PDA

View Full Version : Lebron would change his number to #6

JordansBulls
09-12-2009, 12:53 AM
This is a little old, but thought it was interesting.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/02/even_while_wearing_no_23_lebro.html

Wearing No. 6, though, has become somewhat standard for James. Ever since his triumphant summer wearing the number for Team USA -- which James has said was the best experience of his career -- he wears the number during practices and workouts as a homage to that gold-medal effort and all the work that went into it. Often when he gives autographed jerseys as gifts to friends or special causes these days, he'll sign an Olympic No. 6 jersey.

So indeed, he is No. 23, but No. 6 is part of him too. Someday, there's a chance it could be his number all the time.

"It's interesting to think about. I feel like 6 is my number, too," James said about the prospect of switching.

"If the NBA retired 23 because of Michael (Jordan) like baseball did with Jackie Robinson (42), I would definitely switch it. Maybe I would someday, we'll see."

James wears No. 23 because of Jordan, who was his hero as a child, as have numerous players over the last decade. But now he's carved out his own niche, and there's a chance he'd want his own number.

"Well, No. 6 was Dr. J (Julius Erving) and Bill Russell's number," James said casually, showing his deep knowledge of the game's history. "There have been great players to wear 6, but Michael is the greatest to wear my number."

ARMIN12NBA
09-12-2009, 12:54 AM
"Well, No. 6 was Dr. J (Julius Erving) and Bill Russell's number," James said casually, showing his deep knowledge of the game's history.

:laugh: Slurp Slurp.

Storch
09-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Good move lebron. Dont use 23.

rsweene
09-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Id respect him more if he delve into his own with a number, you wear no. 23 when your in high school or if your playing a pick up soccer game in southeast asia and they write a random number with a magic marker on your back. Thats when you pick no. 23, not when your goin pro (sorry jason richardson your still cool to me). Thats about it. Get your own number and be one of the greatest.

Ovratd1up
09-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Perfect, so he can change his number to 6 when he comes to Chicago next summer.

Jonathan2323
09-12-2009, 01:04 AM
he is getting ready when he comes down to Miami because Pat Riley retired Jordan's #.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-12-2009, 01:08 AM
I think he should go with 24.

That number isn't taken yet.

_KB24_
09-12-2009, 01:40 AM
I think he should go with 24.

That number isn't taken yet.

I hope he does. Then he would be the SECOND best player to both wear 23 & 24.

Ovratd1up
09-12-2009, 01:41 AM
Perfect, so he can change his number to 6 when he comes to Chicago next summer.

he is getting ready when he comes down to Miami because Pat Riley retired Jordan's #.

I hope he does. Then he would be the SECOND best player to both wear 23 & 24.

Stupid posts. I don't care if one of them's mine.

Jumba
09-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Wear Double Zero

Only player I can think of is Greg Ostertag... Thats alot to live up to

Toenail Clipper
09-12-2009, 02:47 AM
The number he should wear should say "POSER"
:clap:

blastmasta26
09-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Let's see, Knicks already have a player wearing 23, but no one wearing 6. Hmm...:D

Pensx3
09-12-2009, 12:01 PM
List of players who wear 23:

currently in use:
Charlotte Hornets - Jason Richardson
Cleveland Cavaliers - Lebron James
Dallas Mavericks - Trenton Hassell
Denver Nuggets - Marcus Camby
Indiana Pacers - Stephen Graham
Los Angeles Clippers - Ruben Patterson
Memphis Grizzlies - Casey Jacobsen
New York Knicks - Quentin Richardson
Philadephia 76ers - Louis Williams
Portland Trailblazers - Darius Miles
Sacramento Kings - Kevin Martin

I know these players are doing this out of respect, but I think the number should be retired. No player in the NHL would dare to use the number 99 or 66 for Lemieux or Gretzky...I think the NBA has to retire 23and queen james seems like he would have no problem. everyone wins

MackSnackWrap
09-12-2009, 12:06 PM
he should stick with 23, 6 would be alrite

JWO35
09-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Oh! first he wears MJ's number...now he wants to take Mario Chalmers' number!? :p

lol but LeBron should change his number for many reasons.

jj24
09-12-2009, 12:33 PM
:laugh: Slurp Slurp.

Really? Haha you must be either really immature or perhaps homosexual. (Nothing wrong if you are) but i'm just saying, lebron was just praising 2 legends. Every player wants to be a legend like them. Is there something wrong with that?

I guess u being a kobe fan, you're used to ppl telling u "slurp slurp"

(i'm not a cavs fan, i just don't like when people do or say something when it applies to themselves too)

FlakeyFool
09-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Really? Haha you must be either really immature or perhaps homosexual. (Nothing wrong if you are) but i'm just saying, lebron was just praising 2 legends. Every player wants to be a legend like them. Is there something wrong with that?

I guess u being a kobe fan, you're used to ppl telling u "slurp slurp"

(i'm not a cavs fan, i just don't like when people do or say something when it applies to themselves too)

homer?

koberulesall
09-12-2009, 12:38 PM
this thread is stupid its just a number for christ sakes its not about any kind of records, championships, or anything its about a effin NUMBER? if the comic book store guy was here i think he would say "WORST THREAD EVER!"

drama1386
09-12-2009, 12:42 PM

currently in use:

I know these players are doing this out of respect, but I think the number should be retired. No player in the NHL would dare to use the number 99 or 66 for Lemieux or Gretzky...I think the NBA has to retire 23and queen james seems like he would have no problem. everyone wins

not that it's anything special but jodie meeks of the bucks wears 23 too. and i agree. i think 23 should be retired all throughout the league out of respect for the greatest basketball player ever. in my own opinion, no other player could ever live up to wearing the number 23 like MJ did.

Young and Stupid
09-12-2009, 12:47 PM

currently in use:

Not that it matters, but half of these are out of date, also I like the "Charlotte Hornets" I miss that team, that was the best arena in the NBA back in the day, RIP NBA on NBC.

koberulesall
09-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Not that it matters, but have of these are out of date, also I like the "Charlotte Hornets" I miss that team, that was the best arena in the NBA back in the day, RIP NBA on NBC.

remember when they were a western team with eddie jones?

Kyben36
09-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Did this come up over the MJ number being retired by all teams, that rediculous, the guy was great, but he was great in chicago, let the guy where whatever # he wants, but, he will always be known as the 2nd best 23 to ever play.