PDA

View Full Version : SLAM says Courtney Lee is best long addition

jmastert
09-16-2009, 07:09 PM
SLAM is ranking the best off-season moves, division by division, and calls the Nets trading for Courtney Lee the “Best Long-Term Move” in the Atlantic. Joey Whelan writes: “New Jersey has their backcourt duo for the future now with Lee joining electric point guard Devin Harris”, adding Lee “moves very well without the basketball, is a solid perimeter shooter and can attack the basket effectively off the dribble”.

Nets future is look awfuly bright.....Atalantic divison gotta watch out for the New Jersey Nets and Jay-Z

NYKnickFanatic
09-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Nets future is look awfuly bright.....Atalantic divison gotta watch out for the New Jersey Nets and Jay-Z

:pity:

AllTheWay
09-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Eh their future may be bright but they are also gonna be one of the worst teams next year.

heattiltheend94
09-16-2009, 07:29 PM
mayb after 2010, but I dont think Courtney Lee is a best addition

HiphopRelated
09-16-2009, 07:48 PM
It's crazy how overrated this kid is

Storch
09-16-2009, 07:51 PM
So this kid's missed layup last year made him a superstar huh? LOL what a joke.

jj24
09-16-2009, 07:58 PM
So this kid's missed layup last year made him a superstar huh? LOL what a joke.

Your attempt at a sarcastic joke right there was absolutely horrible, pathetic, and a bigger failure than pau gasol trying to go inside and finish strong on someone who is 6'7 or taller.

Shady66
09-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Your attempt at a sarcastic joke right there was absolutely horrible, pathetic, and a bigger failure than pau gasol trying to go inside and finish strong on someone who is 6'7 or taller.

Now that was funny lmao

smith&wesson
09-16-2009, 08:13 PM
devon harris is stud. courtney lee will be a really good shooting gaurd in this leauge. Lopez will be an amazing centre. Other then that though new jersey needs to fill alot of wholes. they dont have a solid 3 or 4 nor do they have a very deep bench.

if they ACTUALLY build a good team around the cor of harris, lee, and lopez they can be good. they have a good yonge core to build on. but the rest of the team does need a seriouse shake up. If i was the nets GM id be looking for a carlos boozer type vet. or an amare type.

deuces
09-16-2009, 08:16 PM
devon harris is stud. courtney lee will be a really good shooting gaurd in this leauge. Lopez will be an amazing centre. Other then that though new jersey needs to fill alot of wholes. they dont have a solid 3 or 4 nor do they have a very deep bench.

if they ACTUALLY build a good team around the cor of harris, lee, and lopez they can be good. they have a good yonge core to build on. but the rest of the team does need a seriouse shake up. If i was the nets GM id be looking for a carlos boozer type vet. or an amare type.

hopefully yi can be their 4, he did get bigger over the summer so there is a good chance he would have improved

Jacob K.
09-16-2009, 08:32 PM
is there a link?

MackSnackWrap
09-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Hes overatted at the moment but i think hell live up to the excpectations

vash9
09-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Courtney Lee is going to make the Magics regret the trade. Not that he is better than Vince or anything, but wants to make them regret the trade.

Devin, Lee, and Lopez are a solid young core. Yi has legit new found confidence and did get more muscle (so he can put up his own weight against other PFs). Jarvis will see more playing time this season.

Now i'm not smelling playoffs for us this year, but i think we're going to do better than expected.

HiphopRelated
09-16-2009, 08:59 PM
If Lee ever averages 20 ppg I will be shocked

He was the 5th option on the Magic and played solid, not spectacular D and will be 24 before the season starts.

At best he's an upgraded Raja Bell imo.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
09-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Half of you people posting dont know jack about basketball if you can say that Courtney Lee wont be a future all-star. I think most of you are jealous that the Nets made yet another steal in a trade just like we did for Harris. TO ALL YOU HATERS...JUST WAIT AND SEE.

29$JerZ
09-16-2009, 09:17 PM
New Jersey's best hope for 2010 would be

1 - LeBron James
2 - Carlos Boozer

Either one would really help the team out.

ThuglifeJ
09-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Lee is for sure going to be up there in the talks of Wade, LeBron, and Kobe by next year. He is the future of the NBA wings, and probably a lock in the HOF. If he doesnt start for the all star game next year I'm going to be shocked.

Derick713
09-16-2009, 09:33 PM
THE 2010 PLAN- PLUS TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS IN THE 2010 DRAFT

Devin Harris/Keyon Dooling/
Courtney Lee/Chris Douglas-Roberts
LeBron James/Terrance Williams
Yi Jianlian/Josh Boone/
Brook Lopez/Sean Williams

LeBron has praised Harris. Shaquille has praised Lee. The Nets have the cap room. The Nets have the young talented frontcourt. The Nets have the owner. The Nets will eventually end up in Brooklyn. The Nets have the youth to build a long-term contender.

blastmasta26
09-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Lee is for sure going to be up there in the talks of Wade, LeBron, and Kobe by next year. He is the future of the NBA wings, and probably a lock in the HOF. If he doesnt start for the all star game next year I'm going to be shocked.
A little early, no?

kEviN21
09-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Courtney Lee is highly UNDERRATED. People forget he is still a rookie and young.

MrFastBreak
09-16-2009, 10:26 PM
It's crazy how overrated this kid is

How the hell is he overrated?
When people are just saying he the best addition in the Atlantic Division.
Nobody is saying he is a superstar.

vash9
09-16-2009, 10:31 PM
You can't really say he is HoF material this early in the game. But he is going to be an All-Star someday.

He is nothing but underrated. How do you call a rookie going into his second season, guarded Kobe as best as possible in the playoffs (of course, Kobe in playoffs = crunch time) overrated?....I don't understand that.

He has a chance to be a starter along with Devin. Blazing it up and down the court.

i'm excited.

HiphopRelated
09-16-2009, 10:35 PM
How the hell is he overrated?
When people are just saying he the best addition in the Atlantic Division.
Nobody is saying he is a superstar.
so all this "OMG, the Magic are gonna really regret trading him"..."he's a future allstar" just flew over your head?

It's not like it's only this thread.

He wasn't on the all rookie team, he went to the line once a game last year, so it's not like he's putting pressure on a defense. What exactly are people seeing? Because he was a role player on a team where no defense even considered his presence?

Raja Bell 2.0

op12
09-16-2009, 11:16 PM
i think they are making some good moves and have some solid young pieces. they need another all star player and a go 2 guy to make the jump though.

op12
09-16-2009, 11:17 PM
THE 2010 PLAN- PLUS TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS IN THE 2010 DRAFT

Devin Harris/Keyon Dooling/
Courtney Lee/Chris Douglas-Roberts
LeBron James/Terrance Williams
Yi Jianlian/Josh Boone/
Brook Lopez/Sean Williams

LeBron has praised Harris. Shaquille has praised Lee. The Nets have the cap room. The Nets have the young talented frontcourt. The Nets have the owner. The Nets will eventually end up in Brooklyn. The Nets have the youth to build a long-term contender.

this would be a nice team.

ThuglifeJ
09-16-2009, 11:22 PM
ha how is Lee not overrated? Everyone is making out these talks like "going to regret trading him for Vince", "future all star".

This guy was on a team with Dwight, the best center in the East, and draws a ton of attention around him. Freeing up his teammates. And the D cant leave Shard or Nelson open, so guess who's usually open. Yes someone like Lee...

I cant believe ppl are acting like he came into a team like the Raptors (yes I'm referring to VInce), and made everyones jaws drop, and won Rookie of the Year (kind of like Vince).

Most "all star" SGs can create their own shot...and lead a team...when I see Courtney show any signs of that holla at me.

LAcowBOMBER
09-16-2009, 11:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V25OVfLsOV8&NR=1

Strong finish?

Afridi786
09-16-2009, 11:31 PM
^omg, just stop posting right now.

ThuglifeJ, Carter was a high draft pick for a bad team so he was expected to put up big numbers and he obliged, do you really think the Magic, a contender, wanted Lee, a mid rounder, to be anything other than a solid role player, the Magic had studs like Nelson, Turk, Rashard, and Dwight to put up numbers....Lee did what his team wanted him to do, now with a younger team, he'll be able to do a lot more things on the offensive end...and put up lot better numbers. Not saying he'll be an all star because his team has to be good for him to be, but he'll be putting up 16ppg next year easy, I'm fairly certain the Nets are ecstatic with Lee on the team instead of Carter, not just because of the contract either.

b_rad23
09-16-2009, 11:35 PM
so all this "OMG, the Magic are gonna really regret trading him"..."he's a future allstar" just flew over your head?

It's not like it's only this thread.

He wasn't on the all rookie team, he went to the line once a game last year, so it's not like he's putting pressure on a defense. What exactly are people seeing? Because he was a role player on a team where no defense even considered his presence?

Raja Bell 2.0

:clap: Exactly!!

You can't really say he is HoF material this early in the game. But he is going to be an All-Star someday.

He is nothing but underrated. How do you call a rookie going into his second season, guarded Kobe as best as possible in the playoffs (of course, Kobe in playoffs = crunch time) overrated?....I don't understand that.

He has a chance to be a starter along with Devin. Blazing it up and down the court.

i'm excited.

See, you just used EXTREMELY flawed logic.

1. You say he is going to be an all star someday. Your reason? Because he was a SG (on a team with 2 6'10" reasonably immobile forwards no less) who guarded the other team's SG (with help) as they lost miserably. BTW his 7.00 PER for the playoffs and 5.8 ppg on under 40% shooting for the Finals SCREAM all star to me!

Ok, good, he can play defense. Last I checked, Shane Battier isn't an all star. Raja Bell isn't an all star.

Where the hell is all this praise coming from??

Are people really under the impression he'll be an all star over(ones who are young and will be playing through Lee's prime): Wade, BG, Rip, Ray Allen, Salmons, Igoudala/Thad Young, Michael Redd, VC, Joe Johnson, Foye, any of the other young promising SGs (Nick Young, Daequan Cook, Brandon Rush, etc.), and any young stud SG drafted between now and then????

He's arguably better than the young promising SGs, but he's NOT beating out Rose, Harris, Wade, Igoudala/Thad Young, Joe Johnson for a guard spot, and all those old guys should be around for 3+ years too.

It's just really not a well thought out sentiment. It's pretty ridiculous TBH.

Harris/Dooling
Lee/CDR
T-Will/Hayes
Amare or Bosh/Yi
Lopez/Boone

Will be SICK though

ThuglifeJ
09-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Pietrus gaurded Kobe hella lot better in the playoffs than Lee...

I dont see Raja Bell.

I see Kerry Kittles 2.0...if hes lucky

theBraveRocket
09-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Hes overatted at the moment but i think hell live up to the excpectations

How can you think that he's overrated and will live up to expectations?

b_rad23
09-16-2009, 11:50 PM
He's basically saying the hype is unwarranted (which it absolutely is) but he personally believes he will live up to that unproven, unwarranted hype.

I disagree. He should be a solid starter, but even that's not a guarantee.

IversonIsKrazy
09-17-2009, 12:08 AM
hes 24. This guy is amazingly overrated, every1 needs to get out of his a-s-s. Seriously, this guy at his prime will be a 15ppg/16ppg scorer, max. If he avgs any more than that i'll be shocked. Now Harris & Lopez are very very good, and that'll be good in the future. Lee will be a solid starter around that duo, but not part of a trio.

RaptorizedKevin
09-17-2009, 12:10 AM
all the nets need now is a good power forward and small forward/

RaptorizedKevin
09-17-2009, 12:10 AM
i swear if yu guys kept jefferson, and in 2010 sign one of the best power forwards like amare or bosh. yu guys would be sick.

imagine that.

jj24
09-17-2009, 12:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V25OVfLsOV8&NR=1

Strong finish?

LOL a wee-wee doll?? So you found Pau Gasol's favorite toy? Little pansies love those dolls, so makes perfect sense that the softest 7 footer in the league would love those. Good find there

NYKnicks4511
09-17-2009, 12:40 AM
well I think if Terrence williams can keep his head straight, he's an absolute STUD. I'm calling it right now, and I can't wait for the Nets v Knicks rivalry to heat up again:

Nets:
Harris
Lee
Williams/LBJ?
Yi
Lopez

Knicks:
Douglas/Rubio (lol)
Chandler
Gallinari / LBJ (?)
Hill ... (or Darko if he averages 20 and 10 a night like he was supposed to :P)

BkOriginalOne
09-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Harris, Lopez, Lee, Boone, YI, Terrence Williams (who is going to be a bit better than people are expecting), CDR, Sean Williams (probably will be dealt) is not a bad core.

Their still going to win about 28-30 games next season, but after they move to BK and get some talent in the summer of 2010.. they'll be back competeting for a 6th seed in no time!

BkOriginalOne
09-17-2009, 01:02 AM
I agree though, Devin Harris is a bit overrated.
Not a great defender, playmaker or shooter (can be streaky).
Don't NBA teams realize that their point guard has to either be a great playmaker AND shooter. OR, Great Defender who does a bit of everything (Rondo)

Illuminati999
09-17-2009, 01:06 AM
Courtney Lee is highly UNDERRATED. People forget he is still a rookie and young.

Underrated or not, his first name is still Courtney. Every time I hear his name I think of Chung Lee from Street Fighter...

Giaps
09-17-2009, 11:36 AM
...says the Nets fan

colinskik
09-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Lee is a nice player but he's not going to put the Nets over the top by any means. I like that trade for the Nets though, don't get me wrong.

What irks me is that people actually think Slam is a credible source for NBA news and many take it's word to be gold. It's garbage, people. I know firsthand. Pure trash. Don't believe the hype!

UK Ivy
09-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Half of you people posting dont know jack about basketball if you can say that Courtney Lee wont be a future all-star. I think most of you are jealous that the Nets made yet another steal in a trade just like we did for Harris. TO ALL YOU HATERS...JUST WAIT AND SEE.

:clap: Good For You

:facepalm: FAIL!

jmastert
09-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Lee was the 4th or 5 option on the magic offense. Lee was a ROOKIE. Lee didnt really have a chance to make a name for himself. (was a 3 point nightmare throughout the playoffs and played great defence) Lee says he is going to attack the basketball more this season(HIS FT WILL INCREASE). Lee says "The magic will regret trading me."
LEE has opportunity on the New Jersey NETS.

He is a great addition, and is definitely the BEST LONG TERM ADDITION.... no argument

NETS 2010 be afraid. LBJ will be in the building!

DaPrimeTime21
09-17-2009, 01:04 PM

Jay-z is moving the team to Brooklyn, and bringing his pal LeBron James with him. Devon Harris, Courtney Lee, LeBron James, Lopez.... damn they're gonna be RIDICULOUS. Brooklyn we go hard!!!! Bed Stuy baby!!!! :smoking:

pebloemer
09-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Lee was the 4th or 5 option on the magic offense. Lee was a ROOKIE. Lee didnt really have a chance to make a name for himself. (was a 3 point nightmare throughout the playoffs and played great defence) Lee says he is going to attack the basketball more this season(HIS FT WILL INCREASE). Lee says "The magic will regret trading me."
LEE has opportunity on the New Jersey NETS.

He is a great addition, and is definitely the BEST LONG TERM ADDITION.... no argument

I really have no problem with anything you said, completely accurate IMO. It seems though that a few posters seem to think that those factors will equal Lee being a future all-star or even future HoFer. It is a huge jump in logic to say that because he has more opportunity and says he will make his former team regret the trade that he will necessarily live up to those expectations.

Players say a lot of things: (ie. JO saying he is finally healthy after 4 years and intends to make the allstar game again, Iverson saying he will make teams regret not signing him, Arenas saying he is 100% healthy last year, etc etc). I really can't put too much stake in what players state before the season begins, as it is all just a big media show that doesn't actually tell us what the real status of things are.

Wil Courtnet Lee, work very hard on his game, improve, get more opportunity and be a very good player in this league. I certainly think so. But to start calling him a definitely all-star or HoFer after a single season averaging 8.4 ppg and 1.2 apg, is nothing short of absurd.

jmastert
09-17-2009, 01:15 PM
I really have no problem with anything you said, completely accurate IMO. It seems though that a few posters seem to think that those factors will equal Lee being a future all-star or even future HoFer. It is a huge jump in logic to say that because he has more opportunity and says he will make his former team regret the trade that he will necessarily live up to those expectations.

Players say a lot of things: (ie. JO saying he is finally healthy after 4 years and intends to make the allstar game again, Iverson saying he will make teams regret not signing him, Arenas saying he is 100% healthy last year, etc etc). I really can't put too much stake in what players state before the season begins, as it is all just a big media show that doesn't actually tell us what the real status of things are.

Wil Courtnet Lee, work very hard on his game, improve, get more opportunity and be a very good player in this league. I certainly think so. But to start calling him a definitely all-star or HoFer after a single season averaging 8.4 ppg and 1.2 apg, is nothing short of absurd.

im with u on the whle Lee will be a future Hall of Famer. he definitely wont be that haha (is a chance very doubtful). I do believe he will be an all star and put up similar numbers as Rip-Hamilton. Very similar players if u compare them both (and they do wear facemasks) They averaged nearly the same numbers as rookies and do the same thing on the court. SHOOT AND DEFENCE. Well all see how he does this season. LEE will thrive

JabberJaw
09-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Now that was funny lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX5WlJDvv5Q&feature=PlayList&p=AA0E1941FF1CBB9C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5

Ouch! Sorry I had to do that to you. ;) Pau dunked all over "your sig".

Sly Guy
09-17-2009, 01:50 PM
hahaha, you can't say the nets backcourt is set when their SG is still nothing but a big 'if' statement.

colinskik
09-17-2009, 02:07 PM
How many people really think the Nets are moving to Brooklyn? Not I.

Storch
09-17-2009, 02:13 PM
LOL a wee-wee doll?? So you found Pau Gasol's favorite toy? Little pansies love those dolls, so makes perfect sense that the softest 7 footer in the league would love those. Good find there

The "softest7 footer in the league" won both the NBA championship and an international championship. So stop talking troll.

Silent
09-17-2009, 02:14 PM
now that was funny lmao

+1

Storch
09-17-2009, 02:15 PM

And for an FYI, since you're not very good at understanding what you're reading. This thread stated that lee is speculated to be something great. I did not make a sarcastic joke, because he DID miss that layup and he IS getting praised for nothing. In addition, he did NOT guard kobe very well. He was not a factor in the series, nor a threat at any point in time (except for his missed layup moment). He looks like a wannabe rip hamilton that cant shoot as well. And he's overrated.

So what if pau gasol cant dunk over people like d12 or shaq? 2 points is 2 points, may it be a dunk or a hook shot. I dont know what kind of world ur in, but just in case you didnt know as long as the ball goes through the hoop, ur team is awarded points. Unless of course you're not intelligent enough to realize that, then you can keep screaming "pau gasol is soft" for the rest of your life while watching gasol and the lakers win another championship.

AFlagRules
09-17-2009, 02:27 PM
If only Courtney Lee was half as good as the idiots at Slam thinks he is :)

I agree with Storch...Not the winning the title part :), but Pau Gasol is EASILY a stud big man. Obviously..

colinskik
09-17-2009, 02:34 PM
If only Courtney Lee was half as good as the idiots at Slam thinks he is :)

I agree with Storch...Not the winning the title part :), but Pau Gasol is EASILY a stud big man. Obviously..

THANK YOU! I call boycott.

SteveNash
09-17-2009, 02:52 PM
What move was better? I can't really find any. Why is anyone arguing this?

phila_gorilla
09-17-2009, 02:53 PM

A LOCK for the HOF?! You are high! Let me just save you some shock for next year by saying that he WILL NOT start the All Star game because there are simply better 2 guards in the East. Everyone needs to calm down about Lee. All he's got to his credit so far is a good stretch at the end of the season and playoff experience. Let's pump the brakes a bit.

kombayn
09-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Right now the Nets look nice on paper anyways with Harris, Lee, T. Williams, Yi & Lopez as their starting 5. The bench has solid veterans with Alston, Dooling, Hayes, Najera & Battie off the bench without even including CDR, Boone & S. Williams. Don't sleep on the Nets this season, they could easily be a #5 seed in the East to take on the Hawks.

jmastert
09-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Right now the Nets look nice on paper anyways with Harris, Lee, T. Williams, Yi & Lopez as their starting 5. The bench has solid veterans with Alston, Dooling, Hayes, Najera & Battie off the bench without even including CDR, Boone & S. Williams. Don't sleep on the Nets this season, they could easily be a #5 seed in the East to take on the Hawks.

nets will surprise *****es

Young and Stupid
09-18-2009, 09:09 AM

I'm a Nets fan, but.... :rimshot: