PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone take a chance on Tracy Mcgrady next offseason if he produces like in '07

JordansBulls
09-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Considering how much he has been injured lately, would anyone take a chance on Tracy Mcgrady next offseason if he produces like he did in 2007?

If so, what type of deal would any team be willing to give him?

rsweene
09-14-2009, 03:34 PM
I wouldnt, hes the best player to consistently blow it in the playoffs. His last failure he took upon himself to get past the first round and he took all the blame when he failed again. Good player, he just has issues and is injury prone.

thephoenixson28
09-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah if he takes less money

jsumadchat
09-14-2009, 03:43 PM
i would definitely take a chance on him as a complimentary piece. hes not that old. hes only 30 no?

thephoenixson28
09-14-2009, 03:53 PM
I think I would pay 8 mill per year not more then 10 mill

alexander_37
09-14-2009, 03:55 PM
I wouldnt, hes the best player to consistently blow it in the playoffs. His last failure he took upon himself to get past the first round and he took all the blame when he failed again. Good player, he just has issues and is injury prone.

LMAO at ignorance, T-Mac averages something like 28-30 PPG in the playoffs, all of his numbers are better in the playoffs.

BkOriginalOne
09-14-2009, 03:58 PM
I'd like to Mcgrady play on the Hornets.
Chris Paul needs someone who can flat out score.

He could also go to The Suns could he would be a nice addition to their high octane offense.
The Knicks will take a look as well as a cheap addition to a a guy like Bosh, Wade, or Amare.
The Jazz aren't a bad look either. Nor, are the Wolves - I'll just make a poll.

macc
09-14-2009, 04:42 PM
No ofcourse not, noone will pick him up and he'll prob retire in the offseason.......

Actually quite the opposite. People actually believe the statement above. People forget so fast that he was a top 5 player in the league just a couple years ago. Now he's injured and he has to prove himself again. I can understand that much but obviously even if he's not like he once was he'll still be an extrememly great player for you.

People always base their opinions on one or two years on psd it seems like. Look at his entire career. T Mac is a stud and he'll come back and prove that next year. I think most people realize this, it's just the "thing" to do on psd which is the bash somone while basing it off one or two years of play.

Billups is a perfect example. 3 years ago people respected him as a PG, now that Denver had "one" good year with him he's the best pg in the league damn near.

To answer the question. YES somone is going to pick him up and I bet he makes 10+ million a year. It will prob just be a shorter contract w/ an option.

heattiltheend94
09-14-2009, 04:54 PM
No more than 10 mil, but although he probbly is the most injury prone player in da league, he is in the top 20 mayb even top 15 in skill lvl.

GAWDtv
09-14-2009, 05:06 PM
At AI prices for Sure, if AI is only worth $4 mil we could get TMac for buttons and pocket lint...

jsumadchat
09-14-2009, 05:11 PM
I'd like to Mcgrady play on the Hornets.
Chris Paul needs someone who can flat out score.

He could also go to The Suns could he would be a nice addition to their high octane offense.
The Knicks will take a look as well as a cheap addition to a a guy like Bosh, Wade, or Amare.
The Jazz aren't a bad look either. Nor, are the Wolves - I'll just make a poll.

lol at thinking ANY of those 3 will end up in NY. the best bet is amar'e because of his mancrush for d'antoni

Chronz
09-14-2009, 05:49 PM
At AI prices for Sure, if AI is only worth $4 mil we could get TMac for buttons and pocket lint...

Tmac will fetch more in the open market than AI could. The 2 arent even comparable, Tmac is 6"8 LONG, with elite skills. He can still be a serviceable player who makes any team hes on better. AI, can only be effective playing the AI way.+

lorenz00
09-14-2009, 06:04 PM
T.O baby.. we will offer him 5m :D or 10m 2 years team option second year

IndiansFan337
09-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Considering how much he has been injured lately, would anyone take a chance on Tracy Mcgrady next offseason if he produces like he did in 2007?

If so, what type of deal would any team be willing to give him?

Most certainly.

If AI can find work, TMac will be able to do so.

If he does not come back strong he will have a hard time finding work. He's going to need to improve his shot selection & likely move into a role where he no longer is the #1 scorer. I think that may be a tough adjustment for him.

Lakers4ItAll
09-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Tmac could really help alot of teams - if healthy -

JordansBulls
09-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Most certainly.

If AI can find work, TMac will be able to do so.

If he does not come back strong he will have a hard time finding work. He's going to need to improve his shot selection & likely move into a role where he no longer is the #1 scorer. I think that may be a tough adjustment for him.

Would you take him in Cleveland?

tland22
09-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Tmac will fetch more in the open market than AI could. The 2 arent even comparable, Tmac is 6"8 LONG, with elite skills. He can still be a serviceable player who makes any team hes on better. AI, can only be effective playing the AI way.+

Yea man good good points. Id take TMAC. Hed be a phenominal fit with the Hornets...I mean just a fantastic move for him.

MackSnackWrap
09-14-2009, 08:10 PM
i wouldnt mind having him if hes healthy but only as a complementary player

TheKing23
09-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Would you take him in Cleveland?

If he didn't demand 15-20 shots a game I would love to have him in Cleveland. As good as Delonte is as our starting 2 guard, a player like T-Mac is a lot bigger and as mentioned earlier he has length for the position. He must be one of the biggest SG's in the NBA come to think of it.

If he could show glimpses of his '07 form he could compliment LeBron superbly, the ideal 'Pippen' in my eyes, good offensively and defensively.

blazerman
09-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Definitely not for 20 million plus a season but as a complimentary piece for the MLE sure.

My main concern other than injuries is, can he play within a system without trying to be the 1st option because he wouldnt be option A or B on the Blazers and what makes me suspect of him is he has never won a playoff series and it might have something to do with him trying to do to much and taking teammates out of the game(seen many a games in the past where he becomes the point forward type and main scoring option at the same time and teammates end up watching all too often).

And when has he ever been a top 5 player, he has been a top 5 score numerous times but that isnt a top 5 player. I could pick 5 guys over him in any yr.

JordansBulls
09-17-2009, 10:43 PM
If McGrady's recent workouts are any indication, it would be easy to assume that his game will have all of its dimensions back this season.

"I think he's gonna be a player like he used to be in his younger days, because his body is balanced now," Reavy says confidently. "He's using all his muscles properly and everything's absorbing a force and creating a force versus just the knee."

Once he gets over any lingering doubts in his mind, Reavy is convinced that McGrady could return to an All-Star level as soon as this year.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?post=4479907&name=friedell

Hawkeye15
09-18-2009, 09:17 AM
T Mac will suffer due to the economical times, but if he shows up this year and plays well, I could see him securing a 2 year, $16 million deal for example.

MDfootball36
09-18-2009, 02:25 PM
maybe the knicks cuz they cant sign anyone good

Mavrix
09-18-2009, 03:08 PM
If Dallas (No Josh Howard or Erick Dampier next season - 33 mil off the books) get's T-Mac I think they're easily contenders with the addition of a low post threat

PG- Kidd
SG- T-Mac - Terry
SF- Matrix
PF- Dirk - Gooden
C- Low post threat

knickfan4life
09-18-2009, 03:12 PM
lmao dude... TMAC can hang with kobe and lebron on ANY GIVEN DAY! and im not a tmac fan, but this is obserd what your saying, hes been injured for gods sake

Mavrix
09-18-2009, 03:13 PM
I'd take Joe Johnson over T-Mac though as of now.

JordansBulls
09-18-2009, 04:45 PM
i wouldnt mind having him if hes healthy but only as a complementary player

What do you mean complementary player?

jm413
09-18-2009, 04:50 PM
not worth the risk

kimchi'sworld
09-19-2009, 02:18 AM
He should stay and play in Texas if Houston doesn't keep him. He would be a good fit for Dallas or San Antonio if Jefferson doesn't work out.

King P
09-19-2009, 12:12 PM
People always base their opinions on one or two years on psd it seems like. Look at his entire career. T Mac is a stud and he'll come back and prove that next year. I think most people realize this, it's just the "thing" to do on psd which is the bash somone while basing it off one or two years of play.

Billups is a perfect example. 3 years ago people respected him as a PG, now that Denver had "one" good year with him he's the best pg in the league damn near.

Exactly, I agree 100%
But thats how sports and their fans are. They have the "what have you done for me lately" mentality.

JordansBulls
09-19-2009, 02:51 PM
T Mac will suffer due to the economical times, but if he shows up this year and plays well, I could see him securing a 2 year, $16 million deal for example.

That sounds reasonable for him. Although he may push for a 4 year deal worth at least 50 million.

09-19-2009, 04:50 PM
yes

ryder78c
09-19-2009, 05:29 PM
i would say the blazers would be a great team if they got him even if he is injury prone cuz then tmac isnt the team leader he would come 3rd maybe 2nd over roy and lamarcus and dats wut tmac needs not to be the leader of a team
he would be way better if he was the 2nd or 3rd choice and had time to sit more the team would be stacked

andre miller
Brandon "Wonder Boy" Roy
T-Mac
Lamarcus aldridge
Greg Oden

team 2/bench

Blake/Bayless
Rudy Fernandez
Batum/outlaw
outlaw/pendagraph
Joel pryzbilla

JordansBulls
09-19-2009, 06:56 PM
i would say the blazers would be a great team if they got him even if he is injury prone cuz then tmac isnt the team leader he would come 3rd maybe 2nd over roy and lamarcus and dats wut tmac needs not to be the leader of a team
he would be way better if he was the 2nd or 3rd choice and had time to sit more the team would be stacked

andre miller
Brandon "Wonder Boy" Roy
T-Mac
Lamarcus aldridge
Greg Oden

team 2/bench

Blake/Bayless
Rudy Fernandez
Batum/outlaw
outlaw/pendagraph
Joel pryzbilla

Would they mess up Roy though?

Bluffmasta
09-19-2009, 07:39 PM
well if anyone does sign him it willbe most likely for the MLE i dont c any team taking any chance by offering him more then that, he cud most likely take theMLE if he wants to join a winning team who can get a hold of a playerl ike James,Wade or Bosh

JordansBulls
10-14-2009, 04:49 PM
To me teams like the Suns/Raptors/Mavs who have an allstar big man but need a wing player should take a shot on Mcgrady.

DerekRE_3
10-14-2009, 04:52 PM
That sounds reasonable for him. Although he may push for a 4 year deal worth at least 50 million.

I highly doubt a team will want to give him 4 years guaranteed.

JordansBulls
10-14-2009, 07:19 PM
I highly doubt a team will want to give him 4 years guaranteed.

Depends on if they are contending or not. A team who doesn't want to lose there star like Toronto or Phoenix may take him on for 4 years considering he would be only 30 after next season.

DerekRE_3
10-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Depends on if they are contending or not. A team who doesn't want to lose there star like Toronto or Phoenix may take him on for 4 years considering he would be only 30 after next season.

He may be 30 years old but he came out of high school so he's been playing NBA ball for 12 years. Then add in the injuries he's sustained, and he's older than your average 30 year old NBA player. It's like Chris Webber, when he was 30 he had the knees of a guy much older because of his injury history.

Utahjazzfan18
10-15-2009, 03:58 PM
He may be 30 years old but he came out of high school so he's been playing NBA ball for 12 years. Then add in the injuries he's sustained, and he's older than your average 30 year old NBA player. It's like Chris Webber, when he was 30 he had the knees of a guy much older because of his injury history.

Exactly, if he gets a four year deal, it'll probably be 6mil or less per year. I could see him potentially making up to 9mil a year for 2 years max if he has an amazing season with minimal downtime this year. The economy is too bad right now to take a big gamble on a player with his history.