PDA

View Full Version : Lebron promises to stay in Cleveland.

fairandbalanced
09-19-2009, 06:17 PM
"Don't leave us, man," one fan said as James scrawled his name.

"I ain't leaving," James said, smiling.

James was in good spirits as he interacted with people who have closely followed his career since his high school days in Akron.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4484217

Anyone believe him? We are all witness

black1605
09-19-2009, 06:19 PM
i'll believe it when he signs a new contract

J4KOP99
09-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Jesus Christ.

Give it up for now

GoatMilk
09-19-2009, 06:21 PM
shaq's never leaving miami

Mavrix
09-19-2009, 06:23 PM
It's a fan, not his agent

GoatMilk
09-19-2009, 06:28 PM
he has a house there, of course he's not leaving technically

FachoinaNYY
09-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Ive said it from the beginning there is NO WAY he is leaving... None, zero.

Wade may be a different story with Chicago calling, but James is staying put.

29$JerZ
09-19-2009, 06:53 PM
:laugh:

How does this confirm him not leaving?

ko8e24
09-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Oh Lebron! :drool:

This is getting redunkulous!

Teeboy1487
09-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Lets wait until the season plays out. If Cleveland does not win a championship, I definitely see him going to New York. I don't believe this at all.

BkOriginalOne
09-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Wait til NY makes him the highest played player of all time.
He'll be pulling in those Yankee contracts.

ManRam
09-19-2009, 07:07 PM
This is something no journalist should ever report...but whatever.

I believe him 100%. Never thought he'd leave. He wants to win a championship, but more importantly, he wants to get it in his home town(ish). Switching teams hurts his legacy. He's a Cleveland boy.

yungballah15
09-19-2009, 07:07 PM
this guy dont want on fans attack him, so he says im staying loll, theres nothing really behind it, hes in clevland now, and in 010 anything can happen.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-19-2009, 07:11 PM
He might try to hide the article.

j-bay
09-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Wait til NY makes him the highest played player of all time.
He'll be pulling in those Yankee contracts.

trust me i know this remember damon said he would never go to the yanks and would play for the sox played with the yankees anyway i bet you the same thing will happen with lebron

bogdan
09-19-2009, 07:18 PM
If Lebron is a MAN he comes to NY. Period. Cleveland is a cess pool that offers nothing to the best basketball player in the world. NY is the cultural and financial capital of the WORLD. Lebron will be able to live as close to a normal existence as possible in NY because the average new yorker will leave him alone. After the game in Cleveland Lebron can pay to keep the one good restaurant open? LOL. Or would he prefer to hang out with some the World Series Champion Yankees at one of the thousand WORLD CLASS RESTAURANTS with TOP NOTCH ARM CANDY as opposed to the pigs and losers that reside in CLeveland. FAH Q you all that defend Cleveland. Any Sinatra songs about OHIO? No. Is it freezing cold and dreary? Yes. Do stars of stage, screen, literature, sport and politics reside there? No. Give it up. Lebron James will be a Knick and if he wanted to stay in Cleveland the ink would be dry on the contract. While the Cavaliers added to slow and slovenly Big Z with the Big Carpetbagger (Shaq) Boston and Orlando got a lot better. Not to mention the Lakers. The Cavaliers are going nowhere this year and Lebron James is going to end up in the city that can handle the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD. Lebron will always have a soft spot for the OUTHOUSE that is OHIO but his future and destiny is in NY. FAH Q!

ko8e24
09-19-2009, 07:32 PM
If Lebron is a MAN he comes to NY. Period. Cleveland is a cess pool that offers nothing to the best basketball player in the world. NY is the cultural and financial capital of the WORLD. Lebron will be able to live as close to a normal existence as possible in NY because the average new yorker will leave him alone. After the game in Cleveland Lebron can pay to keep the one good restaurant open? LOL. Or would he prefer to hang out with some the World Series Champion Yankees at one of the thousand WORLD CLASS RESTAURANTS with TOP NOTCH ARM CANDY as opposed to the pigs and losers that reside in CLeveland. FAH Q you all that defend Cleveland. Any Sinatra songs about OHIO? No. Is it freezing cold and dreary? Yes. Do stars of stage, screen, literature, sport and politics reside there? No. Give it up. Lebron James will be a Knick and if he wanted to stay in Cleveland the ink would be dry on the contract. While the Cavaliers added to slow and slovenly Big Z with the Big Carpetbagger (Shaq) Boston and Orlando got a lot better. Not to mention the Lakers. The Cavaliers are going nowhere this year and Lebron James is going to end up in the city that can handle the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD. Lebron will always have a soft spot for the OUTHOUSE that is OHIO but his future and destiny is in NY. FAH Q!

I think Mamba is happy in LA ;)

MackSnackWrap
09-19-2009, 07:52 PM
i wouldnt take his word for it, he just wanna be on the fans goodside, when 2010 rolls around anything can happen

Burkey3472
09-19-2009, 07:53 PM
We'll just have to wait and see...

asandhu23
09-19-2009, 07:55 PM

wow...really? keep telling yourself that. you want to know the real cultural capital and economic of the world? its California. North California has the Silicon Valley and The Bay Area has rising music stars. Southern California gets all the immigrants, the Hollywood Stars etc etc. then there is the freaking Napa Valley. New York...lol. the place used to be good but now it sucks. You want top notch candy, LeBron. Come to California. We have some of the world's hottest women. Here you can live peacefully too in cities like Palo Alto, Atherton, Los Altos, etc in gated communities. You calling people of Cleveland pigs and losers? that shows how ******** you are. Every single city, village, dwelling in the world has its ups and downs. you mentioned Frank Sinatra... you should know he hasn't been popular for how long is it now? 50 years? you said you guys could handle the best player in NBA? you guys couldn't handle Patrick Ewing when he was literally handed to you in 1985 draft by Stern, how the **** do you expect to handle LeBron?

dtmagnet
09-19-2009, 08:03 PM

You're an arrogant prick if you believe what you just wrote. What a *******.

clutchski
09-19-2009, 08:06 PM
I think he'll stay in Cle for his career and try to bring 3+ championships there they the city has been 'starving'. Then not only did he grow up in Ohio but he will be the ultimate king of Cleveland.

Raph12
09-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Lebron is a politician at heart, you could never believe a word he says.

ZebraCity916
09-19-2009, 08:12 PM
People need to stop posting things like this cause these players aren't saying anything in stone. No more posts like this.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

DetroitRipCity
09-19-2009, 08:35 PM
we will see after another failed attempt at winning a title if he stays or not

bogdan
09-19-2009, 08:48 PM
I liked my hometown too. Then I grew up and went to college and liked that town for 4 years. Then I wanted to expand my horizons and interact with people I could learn and grow from. I kept challenging myself. How North California got in this mix is beyond me. I like California but last time I checked Kobe played on the Lakers and Lebron is not going to the Clippers, Kings or Warriors. I have had the non-pleasure of spending a couple nights in Cleveland. I don't care how nice the people are the "ambience" of Cleveland isn't in the same class as that of Manhattan. Cleveland was a nice stepping stone "college like" experience for Lebron. How do you think the talk of him and Jay-Z got started in regards to the Nets? Jay-Z probably asked him if he was going to stay in Cleveland as they downed some Cristal in a MANHATTAN club with Beyonce. His answer was most likely, "Hell no." Would you want to stay in your college town forever? Come on man. When you get to Lebron's level you look for challenges. You look to broaden horizons. Meet new people on your social level. When Cleveland gets bounced in the conference semi-finals and the Knicks show some promise with their young players and manage to deal away Jared Jeffries and/or Eddy Curry remember this "conversation". Lebron James signs with the Knicks and the Knicks win the NBA championship in 2011.

blazerman
09-19-2009, 08:49 PM
People need to stop posting things like this cause these players aren't saying anything in stone. No more posts like this.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I agree with you

Nobody will know until a contract is signed and same goes for D Wade. I hope you guys that post these dont write one everytime you see Lebron wearing a NY cap or see him in NY or new Jersey or Wade in Chicago.

ag93
09-19-2009, 08:49 PM

lmfao:laugh:

rapswin98
09-19-2009, 09:23 PM
promises are meant to be broken

RocketsRule
09-19-2009, 09:25 PM
i'll believe it when he signs a new contract

:nod:

Until then, it's all ********.

ZebraCity916
09-19-2009, 10:22 PM
I agree with you

Nobody will know until a contract is signed and same goes for D Wade. I hope you guys that post these dont write one everytime you see Lebron wearing a NY cap or see him in NY or new Jersey or Wade in Chicago.

Exactly. Same goes for Wade, Bosh, and the rest of the FA class of 2010.

NYYankeesWin#27
09-19-2009, 10:37 PM
wut is he going to say

"sorry bro, i want to leave"

MrFastBreak
09-19-2009, 10:57 PM
We'll see.

blastmasta26
09-20-2009, 11:11 AM
All of these threads are so useless. Any 2010 FA will say, "I'm not thinking about leaving right now" or something along those lines, and an article comes out about it. Those statements are all generic and don't mean anything. The only time an article should be published is if a player says he IS going to leave.

Kyben36
09-20-2009, 11:25 AM
He wispered Yet at the end of the sentence, no realy, he wont truely say yes or no because it will excite fans.

phila_gorilla
09-20-2009, 11:29 AM

You are a moron. First off, his manhood has nothing to do with him coming or going from Cle to NY. Second, anyone anywhere will go up to LeBron on the street. Third, the yanks havent won a WS in a while. Get over it. Jorge, Jeter, Rivera and Pettitte are about the only Yanks left from their last WS. What a homer post if I've ever seen one.

bogdan
09-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Maybe in your ham and egger town people would bother Lebron. Try spending some time in NY where there are no E-A-G-L-E-S chants at restaurants (and church) and people have some class. Lebron's neighbors in NY would be world class elite that are busy with their own lives. FAH Q by the way. Enjoy Brad Lidge imploding in the post season.

Spurred1
09-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Can we have a moratorium on all these LeBron-New York threads? It is incredibly boring to see one of these threads at least once a week. LeBron may already have his mind made up one way or the other or wants to see how this upcoming season plays out before coming to any decisions.
And bogdan, I hope you are not representing too many New Yorkers because your posts are pretty idiotic and offensive to Clevelanders/Ohio citizens overall.

Bashna
09-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Jesus Christ.

Give it up for now

Lol, says the kobe fan...Ironic...

JNA17
09-20-2009, 11:23 PM
it's all bull crap until we see the contract signed.

SDBearsFan
09-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Stupid article, stupid thread.

What, you think Lebron is going to sign autographs and say, "Naw, I'm not going to resign!"

Stupid.

NYtilIdie
09-20-2009, 11:52 PM
And Hedo verbally committed to Portland a few days later he became a Toronto Raptor.

Goes to show how much verbal commitment means in the NBA.

Until he signs an extension I still feel theres a chance he comes to NY or somewhere else.

ccspence8
09-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Sounds like Johnny Damon

ccspence8
09-20-2009, 11:57 PM

Surprised Nike didn't confiscate this lmao