PDA

View Full Version : Chisholm article: Raptors should see playoffs this year

GodsSon
09-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Though, when it comes to the Raptors everything will eventually come back to Chris Bosh. He is the keystone for everything this club does, from roster changes to style of play. He is the marquee figure that does more than any other player to determine how far this team can climb this season. If the moves made this summer allow him the freedom to play his game with increased effectiveness and ease, then the season will be a positive one. If the moves wind up interfering with what he does (like Jermaine O'Neal did last year), then it could be another long, Playoff-less season. Either way, it's through him that the club's fate is decided, no matter how many tweaks are made to the fringes of the team.

I always read so many negative comments about Bosh in our forum and the NBA forum and I really think most Raps fans under value the man, including myself at times. Hopefully Bosh can sustain the level of play from november last year for the majority of a season.

Probable Starting line-up...SG: DEMAR DEROZAN

DeRozan, as stated countless times by Triano, will be heading into training camp as the odds-on favorite to start at this spot on opening night. However, to retain that job he's going to have to prove that his game is about more than scoring, because he'll probably be the fifth option out there with these other guys surrounding him. He's going to have to rebound, he's going to have to defend, and he's going to have to learn how to play off of players that are a lot more seasoned than he is. Athletic specimens like him are not rare in the Draft, and he is going to have to work to separate himself from the Julian Wright's and Rodney Carney's of the NBA. His athleticism, though, is a facet this team has craved for a very long time, and so he'll be given every chance to use it, whether it be opening games or not.

http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=291105

SA5195
09-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Ya true if Bosh could perform 29 ppg the whole season, like he did in Nov. that would be sick! But I doubt it only cause we have more scorers.

murphturph
09-14-2009, 08:40 PM
I have a feelin that Jack is going to start at S.G opening night because he has more "experiance"

deaner
09-14-2009, 08:45 PM
I have a feelin that Jack is going to start at S.G opening night because he has more "experiance"

nah... not Jack.... I would think if Jay isn't convinced about Demar he would go with Wright. Demar will do fine against either little combo west or AP.

MackSnackWrap
09-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Ye if bosh could bring it like he did in november we would have a really good season no doubt