PDA

View Full Version : Jordan was a jerk

j-bay
09-14-2009, 06:46 PM
he kept on reminding everyone on how great he was dued we know how great you were brought in the guy who beat him out for the high school starter in basketball said rude things to everyone

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-14-2009, 06:48 PM
In before the close! Hi everyone

Raps18-19 Champ
09-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Inside.

montazingmvp
09-14-2009, 06:50 PM
he kept on reminding everyone on how great he was dued we know how great you were brought in the guy who beat him out for the high school starter in basketball said rude things to everyone

you clearly don't understand jordan competitive mentality...and that is why you are on a computer commenting on sports as opposed to playing them

J4KOP99
09-14-2009, 06:51 PM
He was one of the greatest to ever play the game but the guy is dumb as hell. He has had tons of gambling problems, marital problems and teammate problems.

The guy is mad that the Bulls owner once said some true **** about how winning teams work so he decided to call him out. Good for you Michael Jordan. So far up is own *** he doesn't understand how things work as you can see by every attempt he has made to do something productive since retiring from the bulls.

Once again, one of the greatest basketball players to ever play and the most marketable athlete of all time but he is a *******.

j-bay
09-14-2009, 06:51 PM
you clearly don't understand jordan competitive mentality...and that is why you are on a computer commenting on sports as opposed to playing them

still it was still really rude i don't care if he is competive and all the sports reporters agree you do not do that

j-bay
09-14-2009, 06:52 PM
He was one of the greatest to ever play the game but the guy is dumb as hell. He has had tons of gambling problems, marital problems and teammate problems.

The guy is mad that the Bulls owner once said some true **** about how winning teams work so he decided to call him out. Good for you Michael Jordan. So far up is own *** he doesn't understand how things work as you can see by every attempt he has made to do something productive since retiring from the bulls.

Once again, one of the greatest basketball players to ever play and the most marketable athlete of all time but he is a *******.

i am very dissapointed in him

LakePackYank
09-14-2009, 06:53 PM
sweet, made it before lock

marlinsfan24
09-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Maybe Lebron is a lot more like than Jordan than we thought?

montazingmvp
09-14-2009, 06:55 PM

lol a psd poster calling the best business man to ever enter the nba an idiot...things don't get funnier

j-bay
09-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Maybe Lebron is a lot more like than Jordan than we thought?

you mean for not congralating the magic yes

j-bay
09-14-2009, 06:57 PM
lol a psd poster calling the best business man to ever enter the nba an idiot...things don't get funnier

he did have some problems this had to be one of the worst hall of fame speeches

J4KOP99
09-14-2009, 07:02 PM

If you think it is Michael Jordan behind all of these business moves you have lost your mind. Yes, his name is the one being used but the Nike brass has been behind him from day 1.

I already said he is the most marketable star of all time but it is not him who is actually doing the "business."

LAKERMANIA
09-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Might as well turn this into a Kobe vs. MJ thread since this is going to close..

At least Kobe is nicer! :D

LakePackYank
09-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Might as well turn this into a Kobe vs. MJ thread since this is going to close..

At least Kobe is nicer! :D

now we wait for the "at least MJ did not rape a girl" comment :pity:

ManRam
09-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Why should this be closed? It's a fact. Jordan was one of the most abrasive, egotistical, full of himself player ever. What bothers me the most about Kobe and LeBron is that anything they do slightly wrong becomes huge news (besides Colorado, that deserved the attention)...where as Jordan was even criticized by his own teammates (something LeBron never has had, or even really Kobe- Shaq doesn't count), and not a murmur. LeBron is the consummate pro the first 5.5 season. I swear I didn't know what his voice sounded like until a few years ago. But all of a sudden, after some seriously minor things, that everyone else would have gotten off the hook for, he becomes a terrible person. That's laughable. LeBron looks like Mother Teresa compared to Jordan. But for some reason...Jordan could never do any wrong. I realize he was the best...but that doesn't mean you aren't a douche.

Jordan was far from a saint...really far from it. I love Jordan. I have 20+ Jordan shoes, 2 Jordan posters in my room...but people are so ignorant about this topic. He was a jerk.

Shady66
09-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Ya he was and still is a cocky jerk, but sometimes thats how u gotta act to get to be as good as your gonna be. And jordans allowed to be like that because he is the GOAT. If you heard adam morrison talking like that, well then hes just a dumba.ss

J4KOP99
09-14-2009, 07:07 PM
I don't see why this would have to close either. This is a fair point...something a lot of other people would agree with.

The problem is, you can't say a negative thing against Jordan(whether it is true or not) on these forums and expect to have a regular conversation. Everyone takes the guys side even if they weren't old enough to watch him while he was playing.

ManRam
09-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Jordan has punched teammates, had Doug Collins fired single handily for immature reasons, called Kwame Brown a ****** along with the more well know (extramarital) issues.

I found these...

From ‘The Jordan Rules’ book:

"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

"I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don't get you the ball."

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"I know what's gonna happen. We'll wait until the last minute and then they'll say something like they couldn't get a deal done because of the cap or somebody pulled out at the last minute. It happens here all the time. I don't know why I'm surprised every year."

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his **** into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."

"He's scared. He's got no heart...Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn't have been here." – Michael on Dennis Hopson

"I know I can recognize what to do, but I'm not sure they can."

"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"Give me the ******* ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me."

"We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams."

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

"If I were a general manager, we'd be a better team." ( Wizards? Bobcats? )

"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue

"I want to prove the critics wrong...I want to see some serious moves from management, which I really haven't seen that much of yet, and I want to see more serious attitudes from my teammates this year when it comes to the playoffs. In the past, it's been more or less a joking thing, sort of a 'Well, we're here, so let's have a good time.'"

"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting."

"I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is."

"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his *** out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley trade

"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

Fool
09-14-2009, 07:13 PM
don't you think that some of this same crap is going to come out and be said about kobe eventually? even a couple of seasons ago it was evident that he wasn't a good teammate.

j-bay
09-14-2009, 07:20 PM
don't you think that some of this same crap is going to come out and be said about kobe eventually? even a couple of seasons ago it was evident that he wasn't a good teammate.

yeah he was basically being mean to everyone durning his speech

CityofTreez
09-14-2009, 07:23 PM
This Thread = Fail

azkarraga
09-14-2009, 07:23 PM
let me see, they play to win rings or to make friends? yes, he was an ***hole, so what?

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-14-2009, 07:24 PM

No, Shaq said Kobe wasn't a good teammate. But hindsight can tell us Shaq doesn't think anyone with talent on his team is a good teammate. And then the media jumped on that bandwagon and pretty soon the public will think Kobe is a bad teammate without even seeing one interaction behind the scenes between Kobe and a teammate. Talk about media persuasion. Everyone else just says Kobe is a good teammate who wants to win at any cost.

And to the Jordan issue, if I were on any of his championship teams, he would be considered the greatest teammate ever to me. I dont care if he cussed me out every day from October training camp to game 7 of the finals. As long as he got us to win a ring. Thats why hes there. To make sure you win a ring. Not to coddle you and be your buddy. I would hope to have enough friends away from the court. I wouldn't need more at work.

DodgerLove
09-14-2009, 07:25 PM
haha the guy told his kids he wouldn't want to be them

BkOriginalOne
09-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Still open?