PDA

View Full Version : Why Do You Love This Game?

ko8e24
09-22-2009, 01:53 AM
The question is, why do you Love the NBA?????

I Love this game because....

you get to see new/innovative basketball moves, seeing the evolution of the game.

Zefflin
09-22-2009, 02:00 AM
hahaha

I love the nba because it is a good game to play. Very fun.

Oh and...Kobe!

It is hard for me...

xHTOWN713x
09-22-2009, 02:20 AM
Well ****, to be honest the last "new/innovative" move I can remember is flopping. 2 others are iversons crossover and the dream shake. what else is there really?

Rocktober2009
09-22-2009, 02:44 AM
I love it for the energy, passion and intensity.
The Drama and the excitment

'nuff said

GoatMilk
09-22-2009, 02:46 AM
man i dont know, i just do

love mostly everything about the NBA except Chris Paul's little "im gonna throw my self into you and have you get the foul" move

Rocktober2009
09-22-2009, 02:51 AM
man i dont know, i just do

love mostly everything about the NBA except Chris Paul's little "im gonna throw my self into you and have you get the foul" move

:clap:

Well said. Well said.

does that go for the Manu "Im going to go sprawling across the court when you touch me so I can get a charge called on you" move?

azkarraga
09-22-2009, 03:21 AM
I'm here for MJ (I was a kid then). And then, i've learned to love the game.

ZebraCity916
09-22-2009, 03:50 AM
It's my favorite sport. Anything can happen. It's always exciting.

It's fun to play and watch. It's fast pace but not too fast. The things that players do are amazing with all the and 1 shots, buzzer beater 3's and great dunks.

David Stern said it best. He said,"Basketball is the only sport that is also a show." Something like that at least...... :laugh:

Ace33Bone
09-22-2009, 09:20 AM
because I love seeing how the new wave of talent come into the league and put their mark on the game

but most of all I love seeing LBJ... everytime i watch him play i forget about whatever is going on around me

KnicksorBust
09-22-2009, 11:21 AM
I love this game because 26 years into my life there's no bigger sports dream than for me to see the Knicks win a title...

:laugh: That actually sounds like a reason I should hate this game but whatever.

Aapox
09-22-2009, 11:29 AM
It's so cool to see so much athletic talent in such a small area of play. Also, they don't have to use any equipment, or learn to play with equipment. It's bare skills and a ball. I like that.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2009, 11:43 AM
no clue

asandhu23
09-22-2009, 12:50 PM
I love this game because i can relate to it. i have played basketball pretty much all my life

clutchski
09-22-2009, 01:28 PM
I love it because every game players need to preform in the clutch, and some are waaay more intense than others. I love the clutch plays.

JNA17
09-22-2009, 02:54 PM
because basketball=life

todu82
09-22-2009, 03:43 PM
I like it for the skill of the players. These guys leave you in amazement with some of the stuff they can do each and every gam.

arkanian215
09-22-2009, 03:47 PM
the crab dribble is by far the most innovative thing i've ever seen.

ko8e24
09-22-2009, 04:05 PM
the crab dribble is by far the most innovative thing i've ever seen.

:laugh:

crazygolucky
09-22-2009, 04:11 PM
i love basketball because its the most fun to play and watch. and it has so much to do with momentum, and playing smart.

its exciting and fast paced, and last second plays are the best!

ko8e24
09-22-2009, 04:17 PM
i love basketball because its the most fun to play and watch. and it has so much to do with momentum, and playing smart.
its exciting and fast paced, and last second plays are the best!

i know exactly what u mean by this. great post! :clap:

smith&wesson
09-22-2009, 04:21 PM
i love soccer, love hockey

but in those sporst if the score 1-0 with 5 seconds left, the game is over.

What i love about basket ball is the entensity. therey can be 1.2 seconds left with the loseing team down by three and they still have a chance to tie it up and send it in to over time.

also what i love about ball is that theres no such thing as a shoot out, or a suden death, or golden goals. theres just over time quarters untill one team beats the other. games arent decided with a shoot out. you get to actually see the true victor at the end of the game.

In basket ball there is always action. in one min sever baskets can be scored where in soccer or hockey you have to wait to see an exciting goal and some times a whole game can go by with neither team even scoaring. that can never happend in ball, its full of action right from the tip off.

as of late the league has gotten more compatative. More teams have multiple stars, the days where one team can win 4 rings is over. teams have to be really really good to repeat because the league as a whole has gotten way more competative.

Also the athleticism, the achrobatics, the finess, how each position is determind by size,

i just love ball, for everything it has to offer.
minus bad reffing. nba reffing has gotten really bad the last couple seasons.

LeGacy is Music
09-22-2009, 04:34 PM
To Be honest My friend asked me that question the other day. Because I played Football and he said why do I love love basketball the most. To be honest its the constant scoring. In every other sport it can take minutes or hours till one team scores where as with Basketball the scoring never ends. GOTTA LOVE IT

bbcmillionaire
09-22-2009, 04:36 PM
i play basketball whenever and im pretty good playing a independent team in college and i love the bulls like nothing else(maybe the cubs and bears)

MrFastBreak
09-22-2009, 04:37 PM
I feel like basketball is the best team sport there is. Ever since I can remember I've loved the game. I remember playing on my driveway was I was younger pretending I was John Stockton and my friend was Karl Malone. I don't know why I chose basketball, but I did and it's still my favorite sport. I think it's the most exciting sport to watch and to play. It's nonstop action and takes the most skill of any sport to be good at. You have to know how to play both ways offensively and defensively. It's just a great sport.

Fireworld
09-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Drama and the excitment

bigsams50
09-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Its on when football season's over

abe_froman
09-22-2009, 05:19 PM
greater individual impact.yes its a team game and you wont win if you have sucky team,but players have a greater impact on what happens.
in baseball your limited to batting 1/9 of the time and only field a certain section,no matter how good you are;so your impact is limited.football your off or def player,not both and if your wr's,te's or rb sucks(star qb),your limited.here,kobe bryant can just take over and impose his will on the game.

faster pace,not many long breaks in the action

excitement,drama,personalities,all that

AirJordanXVIII
09-22-2009, 05:20 PM
I actually have no clue whatsoever.

Nadhi1
09-22-2009, 05:37 PM
i like the nba because of the intensity those wade one handers and lebron hammer dunks and espicially game winning jump shots

Grizz/Cowboys09
09-23-2009, 03:22 AM
I love PLAYING basketball because it's a simple game but you can develop into a valuable player by learning to excel in one or more of the many aspects of the game (being a good driver, have a great jumper, being a good passer or rebounder)....we all played basketball as kids (well maybe not if you're from Canada....lol, when I went to Canada, all the yards had hockey nets...wtf?...anyways)....I grew up country as a mofo playing basketball in bread crates nailed to a tree with a dirt court in Mississippi....but I was hooked on this game as a kid and I will be until I die

Basketball is great, Great exercise.....but simply playing horse is just as fun sometimes

Basketball can be played alone....or 1 on 1...or 3 on 3 half court....or 5 on 5 full court

I love WATCHING basketball because it's a showman's game.....watching an MJ or Kobe or Sir Charles moment in which they absolutely dominate everyone and everything that stands in their way...sometimes making other NBA All Stars look just silly trying to defend against them...watching someone's ankles buckle from a killer crossover is just hilarious...watching a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 fast break knowing a Sportscenter moment could be a second or two away is so exciting....seeing some white bread dude gettin his shot swatted by some high flying brother makes me fall on the floor laughing....LMAO.....anyways, basketball is a highlight film in the making....basketball is the only sport where I will watch teams that I hate, players that I hate, etc.

With only about a dozen players per team and being able to see their faces instead of helmets and pads, I feel like I have a more personal relationship to basketball players....I know almost all the NBA players....football, hockey, and baseball have so many players that it's impossible to keep up with em all

i love this sport....and I've never been more excited that this year cause my lowly Grizzlies will hopefully kick some butt and win a playoff game