PDA

View Full Version : will phil 3 peat for the 4th time?

koberulesall
09-10-2009, 01:38 PM
he is 3-0 on his 3 peats will he go 4-0? The Lakers are a very very young team and it is very very possible with all the talent surrounding the most talented player in the game IF Phil plans to stick around I say if they win again this year he will without a doubt be back the fallowing year could he do it??

ps again no haters just honest opinions please

GREATNESS ONE
09-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Honestly this question is going to be a better question next year.

but I say yes

Zefflin
09-10-2009, 01:53 PM
PS this go in the Lakers forum. There already enough Laker **** on here.

JordansBulls
09-10-2009, 02:04 PM
he is 3-0 on his 3 peats will he go 4-0? The Lakers are a very very young team and it is very very possible with all the talent surrounding the most talented player in the game IF Phil plans to stick around I say if they win again this year he will without a doubt be back the fallowing year could he do it??

First off he has to win another title this year before we jump the gun for the following year. Next off, how do you know he isn't going to retire after next season?

koberulesall
09-10-2009, 02:08 PM
thats what Im saying if they win THIS year I bet he will be back NEXT year

effen5
09-10-2009, 02:09 PM
You know what we need....MORE LAKER THREADS!

koberulesall
09-10-2009, 02:14 PM
they seem to be the most popular so why not?

ko8e24
09-10-2009, 02:14 PM
WHEN they repeat in 2010, then yes fo sho'

JordansBulls
09-10-2009, 02:15 PM
thats what Im saying if they win THIS year I bet he will be back NEXT year

Honestly he was hestitant on coming back this upcoming year. If they win again he will most likely retire.

Ace33Bone
09-10-2009, 02:36 PM
I think that he will repeat but they definitely will not 3 peat after all the movement that is going to take place in 2010

t-mac1nukka
09-10-2009, 03:16 PM
how premature is this??? you want no haters....how about check the homerism at the door as well!!!

kingkobe
09-10-2009, 03:36 PM
how premature is this??? you want no haters....how about check the homerism at the door as well!!!

How is that homerism? The dude has won championships only in 3s and not just once or twice but 3 times. It is quite fair to discuss the possibility of another 3-peat as Phil is no fluke.

I think if this team wins this year Phil will have a hard time considering retirement as he will believe he can go for another 3-peat.

theimortalone
09-10-2009, 03:43 PM
:facepalm: to this thread.

koberulesall
09-10-2009, 03:53 PM
How is that homerism? The dude has won championships only in 3s and not just once or twice but 3 times. It is quite fair to discuss the possibility of another 3-peat as Phil is no fluke.

I think if this team wins this year Phil will have a hard time considering retirement as he will believe he can go for another 3-peat.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

koberulesall
09-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Kobe sucks. There, I said it. All these nonsense threads need to stay in the Lakers forum.

then stay out of the threads that have to do with the lakers they are the most talked about sports franchise that is alive and kicking of course they are going to be talked about

op12
09-10-2009, 06:23 PM
i dont think so. there are a lot of good teams in both conferences and i dont think they will repeat, but i could see a misfire this year and then win it again in 2011. there are just too many stacked team for anyone to 3 peat right now.

Wilson
09-10-2009, 06:28 PM
It's possible, but certainly not set in stone.

blazerman
09-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Nope because the Blazers are gonna win it in 2010/2011, the Blazers will go deep in the playoffs this yr but they will win it next yr. The Blazers will have added another key element on the frontline by next yr and with 2 yrs more experience the Blazers will be overtake the Lakers(no team in the league has as much upside at every position as Portland)!

The Lakers are built to win titles, for sure but the last time they brought in excess in the star dept they failed to win a title because too many ego's got in the way and each guy wanted to continually be the go to guy instead of playing within the system. Artest is suspect for that kind of behavior but he could fit in as well.

If the Lakers get tripped up Jackson may call it and step down, well have to see how that develops. But the Blazers will be just as good as LA in two yrs if not better!

Martell Webster and Greg Oden are fully healthy and both have their leaps back. Webster is said to be stroking his shot better than they have ever seen, Oden's confidence and aggresiveness are 100% back and he can go at full speed for long periods of time without getting winded and has worked heavily on a few offensive moves and isnt trying to dunk everything instead using a short jumper and a nice hook shot(also down 15 pds). Lookout (Oden)haters beware he may have started slow but that will change real soon!

MackSnackWrap
09-10-2009, 09:14 PM
once they win in 2010 ye phil will 3peat for the 4th time

ko8e24
09-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Nope because the Blazers are gonna win it in 2010/2011, the Blazers will go deep in the playoffs this yr but they will win it next yr. The Blazers will have added another key element on the frontline by next yr and with 2 yrs more experience the Blazers will be overtake the Lakers(no team in the league has as much upside at every position as Portland)!

The Lakers are built to win titles, for sure but the last time they brought in excess in the star dept they failed to win a title because too many ego's got in the way and each guy wanted to continually be the go to guy instead of playing within the system. Artest is suspect for that kind of behavior but he could fit in as well.

If the Lakers get tripped up Jackson may call it and step down, well have to see how that develops. But the Blazers will be just as good as LA in two yrs if not better!

Martell Webster and Greg Oden are fully healthy and both have their leaps back. Webster is said to be stroking his shot better than they have ever seen, Oden's confidence and aggresiveness are 100% back and he can go at full speed for long periods of time without getting winded and has worked heavily on a few offensive moves and isnt trying to dunk everything instead using a short jumper and a nice hook shot(also down 15 pds). Lookout (Oden)haters beware he may have started slow but that will change real soon!

it was the unflexibility of phil jackson, kobe bryant's selfish acts on the court, shaq's selfish acts in the lockerroom/practice/media, Gary Payton fell into a coma cuz he forgot how to play defense (the ******* Glove with no fingers)......but mainly.....

Shaq, Kobe, and most of all, Karl Malone (missed 1/2 season) had significant injuries, and plus malone, gp and shaq were old as hell.

Prime D-Fish was injured in the finals, Horace Grant didn't even play in playoffs due to injury, our starting forwards were freakin Devean George (dumbest of em all) and Slava Medvedenko, we had 2 rookies, 1 unathletic (walton) and 1 dumb and unathletic (cook). rick fox was injured as well, which is y devean george was the starting SF.

now u have prime, 31 yr old defending NBA Finals MVP and 4-time champ kobe bryant, with old and experienced 4-time champ d-fish.....and that is it in terms of oldness. then u got guys approaching their 30s (high 20s who are in their prime) like Gasol, Odom and the newly acquired Ron (ill take a paycut to win a ring, and i acutally have something to prove to all the haters, Kobe-Like mentality, I will kill you) Artest. Bynum is young up and coming (barring injuries, he is top 5 center, anticipating him actually playing a full season healthy), Farmar and Vujacic are young, both had crap seasons last yr (lakers still won title with their bench sucking for the most part) and are most likely not gonna have the same pathetic seasons, shannon brown is ATHLETIC (a type of players the 04 unathletic, old, and injury prone Lakers could have used), and Lakeshow got Walton, Ammo, Mbenga, and Powell as side orders (lol).

And most of all, this team has TEAM CHEMISTRY!

Toenail Clipper
09-11-2009, 12:11 AM
They're not freakin' young wtf.
They're a bunch of old all stars who will retire in a few years
>_>

Wilson
09-11-2009, 12:57 AM
IMO, the team in the best position to dethrone the Lakers in the West is the Denver Nuggets. They came a long way after Chauncey joined the team. The experience gained in their run to the WCF, and a full training camp under Coach Billups can only mean more good things for this team. If they're lacking anything, it's a consistent scoring threat around the basket, but they can account for that with 'Melo's and JR's explosiveness.

3ballbomber
09-11-2009, 02:14 AM
no

lakerssssssss
09-11-2009, 02:47 AM
I certainly hope so

ko8e24
09-11-2009, 03:33 AM
no

thanx for the input :eyebrow:

_KB24_
09-11-2009, 03:36 AM
i dont think so. there are a lot of good teams in both conferences and i dont think they will repeat, but i could see a misfire this year and then win it again in 2011. there are just too many stacked team for anyone to 3 peat right now.

Lakers 3-peat from 00-02 had teams who were stacked as well

00- Lakers, Blazers, Pacers, Utah, Spurs, and a young Sacramento
01- Lakers, Kings, Spurs, Suns, Portland, Utah
02- Lakers, Kings, New Jersey, San Antonio, Dallas, T-Wolves, Blazers

montazingmvp
09-11-2009, 04:30 AM
then stay out of the threads that have to do with the lakers they are the most talked about sports franchise that is alive and kicking of course they are going to be talked about

you are clearly living in lala land my friend...physically and mentally. the lakers are nowhere near the most talked about sports franchise. they're not even the most talked about american franchise nevermind in the WORLD...

laker fans... :facepalm:

blazerman
09-11-2009, 04:47 AM
it was the unflexibility of phil jackson, kobe bryant's selfish acts on the court, shaq's selfish acts in the lockerroom/practice/media, Gary Payton fell into a coma cuz he forgot how to play defense (the ******* Glove with no fingers)......but mainly.....

Shaq, Kobe, and most of all, Karl Malone (missed 1/2 season) had significant injuries, and plus malone, gp and shaq were old as hell.

Prime D-Fish was injured in the finals, Horace Grant didn't even play in playoffs due to injury, our starting forwards were freakin Devean George (dumbest of em all) and Slava Medvedenko, we had 2 rookies, 1 unathletic (walton) and 1 dumb and unathletic (cook). rick fox was injured as well, which is y devean george was the starting SF.

now u have prime, 31 yr old defending NBA Finals MVP and 4-time champ kobe bryant, with old and experienced 4-time champ d-fish.....and that is it in terms of oldness. then u got guys approaching their 30s (high 20s who are in their prime) like Gasol, Odom and the newly acquired Ron (ill take a paycut to win a ring, and i acutally have something to prove to all the haters, Kobe-Like mentality, I will kill you) Artest. Bynum is young up and coming (barring injuries, he is top 5 center, anticipating him actually playing a full season healthy), Farmar and Vujacic are young, both had crap seasons last yr (lakers still won title with their bench sucking for the most part) and are most likely not gonna have the same pathetic seasons, shannon brown is ATHLETIC (a type of players the 04 unathletic, old, and injury prone Lakers could have used), and Lakeshow got Walton, Ammo, Mbenga, and Powell as side orders (lol).

And most of all, this team has TEAM CHEMISTRY!

I was referring to 2004 and you just gave "10 excuses" as to why they didnt win but it still comes down to ego's Jackson,Shaq,Kobe and unwilling to commit to the team first. Why do think they had guys like Medvedenko and Devean George,hum probably because they also had 4 future HOF'ers. Then you ramble on saying Shaq was old yet he goes on to win a title a yr later!

The Lakers had chemistry last yr but this is a new yr and you dont know what will happen with a nutcase like Artest and he's the type that if he says he will kill you then you might want to take him serious. And he is liable to go off on a teammate if he doesnt get a ring this yr after figuring it is a lock. Is Kobe is danger, now thats a good question, maybe he should have a restraining order filled out just in case someone goes postal and disrupts the harmonious vibe in LA.

The Lakers will be good as usual but time changes everything and the Blazers time is coming and Kobe is the Lakers and when his downturn comes expect teams to go in for the kill. Gasol,Bynum and Artest are all good ballers but they dont exactly put the fear of god in anybody! Only someone that is used to getting beat down will concede to the fact that LA will get a 3peat after just winning one or a Laker fan but no way in hell I'd say that or even consider it with the rising power we have in Portland.

I do respect the quality of the team the Lakers have and would give them a good shot to contend if not win the title for the next couple of yrs but to flat out hand it to them, no way!

xxxplicit69
09-11-2009, 05:15 AM

he has a very good chance at doing it with the addition of ron artest.

azkarraga
09-11-2009, 05:21 AM
this is the ever-returning thread about kobe and the rings in disguise!!!!

no matter how many rings he wins, he'll never be as big as MJ.

close this!

Mave1002
09-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Given that thered be no major injuries, Hell yeah.

Iron24th
09-11-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm convinced a 4th threepeat is in the making.

king4day
09-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Possible, yes.
I can't really see it happening though. The league is too deep.
It's not like LA ran through the playoffs with ease. They barely got by Houston and couple of bad breaks cost Orlando from making the finals closer.
The Spurs are better and the Blazers could be elite this year. Then you have to worry about the east.

GREATNESS ONE
09-11-2009, 11:29 AM
lol

Super.
09-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Enough with the Lakers threads that belong in the Lakers forum. the majority of the NBA hates the lakers

and with teams like the Spurs, Cavs, Magic, and Celtics all getting better? No freakin way

(but, he somehow magicly does, i will call him the best coach ever)

Mr.SmackYoMama
09-11-2009, 12:09 PM
NOPE!!!!!!!!! 2 more titles in a row just aint gonna happen in this day in age . Kobe aint Jordan......Odom aint Pippen........Bynum aint Rodman.......Gasol aint Cartwright LOL (Ok that one was a joke).

koberulesall
09-11-2009, 02:39 PM
you are clearly living in lala land my friend...physically and mentally. the lakers are nowhere near the most talked about sports franchise. they're not even the most talked about american franchise nevermind in the WORLD...

laker fans... :facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: some people just cant except truth when it makes them mad HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrblisterdundee
09-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Wait until after another Laker championship to ask this question.

mrblisterdundee
09-11-2009, 08:43 PM
NOPE!!!!!!!!! 2 more titles in a row just aint gonna happen in this day in age . Kobe aint Jordan......Odom aint Pippen........Bynum aint Rodman.......Gasol aint Cartwright LOL (Ok that one was a joke).

Ron Artest is the closest the Lakers have to Scottie Pippen, not Lamar Odom. Odom is more of a Tony Kukoc.

lalfan4life243
09-11-2009, 08:50 PM
i love the lakers i bleed purple and gold as much as i would like to say it we got to face it we still got to win these next 2 its to early to tell but if we stay health and the team stays togather then yes i would like to believe so we can lets face it whos there to challenge us really boston 4 great players but old cleveland losing everyone if we win this year then we have a great shot at a 3 peat

ko8e24
09-12-2009, 02:59 AM
I was referring to 2004 and you just gave "10 excuses" as to why they didnt win but it still comes down to ego's Jackson,Shaq,Kobe and unwilling to commit to the team first. Why do think they had guys like Medvedenko and Devean George,hum probably because they also had 4 future HOF'ers. Then you ramble on saying Shaq was old yet he goes on to win a title a yr later!

The Lakers had chemistry last yr but this is a new yr and you dont know what will happen with a nutcase like Artest and he's the type that if he says he will kill you then you might want to take him serious. And he is liable to go off on a teammate if he doesnt get a ring this yr after figuring it is a lock. Is Kobe is danger, now thats a good question, maybe he should have a restraining order filled out just in case someone goes postal and disrupts the harmonious vibe in LA.

The Lakers will be good as usual but time changes everything and the Blazers time is coming and Kobe is the Lakers and when his downturn comes expect teams to go in for the kill. Gasol,Bynum and Artest are all good ballers but they dont exactly put the fear of god in anybody! Only someone that is used to getting beat down will concede to the fact that LA will get a 3peat after just winning one or a Laker fan but no way in hell I'd say that or even consider it with the rising power we have in Portland.

I do respect the quality of the team the Lakers have and would give them a good shot to contend if not win the title for the next couple of yrs but to flat out hand it to them, no way!

You are right, they must WORK FOR IT! Thanks for the post, and I respect the fact that you're not "completely ruling it out".

One advice.....how do we beat yall in Portland, lol, Im so sick of losing there yr after yr. :D

Should be fun next season, hope to meet yall in the playoffs (im assuming 2nd rd, lakers 1st seed vs blazers 4th/5th seed.)

blazerman
09-12-2009, 03:31 AM
You are right, they must WORK FOR IT! Thanks for the post, and I respect the fact that you're not "completely ruling it out".

One advice.....how do we beat yall in Portland, lol, Im so sick of losing there yr after yr. :D

Should be fun next season, hope to meet yall in the playoffs (im assuming 2nd rd, lakers 1st seed vs blazers 4th/5th seed.)

How do the Lakers win in Portland, well i was just wondering how Portland wins in LA, (it's about the same for us down there).

You wont see Portland in the second rd this yr because they they will be the #2 seed this yr so it looks more like the West finals(people just want to give the Spurs the #2 seed all ready but it wont happen), the Blazers will step to the top or very very near this yr. The Spurs and Nuggets will both be good but Portland will establish themselves as the real contender to the Lakers from here on in. It may sound bold and far fetched but I know better and it will happen.

As far as the Lakers go, no I wouldnt say they couldnt get a 3 peat because they have the team to do it. This yr should be the peak yr for Bryant and hard to see anything short of a title for him but I do think a gradual decline starts after this season not too noticable but it's coming(could be wrong but I think he starts feeling the grind in his bones but a 90% Kobe is probably just as lethal,). The Blazers will undoubtedly add a good solid backup at the PF position to bolster the frontline by the deadline or next summer and should be ready to battle for more than the west(next yr I say for the Blazers)

No doubt LA does well this yr but keep an eye on the Blazers and dont be surprised when you see them in the west finals this yr. The NBA will see a much improved, slimmer, healthier and more confident Greg Oden and with the addition of a healthy Martell Webster(he's gonna surprise alot of people gauranteed) and Andre Miller the Blazers will be way tougher than last season and 58 to 61 wins is coming. But the true test comes in the playoffs as usual but this team will step up.

Best of luck to you guys this season (doubt you need it but good luck anyway). I see the Lakers window fully opened for championship contention with "Kobe" for about 3 more yrs. They wont make it out of the every yr for 3 more yrs( 1 or 2 is more reasonable) but they're serious title contention should be about that, Artest will fall off sooner than Bryant but they both have plenty of time.

I really shake my head on how much of a free pass everyone gives the Spurs when RJ will only add about as much as Webster(both will be significant though)and McDyess is nothing with a healthy Oden and Pryzbilla and Aldridge will keep Duncan very busy(Duncan is getting up there and Aldridge worked him last yr and will again this yr). Miller will add a whole lotta matchup troubles for the Spurs defensively(Parker always does well against the Blazers but now he will get posted up plenty himself.

Remember what I said in this post because you will either see just how right I was or you got plenty of ammo to fire at me down the road, haha Blazerman