PDA

View Full Version : What do you need to make it to the Hall of Fame?

JNA17
09-21-2009, 03:38 PM
WARNING, LONG POST!

This question i am about to ask is related to the other thread about Gasol either a hall of famer or not.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408983

Anyway, i saw a handful of people saying pau gasol has not done enough to make it in.

I remember when i was just a viewer in the nba forums and seeing a lot of people posting how a player like vince carter is a hall of famer. To me, that is laughable.

I'm not saying vince carter was bad, in fact he's really good and one of my favorite players, but what has he done in his career that makes it better then Pau Gasol? A guy who could not go as far as the 2nd round one time and being known as a "great dunker"?

People often forget that for 3 straight years as well, Gasol as a leader took the Grizzlies, that also had a pretty weak roster in a tough western conference to the playoffs. Sure they lost in the first round in those 3 years but that was pretty much the same fate for Vince Cater except for that one year.

Then when Vince carter arrived as the 2nd option if not the first option for the nets with a team of carter, kidd and jefferson, they were as well first round knocks out when before vince carter came to the nets, the nets made it to the finals 2 times. While the first year, no the first HALF year Pau Gasol comes to LA, in a ridiculous year for the western conference, and came as a 2nd option, the lakers made it to the finals. Then the year after that, the lakers win the finals.

I don't get at all how most people here think Vince carter who not only could not go as far as the 2nd round whether he was the first or 2nd option, and the only real accomplishment he probably did individually was being a "great dunker", while Pau Gasol, as a first option, made it to the playoffs as the first option 3 times himself, and 2 times in the finals as a 2nd option while winning one, make vince carter a hall of famer and pau gasol not.

Know even with all this said, i also think pau gasol is not a hall of famer YET, but if people are gonna say injury prone players like vince carter or tracy mcgrady being hall of famers, then i don't see how pau gasol is not.

JordansBulls
09-21-2009, 03:45 PM
A MVP winner is obvious no matter how short. See Bill Walton for example.

To make the hall of fame, I would say you need a minimum of 4-5 allstar games, and either great stats or good accomplishments. Example, Gold medal, multiple titles, etc. That would be the start.

Zefflin
09-21-2009, 04:17 PM
With all that said, throw in a Silver medal in the Olympics and Gold in the Euro...Gasol is a HOFamer.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-21-2009, 04:21 PM
A good career.

JNA17
09-21-2009, 09:02 PM
With all that said, throw in a Silver medal in the Olympics and Gold in the Euro...Gasol is a HOFamer.

i un-purposely did not mention that, but yes those as well.

MrFastBreak
09-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Success and Consistency?