PDA

View Full Version : Umpires....

uwish1127
09-16-2009, 11:27 PM
I just watched Nick Gree walk in a run with the bases loaded to tie the Angels and the they get a game winning hit from Alex Gonzalez. Nick Green deffinitly no doubt struck out looking, and the umpire screwed up, to me as a Yankee fan I could care less about either team, but the Angels should of won the game, but it seems like Umpires over the past few years make more and more of the dummest decissions. Thats part of baseball but Im sorry if I was the home plate umpire tonight I would of been able to tell that pitch was clearly strike 3 looking. What else is new. But good job by Gonzalez to get that hit:horse::horse:

Tragedy
09-16-2009, 11:28 PM
It was Nick Green.

Regardless, the umpire making a human error is, was, and will always be a big part of the game. It sucks that it can't be perfect, but that's the baseball of baseball that we love. There are MANY class or non calls on strikes and balls that are incorrect. It happens..And sometimes it happens in bigger situations.

TheGiantYankee
09-16-2009, 11:32 PM
That was one of the worst strike/ball calls this year you add in the situation and it gets even worse

I understand Human Error but you can't miss that

Boston-Born
09-16-2009, 11:35 PM
From my angle the call looked great...;)

Tragedy
09-16-2009, 11:36 PM
That was one of the worst strike/ball calls this year you add in the situation and it gets even worse

I understand Human Error but you can't miss that
If you understand human error, then you can understand how a call gets missed.

This was a bad call, but THE worst of the ENTIRE year? I think that's a little over the top. It's mainly an overreaction to the fact that it brought in the tying run. Go look at every pitch this year and you'll find plenty equally as bad, and some of them that directly lead to a team gaining an important run.

BTownTeamsRKing
09-16-2009, 11:36 PM
haha with the awful luck we been having with calls in Boston, I'll take it.

lets put it this way. i saw the pitch and turned around said damn it, it was right down the middle.

fresh prince
09-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Umps handed the game to the Sox plain and simple.. the Angels left an ungodly amount of men on base and the game shouldn't have even been that close..

But Nick Green struck out twice..! once on the check swing and then on a 3-2 pitch with the game on the line on a pitch right down the middle!

That just cant happen..... Black mark on the game

Tragedy
09-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Umps handed the game to the Sox plain and simple.. the Angels left an ungodly amount of men on base and the game shouldn't have even been that close..

But Nick Green struck out twice..! once on the check swing and then on a 3-2 pitch with the game on the line on a pitch right down the middle!

That just cant happen..... Black mark on the game
Last part = HUGE exaggeration.

You say the umps handed the Sox the game..Yet the Angels left an ungodly amount of men on base..?

uwish1127
09-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Thats even worse, to Nick Green a guy who can't hit a pitch coming 10mph at him human errors made but way too often in this game

fresh prince
09-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Last part = HUGE exaggeration.

You say the umps handed the Sox the game..Yet the Angels left an ungodly amount of men on base..?

Yea works both ways.. Having played my whole life including with Jacoby at Oregon State.. The player in me would say to any teammate b*tching about losing the game that we should have executed the 1st and 3rd in the 8th with no body out or the other bases loaded situation in the 5th and the umps would have been a non issue.

The Angel fan in me says regardless of the mishaps..Nick Green struck out twice in the same at bat with 2 blatant no calls. If the umps make either one of those (correct) calls then the games over. and Angels win end of story..

The ball was right down the middle of the plate!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9786/screenshot20090916at823.png

So it goes both ways

S.P.
09-16-2009, 11:53 PM
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/68/1174952344_1.jpg

Sox4Lyfe
09-16-2009, 11:59 PM
I actually agree. I think it was one of the worst calls of the year. The ball was literally right down the middle....SLIGHTLY lower than dead center.

That being said, for some reason ball/strike calls all year have been pretty bad, especially at Fenway it seems. It sucks for the Angels and for Angel fans that it was at such a crappy time in the game...but I'll take it!

Havoc Wreaker
09-17-2009, 12:01 AM
I just watched JD Drew(I think) walk in a run with the bases loaded to tie the Angels and the they get a game winning hit from Alex Gonzalez. Nick Green deffinitly no doubt struck out looking, and the umpire screwed up, to me as a Yankee fan I could care less about either team, but the Angels should of won the game, but it seems like Umpires over the past few years make more and more of the dummest decissions. Thats part of baseball but Im sorry if I was the home plate umpire tonight I would of been able to tell that pitch was clearly strike 3 looking. What else is new. But good job by Gonzalez to get that hit:horse::horse:

Ok Stop....Read that bolded part, now ask yourself, If I could care less about either team, why did I make this thread?

fresh prince
09-17-2009, 12:06 AM
I actually agree. I think it was one of the worst calls of the year. The ball was literally right down the middle....SLIGHTLY lower than dead center.

That being said, for some reason ball/strike calls all year have been pretty bad, especially at Fenway it seems. It sucks for the Angels and for Angel fans that it was at such a crappy time in the game...but I'll take it!

Yea take the win now Sox fans.. Karma is a ******

Before tonight's shenanigans happen I thought we (The Angels) would lose if we met the Sox in the Post SEASON..But now I'm not so sure..

I have a weird suspicion that the Angels will get the last laugh.

Ehhh come to think of we'll still probably lose if we do meet up. As long as Siossa leaves Vlad in the 4th spot to choke 100% of the time in the clutch.

koldjerky
09-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Ok Stop....Read that bolded part, now ask yourself, If I could care less about either team, why did I make this thread?

Being a fan of the game. I really don't care about the teams either but any blown call like this is horseshit. It's called seeing it as it is. I'm usually a guy that will flip **** when my team is on the losing end of a bad call and I'll acknowledge a bad call made in favor of my team.

I agree, human error is part of the game, but stuff like this, no matter how uncommon it may be, should be addressed.

CraigtheSoxFan
09-17-2009, 12:15 AM
this thread is a bunch of Bleep! im so sick of you boston haters! you know what we call them in beantown? Hypocrites! god i hope this thread gets closed! im sick of this

Sox4Lyfe
09-17-2009, 12:26 AM

Before tonight's shenanigans happen I thought we (The Angels) would lose if we met the Sox in the Post SEASON..But now I'm not so sure..

Ehhh come to think of we'll still probably lose if we do meet up. As long as Siossa leaves Vlad in the 4th spot to choke 100% of the time in the clutch.

Some umpires blown call changed your outlook on the season? :confused:

We have just outplayed the Angels this year. You should have won tonight, no doubt. But it wasn't going to be easy. Your closer can't get anyone out, the bullpen has been very shaky of late, and tonight the defense was awful (minus the GREAT play by Figgy in the 9th).

Sox4Lyfe
09-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Yea works both ways.. Having played my whole life including with Jacoby at Oregon State.. The player in me would say to any teammate b*tching about losing the game that we should have executed the 1st and 3rd in the 8th with no body out or the other bases loaded situation in the 5th and the umps would have been a non issue.

The Angel fan in me says regardless of the mishaps..Nick Green struck out twice in the same at bat with 2 blatant no calls. If the umps make either one of those (correct) calls then the games over. and Angels win end of story..

The ball was right down the middle of the plate!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9786/screenshot20090916at823.png

So it goes both ways

I said (before you did) that the pitch was right down the middle. It was, and that was a blatantly bad call. But lets not get out of control here. The check swing was borderline at best. Could definitely have gone either way, but calling it a blatant no call is a little bit of --->:cry:

fresh prince
09-17-2009, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't say you've out played us. What's the series tied now after the gift win tonight? And as we saw last yer when we took 8 of 9..from the Sox. The REG SEASON MEANS NOTHING.

That wasn't a great play by Figgy..If he would have gloved it and got an out it would have been a great play.. Hes made that play several time this year.

Knocking that ball down is just standard baseball.. Is what your taught in little league.

You are 199% correct about Fuentes..He's not top closer material.

* I've rode with the guy all year but tonight really showed me a lot.. The Papi at bat was the indication that this guy should not close if we make the post season.. Up by one run with 2 outs!!!! and you pitch around the guy (hitting .234) with 4 sliders?

To not challenge him once with a fastball and put the tying run on base is not a good sign from a closer.Your closer should be able to challenge the guy and make him hit his way on base..Not walk him and set up the W for the home team! If he takes you deep to tie the game you tip your hat.. and try to get the next guy to send the game to extras.. The walk was like putting blood in the water for the Sox.. It screams this guy is scared!!

Pavelb1
09-17-2009, 12:40 AM
haha with the awful luck we been having with calls in Boston, I'll take it.

lets put it this way. i saw the pitch and turned around said damn it, it was right down the middle.

Same. I looked down and "Nick..."

Havoc Wreaker
09-17-2009, 12:45 AM
Being a fan of the game. I really don't care about the teams either but any blown call like this is horseshit. It's called seeing it as it is. I'm usually a guy that will flip **** when my team is on the losing end of a bad call and I'll acknowledge a bad call made in favor of my team.

I agree, human error is part of the game, but stuff like this, no matter how uncommon it may be, should be addressed.
Yes, bad calls piss people off.

Yes I go crazy when it goes against the Phils.

Yes I'll acknowledge when a bad call was made even if it was in favor of my team.

But the dude is a Yankees fan and he made this thread :rolleyes: If this was the Padres-DBacks game earlier today, would he make the thread? I don't think so

Sox4Lyfe
09-17-2009, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't say you've out played us. What's the series tied now after the gift win tonight? And as we saw last yer when we took 8 of 9..from the Sox. The REG SEASON MEANS NOTHING.

That wasn't a great play by Figgy..If he would have gloved it and got an out it would have been a great play.. Hes made that play several time this year.

Knocking that ball down is just standard baseball.. Is what your taught in little league.

You are 199% correct about Fuentes..He's not top closer material.

* I've rode with the guy all year but tonight really showed me a lot.. The Papi at bat was the indication that this guy should not close if we make the post season.. Up by one run with 2 outs!!!! and you pitch around the guy (hitting .234) with 4 sliders?

To not challenge him once with a fastball and put the tying run on base is not a good sign from a closer.Your closer should be able to challenge the guy and make him hit his way on base..Not walk him and set up the W for the home team! If he takes you deep to tie the game you tip your hat.. and try to get the next guy to send the game to extras.. The walk was like putting blood in the water for the Sox.. It screams this guy is scared!!

Well a couple things here. I agree that the regular season means nothing, we have shown that in the playoffs against you guys for a few years now. However, you need to use the time to figure out how you play and match up with other contending teams, and you guys have to be scared with the pen and especially your closer.

Next, just because he makes that a lot doesn't mean its NOT a great play. It was. A lot of third baseman in the league don't make that play. Its not like he was right on the line. He had to range way to his right, and still barely got to it with a full dive. It was a great play, and if he doesn't make it, the game may end right there.

...and finally....they don't teach you to play off the line, lay out to your right with full extension, and save the game (albeit temporarily) with your diving stab...:eyebrow: That play was great.

VenezuelanMet
09-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Robot Umpires 2010 :pray:

fresh prince
09-17-2009, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=Sox4Lyfe;10851428][B]Some umpires blown call changed your outlook on the season? :confused:[/]

Its always things like this that turn a season..Every WINNING team (in any sport) I've played on has had a moment like this whether it be a fight..a tough loss..a big win.. whatever the case maybe that after the season we could look back on as the turning point for..

I was on and around back to back College World Series winning teams at Oregon State and both teams had seemingly insignificant moments that led to those runs..

Lets see what happens with the Angels....

N.Z's #1 Dodger
09-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Lets be honest. At Fenway, the Red Sox get those calls.

N.Z's #1 Dodger
09-17-2009, 12:52 AM
this thread is a bunch of Bleep! im so sick of you boston haters! you know what we call them in beantown? Hypocrites! god i hope this thread gets closed! im sick of this

Don't get upset roid rage. It's a good thing. Because of your crowds you get favorable decisions. No need to get upset and think everyone is attacking your team. Just goes to show how much pressure a Fenway crowd can put on people. You should be proud of your fellow Boston fans.

Umpires however, have to man up.

Tragedy
09-17-2009, 12:54 AM
I don't think that's fair at all. I refuse to believe some conspiracy in which the Red Sox get the benefit of the doubt. If that were the case, why would they only get the benefit during home games? Why not on the road? It's not like Fenway has set umpires..

Sox4Lyfe
09-17-2009, 12:56 AM
[QUOTE=Sox4Lyfe;10851428][B]Some umpires blown call changed your outlook on the season? :confused:[/]

Its always things like this that turn a season..Every WINNING team (in any sport) I've played on has had a moment like this whether it be a fight..a tough loss..a big win.. whatever the case maybe that after the season we could look back on as the turning point for..

I was on and around back to back College World Series winning teams at Oregon State and both teams had seemingly insignificant moments that led to those runs..

Lets see what happens with the Angels....

I only played in high school, I have zero collegiate or pro experience with the game. I played college basketball though, and I know what you mean. And I think that maybe you could be right, but in this specific situation, it seems like the playoff history between the teams might outweigh the little bit of extra motivation from this game.

I could be wrong though. Is the mental part of not being able to beat the Sox in the playoffs bigger or lesser than what this game does to them.

We'll get to see if it has any impact tomorrow, at the very least...

Man, the calls have been going against us a TON at Fenway this year. Like I said earlier, the umpiring at Fenway this year has just been awful in general.

fresh prince
09-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Well a couple things here. I agree that the regular season means nothing, we have shown that in the playoffs against you guys for a few years now. However, you need to use the time to figure out how you play and match up with other contending teams, and you guys have to be scared with the pen and especially your closer.

Next, just because he makes that a lot doesn't mean its NOT a great play. It was. A lot of third baseman in the league don't make that play. Its not like he was right on the line. He had to range way to his right, and still barely got to it with a full dive. It was a great play, and if he doesn't make it, the game may end right there.

...and finally....they don't teach you to play off the line, lay out to your right with full extension, and save the game (albeit temporarily) with your diving stab...:eyebrow: That play was great.

Hahaa.. True..They just tell you to knock it down..

If you ask Figgy if that was a great play I guarantee you he says what I said. A great play would have been getting the out.. But If you feel it was great then that's cool..

For me knocking that ball down is whats expected of a gold glove caliber 3rd baseman who's been shaky picking throws the last 2 nights. Of which Both plays led to L's.

Its the least he could do.

I expect their to be some shakeup with the closer situation. Sciossa already had a closed door with Fuentes last week so tonight's scardy cat performance may have sealed the deal. WE'll see

At any rate if we do meet the series should be a good one... and as an objective fan I still expect to lose.. But tonights game actually gives me more optimism for winning the series cause ive seen these kinda games have the opposite effect first hand.

Just keeping it real..

spl3nda
09-17-2009, 12:59 AM

dude, for each red sox hater in this world, there are 10 yankees haters. the red sox haters are always yankees fans, but the yankees haters come in all shapes, colors, and logos.

either way, who cares, bad calls happen all the time. it sucks for angels fans, and i'd obviously rather the sox to lose too, but the angels had plenty of opportunities to win that game.

man i can't wait for the playoffs.

fresh prince
09-17-2009, 01:06 AM
I don't think that's fair at all. I refuse to believe some conspiracy in which the Red Sox get the benefit of the doubt. If that were the case, why would they only get the benefit during home games? Why not on the road? It's not like Fenway has set umpires..

Umps are human.... They are scared to make the correct call to end the game for the impending boos..cat calls and drama that will ensue.. So They freeze up

The fans being so close to the field at Fenway gives you guys the biggest home field advantage in baseball.. Border line calls will always go the Sox way at home...

Lets face it... most umps are middle aged fat dudes so I doubt the self esteem is super high to begin with.. It takes a self assured person to step up make the correct call and then have the cahones to face the adverse situation that's bound to ensue..

I don't think most umps fit that mold.

N.Z's #1 Dodger
09-17-2009, 01:06 AM

No it's not a conspiracy. And I'm not saying it's a negative. How many games has Fenway sold out in a row? 520 or so? And how vocal are they? One of the loudest most passionate fans in all of the MLB. I'm just saying if it's a 50/50 call, with a crowd like that and the pressure on the umpire the Red Sox get a slight edge. Can I prove this? No. But it makes sense. Most home teams would get the same little advantage. It may not be deliberate, but it happens and with the Red Sox home crowd there is a little added pressure.

Think about it from another point-of-view, an opposing fans perspective. In the whole country, what teams get the most national exposure? What games get dissected the most by the ESPN hacks? Red Sox and Yankees, and it's been known for years that the Yankees get favorable decisions. Would you like to be the umpire getting ripped for a wrong call against the mighty Sox? No. You want to make the right call, but if it's 50/50 between the Sox or a team nobody gives a crap about like the Angels, I would lean towards the Sox and I'm thinking even a professional umpire would.

Can I prove this. No. Am I answering my own questions like that guy on Seinfeld? Yes. I'm not trying to be negative towards the Red Sox, in fact, I have high praise for the fans. But honestly, I doubt very few other teams get those ridiculous calls in front of their home fans.

Pavelb1
09-17-2009, 01:13 AM
Weird. ESPN's zone had it just at the bottom of the zone...NESN had it right down the middle practically.

Edit: and yes, I've seen some insanely bad strike zones this year...but the ones I see make the zone wayyyyy too big.

Bo Sox Fan
09-17-2009, 01:40 AM
the pitch was labeled at the bottom of the strike zone so the call in fact could have went either way, and it didn't end the game it tied it... another yankee fan jealous of the bo sox starting stupid threads sayin "you dont care" but yet it bothers you enough to start a thread. i remember when castillo dropped a blatent ball on the final out when the yanks played the mets and your team got away with a lousy victory there. YOU THINK THAT AINT HUMAN ERROR! give me a break

AZCardsFan
09-17-2009, 01:42 AM
Home field advantage at it's greatest!

Pavelb1
09-17-2009, 02:22 AM
I agree. Angels got hosed. It happens.

iggypop123
09-17-2009, 02:24 AM
what a difference in umps. the giants rockies game betancourt thew 2 straight pitches that were close and the ump didnt even flinch. they were balls easily. and the sox game fuentes throws a strike and the ump doesnt call it. it must be an AL thing

ciaban
09-17-2009, 02:40 AM
it wasn't just that fat one down the plate, i saw at least 4 bad calls go against the angels and the game got blacked out for the 6th through 8th which was weird plus i didn't get to see the angels drop 4 on boston, if i had gotten those innings i probably would have seen more, this game as a whole was poorly officiated, bad calls happen but when its this bad, you get the feeling that they just pulled a bunch of southies off the street. also for some reason the giants game was blacked out for me on espn, and the game was in SF and i live in SJ

donnie23
09-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Bad calls are part of the game, leaving Juan Rivera in LF when you have a bench full of young athletic players is something you can control. At the very least this game should have gone to extras. Nice hustle Juan!

TragicallyHip
09-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Cry me a river, as if this has never happened before. There's no conspiracy.

Zaunnie
09-17-2009, 12:27 PM
umpires seem to like the Red Sox. Just earlier this year something similar happened to the Braves with JD Drew and Eric O'Flaherty and the end result was the Braves losing, with O'Flaherty, Chipper, and Bobby Cox getting ejected

TragicallyHip
09-17-2009, 12:30 PM
The fans being so close to the field at Fenway gives you guys the biggest home field advantage in baseball.. Border line calls will always go the Sox way at home...

How many Sox games have you been to/seen this year? Or any year for that matter. My guess is you've been to very few and only seen the National Broadcasts.

If that's the case, it's a little ignorant and unfair for you to make that claim.

On the other hand, if you fly to the east coast a lot or religiously watch the Sox on some kind of MLB package (which I doubt since you're an Angels fan) then disregard my statement.

bosox3431
09-17-2009, 12:33 PM

What does karma have to do with it? Its not like the Sox did anything wrong to have bad karma. Are they supposed to be like thatw as a strike, give it to the Angels to be fair? Karma dont have **** to do with it

bosox3431
09-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Bad calls are part of the game, leaving Juan Rivera in LF when you have a bench full of young athletic players is something you can control. At the very least this game should have gone to extras. Nice hustle Juan!

Oh my god we agree. What the hell was Rivera doing on that play. He could have made that catch. But he's prolly in on the big conspiarcy thats going on.

Sox4Lyfe
09-17-2009, 12:39 PM
That sir, is one appealing, yet at the same time disturbing, sig.

fresh prince
09-17-2009, 05:00 PM
How many Sox games have you been to/seen this year? Or any year for that matter. My guess is you've been to very few and only seen the National Broadcasts.

If that's the case, it's a little ignorant and unfair for you to make that claim.

On the other hand, if you fly to the east coast a lot or religiously watch the Sox on some kind of MLB package (which I doubt since you're an Angels fan) then disregard my statement.

Yea I've been to Fenway quite a bit the past few years since Jacoby Ellsbury made the bigs...

Its a different feel than any park I've been to.. Having a home field advantage is a good thing not sure why your'e getting offended by that?

That got you guys a win last night and leads to more than a few per year. Its not a bad thing just the facts.

sawxfan
09-17-2009, 05:25 PM
I just watched JD Drew(I think) walk in a run with the bases loaded to tie the Angels and the they get a game winning hit from Alex Gonzalez. Nick Green deffinitly no doubt struck out looking, and the umpire screwed up, to me as a Yankee fan I could care less about either team, but the Angels should of won the game, but it seems like Umpires over the past few years make more and more of the dummest decissions. Thats part of baseball but Im sorry if I was the home plate umpire tonight I would of been able to tell that pitch was clearly strike 3 looking. What else is new. But good job by Gonzalez to get that hit:horse::horse:

That's rich!

sawxfan
09-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Umps are human.... They are scared to make the correct call to end the game for the impending boos..cat calls and drama that will ensue.. So They freeze up

Lets face it... most umps are middle aged fat dudes so I doubt the self esteem is super high to begin with.. It takes a self assured person to step up make the correct call and then have the cahones to face the adverse situation that's bound to ensue..

I don't think most umps fit that mold.

What are you talking about? They are scared to call strikes? Because of the impending boos? Not too many Sox fans would have disagreed if that was called a strike or the pitch before called a swing.:(

Lacking self esteem because they are middle aged? I won't even touch this, it is wrought with ignorance. The fat middle aged ump called it a ball so that all the Red Sox fans at Fenway will like him. They probably bought him a couple of beers after at the Cask 'n' Flagon.:facepalm:

fresh prince
09-17-2009, 05:47 PM
What are you talking about? They are scared to call strikes? Because of the impending boos? Not too many Sox fans would have disagreed if that was called a strike or the pitch before called a swing.:(

Lacking self esteem because they are middle aged? I won't even touch this, it is wrought with ignorance. The fat middle aged ump called it a ball so that all the Red Sox fans at Fenway will like him. They probably bought him a couple of beers after at the Cask 'n' Flagon.:facepalm:

You know what your'e right that was wrong of me to assume that big league umpires have self esteem issues.

Umpires and referees are among the most self assured, confident professionals we have in any working environment.

Its the reason why most of them don't over react and have hot tempers with coaches and players when their authority is questioned.

My bad..

1sg1977
09-17-2009, 06:09 PM
anyone acting as if the two calls on Nick Green were so blatant as to be obviously biased is clearly not being honest....

I'm a Yankee fan, and not a fan of either the Angels or Red Sox, I didn't want either team to win.

That being said, in my eyes, the check swing was exactly a textbook example of a call that could have gone either way, given the not so clearly defined or understood "check swing" ruling

The final pitch to Green, was as borderline as could be. When I first watched it, it appeared very slightly low, but that too, was so close that in real time, it could have gone either way.

We all get screwed by bad calls at times, it's unfortunate when it happens to your team, but eventually, your team will benefit too. There is no umpiring conspiracy.

sawxfan
09-17-2009, 06:28 PM
You know what your'e right that was wrong of me to assume that big league umpires have self esteem issues.

Umpires and referees are among the most self assured, confident professionals we have in any working environment.

Its the reason why most of them don't over react and have hot tempers with coaches and players when their authority is questioned.

My bad..

Well, this is coming from a middle aged fat guy with low self esteem, but apology accepted.:D

fresh prince
09-17-2009, 07:16 PM
HAHAHA!

:up:

uwish1127
09-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Im glad most of us are on the same page even some red sox fans said so, give u guys credit

Super.
09-20-2009, 10:28 AM
dude, for each red sox hater in this world, there are 10 yankees haters. the red sox haters are always yankees fans, but the yankees haters come in all shapes, colors, and logos.

either way, who cares, bad calls happen all the time. it sucks for angels fans, and i'd obviously rather the sox to lose too, but the angels had plenty of opportunities to win that game.

man i can't wait for the playoffs.

So the Yankees can choke again? :laugh:

fanofclendennon
09-21-2009, 12:50 AM
I just watched Nick Gree walk in a run with the bases loaded to tie the Angels and the they get a game winning hit from Alex Gonzalez. Nick Green deffinitly no doubt struck out looking, and the umpire screwed up, to me as a Yankee fan I could care less about either team, but the Angels should of won the game, but it seems like Umpires over the past few years make more and more of the dummest decissions. Thats part of baseball but Im sorry if I was the home plate umpire tonight I would of been able to tell that pitch was clearly strike 3 looking. What else is new. But good job by Gonzalez to get that hit:horse::horse:

Please don't insult our intelligence: As a Yankee fan you wanted the Angels to win that game.

But I agree with you, the umpire clearly blew the call.

It wasn't the first time it happened and it won't be the last.