PDA

View Full Version : Probably better for the Knicks?

HouRealCoach
09-19-2009, 07:10 PM
They have young talent(Lee, Robinson, Chandler, Gallanari, Hill etc.), Expirings(Hughes, Curry, Harrington, Milicic, Mobley, Duhon)

They can do what Boston did and end up with their own "Big 3" or more....

lEBRON, wADE, AND bOSH ARENT PROMISING SO THOUGHTS?

ko8e24
09-19-2009, 07:40 PM
:laugh:

and spike lee is head coach! with assistants Jay Z, Beyonce, Mike James, and Lebron's good ole buddy in that stupid Farmer's Insurance Commercial where they makin fun of this one dude in the parking lot and dancing like idiots

LakersOrNothing
09-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Not going to happen...

MackSnackWrap
09-19-2009, 08:01 PM
theyll get 1 of those 3, 2 if there extremely lucky but never all 3

AllTheWay
09-19-2009, 10:13 PM
I think Amare is their best bet. I doubt Lebron leaves Cleveland.

SA5195
09-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Don't think Knicks need Bosh, they got Jordan Hill.

Hustla23
09-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Why would we trade anybody when we can sign them outright.... :facepalm:

NYYankeesWin#27
09-19-2009, 10:38 PM
i think we r getting lebron n amare

still a fan
09-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Don't need to do it the way Boston did, not many can....

Nice young core where Galinari and chandler are going to surprise many this season...get one Max fa in 2010 keep their core and get a 2nd max in 2011...this team is good to go...

Cubs Win
09-19-2009, 11:12 PM
i think we r getting lebron n amare

:facepalm: :laugh:

Evolution23
09-19-2009, 11:20 PM
One max Free Agent can change the game.. Joe Johnson perhaps?

Toenail Clipper
09-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Why is everyone considering the New York Knicks when the Brooklyn Nets are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better?

jim51990
09-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Why is everyone considering the New York Knicks when the Brooklyn Nets are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better?

thank you i said all along if lebron was ever to leave clev it would only be for the nets

Sports Illustrator
09-20-2009, 12:46 AM
I think at least one max player will sign with the Knicks. I cannot say who exactly because we are still far away and we do not know what exactly is inside these players' heads.

I also think the Knicks will do things a little differently than how Boston did them, but I'd be thrilled and happy if ended up being the same way.

NANDOKNICK
09-20-2009, 12:50 AM
and they will win every game a shutout 100-0

They have young talent(Lee, Robinson, Chandler, Gallanari, Hill etc.), Expirings(Hughes, Curry, Harrington, Milicic, Mobley, Duhon)

They can do what Boston did and end up with their own "Big 3" or more....

lEBRON, wADE, AND bOSH ARENT PROMISING SO THOUGHTS?

boeknows
09-20-2009, 01:28 AM
I dont think they will get any of those three. Maybe Bosh but IMO no. I think they will end up severly overpaying a 2nd tier free agent or maybe even 2 of them and the player's skills will go in the ******* as soon as he puts on a Knick uniform.

azkarraga
09-20-2009, 03:46 AM
Supposing they've got cap space and the players are ok with it, still is not gonna happen. And there's a reason for that: Bosh aint that good. So he'll be dismissed.

still a fan
09-20-2009, 09:42 AM
I dont think they will get any of those three. Maybe Bosh but IMO no. I think they will end up severly overpaying a 2nd tier free agent or maybe even 2 of them and the player's skills will go in the ******* as soon as he puts on a Knick uniform.

This is typical statement of the rest of the NBA how they view whats going on...

If you Never watched Donnie Walsh work in Indiana and been watching him go about his business since taking over the Knicks I understand your statement...

Walsh will not overpay for anyone...First things first a max contract next yr will be slightly over 15MIL thanks to the economy and the cap going down...

Next thing is after the 1st Max fa if another is not available the next mid tier FA will be David Lee, this is Donnie's fall back....this is why David is not signed yet, the contract Donnie is offering is very fair since he could simply tell him to take the QO at 2.6...so getting around 7MIL is a good faith offering yet will help in cap holds and help in case a trade happens...because Lee will be a BYC player and after Dec 15th the Knicks can only take back a player for 50% of his contract...

To get a trade for 100% value the Knicks have to wait for the end of the season and trade him which again helps both the player and the team because a S&T benefits both or simply if no other FA better than David he is a great fall back as I mentioned above....

There is so much more but that is the main idea:)

Mr Grim
09-20-2009, 10:04 AM

Last I checked the "Brooklyn" Nets dont even have an arena and didnt move from NJ.

Mplsman
09-20-2009, 11:02 AM
No way will that ever happen. Read: "knicks' hopes are dropping with cap" article right on their psd news page. The knicks roster is a complete mess. No offense, but I just don't see 3 top superstars coming over next year. Read the article and you will understand where I am coming from. Plus they haven't even signed david lee or Nate rob and training camp starts in like a week. They instead went out and signed point guard Gabe Pruitt and forward Warren Carter, who played on the Knicks summer-league team. What?

blastmasta26
09-20-2009, 11:03 AM
We got a chance at Amare or Joe Johnson. After that, a very low chance at LeBron.

knickerbockerny
09-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Lebron is going to leave Cleveland. The writing is on the wall... he's almost always in New York. The same people said Shaq was not going to leave Orlando because they had a better supporting case and team than the Lakers, with arguable a top 4 player as his running mate in Penny Hardaway at the time. He still left and went to a rebuilbing situation is Los Angeles, we all know how that turned out.

Lebron situation is quite similar to Shaq's. You win in Cleveland you are respected, you win in New York you are a god. Coming along with Lebron is going to be Amare, because some way some how, Walsh is going to trade either Curry or Jeffries.

blastmasta26
09-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Lebron is going to leave Cleveland. The writing is on the wall... he's almost always in New York. The same people said Shaq was not going to leave Orlando because they had a better supporting case and team than the Lakers, with arguable a top 4 player as his running mate in Penny Hardaway at the time. He still left and went to a rebuilbing situation is Los Angeles, we all know how that turned out.

Lebron situation is quite similar to Shaq's. You win in Cleveland you are respected, you win in New York you are a god. Coming along with Lebron is going to be Amare, because some way some how, Walsh is going to trade either Curry or Jeffries.
Interesting point, never thought about Shaq's situation.

raptors_fanatic
09-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Amare&Joe Johnson?

raptors_fanatic
09-20-2009, 11:31 AM
ur not gonna get only one of the big three because they all want to win.....for ex: Bosh wouldn't leave toronto since theres already a better supporting cast on the raptors rather than new york, however im sure if they get a guy like Amare then Wade too? iunno im just throwin ideas out there........2010 talk is too unpredictable

MackSnackWrap
09-20-2009, 11:50 AM
thank you i said all along if lebron was ever to leave clev it would only be for the nets

agreed if anything he will go to nets over Knicks

Hustla23
09-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Because they aren't going to be the "Brooklyn" Nets until 2015.

:laugh:

KnicksPain
09-20-2009, 08:52 PM
It seems nobody read the opening post correctly. He said
lEBRON, wADE, AND bOSH ARENT PROMISING SO THOUGHTS? I think he is trying to say that because of the young promising talent and cap room we will have in 2010 it will give us options for signing decent players and making trades to get a couple all star caliber players and up and coming guys instead of 1 or 2 superstars. At least I think thats what he's saying.

boeknows
09-21-2009, 12:59 AM

There is one big difference between Shaq and LeBron though. Shaq was born in NJ and went to college at LSU. So he really had no ties to Florida or Orlando except that he was drafted and playing there at the time. LeBron has pretty much spent his whole life in Ohio. He has ties to the state and the team.

NYKnicks4511
09-21-2009, 01:45 AM
I'm sorry but all in all I think one picture can sum up this post.

http://koltchak91120.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

But for the record, if we don't get LeBron, Amare is our next best shot.

arkanian215
09-21-2009, 10:50 AM
it's possible. maybe. the problem is that boston already had a stud in pierce. all they needed was to make two amazing moves and still have big perk and rondo there. who would prove to have the skills of al jefferson to get an amazing player? al jefferson wasnt very good before that last year in boston but he showed amazing potential even through the injury in december (appendix). so unless one of their young ones blossom, i dont think it's possible to move for a kg caliber big. on top of that youd need to acquire 3 stars instead of two and still have good role players.

colinskik
09-21-2009, 11:00 AM
The only statement more absurd than "The Knicks will get three max FAs" is "the Nets will move to Brooklyn."

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! And there's no way Lebron will play in East ****in' Rutherford, NJ. He'll be in The Garden when it's all said and done.

Anyone who still thinks the Nets are moving to BK should do a little homework before they display their foolishness here.

Giaps
09-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Let's all take a deep breath and chill the f out. I'm not in the mood to have people *****ing about Knicks fans getting annoying with 2010.

Super.
09-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Joe Johnson and A'mare seem about right.

I can see LeBron staying in Cleveland

Wade will ether stay in Miami OR sign with a team with at least another bonafide superstar to take the pressure off himself somewhat.

Bosh...NJ? NY? Chicago? who knows!