PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed: Celtics Are Ready To Play

JordansBulls
09-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Source: BostonGlobe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2009/09/23/celtics_wallace_is_making_his_way_in_the_community/)

"With the caliber of guys on the team," Wallace told the Boston Globe, "with Paul [Pierce], Kevin [Garnett], Ray [Allen], Big Baby [Glen Davis], a whole lot of guys, it's going to be fun. We're looking forward to it. We're pretty much tired of beating up on each other and we're looking forward to that first [exhibition] game against Houston [Oct. 7].

"The younger guys are ready, they're in the gym working hard every day, and it's going to work out for us, in my opinion."

ko8e24
09-24-2009, 03:40 AM
Prepare for the revenge! And Boston....its gonna hurt bad......reeeeeeaal baaaadddddd!!!!!!!!!!

bigsams50
09-24-2009, 03:41 AM
Im hoping for a Boston LA finals, that would be sweet

LAKERRS24
09-24-2009, 04:08 AM
Kobe has got enough supporting cast to beat Celtics in 6 with HCA

ZebraCity916
09-24-2009, 04:30 AM
Kobe has got enough supporting cast to beat Celtics in 6 with HCA

I'd take the Celtics bench over the Laker bench.

bigsams50
09-24-2009, 06:17 AM
Rondo-Fisher
Allen-Kobe
Pierce-Artest
KG-Gasol
Perkins-Bynum

Sheed-Odom
Daniels-Brown
Davis-Powell
House-Farmar

Both of these teams are stacked, it they meet it will be good

MTar786
09-24-2009, 06:34 AM
these are def the best two teams in the league.. n they are evenly stacked too.. the difference will be HCA. so they both need to go for it. it'll be easier for boston to win games tho since theyre in the east.

only two big issues.

will kg be the same?
and can bynum get better?

rathauneak
09-24-2009, 08:32 AM
I agree that these are def the best two teams in the league. If both teams stay healthy, no reason why this shouldn't be a finals match-up.

JordansBulls
09-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Just gotta worry about upsets now.

nyybronxborn
09-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Rondo-Fisher rondo way better
Allen-Kobe kobe better
Pierce-Artest pierce better
KG-Gasol kg better
Perkins-Bynum even

Sheed-Odom ill take sheed
Daniels-Brown even
Davis-Powell davis is better
House-Farmar house i like more

Both of these teams are stacked, it they meet it will be good

celtics have a better team then the lakers celtics are going to beat them in 5 games if the lakers make it that is

Ace33Bone
09-24-2009, 09:10 AM
i actually think that the Celtics have a better team than the Lakers if both parties are healthy come Championship time... the "X" factor will be Kobe of course but I still say if these two teams meet that the Celtics will win in 6

3RDASYSTEM
09-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Im calling it right now, it wont be no LA-BOS FINALS...yeah i know the league/tv is drooling for it but hey im calling it right now that its going to be a NBA version of ARIZONA CARDINALS/COLORADO ROCKIES to make FINALS...im not saying who, but one team will sneak up and get in

Ace33Bone
09-24-2009, 09:21 AM
I hope that team ^ represents the western conference because i do not want to see Kobe win another ring

69centers
09-24-2009, 09:36 AM
I think the key for Boston was Big Baby getting all those starting minutes and confidence in the playoffs last year. With Davis, Sheed, and Marquis Daniels, pretty much 3 NBA starting caliber players coming off the bench, it gives them the advantage over LA. While LA may be better than 07/08, the Celtics are now also better.

I think Boston can beat LA without home court, but I don't think that works in reverse. LA has to have home court to stand a chance.

prodigy
09-24-2009, 09:43 AM
We should take bets on how long before Artest punches Kobe in the face. I got 3 weeks into the season.

As for the topic, I think every team is ready no?

JordansBulls
09-24-2009, 10:32 AM
I think the key for Boston was Big Baby getting all those starting minutes and confidence in the playoffs last year. With Davis, Sheed, and Marquis Daniels, pretty much 3 NBA starting caliber players coming off the bench, it gives them the advantage over LA. While LA may be better than 07/08, the Celtics are now also better.

I think Boston can beat LA without home court, but I don't think that works in reverse. LA has to have home court to stand a chance.

Well Celtics lost last year with HCA and the Lakers nearly lost last year with HCA.

HCA is always vital.

Lakerfan In NY
09-24-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't think LA needs HCA to win the championship. LA was the best road team in the league last yr. Boston while improved, subsituted too much defense for offense. Losing Posey & Powe will play huge if the celtics make it to the finals against the Lakers.

G-Funk
09-24-2009, 12:26 PM
I'd take the Celtics bench over the Laker bench.

Lakers First Unit Bynum-Gasol-Artest-Kobe-Fisher Lakers second unit would most likely be Gasol/Bynum-Odom-Luke-Sasha-Brown

showtym24
09-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Alot of laker hate. Stop tryin to pump up the celtics their old. Lakers over cavs in 6.

asandhu23
09-24-2009, 12:54 PM
We should take bets on how long before Artest punches Kobe in the face. I got 3 weeks into the season.

As for the topic, I think every team is ready no?

not Warriors...:cry:

magichatnumber9
09-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Yes it is time.

JordansBulls
09-24-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't think LA needs HCA to win the championship. LA was the best road team in the league last yr. Boston while improved, subsituted too much defense for offense. Losing Posey & Powe will play huge if the celtics make it to the finals against the Lakers.

They've gotten a better version of Rondo, Big Baby is much better, they have added Daniels and now Rasheed.

CraigtheSoxFan
09-24-2009, 02:26 PM
i feel this teams going to do some major damage SO watch out Orlando! :D

CraigtheSoxFan
09-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Alot of laker hate. Stop tryin to pump up the celtics their old. Lakers over cavs in 6.

your guys time is over its boston time now!

DP&Youk1520
09-24-2009, 02:38 PM
i cant wait to see boston vs cleveland that should be a great game

Lakerfan In NY
09-24-2009, 03:52 PM
They've gotten a better version of Rondo, Big Baby is much better, they have added Daniels and now Rasheed.

Rondo is still the same players just more people know about him now. His game hasn't changed just the hype around him has & it's well deserved. but the core of the Celtics championship was circle around defense & rebounding. Rasheed is more of a R. Horry type guy at this point in his career. If i'm not mistaken Rasheed took more 3's than PP last yr, & that number will only go up w/ KG & Perk in the paint. Rasheed isn't the defensive player that he once was. Daniels is a solid player, but not in the league of a Posey in terms of defense. Big baby & defense shouldn't ever be used in the same sentence.

69centers
09-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Well Celtics lost last year with HCA and the Lakers nearly lost last year with HCA.

HCA is always vital.

They lost without KG starting and virtually no bench with Powe out and Big Baby starting. They had no size at all off the bench after Perkins. I wouldn't exactly call that a normal Celtics team HCA loss. Look at how many minutes Ray and Paul had to play because they had no back-ups to relieve them, and all those overtimes with Chicago.

With this year's team, if everyone is healthy, no way they lose any series to anyone with HCA.

ZebraCity916
09-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Lakers First Unit Bynum-Gasol-Artest-Kobe-Fisher Lakers second unit would most likely be Gasol/Bynum-Odom-Luke-Sasha-Brown

Your point????