupid question of "is this guy for real".

" :rolleyes: "

Sly Guy
09-24-2009, 08:51 AM

this just took it to another level. Hahaha

Ace33Bone
09-24-2009, 09:18 AM
I say some gets Peter John Ramos in a sign and trade deal and trade him straight up for Marc blount that may be the biggest trade of the century

killer_cory
09-24-2009, 09:26 AM
OH MY GOD!!! MARK BLOUNT!!!!! we should offer rose,hinrich,deng,salmons,thomas,noah and all of our first round draft picks until 2015.....WE HAVE TO GET MARK BLOUNT!!!!!!

IRUAM #21
09-24-2009, 09:40 AM

cmon now. read what everyones saying, and tell me they dont look like a bunch of dorky *** kids getting a kick out of posting some lame **** on a forum.

look, i understand the smart assness and what not, but theres a point when it just becomes a bit dumb.

why not just answer the question of why everyones acting like a kid about it? instead of trying to round up your comrades with a stupid question of "is this guy for real".

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

dunger78
09-24-2009, 09:46 AM
You guys are looking at this all wrong. The wolves don't need a player like lebron or Kobe in return for Blount. We'd be giving too much away anyways. We need real star power on this team, which is why I say we try and swing a trade for a guy like John Stamos or Erik Estrada. We put one of those guys in there, the other teams will be so star struck they wouldn't even know how to defend them. Kobe would be like "hey, that's the guy from full house", and as he ran to get a piece of paper for an autograph, Stamos would already have made an easy layup. Same things goes for the "chips" guy, erik estrada.

We have to think big here and maximize value for guys like Blount and Cardinal.

boeknows
09-24-2009, 04:14 PM
I think i just became dumber by reading this thread and seeing all the smartasses in it.

dodie53
09-24-2009, 07:50 PM

GET IT DONE KERR.

you have to add a pick
:D

MiamiHeat
09-24-2009, 07:55 PM

Yo PBG, I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish,
but Kanye West is the biggest douche bag of all time!...of all time!

sofargone
09-24-2009, 07:57 PM
this is huge news

sofargone
09-24-2009, 08:00 PM

yyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
lighten up bro you obviously have nothing better to do since you read the thread...so thanks for the lecture but i actually think Blount can help alot of teams

NYtilIdie
09-24-2009, 08:14 PM
With this move the Wolves are clearly showing they are not interested in a Championship this year.

MackSnackWrap
09-24-2009, 08:30 PM
i think lakers should give Kobe Odom and Gasol for him, even though thats still not enuff but styll lakers win the deal

Super.
09-24-2009, 08:34 PM

I wish i could be as cool as you

Litchris12
09-24-2009, 08:35 PM
kahn take jared jefferies free kin contract

Strumpy
09-24-2009, 08:50 PM
He was amazing as a Celtics, we'll offer The Big 3 and a 2011 1st round pick.

BALLER71
09-24-2009, 09:14 PM
None of these posts were funny. The whole Mike James and Blount thing is old.

sacgiants1213
09-24-2009, 09:20 PM
i want his expiring contract. Offering nocioni for him wouldn't be too bad.

bleedprple&gold
09-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Why in the hell did the T-wolves trade for him anyway? Totally pointless...

chicagocubsfan
09-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Wow Kahn should be fired for this

deuces
09-24-2009, 09:39 PM
lol if mark blount or mike james were to ever log onto psd

Toenail Clipper
09-24-2009, 11:20 PM
I would trade the whole Clipper roster just for him<3

I like you
09-24-2009, 11:47 PM
I would honestly do Stephen Jackson + 2nd
for Blount + 1st

boeknows
09-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Why in the hell did the T-wolves trade for him anyway? Totally pointless...

To save money this year. If you knew the situation then u would know it wasnt totally pointless and that it was a good move.

JNA17
09-25-2009, 01:38 AM
lol if mark blount or mike james were to ever log onto psd

they would become gods :worthy:

sofargone
09-25-2009, 01:24 PM
i am mark blount. sup

IRUAM #21
09-25-2009, 02:16 PM
i am mark blount. sup

:worthy:

S-Dot
09-25-2009, 05:18 PM

GET IT DONE KERR.

kerr just might...