PDA

View Full Version : If the Pistons wouldn't have traded Billups

Reddd
09-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Here's the question.
If the Pistons wouldn't have traded Chauncey Billups for A.I and would have pushed Stuckey's starting season a year forward, would've they gone all the way in the ECF, or perhaps Finals and maybe even win it, considering that the 08-09 season was practically the last season that they could've made something happen with their old core?
I'd say they would have at least made it to the ECF, cause basically, keeping Billups for one more year means that they would've gone all out that season.

BlondeBomber41
09-19-2009, 01:47 PM
No, that team needed to be broken up. Couldnt hang with the best regardless.

blazerman
09-19-2009, 02:11 PM
2nd rd at best, Orlando,Boston and Cleveland would have taking that team out. Might have gotten by Atlanta but I doubt it.

kswissdaf
09-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Theres a reason why they traded him the front office knew there werent going to win anything so they made the trade for cap reasons

ManRam
09-19-2009, 02:45 PM
They wouldn't have gone very far. That group just wasn't the same as they were a few years back. They needed to make a move. They got a lot of cap freedom, which allowed them to sign two quality players. They are better off now by making that trade.

Ty Fast
09-19-2009, 02:48 PM
They could have won a title. It would have been a long shot, but not impossible. The pervious year when Boston won the title they gave them a run and that was with KG healthy. Also with Billups Detroit knocked Orlando out of the playoffs two years in a row, and back in 2004 Billups beat a way better L.A Lakers than their 2009 championship team to win the championship and finals MVP. Now I know a lot has changed since then, like Ben Wallace’s and Larry Brown’s departure, but who knows.

JordansBulls
09-19-2009, 02:48 PM
No, that team needed to be broken up. Couldnt hang with the best regardless.

:nod:

JWO35
09-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Maybe...we will never know. We could have made some noise in the Playoffs, seeing that we went to the Eastern Conference Finals 6 straight times. I think we would have at least made it to the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals

AirJordanXVIII
09-19-2009, 03:30 PM
They prob would have been 4th seed, beat the Hawks or Heat 1st round, and probably wouldnt have lost to the Celts in the 2nd round. I cant see them getting to the ECF unless they got lucky.

BlondeBomber41
09-19-2009, 03:58 PM
They prob would have been 4th seed, beat the Hawks or Heat 1st round, and probably wouldnt have lost to the Celts in the 2nd round. I cant see them getting to the ECF unless they got lucky.

Your statement contradicts itself.

You say they would be the 4th seed and beat ATL or MIA.

Then you say they probably would of beat the Celtics in the second round.

So by those two statements you are saying they most likely would of made the ECF.

THEN you say that you couldnt see them making the ECF unless they got lucky?

Strumpy
09-19-2009, 04:10 PM
I agree with previous posts, the team did need a new look.
Now what if they had traded Sheed or Prince for another low post player? Would they haven't gotten far?

MackSnackWrap
09-19-2009, 04:15 PM
2nd round max