PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember the reason why Shaq disliked David Robinson?

JordansBulls
09-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Anyone remember the reason why Shaq disliked David Robinson?

I thought it had to do with something like Robinson refused to Shake Shaq's hand or sign an autograph when Shaq was in high school or something of that nature. Anyone remember the exact details?

MTar786
09-10-2009, 02:32 PM
i think it was cuz he rufused the autograph thing.. its ok tho.. cuz shaq whooped on him for like 10 years after that anyway

Mile High Champ
09-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Shaq is funny but man is he an idiot. I get the impression that he really is not liked by a lot of guys around the league. From the sources I have spoken with or heard from, they have all said that many players don't really appreciate Shaq antics too much. I know he screwed over Nash for that show "SHAQ VS" which was Nash's idea from the start. Never really been much of a fan of the way Shaq carries himself.

ko8e24
09-10-2009, 02:37 PM
in a recent interview on sportscenter, shaq said he'z let that go is very happy for the "great David Robinson" for HOF. so its all water under the bridge

thephoenixson28
09-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Cuz shaq poked danny ferry in the butt and david robinson got mad jk

BIGBREED
09-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Shaq is funny but man is he an idiot. I get the impression that he really is not liked by a lot of guys around the league. From the sources I have spoken with or heard from, they have all said that many players don't really appreciate Shaq antics too much. I know he screwed over Nash for that show "SHAQ VS" which was Nash's idea from the start. Never really been much of a fan of the way Shaq carries himself.

...by you saying that "you never been a fan of Shaq", takes all credibility from you!

HATER!

thephoenixson28
09-10-2009, 02:53 PM
http://www.theotherfifteen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/shaq_ferry1.jpg

Ha ha ha :facepalm:

Mile High Champ
09-10-2009, 03:22 PM
...by you saying that "you never been a fan of Shaq", takes all credibility from you!

HATER!

WHat are you even talking about? I said I have never been fan of the way he carries himself. Never said I don't like him. Its an opinion, I am free to make it. Shaq though I know has done some really dumb and BS things in the past.

SteveNash
09-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Robinson dissed him as a kid, then outplayed him when Shaq was first coming to the NBA. The they started having a war of words with Robinson mostly taking the high road. The Shaq dunked on Robinson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v53lwRhU4fs and it was pretty much over, though Shaq's probably still a bit bitter about it.

Oh and there was also Robinson winning the championship in 99 and Shaq saying it deserved an asterisk.

InfamousTHC
09-10-2009, 03:40 PM
They do deserve the asterisk because it was a bull **** lock out season

rockbottom2010
09-10-2009, 04:01 PM
david robinson stole shaqs scoring title in 93-94 scoring 71 points in the last game....

Big Zo
09-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Shaq dislikes a lot of people for no reason.

Steely McBeam
09-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Robinson dissed him as a kid, then outplayed him when Shaq was first coming to the NBA. The they started having a war of words with Robinson mostly taking the high road. The Shaq dunked on Robinson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v53lwRhU4fs and it was pretty much over, though Shaq's probably still a bit bitter about it.

Oh and there was also Robinson winning the championship in 99 and Shaq saying it deserved an asterisk.

Ive never seen that before, that was pretty bad ***, shaq got up there

TheFuture6
09-10-2009, 06:52 PM
david robinson stole shaqs scoring title in 93-94 scoring 71 points in the last game....

This.

LakePackYank
09-10-2009, 06:56 PM
maybe it's because david robinson is better then him?

Raph12
09-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Cause Robinson punked his *** and wasn't afraid of him.

LeonFSU
09-10-2009, 07:27 PM

How exactly do you KNOW? :eyebrow:

NPH
09-10-2009, 07:31 PM

Cause hes a genuis

Vinny642
09-10-2009, 07:44 PM
What really is a lockout? They just end the season?

_KB24_
09-10-2009, 07:51 PM
maybe it's because david robinson is better then him?

:facepalm:

PJAF
09-10-2009, 08:15 PM
It had to do with David's beliefs and what he thought was appropriate behavior/language. Shaq told him toi keep his beliefs to himself.

blazerman
09-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Shaq is one of those guys where you either like him or you dont. I think he has been good for the game and is a recognizable star outside the game but he is a punk in my opinion. I may not like the Lakers but that dumbass rap about Kobe wasnt too cool and then try to act as if he was just joking and tried to be his buddy at the allstar game. He acted like a jerk with the superman thing with Dwight and acts as if superman was his idea, he just stole it from Christopher Reeves and the movie, just like he did with Nash's idea of Nash vs ???. He uses people to get what he wants and has no problem talking smack about others or dissing them but gets offended if somebody else disses him, whatever!

And now he is a vagabond journeyman ctr on the downside of his career just trying to team up with all the most recognizable and most talented players to win championships, which is fine but it makes him look a little stupid considering he always acted as if Bryant wouldnt have won nothing without him and he was the star(just selfish). And if someone wants to through in their 2 cents about me saying he is a vagabond or on the downside like by saying he is better than Oden, save it because Shaq is still better than most but it doesnt change the fact that he is on his way out.

One thing that impresses me about him is, he has been pretty durable over the yrs considering he is 350 plus and has played well over a hundred games a yr for nearly 2 decades.

MackSnackWrap
09-10-2009, 08:42 PM

OMFG thats fukin dirty dunk, never seen it before but dirty as ***. wow.

Mile High Champ
09-10-2009, 09:02 PM

Because for two reasons. Number 1, I had a discussion with Jay Triano (rator coach and best friend of steve nash) about steve nash about him playing for team Canada. He told me that Nash had thought of the idea two years ago and when Shaq heard about it he decided to make the show his own. Number 2, Shaq lost a lawsuit between himself and Nash in court..The lawsuit was over who really created the show, if you look at the end credits, you will see Stev Nash's name under a producing role.

Here is brief article from the yahoo sports to confrim..

Shortly after O'Neal was traded to the Suns in February 2008, Nash mentioned to his new teammate a reality show he was pursuing. It would feature the Suns point guard taking on professional athletes in their own sport.

The topic didn't come up again until early in the 2008-09 season, when O'Neal boarded the Suns bus and told the team he would be starring in a new reality show in which he would be taking on, you got it, professional athletes in their own sport.

"You mean the idea you stole from me?" one Suns representative said he heard Nash say

According to the paper, Nash eventually sought out an entertainment lawyer (Bob Loblaw), which is why he now has an executive-producer credit and the fat compensation that comes with it.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Did-Shaq-steal-Steve-Nash-s-idea-for-reality-TV-?urn=nba,184111

So yeah I know...:D

Mile High Champ
09-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Cause hes a genuis

Yup I am and I just proved why..

ChiSox219
09-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Ideas are worthless, execution of ideas is where it's act.

Even if Shq stole Nash's idea, Nash's show would fail because no one would watch, well at least outside of Canada.

Draco
09-10-2009, 09:22 PM
I'd much rather watch Nash on a talk show than Shaq. Shaq is good at one-liners that are so ridiculous you want to shake your head and smile.. but an actual conversation with Shaq.. meh.

GCOOKIE7
09-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Nash is a better all around athlete than Shaq anyway.

HiphopRelated
09-10-2009, 09:33 PM
in a recent interview on sportscenter, shaq said he'z let that go is very happy for the "great David Robinson" for HOF. so its all water under the bridge
every time he says "the great *inserty name*", he's being facetious

ko8e24
09-10-2009, 11:27 PM
every time he says "the great *inserty name*", he's being facetious

even if he is always like that by saying "Mr." and "the great", we all know that Shaq is a kool dude. He's says things to grab our attention so that we don't "forget" him. He's one of those dude who'll do anything, positively or negatively, just to be remembered. In my eyes, whenever he retires, I will never forget him. And I won't remember him for the negative stuff either, it'd be all the positive stuff he did.

Mile High Champ
09-11-2009, 10:45 AM
How quickly the kids run off when they have been proved wrong..haha

Ebbs
09-11-2009, 11:22 AM

lol dam get owned

LeonFSU
09-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Because for two reasons. Number 1, I had a discussion with Jay Triano (rator coach and best friend of steve nash) about steve nash about him playing for team Canada. He told me that Nash had thought of the idea two years ago and when Shaq heard about it he decided to make the show his own. Number 2, Shaq lost a lawsuit between himself and Nash in court..The lawsuit was over who really created the show, if you look at the end credits, you will see Stev Nash's name under a producing role.

Here is brief article from the yahoo sports to confrim..

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Did-Shaq-steal-Steve-Nash-s-idea-for-reality-TV-?urn=nba,184111

So yeah I know...:D

So you read an article. I read something about it too, so I knew it was out there, but you still don't KNOW anything for certain. If Nash was given a producer credit, then he must have had some involvement, but you can't be sure how involved he was or if Shaq actually "stole" the entire idea for the show from him. And whether you talked to Triano or not doesn't really matter. Of course he is going to recite Nash's version, and I don't have any reason to think Nash would lie, but the point is, there really isn't much evidence of the conversations between Shaq and Nash, so if you aren't either Shaq or Nash, you don't know too much of anything with certainty.

69centers
09-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Probably because everything David says is way over Shaq's head. Robinson is about 10 classier than Shaq could ever be.

SLY WILLIAMS
09-11-2009, 07:24 PM
David said the autograph thing never happened. I tend to believe him. Shaq was a huge star in San Antonio when he went to Cole HS. I doubt David would forget him. I think sometimes Shaq just says stuff. Later on when Drob was retiring I know Shaq changed his tune a lot. Shaq took the high road and said a lot of nice things about Drob.

By the way I'm not a Spurs fan but David has treated my dad/family very well when they have seen him around town. David only lives around 7 minutes away from me. :)

slack_justin
09-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Also shaq had said david was his favorite player when he was young then david wouldnt give him an autograph. shaq also later said he made it up to hype up the rivalry between the lakers and spurs