PDA

View Full Version : Raptors UNDERATED!!!???

sens#11fan
09-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Most sites for example espn.Are ranking the toronto raptors 10th in the east.After all they did this off-season there ranked 10th.Are they underated?

AllTheWay
09-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Overrated

MackSnackWrap
09-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Overrated

WTF being ranked 10th is definitely underated, how does that make them overated?

smith&wesson
09-17-2009, 09:35 PM
yes they are underated with the amount of depth they added.

but thats fine, similar to the season before last where they finished 4th they will coast under the radar.

mikantsass
09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Well underrated at 10. More like 7 or 8

smith&wesson
09-17-2009, 09:45 PM
=mikantsass;10857176]Well underrated at 10. More like 7 or 8

:crazy: ^^ this guys been :drunk:

BluejaysFan08
09-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Im a Raps fan, but man there are so many top 10 threads about them on here being over and under rated. Lets just let there play do the talking boys.

29$JerZ
09-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Calderon
Derozan
Turkoglu
Bosh
Bargnani

Not a bad starting lineup at all, but that's not exactly a dominant team either.

ManRam
09-17-2009, 09:50 PM
I guess they are underrated elsewhere, but here, they are insanely overrated.

I think anywhere from 4th to 9th is where they finish.

MrFastBreak
09-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Most sites for example espn.Are ranking the toronto raptors 10th in the east.After all they did this off-season there ranked 10th.Are they underated?

No.

Wiz kids
09-17-2009, 09:52 PM
WTF UNDERRATED? How about just right.

lorenz00
09-17-2009, 09:59 PM
defnitly underrated but btw my 1000 post yay

aman_13
09-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Guys before you make your judgement, we are talking about outside of prosportsdaily. If your going to base your judgement on the playoff polls that were made on this site, then this thread should be closed.

bbcmillionaire
09-17-2009, 10:05 PM
overrated by fans

Raph12
09-17-2009, 10:12 PM
TO fans think they are a 4th seed team and some believe they are better than Orlando, so in respect to their fans' choice, they are overrated.

Some of the "so-called" experts are ranking them 9th and 10th in the East, IMO 9th is a good estimate for an unpredictable Raps team. If they finish 8th or better this season, then in the 2010 offseason you can rank them higher, but for a team who underachieved all season long, ranking them any higher than 7th is just immature.

deuces
09-17-2009, 10:23 PM
the raps will finish higher than 10 for sure, i'm a raps fan so i may be a little biased, but come on guys, the 05-06 team one 27 games that year, then the next year they won the atlantic with 47 wins, they turned it around in one season before so they can do it again

ko8e24
09-17-2009, 10:27 PM
overrated.

Free Chris Bosh! Free Chris Bosh! Free Chris Bosh! Free Chris Bosh! Free Chris Bosh!

come back to the states!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

jk

but no, seriously, they overrated

Kyben36
09-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Both over and underated, if that makes sense. They are underated because they have the tallent to be a very good team, they are overated because they didnt even make the playoffs last year, in fact, they where the 9th worst team in the league.

I think though, that they are overated, even though they do have some tallent on offense, They are very very very soft on the inside, and on D. Neither Bosh Nor Bargs can posibly be an intimidating factor on D, And I think thats why they are overated.

BkOriginalOne
09-17-2009, 10:37 PM
There a 50 win team. A second round knockot in the east.
I bet them and the Wizards are going to go at it.

B-Ray
09-17-2009, 11:37 PM
we really won't know until the season starts and they play some games.
there's really no need to argue this now because anyones prediction may be right.

Gibby
09-17-2009, 11:57 PM
PSD polls had them making the ECF, so overated but the experts are underating them.

Tdots-Guido
09-17-2009, 11:58 PM
TO fans think they are a 4th seed team and some believe they are better than Orlando, so in respect to their fans' choice, they are overrated.

Some of the "so-called" experts are ranking them 9th and 10th in the East, IMO 9th is a good estimate for an unpredictable Raps team. If they finish 8th or better this season, then in the 2010 offseason you can rank them higher, but for a team who underachieved all season long, ranking them any higher than 7th is just immature.

Just out of curiosity how do you think the wizards will do this year?

On this website the raptors are completely over rated. I myself am a huge raptors fan and cannot agree with what ESPN and the experts say. From the team last year we have only kept 3 of our players. I think if the players gel and can form some kind of chemistry we can definatly make some noise in the east this year and hopefully out of the second round.

AllTheWay
09-18-2009, 01:13 AM
The Raptors could very well be the worst defensive team in the league, which is why I think they are overrated.

Rocktober2009
09-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Probably 9th or 10th. If things go great they might get the 8th seed in the east.

Paulliwali
09-18-2009, 01:49 AM
It is hard to say since they are so unpredictable and inconsistent, I guess borderline 8th seed...

jasondrobinson
09-18-2009, 01:51 AM

hit the nail on the head my friend. theyve actually undergone such a major overhaul this summer that its hard to over rate or under rate them, they're a question mark

clutchski
09-18-2009, 02:21 AM

Good estimate haha, seriously the east could end up with a lot of different possibilities..including one of the top 3 dropping to the 4th seed, although damn unlikely.

WTF UNDERRATED? How about just right.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

defnitly underrated but btw my 1000 post yay

Wicked man! I'm making my 1000 a long *** post.

Ty Fast
09-18-2009, 03:01 AM
The Raptors could very well be the worst defensive team in the league, which is why I think they are overrated.

Totally agreed.

Ty Fast
09-18-2009, 03:02 AM
by the way the picture in the top left is chris bosh in a bulls jersey

GAWDtv
09-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Check my post, I've been telling OUR fans OUR backcourt is weak and unproven. My fellow Toronto Fans hated on me when I said they will be fighting for a playoff birth, claiming how I don't know what I'm talking about. Now the experts are wieghing in and I am spot on.

No matter what you think about him AI would have helped us however the media demonized him, the sheep bought the doctrine and preached it on PSD like scripture. We still need a all-star guard and sorry Jose is not that good. I love Toronto but from the Wolves eyes they are easy prey compared to the other 29 teams. I blame the sheperd, this season will cost BC his job as the expectations seem to be impossible to obtain with such an OVERRATED line-up.:facepalm:

P.S. Don't let me get started on the Coach...

jmastert
09-18-2009, 08:38 AM
raptors suck plain and simple

Ray_R
09-18-2009, 09:09 AM
They need a dominant Center for Turk to live up to their contract i believe there 6-8

mjt20mik
09-18-2009, 09:19 AM

Says the New Jersey Nets fan.

The Raptors, after last season, have to earn the respect of everyone in the league. Analysts have no reason to put them in higher standing especially after the "hype" of last season with the acquisition of Jermaine O'Neal. So, even though they have made an effort to add depth, and fill some voids, they still need to show what they are capable of on the court.

BTW I'm a Raps Fan.

miller74
09-18-2009, 09:25 AM

nets are the biggest joke in the league

Super.
09-18-2009, 09:51 AM

Exactly

x2

king4day
09-18-2009, 10:08 AM
I'd put them anywhere from 6-10. It's not that they're not talented, it's that there's a ton of teams that will likely be just as good (Philly, Charlotte, Chicago).

king4day
09-18-2009, 10:09 AM
nets are the biggest joke in the league

Nets have one of the best young cores in the league. I'll take that joke any day of the week.

nba~GURU~
09-18-2009, 03:37 PM
by the way the picture in the top left is chris bosh in a bulls jersey

feel free to tell us what other dreams you might be having

nba~GURU~
09-18-2009, 03:40 PM
lol wtf? its the second biggest country in the world and america's number one trading partner but still no one cares.. your probably american so i'll forgive ur arogance its not your fault your mind is so limited and priminal ... by the way the spelling is "they're" im pretty sure the spelling is the same in USA and canada even though "canada doesnt count"

GeekInThePink
09-18-2009, 04:10 PM
The Raptors should finish between 4-8 in my opinion, they added a legitimate SF in Turks and drafted a solid SG/SF in DeRozan and improved they're bench dramtically. If Bargnani plays the way he played in the second half of the season the Raps should be at least make it to the second round.

dtmagnet
09-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Considering we won 33 games last year, and have 11 new players on the roster I don't think anyone knows what to expect.

Legitimate
09-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Plain and simple. We won 33 win games last year even after what our team went through. We had the worst back up pg's last year to the best back-up pg this year. Hedo was Magics 2nd option 2 years ago when they won 52 wins, also their 3rd option last year. Dudes going to make our offensive 2 times better, u can count on that. Sure we lost Marion, but all we lost was 2rpg and a bit of defense, like losing 1 defender isn't as big as they think it is, 1 player can do only so much..it all starts in team defense, we have more defenders all-around this year.

Raidaz4Life
09-18-2009, 04:19 PM

This

I find it humorous ESPN ranks them 10 yet most people here place them right after the big 3 so obviously ESPN underrates them but most fans severely overrate them.

DetroitRipCity
09-18-2009, 04:20 PM

great post

koberulesall
09-18-2009, 04:21 PM
yeah im sure they will suck balls

Bob_at_york
09-18-2009, 04:27 PM
hit the nail on the head my friend. theyve actually undergone such a major overhaul this summer that its hard to over rate or under rate them, they're a question mark

exactly my thinking. They have nine new players, only three players from a calendar year ago. We have no idea how they will mesh or if they will end up meshing. I really think people should relax and wait to see how the next couple of months go.

Legitimate
09-18-2009, 04:28 PM
The raps are nothing short of 40 wins. They're always biased towards Canadians, it's just so ridiculous sometimes. Rating the raps 10th in the nba is just so laughable. Like seriously, atleast rate them 7th or 8th haha. Hedo was a big part of Orlandos past success, why won't he bring that success to the raps and put them back in the playoff picture? i'm telin u..a line up of Jose, Wright, Hedo, Bosh, Bargnani would not make the playoffs? it's the least that they can do. You think Bosh would let that happen? even after the additions of a ton of low risk- high reward type players this year??

Wright, Derozan, Belinelli, Jack, Amir, Evans, Rasho, Turk.

pebloemer
09-18-2009, 04:31 PM

This post is irritating for a few reasons.

First off: Not all TO fans believe the team is a 4th seed team, in fact there is a very sizeable of TO fans on this site who don't believe that. And I can't even imagine the miniscule amount of TO fans that would actually think Toronto is better than Orlando. Your statement is a huge generalization.

Secondly, you make some very good points, that I agree with, but you do so in such an arrogant way. To say it is "immature" for someone to think that the Raptor's are above 7th seed is pretty ignorant.

Last year Miami and Chicago missed the playoffs entirely. Was it immature in the off-season to suggest that after the moves they made, and a renewed sense of health among the team that they could jump back into the middle of the playoff picture?

Washington used to be a top Eastern Conference team and they have only gotten better on paper. Is it immature to suggest they could be over a 7th seed as well?

Last year, the Raptor's had a season full of so much instability (Jose's injury, JO's frequent injuries, Mitchell getting canned, very large mid-season trade, poor depth at PG position). They also had a terrible first 3 months from Bargnani and poor chemistry with the newest member of the team who demanded a lot of shots. They team actually ended up finishing very strong while when they were healthy, and Bargnani finished the last 4 months of the season in fine form (which is a new progression).

They may be unpredictable, but the unpredictability has a context, which is completely ignored in the surface level analysis of things. With all the off-season additions, the new coaching staff, a full training camp, the team could certainly jump back into the middle of the playoff picture.

Every season carries a context for every team in the NBA. A big part of Washington's context the past two years have been injuries.

Miami two years ago was a season that was injury filled as well.

Is it unreasonable to suggest that the teams can bounce back when healthy? Is it immature to think that after reading report after report that Wade was healthy, or that Arenas was healthy, that they will be reasonable healthy when the season starts?

Last season was full of unpredictability, so I can certainly see why the Raptor's are still flooded with question marks. I have a few of my own. But if people think that the Raptor's question marks are better answered than Washington's or Miami's, then I certainly don't think it is immature of them to think so.

blazerman
09-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Ratings only are educated guesses nothing more, dont even worry about where people rate them. Nobody really knows how well they'll mess this yr and they might end up way higher.

Look at last yr 90% of predictions had the Blazers at 48 to 50 wins and an 8th seed at best. I said they would win the division and win 54 games and was told many a times that I was overrating them. I knew better and they were co champs and actually won 54 games so just let them do their talking on the court. Im sure a 5 or 6 seed is very possible.

clutchski
09-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Considering we won 33 games last year, and have 11 new players on the roster I don't think anyone knows what to expect.

Pretty much sums it up right there, I'm feeling cautious optimism.

yeah im sure they will suck balls

oh my it's Chris Webber!

azkarraga
09-18-2009, 05:06 PM
it's hard not to be underrated after last season... let's wait and see if, after all the new additions to their roster, their chemistry is ok.

yungballah15
09-18-2009, 05:19 PM
they can be overrated because of the record they had this year, and underrated because they still have the core 3 players so they can be underrated, and a bargnani who is very well growing into a great role player, and added a piece that can make everyone else around him better, and added a bench that can play d and bring toughness, but really only time will tell, my guess is that raptors will be get either the 4 5 our 6 seed.

Chronz
09-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Honestly theyre either going to be a pleasant surprise and be insanely good offensively, or they will be really bad, like as bad as last year. I dont see any middle ground for them so in that respect 10th is a good ranking.

SA5195
09-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Alot of people are going with wins and loses and everything, and saying they'll be in the 9th or 8th seed. Like WTF look at Boston they had the worst record or something, one year later they won the championship, its all about the players not about the past seasons. And whoever said Canada's not a real country and ****, you better take it back cause a Canadian man actually invented a basketball.

dtmagnet
09-18-2009, 10:22 PM
It from South Park the movie, the song "blame Canada"

RaptorsFanatic
09-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Raptors + PSD Threads = Going nowhere, and pointless.

I am so tired of people making threads about my team this offseason. Honestly, if you, whether Raptors fans or any other, want to make thread regarding the Raptors please rethink because I have mostly heard negativity around them. I am pretty sure all of us would feel bad if your team is not respected with your fellow PSDers, and making threads that you know will cause this doesnt make sense to me.

We have already degraded ourselves on this forum from votes, polls, stupid posts, and opinions that are farfetched. I don't think we should embarass ourselves anymore and just LET THE SEASON PLAY OUT.

Note to Raptors Fans: Being a Raptor fan myself, if ya'll want to hear harsh criticism about your squad, be my guest, please keep on making these threads, you will only make yourself look a like a dumbass over and over and over again.

SA5195
09-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Its still kinda funny how when people talk about the Raps, they talk about Canada..which is kinda dumb, this thread is about the Raps, not Canada!

RaptorizedKevin
09-19-2009, 10:11 AM
if the raps somehow beat the cavs, that would say alot, and alot of people would feel dry if that happend. hopefully it does. let people hate the raps, dont care. if yu hate/love the raps , doesnt matter. waht matters is how they produce this season. preduce as in wins. but just remember, if yu dont have soemthign nice to say, just it to ur effing self

jm413
09-19-2009, 10:29 AM
yea...unless the raptors can prove they even belong in the playoff, they will remain underrated

mitch91
09-19-2009, 10:29 AM
noway they are underrated, espically here on psd! toronto fans on here mark out about the team every second! ten is maybe to low

Sports Illustrator
09-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Fans are underrating them because of the type of season they had last year. They should be entering the playoffs this season though. They have so much talent on that team. The acquisition of Hedo Turkoglu should really help that team a lot.

FlakeyFool
09-19-2009, 10:52 AM
this better be the year the raptors make some noise

Nadhi1
09-19-2009, 11:26 AM
this better be the year the raptors make some noise

im thinking the same

JOSKOMANG4
09-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Colangelo has been a busy man this offseason. With additions Turk & Jack.. along with some trades to bring in some valuable assets off the bench.. I have the Raptors as the 5TH BEST TEAM IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE!

1. Magic
2. Cavaliers
3. Celtics
4. Hawks
5. Raptors
6. Pistons
7. Wizards
8. Heat

Unless the Bobcats make a big trade, they'll be on the chop block and watching the NBA playoffs. Btw.. Bulls losing Ben Gordon this offseason was BIGGGGGGG.. w/o acquiring Boozer, they'll be on the outside looking in. Same for the Sixers.. Andre Miller was a big CRUCIAL LOSSS.. Sorry Sixers better luck in 2010-2011.

So anyways.. Raptors as the 5th seed.. Raptors vs Hawks will be a great 1st round series.

Another bold prediction! : Both CHris Bosh and Dwayne Wade will be on the Chicago Bulls next season!

jdricks
09-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Lets just say Marco Bellinelli will start off the season as the starting 2 guard at the beginning of the year. Derozan will eventually win the job though. There offensive team is very good and the style of play is similiar to that of the Suns, Warriors. and every other team that thinks it can run and gun. Defensively they have noone on the team that has a remote commitment to defense. Lets not be crazy they are a high scoring team but how many games will you win out scoring your opponent?

JWO35
09-19-2009, 11:57 AM
People will be so disappointed.... :facepalm:

Bob_at_york
09-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Colangelo has been a busy man this offseason. With additions Turk & Jack.. along with some trades to bring in some valuable assets off the bench.. I have the Raptors as the 5TH BEST TEAM IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE!

1. Magic
2. Cavaliers
3. Celtics
4. Hawks
5. Raptors
6. Pistons
7. Wizards
8. Heat

you think Piston will be sixth? I don't see it.

Defensively they have noone on the team that has a remote commitment to defense.
I disagree I think Wright, Jack and Reggie Evans have a great commitment on the defensive end of the floor. Mind you they might all be bench players but it is something they have tried to address.

J-Relo
09-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Toronto Raptors - 08/09 >

33w 49l (13th seed in the East)
While the most impactful players played most of the season: Bosh (77), Bargnani (78), Calderon (68). So what's the excuse?

Toronto Raptors - 09/10 >

Added: Turkoglu, Jack, Belinelli, Evans, Antoine Wright, Nesterovic, Amir Johnson, Derozan.
Lost: Marion, Anthony Parker, Jason Kapono, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Ukic & Humphries.

They definitely upgraded. But not that much. We can compare all the players and we might get the difference, but it comes to Derozan, if he actually can prove all the expectations of Raptors fans then they are a good playoff team (possibly top 4-5).

I think, this season they will get to the playoffs even without Derozan, so anyone that puts Raptors lower than 8 seed is underrating them, as lower it goes as more underrated they are...

ink
09-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Toronto Raptors - 08/09 >

33w 49l (13th seed in the East)
While the most impactful players played most of the season: Bosh (77), Bargnani (78), Calderon (68). So what's the excuse?

Calderon played through a hamstring injury for most of those 68 games which meant that the Raps were more of a defensive sieve than ever before. They had zero perimeter defence, no backup PG, and zero depth off the bench. They rolled the dice on the JO trade and lost a lot of depth because of that move. Fortunately, Colangelo leveraged the cap room into some really creative deals and picked up a range of good talent to upgrade the team.

Last year other teams were able to run up the score on the bench especially and the starters had to try to come back from a deficit every single game. You can only do that so often without fatiguing and without losing hope of winning. A lot of those problems have been addressed if not fully solved. I don't think there's any doubt at all that the Raptors are an improved team. As for being under-rated, who cares? It's just the media and fans on the internet. Keep it in perspective. They have no influence on the play on the court. Completely meaningless and not worth worrying about.

Ty Fast
09-19-2009, 01:50 PM
feel free to tell us what other dreams you might be having

i hope we sign wade, lebron, bosh, and get mj to coach our team. just joking, but i am serious about getting wade