PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm just a thought???????

shooterone
09-15-2009, 05:20 AM
I play 2 sports but I love 3. I play baseball and I Curl ( for those south of the 49th google it) and I also love basketball, I wouldn't ask anyone to step on the ice and try to compete at curling, but my question is. Would it be easier to pick 9 professional basketball players to compete on the diamond then it would be to pick 5 mlb'rs to compete on the basketball court. Keep in mind that the 9 includes the pitcher on the diamond. I haven't played organized Basketball, but there are 6'8"+ baseball players, Randy Johnson is 6'10" and I forget who it was but he was 6'11" and there are a lot in the 6'3"-6'8" range. Granted the ball movement would suck but I think it's easier to hit a 3 then it is to hit a 95 mph fastball.
Tell me what you think and feel free to add and mix sports as you wish.

Oh for those wondering why I put this on a basketball forum its because it's my favourite sport and it's the forums I follow the most.

blazerman
09-15-2009, 06:35 AM
It all depends on the players you choose to swap sports. Im sure their are plenty of baseball players that can hoop and vice versa but if your expecting them to compete at the pro level in the opposite sport then I wouldnt expect to much because pro's in each sport are selected very carefullly.

There aree alot of guys that played multiple sports in college but nobody that I can think of that is a two sport pro these days. And just because a guy is tall doesnt mean he will be a good baller.

ombada
09-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Basketball players are more athletic and would generally have an easier transition to baseball. There arent a lot of Baseball players that are as tall as fast (although there are some) or as athletic to be able to compete in basketball on a pro level.

CELTICS4LYFE
09-15-2009, 01:36 PM
ask jordan lol

Missing56&33
09-15-2009, 02:14 PM
I play 2 sports but I love 3. I play baseball and I Curl ( for those south of the 49th google it) and I also love basketball, I wouldn't ask anyone to step on the ice and try to compete at curling, but my question is. Would it be easier to pick 9 professional basketball players to compete on the diamond then it would be to pick 5 mlb'rs to compete on the basketball court. Keep in mind that the 9 includes the pitcher on the diamond. I haven't played organized Basketball, but there are 6'8"+ baseball players, Randy Johnson is 6'10" and I forget who it was but he was 6'11" and there are a lot in the 6'3"-6'8" range. Granted the ball movement would suck but I think it's easier to hit a 3 then it is to hit a 95 mph fastball.
Tell me what you think and feel free to add and mix sports as you wish.

Oh for those wondering why I put this on a basketball forum its because it's my favourite sport and it's the forums I follow the most.

I think it would be easier to put 9 NBA basketball players on the diamond than 5 MLB players on the court. Reason being, i played three sports in HS, Basketball, Football, and baseball. Most guys in the NBA did as well. I think the baseball expereince would come back to them once they step on the diamond and get a feel for the game again. You can always bunt a 95mph fastball or take a walk. I think its harder to play organized basketball if all you ever did was play baseball or football or if they were your main sport.

Think about it .....it looks really stupid if you cant make a basket and shoot the ball over the backboard or miss the rim by a mile but if you swing and miss a pitch that happens all the time in the majors.

MTone8788
09-15-2009, 02:19 PM
It depends on the individuals. Some people grow up playing more than one sport.

topdog
09-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Joe Mauer played just about every sport so he would probably do fine on the court, and Jose Reyes would just be so fast that he could cruise from endline to endline. Center might be a bit of a problem area but whatever you could find guys to ball.

On the other hand, guys like Nash are just sport junkies and i would think some of the other pgs and shooters would have pretty good hand-eye coordination.

It all depends on who you choose and the most difficult positions to fill would be weaker.

Fireworld
09-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Fail

zambo4president
09-15-2009, 06:38 PM
I play Football, Baseball and Basketball and i do Jiu-Jitsu and Boxing, so id say im pretty athletic. But the hardest thing to do in any sport is hitting a baseball. The Basketball players probably would look pretty bad playing baseball and the baseball players wouldnt be that good at basketball but they could compete.