PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Trade Can Still Fall Through?

Shaq Diesel
09-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey,

I'm new to the forums and I just can't figure out to answer to the following question regarding the trade which sent Shaq to Cleveland.

As you know, no deals can be complete until all players either take a physical or the team waives a physical.

- Shaq passed his physical

- The Suns waived Ben Wallace's physical and bought-out his contract.

HOWEVER...Pavlovic has yet to take a physical two months after the trade and they have not waived his physical yet.

They traded for him to waive him, but he has not been waived or traded yet.

IF they choose to keep him instead and he fails his physical when he reports to Suns training camp, doesn't the Shaq trade fall through?

Or was Sasha's physical automatically waived after Wallace's physical was waived?

What's going on here? Technically, can this deal still fall through?

I would appreciate your help regarding this issue.

I really want to see Shaq and LeBron next year, but I'm worried it falls through over Pavlovic's situation.

Thanks.

Jacob K.
09-09-2009, 11:21 PM
:shrug:

b_rad23
09-09-2009, 11:29 PM
It won't...

Mr.Nate30
09-09-2009, 11:32 PM
doubt it

Shaq Diesel
09-09-2009, 11:41 PM
But TECHNICALLY, can it still fall through based on the Pavlovic situation?

Or was his physical waived when they bought-out Wallace given that it was a package deal?

I just don't understand this whole situation and whether it can fall through or not should they decide to keep him and he fails a physical when he reports to training camp in a few weeks.

Wilson
09-09-2009, 11:41 PM
:shrug:

Ovratd1up
09-09-2009, 11:49 PM
It won't...

theLgndKllr35
09-09-2009, 11:58 PM

Or was his physical waived when they bought-out Wallace given that it was a package deal?

I just don't understand this whole situation and whether it can fall through or not should they decide to keep him and he fails a physical when he reports to training camp in a few weeks.

Exactly

rsweene
09-10-2009, 12:04 AM
The Suns dumped shaqs $20 gagillion contract on cleveland. I doubt it that theyd take shaq back on a simple formality such as a professional athelete failing his physical. Pavlovich gets 1-2 mil gauranteed next season? theyll do the same to wallace if hey smell something salty. But I dont see anything falling thru, unless the magic are plotting something... haha

NiTEFuRY
09-10-2009, 12:17 AM
The Suns dumped shaqs $20 gagillion contract on cleveland.

:laugh:

heyman321
09-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Really?

Seriously.

BlondeBomber41
09-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Of course it couldnt be reversed. Even if what you were saying is technically true, the Suns already bought out Wallace and he signed with the Pistons so unless they can travel back in time then they would be stuck.

xxxplicit69
09-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Hey,

I'm new to the forums and I just can't figure out to answer to the following question regarding the trade which sent Shaq to Cleveland.

As you know, no deals can be complete until all players either take a physical or the team waives a physical.

- Shaq passed his physical

- The Suns waived Ben Wallace's physical and bought-out his contract.

HOWEVER...Pavlovic has yet to take a physical two months after the trade and they have not waived his physical yet.

They traded for him to waive him, but he has not been waived or traded yet.

IF they choose to keep him instead and he fails his physical when he reports to Suns training camp, doesn't the Shaq trade fall through?

Or was Sasha's physical automatically waived after Wallace's physical was waived?

What's going on here? Technically, can this deal still fall through?

I would appreciate your help regarding this issue.

I really want to see Shaq and LeBron next year, but I'm worried it falls through over Pavlovic's situation.

Thanks.

damn this sounds like bs:mad: espn is just looking for news, no way david stern lets that happen over sasha, shaq and the king will enter the 09-10 season together in cleveland.:clap:

Shaq Diesel
09-10-2009, 01:47 AM
Of course it couldnt be reversed. Even if what you were saying is technically true, the Suns already bought out Wallace and he signed with the Pistons so unless they can travel back in time then they would be stuck.

That's my point, though. Can't it still be rescinded based on the Pavlovic physical?

Remember, Tyson Chandler to Oklahoma City fell through because he failed his physical.

This whole thing is REALLY confusing me.

I would HATE to see this deal fall through and see Shaq go back to Phoenix because Kerr's mistakes have destroyed that team.

They wasted a GREAT year from Shaq this past season and it was ruined because of two things:

1) Terry Porter ruined the first half of the season, "leading" them to the # 9 seed by the All-Star break by not letting the team play to their strengths. Who hired him? Kerr.

2) Amare's injury ruined the second half of the season because Diaw was traded. Who traded him? Kerr.

It was PAINFUL watching Barnes try to replace Amare.

I want to see Shaq/LeBron next year.

But I still have this fear that this deal could still fall through based on the Pavlovic situation.

Basically, my question is:

1) He can't fail the physical and the Suns ask for Shaq back after they already bought-out Wallace, right?

Or can it still be taken back?

Sox Appeal
09-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Shaq is officially a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers. The trade is done, and it has been for awhile.

dodie53
09-10-2009, 03:27 AM
goodbye shaq, stay in cleveland

bleedprple&gold
09-10-2009, 02:15 PM
damn this sounds like bs:mad: espn is just looking for news, no way david stern lets that happen over sasha, shaq and the king will enter the 09-10 season together in cleveland.:clap:

He made no mention of espn, this was just something he was curious about, did not hear it from any source I'm assuming...

Shaq Diesel
09-10-2009, 04:42 PM
I did not hear this from ESPN or anybody else.

I just can't figure out the answer to this question.

Technically, it still seems the deal CAN fall through because of the Pavlovic situation...

I just hope that it's officially done...

TheMicrowave
09-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Is this a serious thread?

GCOOKIE7
09-10-2009, 05:04 PM

So you don't understand it but ur making a thread about it.

Shaq Diesel
09-10-2009, 09:10 PM
So you don't understand it but ur making a thread about it.

Yeah, I made a thread about it so I can find out what is really going on with this situation and whether the deal can still fall through.

Does anyone have a definitive answer to this?

jetsfan28
09-10-2009, 09:14 PM
The Suns don't want Shaq. If Pavlovic didn't already take his physical, which you're saying he didn't (source?), then it was either waived or he'll pass no matter what. I'm guessing if he didn't take it, it was already waived, or Shaq wouldn't have been introduced with the Cavs.

Shaq Diesel
09-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Shaq being introduced at a press conference is irrelevant to the issue of taking a physical to complete a trade.

Vince Carter was introduced as a member of the Magic before Alston/Lee/Battie took their physicals with the Nets.

I just want to know if, technically, this deal still has a chance to fall through or whether the Suns are stuck with Sasha given that they waived Wallace's physical and bought him out.

I would HATE to see this deal fall through.

jetsfan28
09-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Shaq being introduced at a press conference is irrelevant to the issue of taking a physical to complete a trade.

Vince Carter was introduced as a member of the Magic before Alston/Lee/Battie took their physicals with the Nets.

I just want to know if, technically, this deal still has a chance to fall through or whether the Suns are stuck with Sasha given that they waived Wallace's physical and bought him out.

No, it isn't irrelevant. They wouldn't introduce him unless they were 100% sure it's going through. Which means that, even if it's not complete, which it almost definitely is (not sure where you're seeing Sasha didn't take his physical), it will go through.

GunFactor187
09-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Yeah, it had to go through, there are certain steps that you have to go through in order for a trade to pass and that's including a physical. I'm guessing that Pavlovic's waivers are pending that's why you thought that he didn't take certain steps to make the trade happen or what not.

Shaq Diesel
09-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Yeah, it had to go through, there are certain steps that you have to go through in order for a trade to pass and that's including a physical. I'm guessing that Pavlovic's waivers are pending that's why you thought that he didn't take certain steps to make the trade happen or what not.

Well, they traded for Sasha to waive him, but it's been two months since the trade and he still hasn't been released.

Should they decide to keep him and he fails his physical when he reports to training camp, what would happen then?

king4day
09-11-2009, 12:07 AM

The Suns waived the physical part. This was done due to a salary dump. Kerr has said it himself. Like the knicks getting Mobly in the randolph trade, they understood that he failed his and had to retire but didn't recind.
And if for something reason he did fail it, they would work with the cavs to get another player involved. In which cash would be sent along to Phoenix.

Ben Wallace is a Piston again and already signed his contract. The legal problems would be to enormous for Phoenix in what they'd have to compensate Detroit with to get him back just to send everyone back to the Cavs.

This is a non issue and there is no possible way it could happen.

king4day
09-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Well, they traded for Sasha to waive him, but it's been two months since the trade and he still hasn't been released.

Should they decide to keep him and he fails his physical when he reports to training camp, what would happen then?

The only way they'd consider keeping him is if Richardson AND BArbosa both get hurt.
They can still save the money as long as he's bought out by the end of the december. They might hang onto him to play while Richardson is suspended, but they've been talking to his agent about the buyout in order to allow him to go to another team before the season. So I'd expect it soon.

Shaq Diesel
09-11-2009, 12:27 AM
The only way they'd consider keeping him is if Richardson AND BArbosa both get hurt.
They can still save the money as long as he's bought out by the end of the december. They might hang onto him to play while Richardson is suspended, but they've been talking to his agent about the buyout in order to allow him to go to another team before the season. So I'd expect it soon.

Well, again, what if they do choose to keep him?

Then he HAS to take the physical when he reports to training camp.

And if he fails, it seems this deal could still technically fall through, correct?

Or are they stuck with him considering the Wallace buy-out is done and they waived Ben's physical and it was a package deal?

This whole thing is REALLY confusing...

Vee-Rex
09-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Dude, it's not confusing. The deal is done.

I'm pretty sure there is a time limit after a trade is done. Even if Sasha fails his physical, the time to make the deal fall through is over with. You can't honestly believe that now, or even next month from now (assuming Sasha still doesn't do his physical) that they'd try to reverse everything?

Tyson Chandler failed his physical not long after he was traded. It's too late on the Shaq deal.

Ben Wallace signed with Detroit. A contract. The entire deal is over.