PDA

View Full Version : I would just like to be the first person to...

AI4MVP
09-10-2009, 04:45 PM
claim that i predicted that DeMar Derozan will be the next sg/sf super star in the class of kobe, wade, lebron, and durant(who will join them in a year or so).

actually im sure there must be a couple more people who think so, but im just saying..demar derozan will be an mvp candidate and an all star lock for years to come.

congrats raptor fans

IRUAM #21
09-10-2009, 04:47 PM
lol

D Roses Bulls
09-10-2009, 04:55 PM
claim that i predicted that DeMar Derozan will be the next sg/sf super star in the class of kobe, wade, lebron, and durant(who will join them in a year or so).

actually im sure there must be a couple more people who think so, but im just saying..demar derozan will be an mvp candidate and an all star lock for years to come.

congrats raptor fans

now this is funny. ive said it once and ill say it again. like 8 other teams in a bad draft class passed on this guy and some people wanna call him a star? dont get it, derozen will be solid, maybe an all-star a couple of times, but in kobe, wade class? NO FREAKIN WAY!!!

AI4MVP
09-10-2009, 04:59 PM
kay. i dont expect anyone to agree with me. thats why its called a bold statement.

GCOOKIE7
09-10-2009, 05:06 PM
It could happen. But it's much more likely not to happen. His athleticism is on par with those guys.

raptors_fanatic
09-10-2009, 05:07 PM
let see him play at least a second in the NBA before we start making bold statements......&im a raptor fan, im not sayin i dont believe....im just realistic

AI4MVP
09-10-2009, 05:07 PM
like 8 other teams in a bad draft class passed on this guy and some people wanna call him a star?

the draft lass is actually reaaaaally underrated in my opinion. wait and see

Wilson
09-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't know anything about him. I've heard that he's very athletic, but that's all.

People need to remember that Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade aren't MVP candidates just because they're athletic - they've risen to elite status by being students of the game. They've put in lots of practice, studied those who went before them, studied those around them, and practiced again. If DeMar Derozan does that, there's no reason he won't be one of the league's best. But he has to work hard.

AI4MVP
09-10-2009, 05:18 PM
haha im just sayin. when hes a star inm a few years and u all be like "wow i didnt see that coming"...i DID see it coming lol

Sly Guy
09-10-2009, 05:32 PM
I applaud you for your balls, sir. But I'm reserving judgement.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2009, 05:33 PM
I'll agree to disagree with you right now.

bctgg27
09-10-2009, 05:34 PM

I kinda agree with that.

Raph12
09-10-2009, 05:34 PM

congrats raptor fans

And you will be the last

GCOOKIE7
09-10-2009, 05:37 PM
And you will be the last

Raph y r u a fan of all of those teams. I find that really really weird.

Raph12
09-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Raph y r u a fan of all of those teams. I find that really really weird.

I'm a fan of each of those teams (not too big on NO), because they are great teams. But my sig is just of the best player in each position, imo of course.

GCOOKIE7
09-10-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm a fan of each of those teams (not too big on NO), because they are great teams. But my sig is just of the best player in each position, imo of course.

lol cuz i saw the best player of each position and i got a little anxious.

blazerman
09-10-2009, 05:46 PM
kay. i dont expect anyone to agree with me. thats why its called a bold statement.

Im glad to see your not one of those guys that like to put too much pressure on a player!

Raph12
09-10-2009, 05:49 PM
lol cuz i saw the best player of each position and i got a little anxious.

You got me... Timmy Duncan has agreed to play in the 2012 Olympics and that will likely be the starting lineup!

ADDED: PSYCHE!!! Nothing like that is happening, just the best players in each position, that's all lol

ctitus45
09-10-2009, 05:53 PM
this is one of the worst draft classes in the past 10 years. it's hard to say anyone except Blake Griffin and possibly (POSSIBLY!!!!) Rubio will be legit NBA superstars.

Every player has a chance and it matters a lot of what system you fall into. I don't know much about DeRozen but he could be good given the right opportunity. Personally, considering the team he is on, I think James Harden will have a better career than DeRozen.

It is a bold prediction though. I just don't think DeRozen will ever be a number 1 option on a championship squad. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd at best.

Wilson
09-10-2009, 05:54 PM
You got me... Timmy Duncan has agreed to play in the 2012 Olympics and that will likely be the starting lineup!

I never heard that. That's ****ing awesome news though :D I'm hoping to get down to London to watch some of the Olympic basketball in 2012, it would be a joy to watch Tim Duncan along with the rest of the guys :D

EDIT: Just saw what you added, ******* :mad: :mad: :p

Mavrix
09-10-2009, 05:57 PM

The team in your sig would undoubtedly go 82-0 and 16-0 in the playoffs.

AI4MVP
09-10-2009, 06:04 PM
this is one of the worst draft classes in the past 10 years. it's hard to say anyone except Blake Griffin and possibly (POSSIBLY!!!!) Rubio will be legit NBA superstars.

hmm. well i expect the top 5 point guards in a couple of years or so will look something like:

deron williams
chris paul
derrick rose
brandon jennings
tony parker
rajon rondo

(yes im one of the select few that think deron williams is better then cp3)

with tim duncan and kevin garnett not getting any younger, in a couple of years i expect to see blake griffin be the best pf in the game because of amare stoudmires lack of work ethic and blake griffins unmatched work ethic.

i expect earl clark to be the absoleute steal of the draft and be the next danny granger.

and as u can see by this thread that i posted, i expect to see demar derozan be an absolute super star..

so in my opinion, its a very underrated draft

p.s. and i havent even talked about ricky rubio yet, who i was a huge supporter of until i recognized how much of a vagina he is..nevertheless, im in lvoe with his talent and i think if he ever gets his girly *** to the nba he will be a very good player and perenial all star

Raph12
09-10-2009, 06:04 PM
I never heard that. That's ****ing awesome news though :D I'm hoping to get down to London to watch some of the Olympic basketball in 2012, it would be a joy to watch Tim Duncan along with the rest of the guys :D

EDIT: Just saw what you added, ******* :mad: :mad: :p

Lmao :laugh: sorry I couldn't help myself

The team in your sig would undoubtedly go 82-0 and 16-0 in the playoffs.

No doubt, unless you put them up against Deron Williams, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Antony, Kevin Garnett and Al Jefferson/healthy Yao Ming

heyman321
09-10-2009, 06:25 PM
now this is funny. ive said it once and ill say it again. like 8 other teams in a bad draft class passed on this guy and some people wanna call him a star? dont get it, derozen will be solid, maybe an all-star a couple of times, but in kobe, wade class? NO FREAKIN WAY!!!

How do you know this is a bad draft class? Have any of the rookies played a single NBA game yet? Your argument of being picked eighth makes no sense either. Wade was picked 5th. Kobe -- 13th (?). What a huge load of crap. :puke: :puke:

TheMicrowave
09-10-2009, 06:34 PM
No.

Shady66
09-10-2009, 06:41 PM
I wanna see him play a few games first.

lorenz00
09-10-2009, 06:46 PM
you're a jerk Lol i im kidding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv9VKKXwVxU

ThuglifeJ
09-10-2009, 06:52 PM
you're just saying you think he's gonna be a star because you've seen him dunk a few times.
U can't honestly say this guy will be at Wade/Kobe's level...no way. He can barely shoot.

And yeah they say he reminds you of Vince. I'll agree, his looks and expressions remind me of Vince. The fact that he'll be a Raptor reminds me of Vince.
Only difference...
-Vince was a lot stronger and more athletic than this guy.
-was lights out from perimeter
-came in winning Rookie of the Year
-came out of North Carolina
-had literally NO ceiling.

AI4MVP
09-10-2009, 07:12 PM
you're just saying you think he's gonna be a star because you've seen him dunk a few times

thats incorrect but watever. he has a very underrated midrange game. he has the athelticsm, strength, and from wat ive heard the work ethic.

jkiddvc20
09-10-2009, 07:20 PM
I highly, highly, highly, doubt he will ever be in the same company as Lebron, Kobe, Wade.

ThuglifeJ
09-10-2009, 07:29 PM
thats incorrect but watever. he has a very underrated midrange game.

Keep telling yourself that....

Btw I lost a lotta respect when he said in an interview "I can jump better than Vince in his prime"

MackSnackWrap
09-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Really Really Bold Statemen, I m a derozan fan and i hope he somehow becomes sg/sf superstar i doubt it though especially to put him in the likes of kobe and lebron and dwade seems impossible, another thing is many players of the Derozan type have come in to this league and hyped up big e.g Fred Jones, Green, etc, plus he hasnt played evn a single game in the NBA yet so only time well tell

dudeonthemoon
09-10-2009, 08:02 PM
someone give this guy a cookie and a pat on the back

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Cool.

asandhu23
09-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Steph Curry will be the next Ray Allen, Mark My Effing Words

InfamousTHC
09-10-2009, 08:21 PM
lets see in 2 to 3 years... because he needs to work on alot of things!!!

aman_13
09-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I love Derozan, he has great work ethic, and all the tools to be a great player. I would say he has the second highest ceiling in the draft behind Griffin.

IDB Josh M
09-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Maybe, who would have thought that Gilbert Arenas or Manu Ginobli would become stars of their particular team?

Hustla23
09-10-2009, 09:22 PM
He's very raw to say the least.

I read some reports that say that he's more athletic than VC in his prime.

After watching some USC games, I personally don't think that's the case.

He definitely has the raw physical tools to be a good player.

He just needs to work and tone his skills.

Raph12
09-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Steph Curry will be the next Ray Allen, Mark My Effing Words

You're kidding right?

_Sn1P3r_
09-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Keep telling yourself that....

Btw I lost a lotta respect when he said in an interview "I can jump better than Vince in his prime"

He actually improved his mid-range game and it is very solid right now. But people only see him as a dunker, which I can't argue with.

MackSnackWrap
09-10-2009, 09:39 PM
we cant say whos gonna be who in the future you just gotta wait and see in time who turns out how and how good a player they become.

asandhu23
09-10-2009, 09:51 PM
You're kidding right?

no i am not. you can quote that if you want.

yungballah15
09-10-2009, 09:53 PM
he wont be a lebron wade type, im a toronto fan, but thats a lil to far,he has a very good mid range game, yall betta stop hating, hes gonna be successful with that mid range game, but for him he should think he can be better than does guys, but for us to think that its crazy. star player in the making though.

ThuglifeJ
09-10-2009, 09:54 PM
nothing wrong with thinking Curry is the next Allen. Blake and Curry are the only two I really see having a chance at something close to stardom. Harden has an ok chance...Thabeet has a chance.

But I'd put Terrance Williams over this DeRozen.

td0tsfinest
09-10-2009, 10:02 PM
thank you

DerekRE_3
09-10-2009, 10:17 PM

How can you say that when not even a preseason game has been played.

Raph12
09-10-2009, 10:41 PM
no i am not. you can quote that if you want.

No wouldn't waste any sig-space or anything on a statement like that. But I will keep it in mind when the game is on the line and Curry misses the game winning 3, I'll be thinking of your post.

Young and Stupid
09-10-2009, 10:56 PM
haha im just sayin. when hes a star inm a few years and u all be like "wow i didnt see that coming"...i DID see it coming lol

I hate to rain on your parade, but if (and when) you're wrong about this you won't bring it up again, and if somehow (which won't happen) you turn out to be right you'll shove it in everyone's face...jus saying. O and my "bold prediction" is that Brook Lopez will be considered a top 5 center by the end of the year.

SA5195
09-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Who knows, on his twitter (I follow him), and he says that he works out everyday, and is "trying to be the best". He is an athletic freak, he has pretty good mid range game, but we'll see. And lol your like the first non raps fan that said something positive about us :)

AI4MVP
09-11-2009, 05:12 AM
O and my "bold prediction" is that Brook Lopez will be considered a top 5 center by the end of the year.

thats not to bold of a statement. there arent alot of good centers in the league

Ace33Bone
09-11-2009, 08:03 AM

congrats raptor fans

I think at his best he will be a Vince Carter type player but thats pending on if he improves a hell of a lotover his NBA career... I think right now he is raw talent with a very great deal of potential... but I doubt if he ever reaches LeBron's stature