PDA

View Full Version : NBA teams should think twice before drating players off of Regal FC Barcelona (Spain)

D Roses Bulls
09-10-2009, 04:09 PM
This slipped my mind till the name Fran Vasquez just came up who has been a team mate of Ricky Rubio the past couple years. Both Lottery picks and both snubbed the team thats have picked them which were Minnesota (Rubio) and Orlando (Vasquez). i mean 2 lottery picks in the last 4 years and they play on the same team, i mean kind of weird dont you think? I dont know if these guys are not mentally tough whic Fran has had 4 years to get ready and still hasnt come over or they just really like it in Spain. All I know is maybe NBA teams should think twice before using a lottery pick on someone thats plays for Regal FC Barcelona.

randomness
09-10-2009, 06:32 PM
True.... but they took the risk and they knew the players might not have come.

D Roses Bulls
09-10-2009, 11:05 PM
True.... but they took the risk and they knew the players might not have come.

yeah but honestly no one thought rubio would go back to spain before the draft. also fran, thats why the magic drafted him when hthey sucked, they thought he was coming over right away, that was the indication he gave them. im just saying its risky and i wouldnt believe any ones word

d-baller23
09-10-2009, 11:19 PM
We learned our lesson

heatbb
09-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Rubio wasn't in Barcelona the moment he was drafted. Don't know about Vasquez but yeah, you should always think twice when you're drafting players under contract.

ko8e24
09-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Dont kno if this relates, but Juan Carlos Navarro played with FC Barcelona last season while Grizzlies still had his rights. They renounced his rights today, making him unrestricted FA. He may stay in Spain with FC Barcelona or he may return to NBA and sign on with new team.