PDA

View Full Version : Build a Championship team around Gilbert Arenas where he is the best player on it....

JordansBulls
09-20-2009, 02:55 AM
Can you build a Championship team around Gilbert Arenas where is hands down the best player on the team?

ko8e24
09-20-2009, 03:00 AM
I believe so, I atctually feel though that he is better served as a SG. I think a PG like Randy Foye ain't bad, and Butler is a good 2nd-3rd option (but better fit IMO as a 3rd option), and I feel that though Jamison is really good, I feel Wiz should trade him to get a big man who can be a 2nd option to Gilbert Arenas (who'll be the 1st option). A tandem of Arenas-BIG MAN (my thinking is a guy like Amare Stoudamire)-Butler with Foye and couple of role players and a really good 6th man should put them in contention for a title.

Mavrix
09-20-2009, 03:01 AM
PG- Gilbert Arenas
SG- Ray Allen
SF- Rashard Lewis
PF- Carlos Boozer
C- Al Jefferson

JordansBulls
09-20-2009, 03:04 AM
PG- Gilbert Arenas
SG- Ray Allen
SF- Rashard Lewis
PF- Carlos Boozer
C- Al Jefferson

He isn't the hands down best on that team. You have 2 guys for sure that can be considered better in Jefferson and Boozer.

Mavrix
09-20-2009, 03:05 AM
PG- Gilbert Arenas
SG- Ray Allen
SF- Rashard Lewis
PF- Carlos Boozer
C- Al Jefferson

If you don't agree Arenas is hands down better than all those players than I'll take it a notch down and still bet this team could win the championship...

PG- Gilbert Arenas
SG- Andre Iguadola
SF- Caron Butler
PF- David West
C- Kendrick Perkins

ko8e24
09-20-2009, 03:06 AM
Did I understand the question correctly??

If not, then I'll just agree with Mavrix's post.

By the way Mavrix, clever username

Mavs + Matrix (Shawn Marion) = Mavrix

Mavrix
09-20-2009, 03:08 AM
Did I understand the question correctly??

If not, then I'll just agree with Mavrix's post.

By the way Mavrix, clever username

Mavs + Matrix (Shawn Marion) = Mavrix

I actually made the username before Shawn Marion was signed...

If you pronounce my username it's just like saying Mavericks :)

ko8e24
09-20-2009, 03:08 AM
He isn't the hands down best on that team. You have 2 guys for sure that can be considered better in Jefferson and Boozer.

Boozer had his chance in Utah, but injuries and Deron Williams taking over like a beast made him less valuable than the best player on the jazz (D-Will), and heck, even less valuable than Paul Milsap, lol

And for Al Jeff, I feel Arenas has had a better career as the main guy on his team than Al Jefferson (so far)

ko8e24
09-20-2009, 03:09 AM
I actually made the username before Shawn Marion was signed...

If you pronounce my username it's just like saying Mavericks :)

oh lol, koo, when now ur username can stand for two things. the pronunciation of the word "Mavericks", and now the new acquisition of the Matrix, Shawn Marion, to the Mavs.

Wiz kids
09-20-2009, 03:10 AM
can we stop these Gilbert threads which will inevitably lead to people bashing him.

Mavrix
09-20-2009, 03:12 AM
oh lol, koo, when now ur username can stand for two things. The pronunciation of the word "mavericks", and now the new acquisition of the matrix, shawn marion, to the mavs.

:d

ko8e24
can we stop these Gilbert threads which will inevitably lead to people bashing him.

of all the posts before urz, there hasn't been a gilbert arenas bashing post. wut, are u planning on starting one (even tho ur a wiz fan) ????

lol

Mavrix
oh lol, koo, when now ur username can stand for two things. the pronunciation of the word "Mavericks", and now the new acquisition of the Matrix, Shawn Marion, to the Mavs.

:clap:

Wiz kids
09-20-2009, 03:18 AM
of all the posts before urz, there hasn't been a gilbert arenas bashing post. wut, are u planning on starting one (even tho ur a wiz fan) ????

lol

Glbert threads always go down south; EX: "oh he ain't worth the max contract," When was the last time he was healthy?" "Jeez he needs to just shut up," "He like Kanye West, talented but arrogant."

arenas doesnt have what it takes. he is too arrogant.

My point.

blazerman
09-20-2009, 03:43 AM
PG- Gilbert Arenas
SG- Ray Allen
SF- Rashard Lewis
PF- Carlos Boozer
C- Al Jefferson

Arenas is hands down out of those guys, Kinda doubt it. I'd take anyone of those guys over Arenas. Allen and Lewis are more durable and have had just as good of careers but Arenas might have a slightly bigger name. But the other two I'd take over Arenas anyday.

yanks4eva
09-20-2009, 03:46 AM

Raph12
09-20-2009, 03:47 AM
If you don't agree Arenas is hands down better than all those players than I'll take it a notch down and still bet this team could win the championship...

PG- Gilbert Arenas
SG- Andre Iguadola
SF- Caron Butler
PF- David West
C- Kendrick Perkins

Doubt that team beats LA, San Antonio, a healthy Boston or even Orlando and Cleveland.

To answer the question, no, Arenas isn't as good as some would like to believe. Maybe if the whole bench looks like the starting line Mavrix has up there.

Wiz kids
09-20-2009, 04:01 AM
PG - Gilbert Arenas
SG - Gilbert Arenas
SF - Gilbert Arenas
PF - Gilbert Arenas
C - Gilbert Arenas

Mavrix
09-20-2009, 04:01 AM
Arenas is hands down out of those guys, Kinda doubt it. I'd take anyone of those guys over Arenas. Allen and Lewis are more durable and have had just as good of careers but Arenas might have a slightly bigger name. But the other two I'd take over Arenas anyday.

PG- Arenas
SG- Jackson
SF- Marion
PF- Odom
C- Perkins

Mavrix
09-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Doubt that team beats LA, San Antonio, a healthy Boston or even Orlando and Cleveland.

To answer the question, no, Arenas isn't as good as some would like to believe. Maybe if the whole bench looks like the starting line Mavrix has up there.

If everyone in that line up is healthy then yes they can beat Boston, LA, Cleveland, Orlando, and definitely San Antonio.

toovey107
09-20-2009, 04:11 AM
Glbert threads always go down south; EX: "oh he ain't worth the max contract," When was the last time he was healthy?" "Jeez he needs to just shut up," "He like Kanye West, talented but arrogant."

My point.
They are all pretty much true.

Never healthy.
Not worth a max contract.
Very arrogant player who has won nothing.

Let the bashing begin ....

Wiz kids
09-20-2009, 04:13 AM

They are all pretty much true.

Never healthy.
Not worth a max contract.
Very arrogant player who has one nothing.

Let the bashing begin ....

so it begins.....

LAcowBOMBER
09-20-2009, 04:41 AM
If everyone in that line up is healthy then yes they can beat Boston, LA, Cleveland, Orlando, and definitely San Antonio.

PG- Gilbert Arenas
SG- Andre Iguadola
SF- Caron Butler
PF- David West
C- Kendrick Perkins

I don't know how you possibly think that team is better than the Lakers or even the Celtics, Cavs or Magic. That team really only is better than the Lakers at PG, but Kobe and Gasol more make up for that difference. Plus, Odom off of the bench is better than whatever that team would have on their bench.

toovey107
09-20-2009, 04:48 AM
False.

Bruno
09-20-2009, 05:14 AM
This is the best team I could come up with. I think at this point, healthy Arenas, is better than any of these players.

Rondo
Arenas
Artest
LaMarcus Aldridge
Shaq

JordansBulls
09-20-2009, 10:47 AM
PG- Arenas
SG- Jackson
SF- Marion
PF- Odom
C- Perkins

Pretty good, but I don't think they get past the 2nd round.

b_rad23
09-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Arenas
Ronnie Brewer
Gerald Wallace
Aldridge
Greg Oden/Sheed

Who's going to score on this team??

Mavrix
09-20-2009, 01:44 PM
PG- Gilbert Arenas
SG- Andre Iguadola
SF- Caron Butler
PF- David West
C- Kendrick Perkins

I don't know how you possibly think that team is better than the Lakers or even the Celtics, Cavs or Magic. That team really only is better than the Lakers at PG, but Kobe and Gasol more make up for that difference. Plus, Odom off of the bench is better than whatever that team would have on their bench.

Arenas>>>>>>>>> Fisher
Iguadola < Kobe
Butler > Artest
West = Gasol
Perkins = Bynum

Mavrix
09-20-2009, 01:45 PM
You can't look at a team on paper before it plays a single game and predict they won't win the championship. That's just idiotic.

zambo4president
09-20-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't think you can :shrug:

SA5195
09-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Whats up with all the Arenas threads?

Hoopsadvocate
09-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Gilbert Arenas
Michael Redd
Shawn Marion
David West
Brook Lopez

Mane
09-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Arenas
Ronnie Brewer
Gerald Wallace
Aldridge
Greg Oden/Sheed

Who's going to score on this team??

Whoevers playing point guard :laugh2:

I have the right, i'm a wizards fan.

Mavrix
09-20-2009, 02:18 PM
False.
Nice opinion Ms. Cleo:facepalm:

Mile High Champ
09-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Haha not a chance, defence wins championships and arenas is the worst defender in the NBA...

_KB24_
09-20-2009, 02:25 PM
PG: Arenas
SG: Gordon
SF: Prince
PF: Wallace
C: Shaq (No way in ****ing hell the prime Shaq but if they were to team up, Arenas would be the best player no doubt).

MackSnackWrap
09-20-2009, 03:06 PM
useless thread :facepalm:

ink
09-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Can you build a Championship team around Gilbert Arenas where is hands down the best player on the team?

I don't see how.

IversonIsKrazy
09-20-2009, 03:21 PM
PG: Agent 0/Lou Williams
SG: Richard Hamilton/Roger Mason Jr.
SF: Ron Artest/Francisco Garcia
PF: Carlos Boozer/Reggie Evans
C: Nene/McDyess

abe_froman
09-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Haha not a chance, defence wins championships and arenas is the worst defender in the NBA...

yes,but you could load the team up with good/great def players.

its def doable,many already proposed could do it(if there's no such thing as ego's or injuries getting in the way)

JordansBulls
09-20-2009, 03:48 PM
PG: Agent 0/Lou Williams
SG: Richard Hamilton/Roger Mason Jr.
SF: Ron Artest/Francisco Garcia
PF: Carlos Boozer/Reggie Evans
C: Nene/McDyess

Replace Rip with Ray Allen and I think this is a good team.

acehole
09-20-2009, 03:54 PM
what is it with you making 10 threads a day asking hypothetical questions?

JNA17
09-20-2009, 04:38 PM
PG: Gilbert Arenas
SG: Vince Carter
SF: A. Iguodala
PF: L. Aldridge
C: Shaq

^^ either that or the lineup below

PG: Gilbert Arenas
SG: Vince Carter
SF: Richard Jefferson
PF: Antwan Jamison
C: Shaq

JordansBulls
09-20-2009, 05:53 PM
what is it with you making 10 threads a day asking hypothetical questions?

It's a simple question on if you can build a team around a player that is considered an elite player that is a championship team.

randomness
09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Andris Biedrins/Brook Lopez/Andrea Bargnani
LaMarcus Aldridge/David West/Al Horford
Caron Butler/Shane Battier/Al Thornton
Manu Ginobili/Jason Terry/Rudy Fernandez
Gilbert Arenas/Jarrett Jack/Randy Foye

Drewlius
09-20-2009, 07:23 PM

PG- Gilbert Arenas
SG- Andre Iguadola
SF- Caron Butler
PF- David West
C- Kendrick Perkins

lol, not even close.

MackSnackWrap
09-20-2009, 08:26 PM
lol, not even close.

nope they wouldnt win