PDA

View Full Version : Saddest stars to never win: Poll

ThuglifeJ
09-20-2009, 04:30 PM
There's been a lot of amazing players this era, their careers are winding down, and yet a bunch of them sit here, without a championship..

Who do you feel the worst for, to never win a championship. Who do you strive and cheer to just please win before their career is over.

Mine is a lose one between J Kidd (got so close with the Nets) and Vince (he's never had the oppurtunity of a championship team besides a couple years with a good Nets roster but not really good enough, he carried the Ratpors)

abe_froman
09-20-2009, 04:32 PM
i feel bad for ai

bigsams50
09-20-2009, 04:36 PM
it was a toss up between carter and kidd

JNA17
09-20-2009, 04:39 PM
I would say Kidd. then Dirk, then nash

Ethix11
09-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Vince Carter

nipo10847
09-20-2009, 05:00 PM
AI, then JK, then Nash, then Vince. T-MaC doesnt deserve. He is not fit for nba. too weak body.

Kurple
09-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Allen Iverson and it's not even close for me

Hellcrooner
09-20-2009, 05:06 PM
i feel bas dor kidd and nash because they are layers tahat play for the team and not for thmeselves

Storch
09-20-2009, 05:07 PM
iverson

blazerman
09-20-2009, 05:07 PM
First off I wouldnt feel sorry for anybody who makes 10 or 20 million a yr unless it was for a loss of family member or a friend but definitely not for not winning a title.

The player I would like to see win a title out of that list is hands down Dirk Nowitzki because he is such a great pro in all aspects. But the only catch is he needs to come to Portland to get it(just kiddin Mavs fans).

ThuglifeJ
09-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Tell me if I'm missing anyone..

theuuord
09-20-2009, 05:18 PM
edit: never mind. misread the question.

BkOriginalOne
09-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Allen Iverson first and foremost.
Then Jason Kidd, he is the best point guard of this generation.

Goon.Weezy
09-20-2009, 05:21 PM
john stockton

Giaps
09-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Prob in the minority but I'd like to see Dirk win one. I always liked him and his game and I want him to shutup his critics.

PHX2daDEATH
09-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Vince, Nash and Kidd.. all deserve it the most

Wilson
09-20-2009, 05:37 PM
I like most of the players there, but the one I feel for the most is Iverson. He's gotten a lot of bad press, a lot of which has been unfair in my opinion. It's unlikely that he'll find himself on a championship contending team now, which really is a shame.

theuuord
09-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Carter.

Chi_Town_Boi
09-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Mac.

Shady66
09-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Iverson and Grant Hill.

Damn injuries

JordansBulls
09-20-2009, 06:08 PM
There's been a lot of amazing players this era, their careers are winding down, and yet a bunch of them sit here, without a championship..

Who do you feel the worst for, to never win a championship. Who do you strive and cheer to just please win before their career is over.

Mine is a lose one between J Kidd (got so close with the Nets) and Vince (he's never had the oppurtunity of a championship team besides a couple years with a good Nets roster but not really good enough, he carried the Ratpors)

I would say Dirk. The man stuck with his team his entire career.

heyman321
09-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Nash then Dirk then Kidd.

MrFastBreak
09-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Iverson.

Toenail Clipper
09-20-2009, 07:27 PM
I believe all of em should go to one team and win a championship! :D That way, they are not overshadowed by LeBron.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Kidd had 2 chances so I guess he should be first.

Nash was also close to reaching the finals on 2 occasions so he should be 2nd.

PrettyBoyJ
09-20-2009, 08:08 PM
TMac.. guy never even got to play in the 2nd round...

MackSnackWrap
09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
I really feel bad for Steve Nash

Hellcrooner
09-20-2009, 08:36 PM
:rolleyes:
I would say Dirk. The man stuck with his team his entire career.

this phrase can be mithic in 9 months unless they mavs win the ring this year :rolleyes:

expect him in the big apple alongisde either wade or lebron by this time next year

rabzouz 96
09-20-2009, 08:41 PM
:rolleyes:

this phrase can be mithic in 9 months unless they mavs win the ring this year :rolleyes:

expect him in the big apple alongisde either wade or lebron by this time next year

gosh, i hope not.

dtmagnet
09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Nash one of my favorites so I went with him.

B.JenningsMVP
09-20-2009, 09:18 PM
J-Kidd

Grizzly Adams
09-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Did Dikembe Mutombo officially retire? I always wanted him to get a ring.

But, I went with Steve Nash.

GspLAL
09-20-2009, 09:34 PM
i feel bas dor kidd and nash because they are layers tahat play for the team and not for thmeselves

pretty much how i feel

iHop
09-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Allen Iverson and Vince Carter, but thats just because there my favorite players :D

NYtilIdie
09-20-2009, 09:57 PM
A.I. if he would have brought a championship to Philly he would have been the most beloved person to ever step foot in Philly.

Its rare to see someone connect with city the way A.I. did with Philly.

Mavrix
09-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Dirk then Kidd then Nash

Lakergirl24
09-20-2009, 11:11 PM
I dont see how so many people can say AI. The guy is one of the most selfish basketball players to ever play. Even at 34 years old he still doesnt get the concept of team basketball. Thats why he's playing for the grizzlies instead of a contender. I dont feel sorry for him in the least bit....My vote goes for J Kidd.

Lone Maverick
09-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Dirk, Kidd, and Nash in that order. Not because they all played for Dallas either. Dirk because he is my favorite player, and has been so loyal to Dallas. He gets a lot of flack and has been a true professional through it all. Kidd and Nash because they made a career out of making their teammates looking good. Kinda the same as Stockton not getting a ring. Door isn't closed for anyone on this list but should none of them get a ring, those three are the saddest imo.

Jay22Redd
09-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Iverson

GREATNESS ONE
09-21-2009, 01:44 AM
Tmac and Vince both had incredible potential that where taken away by constant injuries. My vote is Kidd.

lakerssssssss
09-21-2009, 01:44 AM
Allen Iverson.

Ace33Bone
09-21-2009, 09:18 AM
J. Kidd just because he was already there twice and still was not able to overcome the WEST

GAWDtv
09-21-2009, 09:25 AM
AI Hands down. He is still a top draw in the NBA, they couldn't afford to pay the man what he's worth, however since he signed the only jersey being advertised for sale on NBA.com is AI Mephis 3. LOL, Slavery at it's finnest because when the L makes $50 mill off his jersey sales his salery from the L is less than 10%.

AI deserves to win one, too bad he's in Memphis however he should use this stage to shine, get to a contender (Cleveland at the trade deadline) and win one for the Proud to be Black Manz dem. :clap:

After AI I say J.Kidd, he is a great PG with all the trip dubz playing the position to perfection (short of a better shot) I would love to see Kidd win one as well.

Steve Nash was given two LMVP's so he already got more trophies than he deserves.

Vince Carter does not deserve a ring, SORRY, we saw his true character when he quit on Toronto and forced his way out of T.O. after they built the franchise around him. He chose a personal reward over team on the day we lost to AI in Phi that may have cost us the 3rd round. For you people who chose No Heart over All Heart you are the sheep that fuels America.

mser58
09-21-2009, 09:50 AM
I said AI, but I am kinda second guessing that, Memphis may have what it takes this year....

Wilson
09-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Did Dikembe Mutombo officially retire? I always wanted him to get a ring.

But, I went with Steve Nash.

I think Deke did officially retire. It's a shame he never got a ring, he was awesome.

I dont see how so many people can say AI. The guy is one of the most selfish basketball players to ever play. Even at 34 years old he still doesnt get the concept of team basketball. Thats why he's playing for the grizzlies instead of a contender. I dont feel sorry for him in the least bit....My vote goes for J Kidd.

Allen Iverson's career assist average of 6.2 is higher than Kobe Bryant's, and only half a point behind LeBron James'. Allen Iverson isn't selfish, he's a scorer. He didn't pan out for Denver or Detroit because there were other wing guys who needed the ball (this is also why he'll struggle to find success in Memphis).

If he was ever paired with a dominant inside scorer, he would have found much more success in the play-offs.

arkanian215
09-21-2009, 10:36 AM
it has to be iverson. he's going to memphis. they're stronger than they were last year but i really doubt they win one next year.

fredv
09-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Yao Ming.

Dude is the hardest worker out there and without doubt the guy who wants it the most.

faridk89
09-21-2009, 11:29 AM
carter is a ***, should of stayed with the raps and would of won...i mean look at boston with pierce, drafted same year, where **** for a long time......but wasnt a ***

WhiteSoxGod
09-21-2009, 12:29 PM
I'd like to see Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Yao Ming, and Shane Battier. Hard working team players that are assets to a team atmosphere. I pray everyday for Allen Iverson to NEVER win a championship and to just go the hell away. Hey maybe he'll break both legs in memphis :pray:

RaiderLakersA's
09-21-2009, 12:39 PM
None of them.

arkanian215
09-21-2009, 12:50 PM
if vc stayed in toronto bosh wouldnt be the player that he is now. on top of that they wouldnt have gotten the first pick to get bargnani. on top of that who knows what vc would be like had he stayed with the raps. maybe he would've won a title or maybe he couldve had an injury that ended his career. your assertions are just speculation.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-21-2009, 02:55 PM
I voted for Dirk!

Dirk to LA for the MLE in 2010!!!:drool:

Missing56&33
09-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Vince Carter

agreed, I like Vince the boy can still play....AI should know by now how important practice is and its essential to winning championships....Memphis here I come :)

ThuglifeJ
09-21-2009, 08:16 PM
If VC would have not been traded this offseason, and remained in NJ I'd realllly feel for him....He'd wind down on a (no offense) **** stain team, who would struggle to even make it to the playoffs..

Talk about a ****** career.

Toronto to New Jersey... Even though we all loved seeing him play in Toronto, he was going no where with them. There's a little chance of him and bosh going somewhere ,but not a championship I dont think. Close, but Bosh plays bad defense and that is essential. N those saying he quit on the orginazation are ignoring the fact that the GM drove him out.

He's really matured, and I really hope he gets it this 2010.

But really, I wish Kidd would have won back in the day with K mart

tland22
09-21-2009, 08:40 PM
TMAC ...for sure

GAWDtv
09-24-2009, 10:43 AM
I think Deke did officially retire. It's a shame he never got a ring, he was awesome.

Allen Iverson's career assist average of 6.2 is higher than Kobe Bryant's, and only half a point behind LeBron James'. Allen Iverson isn't selfish, he's a scorer. He didn't pan out for Denver or Detroit because there were other wing guys who needed the ball (this is also why he'll struggle to find success in Memphis).

If he was ever paired with a dominant inside scorer, he would have found much more success in the play-offs.

Don't worry bout the sheep, they just carbon copies. AI is a Giant killer. Switch AI with Kobe back in the Shaq days and they would have Six-peated, and Kobe would not lead that Philly joke of a roster to the Playoffs muchless the finals.

He panned out for Denver, they won like 50 games in the most competitve and closest Western conference race EVER. He was only their for 1 full season so never know what couldabeen...Detroit screwed that up on their own. They where dropping before he got their. The end was when Michael Curry became a head coach :mad:. AI was not the right fit for the team as they trying to develop a poormans AI in Stuckey and what they needed was a pure PG like Chauncey Billups or som.:facepalm:

MaHaRaJaH
09-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Vince Carter

He has COSTED us title runs. Most notably against the Sixers for conference finals missing an all important game for a graduation ceremony. I hope he _never_ wins.

MaHaRaJaH
09-24-2009, 01:52 PM
First off I wouldnt feel sorry for anybody who makes 10 or 20 million a yr unless it was for a loss of family member or a friend but definitely not for not winning a title..

So they are evil for making money :eyebrow:

MaHaRaJaH
09-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Vince Carter does not deserve a ring, SORRY, we saw his true character when he quit on Toronto and forced his way out of T.O. after they built the franchise around him. He chose a personal reward over team on the day we lost to AI in Phi that may have cost us the 3rd round. For you people who chose No Heart over All Heart you are the sheep that fuels America.

:clap:

Brooklyn Mets
09-24-2009, 02:06 PM
PATRICK EWING!!

but from the list id have to say Iverson..

Hitman21
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
PATRICK EWING!!

but from the list id have to say Iverson..

Even though hes not on here...Patrick Ewing was the first name that came to my mind...dude was a beast for years, and knicks were nasty with starks, oakley, mason, and ewing.

theuuord
09-24-2009, 02:58 PM
He has COSTED us title runs. Most notably against the Sixers for conference finals missing an all important game for a graduation ceremony. I hope he _never_ wins.

Carter is the only reason anyone ever cared about Toronto basketball in the first place. You wouldn't have sniffed a conference finals - or even anywhere higher than 11th in the East - without him.

azkarraga
09-24-2009, 03:03 PM
No Centers in the list? Does it means

a) good centers always win rings?

b) there aren't any more good centers?

MaHaRaJaH
09-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Carter is the only reason anyone ever cared about Toronto basketball in the first place. You wouldn't have sniffed a conference finals - or even anywhere higher than 11th in the East - without him.

So? I'm sure he'll end up having his number retired in Toronto... anyway.
And that gives him ALL the power to abandon the team at crucial times? :rolleyes: The teams PAYS him to be there.

theuuord
09-24-2009, 03:55 PM
So? I'm sure he'll end up having his number retired in Toronto... anyway.
And that gives him ALL the power to abandon the team at crucial times? :rolleyes: The teams PAYS him to be there.

the team abandoned him his entire tenure there. Toronto may have had the worst front office decisions of all time between the day they drafted Carter and they day they drafted Bosh (and even then, Wade was on the board).
They equipped that team with absolutely nothing except for Carter and they were one missed shot away from the ECF. THAT is remarkable.

69centers
09-24-2009, 04:02 PM
You can't feel bad for Nowitzki, Iverson, or Kidd, as they've all at least been to the Finals once, and Kidd twice. You have to feel worse for guys who've never made it that far, like McGrady, Nash, or Carter.

MaHaRaJaH
09-24-2009, 04:07 PM
the team abandoned him his entire tenure there. Toronto may have had the worst front office decisions of all time between the day they drafted Carter and they day they drafted Bosh (and even then, Wade was on the board).
They equipped that team with absolutely nothing except for Carter and they were one missed shot away from the ECF. THAT is remarkable.

Again you keep reinforcing the fact that Carter had every right to miss crucial games -- even when Toronto was a competing team. So what if Wade was there? Bosh certainly is no bust.
Is Toronto the only team to do that? ever?
Regardless of what the circumstances were, Carter is judged for the things _he_ did. No player has the right to do that.

biggy
09-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Ai

GAWDtv
09-28-2009, 10:52 AM

WOW, what you know about it? We had Oakley, Del Curry, Antonio Davis, MAGrady, OLajuwan (he might not have panned out but we did try), Mo Pete, JYD, Chris Childs, Alvin Williams and some really good role players. They put solid teams around VC, he just had no desire to be the GOAT. Not saying he could be but if your not trying you should nbot be maxed out muchless pitied for not winning a ring. With his talent he has no one to blame but himself.

VC aite McDonalds EVERYDAY when he was here. He bragged about it. If he was an athlete dedicated to being his best, like a max money guy should be a max effort guy right??? He said stuff like "I'm not gonna dunk anymore" when he was forcing his way out of Toronto. His cusin, TMac, when he signed as a free agent to leave Toronto he said he loved Toronto and would have loved to be the guy in Toronto but he was told VC was the franchise player and he said He would not play for any team built around Vince Carter as he knows VC's level of drive and dedication to win is not there. That's from his famz and thats enough for me. :facepalm:

heattiltheend94
09-28-2009, 11:20 AM
carter or nash

theuuord
09-28-2009, 11:55 AM
WOW, what you know about it? We had Oakley,

WAY past his prime.

Del Curry,

WAY past his prime.

Antonio Davis,

Arguably the worst second option in the history of playoff teams.

MAGrady,

Got sick of Toronto, was traded in a s&t and had one of the best primes of any SG ever. (See what I mean about bad FO? They couldn't keep McGrady around, either. Why not take your vitriol out on him?)

OLajuwan (he might not have panned out but we did try),

You already said it. Your office tried. they failed.

Mo Pete,

Overrated. Only a decent 3-point shot and basically nothing else. Can't rebound, can't pass, can't defend.

JYD,

Who?

Chris Childs,

See Dell Curry.

Alvin Williams

Seriously? Alvin Williams?

and some really good role players.

lmfao. everyone you just LISTED was a "role player."

They put solid teams around VC, he just had no desire to be the GOAT. Not saying he could be but if your not trying you should nbot be maxed out muchless pitied for not winning a ring. With his talent he has no one to blame but himself.

that's complete and utter bull. Listen to yourself. Every single player you listed was either the definition of average IN their prime, or way past their prime with Toronto. (Or they were traded to Orlando as soon as they hit their prime, and made Toronto look like idiots again.)

Look at this team without VC.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2001.html

Please try to argue that this team without VC is anything but the worst team in the East, if not the NBA. It's always good to laugh.

VC aite McDonalds EVERYDAY when he was here. He bragged about it.

Um, he was a McDonald's All-American, and ate fast food occasionally (like most every player - even Kobe has said that). Other than that, who cares what he ate? He produced for you guys when no one else would. Be happy for that.

If he was an athlete dedicated to being his best, like a max money guy should be a max effort guy right??? He said stuff like "I'm not gonna dunk anymore" when he was forcing his way out of Toronto. His cusin, TMac, when he signed as a free agent to leave Toronto he said he loved Toronto and would have loved to be the guy in Toronto but he was told VC was the franchise player and he said He would not play for any team built around Vince Carter as he knows VC's level of drive and dedication to win is not there.

please source it, or what you say is irrelevant and slanderous.
what i DO know is that he said he wanted to be in Florida with his family.

Tom81
09-28-2009, 12:39 PM
nash

UnWantedTheory
09-28-2009, 12:55 PM
WOW, what you know about it? We had Oakley, Del Curry, Antonio Davis, MAGrady, OLajuwan (he might not have panned out but we did try), Mo Pete, JYD, Chris Childs, Alvin Williams and some really good role players. They put solid teams around VC, he just had no desire to be the GOAT. Not saying he could be but if your not trying you should nbot be maxed out muchless pitied for not winning a ring. With his talent he has no one to blame but himself.

VC aite McDonalds EVERYDAY when he was here. He bragged about it. If he was an athlete dedicated to being his best, like a max money guy should be a max effort guy right??? He said stuff like "I'm not gonna dunk anymore" when he was forcing his way out of Toronto. His cusin, TMac, when he signed as a free agent to leave Toronto he said he loved Toronto and would have loved to be the guy in Toronto but he was told VC was the franchise player and he said He would not play for any team built around Vince Carter as he knows VC's level of drive and dedication to win is not there. That's from his famz and thats enough for me. :facepalm:

Everyone you just mentioned was either older and past their prime or hadnt even hit it yet. They were all "role players" bro. Hakeem was what? 40? You have got to be kidding bringing those names into this conversation. And who the hell is JYD?

UnWantedTheory
09-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Oh, I would go Kidd and AI.

UnWantedTheory
09-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Possibly Dan Marino. :)