PDA

View Full Version : Wade/Heat end extension talks.

fairandbalanced
09-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Dwyane Wade said Wednesday that discussions with the Heat on signing an extension this off-season have ended.

"Yeah, that's no longer a conversation we're really having right now," Wade told The Miami Herald. "We've talked about it all summer. We know where they are -- they know where we are. We both want the best. But the focus is only on trying to get better than we were last year. And then we'll get back to the table and look at everything."

Doesn't seem like they ended it on a good note....which makes 2010 even more interesting.

BALLER71
09-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Would really like to see how this team will be built without Wade.

MiamiHeat
09-09-2009, 07:02 PM
we all knew he wasn't going to sign an extension this offseason
so..

CALM DOWN BULLS FANS!!

:)

fairandbalanced
09-09-2009, 07:04 PM
we all knew he wasn't going to sign an extension this offseason
so..

CALM DOWN BULLS FANS!!

:)

You may be surprised.....nothing is a given in this league. I wish he stays, but with the Nike contract....they might want a bigger market.

lorenz00
09-09-2009, 07:29 PM
i wont be surprise if he goes to the bulls rose and wade tandem deadly :D

MackSnackWrap
09-09-2009, 07:33 PM
ye that would be sickk

UK Ivy
09-09-2009, 07:41 PM
they would cancel ou each other the bulls need Chris Bosh

bbcmillionaire
09-09-2009, 08:04 PM
come on home wade

LakePackYank
09-09-2009, 08:08 PM
well this could be wade's last year with the heat...enjoy while it last heat fans lol

HiphopRelated
09-09-2009, 08:14 PM
6 years 120 mil contract

>>3 yr 60 million extension

simple mathematics

Ironman5219
09-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Miami should have made some moves to make them a contender and not a pretender... its to late now, No Lamar, no Boozer, and next year no Wade. Sorry heat welcome to that feared staged called "rebuilding"

IRUAM #21
09-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Miami should have made some moves to make them a contender and not a pretender... its to late now, No Lamar, no Boozer, and next year no Wade. Sorry heat welcome to that feared staged called "rebuilding"

Totally, the 5th seed last year has to rebuild.

ItsTheLastAce
09-09-2009, 08:45 PM
expected, hes not gonna sign an extension unless the team can contend

sportsfreak475
09-09-2009, 08:52 PM

haha, well said. I'm rooting for him to go to the Bulls.

CQSox305
09-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Id love him on the Bulls, but in the long run I feel he stays in Miami.

AirJordanXVIII
09-09-2009, 08:57 PM
I hope he stays in Miami. He feels at home there.

Master Mind
09-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Nothing new here, none of the top tier 2010 prospects signed an extension this year, this was expected...

gocubs2118
09-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I hope he stays in Miami. He feels at home there.

Or he could feel at home AT home in Chicago.

J$mo0th_3o5
09-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Of course he turned it down. He can make like 30-40 million more signing next year.

ILLN355
09-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Totally, the 5th seed last year has to rebuild.

The Heat are nothing without D Wade.
High lottery pick after they lose him.

IRUAM #21
09-09-2009, 09:47 PM
The Heat are nothing without D Wade.
High lottery pick after they lose him.

Yup all that cap space wont be used. :facepalm:

effen5
09-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Yup all that cap space wont be used. :facepalm:

Whose gonna goto Miami when Wade leaves?

Met him today though at the Lunch with a Legend...Hes now my favorite player.....What a great guy right there.

Wilson
09-09-2009, 10:33 PM
I don't want Wade to go to Chicago. Both him and Rose are a joy to watch when they have the ball, it would be a shame to force one off the ball...

DABEARS23
09-09-2009, 10:37 PM
I love D Wade and nothing would OF made me happier but we got DRose1 and unfortunately I know Wades going to take the bigger contract that Miami can offer him...We got DRose1 to build around so keep him in Miami

HiphopRelated
09-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Whose gonna goto Miami when Wade leaves?

Met him today though at the Lunch with a Legend...Hes now my favorite player.....What a great guy right there.
uh...because they'll be signed BEFORE he leaves??

Boozer could be signed on day 1 for starters.

effen5
09-09-2009, 10:44 PM
uh...because they'll be signed BEFORE he leaves??

Boozer could be signed on day 1 for starters.

''That's not my feeling,'' Wade said, adding he would encourage Riley to make moves. ``I've been here six years, and if me signing back will lure people, that hasn't happened. Over the last couple of years, no one [big] has made their way to Miami. I don't believe that's the final decision for someone coming down. You have to get them and make them feel they want to come here.

Hello Free Agency

effen5
09-09-2009, 10:46 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/espnradiostations/i/espnchicago/radio/albums/090909_02.jpg

b_rad23
09-09-2009, 10:49 PM
:laugh2:

I agree. Turn down 30 million, South beach, and the most cap in the league +Beasley Mario and Cook

so you could go back to the cold windy city (that you left on your own decision in college) and play with an average roster for 30 million less where your scheming wife lives....I see now!!! Makes sense!!!

effen5
09-09-2009, 10:50 PM

I agree. Turn down 30 million, South beach, and the most cap in the league +Beasley Mario and Cook

so you could go back to the cold windy city (that you left on your own decision in college) and play with an average roster for 30 million less where your scheming wife lives....I see now!!! Makes sense!!!

:facepalm:

Draco
09-09-2009, 10:53 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/espnradiostations/i/espnchicago/radio/albums/090909_02.jpg

Nice pic lol

effen5
09-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Nice pic lol

Thats from the ESPN website, I actually uploaded 20 some pics today that I took of Dwade. Heres some of my favs

Silvy Waddle Wade
http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss79/effen13/DSC00077.jpg

Wade holding up a Derrick Rose Shirt
http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss79/effen13/DSC00078.jpg

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss79/effen13/DSC00079.jpg

Silvy holding a chicago bulls shirt with Wade and #3
http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss79/effen13/DSC00075.jpg

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss79/effen13/DSC00076.jpg

BTW, he was ****in awesome! Such a great guy.

effen5
09-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Posted the rest of the pics here.

http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10791157&posted=1#post10791157

Big Zo
09-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Or he could feel at home AT home in Chicago.

....or maybe he's tired of having shrinkage all the time from all the cold weather up there.

effen5
09-10-2009, 11:27 AM
....or maybe he's tired of having shrinkage all the time from all the cold weather up there.

we'll get him a winter jacket and lined pants? :laugh:

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2009, 11:56 AM

I like how your trying to use weather as a factor. As if only the good players come play in warm weather.

Good thing MJ didn't know about how warm Miami was, he would've bolted in a second.

Big Zo
09-10-2009, 12:10 PM
I like how your trying to use weather as a factor. As if only the good players come play in warm weather.

Good thing MJ didn't know about how warm Miami was, he would've bolted in a second.

I meant it as a joke, but weather and city can definitely be a factor. Especially if that city can pay you more.

effen5
09-10-2009, 01:14 PM
I meant it as a joke, but weather and city can definitely be a factor. Especially if that city can pay you more.

I dont think its about money for Wade anymore. I think he wants to goto a team that can pay him a fairly decent amount while being in contention. Unfortunately there is too much inexperience for the Heat from the coaching staff to the last guy on the roster.

Big Zo
09-10-2009, 01:44 PM
I dont think its about money for Wade anymore. I think he wants to goto a team that can pay him a fairly decent amount while being in contention. Unfortunately there is too much inexperience for the Heat from the coaching staff to the last guy on the roster.

And somehow the Bulls are better? I seem to remember the Heat having a better record and beating the Bulls 3 out of 4 times...

effen5
09-10-2009, 02:03 PM
And somehow the Bulls are better? I seem to remember the Heat having a better record and beating the Bulls 3 out of 4 times...

I seem to remember Dwayne Wade being there....but I might be wrong.

effen5
09-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Current Roster Heat Roster minus Wade
Joel Anthony - ???
Michael Beasley
Mario Chalmers
D Cook
Y Diawra
Udonis Haslem
James Jones
Jermaine Oneal
Chris Quinn
Q Richardson
Dorell Wright
J Magloire

Bulls current Roster
Luol Deng
TajGibson
Kirk Hinrich
Lindsay Hunter
Jerome James
James Johnson
Brad Miller
Joahkim Noah
Jannero Pargo
Derrick Rose
Tyrus THomas

If you can honestly say Dwade would win more games with Miami then with the Bulls...more props to ya lol.

nitric
09-10-2009, 02:17 PM

Lmao that's because you have someone called Dwyane Wade on your team. Heat without Wade is a D-League team

Big Zo
09-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Lmao that's because you have someone called Dwyane Wade on your team. Heat without Wade is a D-League team

And after 2010 we'll still have someone called Dwyane Wade and someone called Chris Bosh. :)

Big Zo
09-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Current Roster Heat Roster minus Wade
Joel Anthony - ???
Michael Beasley
Mario Chalmers
D Cook
Y Diawra
Udonis Haslem
James Jones
Jermaine Oneal
Chris Quinn
Q Richardson
Dorell Wright
J Magloire

Bulls current Roster
Luol Deng
TajGibson
Kirk Hinrich
Lindsay Hunter
Jerome James
James Johnson
Brad Miller
Joahkim Noah
Jannero Pargo
Derrick Rose
Tyrus THomas

If you can honestly say Dwade would win more games with Miami then with the Bulls...more props to ya lol.

...and if he really is dumb enough to leave all that money on the table, more props to you, I guess...

KH12
09-10-2009, 02:54 PM
:jumpy:

effen5
09-10-2009, 03:14 PM
...and if he really is dumb enough to leave all that money on the table, more props to you, I guess...

Again, it depends if he wants more money or wants to win....a lot of players have taken less money to win.

Big Zo
09-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Again, it depends if he wants more money or wants to win....a lot of players have taken less money to win.

Fine, but you're making it seem like Chicago is currently a contender, which they aren't. Besides, the Heat's plan is to re-sign Wade and add another max contract player to help him out in 2010. I'm not gonna pretend to know what he's planning to do cuz only he knows, but I really don't see him leaving.

MiamiHeat
09-10-2009, 03:28 PM
he rejected the bulls hat and the jersey :clap:

KH12
09-10-2009, 03:31 PM

He rejected putting them on for a picture (obviously) but he put them in his bag to take home. :)

tbo41fan
09-10-2009, 03:33 PM

you mention beasley, cook, and mario, then say the Bulls roster is average?

Big Zo
09-10-2009, 03:39 PM
He rejected putting them on for a picture (obviously) but he put them in his bag to take home. :)

Look at his face in the picture. It's like he's saying to himself: "I don't want nothing to do with this fruity *** cow anymore." :D :p

tbo41fan
09-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Look at his face in the picture. It's like he's saying to himself: "I don't want nothing to do with this fruity *** cow anymore." :D :p

ha ha, thats funny I gotta admit.

Silent
09-10-2009, 03:46 PM

OFF COURSE HE REJECTED IT HE STILL A MEMBER OF THE HEAT:rolleyes:

BUT SURE WOULD OF BEEN FUNNY TO SEE ALL THE HEAT FANS CRY IF HE ACCEPTED IT :D

effen5
09-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Fine, but you're making it seem like Chicago is currently a contender, which they aren't. Besides, the Heat's plan is to re-sign Wade and add another max contract player to help him out in 2010. I'm not gonna pretend to know what he's planning to do cuz only he knows, but I really don't see him leaving.

And I do see him leaving if not to Chicago but definetly a contender. And I never said or "seem like" Bulls are a contender, but our team on its own can make it to the playoffs and it "seems like" we're missing 1-2 pieces while the Heat....without Dwade....probably 15 win team. Im going to use 07-08 as an example where Wade was hurt and won 15 games. THat 07-08 had a lot more talent then last years talent as well until that whole team went to hell and traded off everyone.

effen5
09-10-2009, 03:47 PM

No, the reason why he rejected taking a picture with it is because the hat in the picture is adidas and hes signed with Nike but there is a number 3 on the back of the hat.

MiamiHeat
09-10-2009, 03:52 PM
I can't wait until Wade resigns with Miami
so all this Bulls fans can stop dreaming about Wade coming to Chicago

effen5
09-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Also you guys keep mentioning weather. Silvy asked 20 questions to Wade and four of them were

What is the best thing about miami?
Wade: Weather

WHat is the worst thing about miami?

What is the best thing about chicago?
Wade: My family is here

What is the worst thing about Chicago?

I thought that was funny.

KeithLBC
09-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I hope he signs with the Bulls, the Bulls have endured a lot of losing seasons since #23 left. With the players that the Bulls currently have, I think adding Wade would make them a contender, even in the improved east.

effen5
09-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I can't wait until Wade resigns with Miami
so all this Bulls fans can stop dreaming about Wade coming to Chicago

Of course hes going to resign...like Gordon said he wanted to resign with the Bulls and bolt to Detroit lol.

Thank god everyone can read each others minds.

MiamiHeat
09-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Bulls fans just keep denying everything related about Wade not going to Chicago, any little connection of Wade and Chicago they go crazy about it

Big Zo
09-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Bulls fans just keep denying everything related about Wade not going to Chicago, any little connection of Wade and Chicago they go crazy about it

And all just because he's from there. There's only like 10 players that are currently playing in the city they grew up in. Two of them play in Miami, coincidentally. Besides, It's not like he had a great life in Chicago.

effen5
09-10-2009, 04:03 PM

Go listen to the podcast....staring from 26:50

Silvy: Is there a chance if you have a bad season with Miami, would you be in a bulls uniform next year?

Wade: Im a free agent next summer thats my only answer

He might come to Chicago, he might not, but he IS a FREE AGENT next summer and I think hes leaving im not sure where but definetly leaving to a contender

MiamiLoyal926
09-10-2009, 04:09 PM
haha, well said. I'm rooting for him to go to the Bulls.

More money + more years if he waits until FA? What’s so hard to understand? And guess what?

If he waits... he gets to see Riley make his moves first and then using his bird rights Miami can sign him over cap! Problem solved.

Its best for both Miami and Wade to wait until Summer 2010. Relax.

Now if Riley makes bad decisions in 2010, then I can see wade signing elsewhere. I won't blame Wade for leaving their.... BUT I DOUBT IT!!

WADE in a HEAT Jersey Game opener 2010-2011.

Bulls with Wade does not Equal Championship... SORRY!
Miami + Wade + Plenty Cap + Bird Rights can potenially equal Championship.

MiamiHeat
09-10-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm 100% positive Wade will resign with Miami

effen5
09-10-2009, 04:13 PM
More money + more years if he waits until FA? What’s so hard to understand? And guess what?

If he waits... he gets to see Riley make his moves first and then using his bird rights Miami can sign him over cap! Problem solved.

Its best for both Miami and Wade to wait until Summer 2010. Relax.

Now if Riley makes bad decisions in 2010, then I can see wade signing elsewhere. I won't blame Wade for leaving their.... BUT I DOUBT IT!!

WADE in a HEAT Jersey Game opener 2010-2011.

Bulls with Wade does not Equal Championship... SORRY!
Miami + Wade + Plenty Cap + Bird Rights can potenially equal Championship.

Seems like Wade - Shaq + Miami = Doesnt win a championship either. And Wade already said hes not signing until Riley gets help. Riley hasnt done anything but made the team worse since the championship. Wade tried to lure Odom in and he resigned with the Lakers.

Can't wait to see what happens. This is all up to Riley and so far...:facepalm:

MiamiLoyal926
09-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Im not 100% but i am very confident that Wade will resign here in Miami. We have to much to offer in the 2010 summer.

chiitownkings
09-10-2009, 04:14 PM
I Love that pic lol!!

MiamiLoyal926
09-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Seems like Wade - Shaq + Miami = Doesnt win a championship either. And Wade already said hes not signing until Riley gets help. Riley hasnt done anything but made the team worse since the championship. Wade tried to lure Odom in and he resigned with the Lakers.

Seems like i said Miami + Wade + Way more to offer in 2010 is > Bulls + Wade in 2010. It also Seems Miami + Wade + 2010 Summer can = Championship.

MiamiLoyal926
09-10-2009, 04:18 PM

I also mentioned that Riley needs to make moves first... 1) to convince Wade but 2) to sign him past cap.

Lo Porto
09-10-2009, 04:31 PM
I've been telling Miami fans all summer that they should have gotten Boozer. Instead, Miami didn't do a damn thing to make their star happy. He wants to contend and knows he won't with Beasley, Chalmers and Cook as his future running mates.

effen5
09-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Well be glad you guys arent the ones selling this to Dwayne Wade and Pat Riley is because you guys are terrible sellers.

This is the only thing Ive heard from Miami fans. Weather is nice and better then Chicago, and we have a lot to "offer".

At least us Bulls fan can say "you know with Derrick Rose blossoming, and Deng coming back healthy, you three can be a SOLID trio with Salmons and Hinrich coming off the bench and can make a huge impact in the playoffs. Nobody would be able to stop both you and Rose offensively"

Which offer looks better hmm?

Big Zo
09-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Well be glad you guys arent the ones selling this to Dwayne Wade and Pat Riley is because you guys are terrible sellers.

This is the only thing Ive heard from Miami fans. Weather is nice and better then Chicago, and we have a lot to "offer".

At least us Bulls fan can say "you know with Derrick Rose blossoming, and Deng coming back healthy, you three can be a SOLID trio with Salmons and Hinrich coming off the bench and can make a huge impact in the playoffs. Nobody would be able to stop both you and Rose offensively"

The one with more money and a better place to live. Seriously though, Beasley and Chalmers will be good players and Miami has enough money to go after another all-star that offseason. Obviously, they'll have to sign that player first, but I believe it will happen. And I don't think anyone said that there's absolutely no chance he's leaving.

HiphopRelated
09-10-2009, 05:03 PM
I've been telling Miami fans all summer that they should have gotten Boozer. Instead, Miami didn't do a damn thing to make their star happy. He wants to contend and knows he won't with Beasley, Chalmers and Cook as his future running mates.
and they can get Boozer the FIRST day of FA next year without giving up anybody.

saying Beasley, Chalmers and Bosh/Amare/Boozer is better than whatever Chicago is offering

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2009, 05:27 PM
and they can get Boozer the FIRST day of FA next year without giving up anybody.

saying Beasley, Chalmers and Bosh/Amare/Boozer is better than whatever Chicago is offering

You think any FA is going to seriously consider going to Miami with everything Wade is saying now. They are going to be afraid that Wade will pull an Elton Brand and bolt after Miami signs whoever it is.

Fact of the matter is, Wade said he won't sign without Riley improving the team, Riley said he won't go after guys until Wade re-signs (which is dumb anyways, you should always be looking to improve your team).

Every team that has a stud that is a FA will have their knees shaking come July 1st next year. They all will go into FA, that's a fact. Whether they re-sign with their current team is not a fact, only speculation. Both sides have strong points, and now all we can do is watch the season and wait.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2009, 05:27 PM

a lot of teams can get Boozer the 1st day of FA. You're not the only one.

HiphopRelated
09-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Why expect Miami fans to panic when NOBODY is signing an extension?

Fukk what Wade says, it's dollars and SENSE at the end of the day

You get more money by waiting

MiamiLoyal926
09-10-2009, 06:50 PM

The one that looks more promising after the 2010 off season?

Us heat fans can say... "You know that with your bird rights and plenty off cap to sign you and an amazing supporting cast to go with up and coming Beasley, Cook, and Chalmers plus a bunch of draft picks, we can have the new big three in the east plus a deep bench to take us far(not "impact") into the playoffs."

Remember... Wade has to evaluate how the Team looks during Summer 2010 and the Heat Will have a New squad that summer. No use in saying compare bulls and heat now if the decision is in summer 2010.

effen5
09-10-2009, 07:30 PM
The one that looks more promising after the 2010 off season?

Us heat fans can say... "You know that with your bird rights and plenty off cap to sign you and an amazing supporting cast to go with up and coming Beasley, Cook, and Chalmers plus a bunch of draft picks, we can have the new big three in the east plus a deep bench to take us far(not "impact") into the playoffs."

Remember... Wade has to evaluate how the Team looks during Summer 2010 and the Heat Will have a New squad that summer. No use in saying compare bulls and heat now if the decision is in summer 2010.

:clap:

That I will agree with you. Only reason I brought this up was because all the Miami Heat fan's keep saying oh hes going to be a Heat 100%, and I am going by what Pat Riley has done the past 5 years and your current roster which makes me think hes going to leave.

But until Riley actually does something, I am going to keep saying Wade is going to leave (whether its the bulls or not).

MiamiHeat
09-10-2009, 07:47 PM

lol they can say
but all I've heard of Bulls fans is
DROSE+WADE killer duoooo!!
WADE come homeeee
WADE+ROSE = CHAMPIONSHIP
OMG WADE to Chicago
WADE is coming to Chicago because he was born there!!

Paulliwali
09-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Come to Houston! Wade > T-mac....hope he doesn't get hurt like T-mac (knee injuries?)

kendawg73
09-10-2009, 08:06 PM
That's because he's coming HOME to CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

effen5
09-10-2009, 08:08 PM
lol they can say
WADE come homeeee
WADE+ROSE = CHAMPIONSHIP
OMG WADE to Chicago

Please quote me on where I have said any of those....

I did say Drose + Wade is a killer duo, if you dont think so then :facepalm:

All I have said is Priley hasn't done ****, Dwade is an extremely disgruntled employee, and hes probably going to leave.

MiamiHeat
09-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Please quote me on where I have said any of those....

I did say Drose + Wade is a killer duo, if you dont think so then :facepalm:

All I have said is Priley hasn't done ****, Dwade is an extremely disgruntled employee, and hes probably going to leave.

did I said you said it??

Silent
09-10-2009, 10:02 PM

hmm pay more or win more hmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes: wonder witch one i would take

Ovratd1up
09-10-2009, 10:50 PM
^seems obvious, but Wade has said he wants to win more than anything, and he's already rich as hell

lol they can say
WADE come homeeee
WADE+ROSE = CHAMPIONSHIP
OMG WADE to Chicago

I Loled when I saw this

IRUAM #21
09-11-2009, 01:27 AM
hmm pay more or win more hmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes: wonder witch one i would take

Money, just like any normal human would.

MiamiLoyal926
09-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Money, just like any normal human would.

Pay more? Or win more? hmmmm......
I'll take a serving of both!!!

Few teams have the options to offer him both, Miami being the front runner in the sweepstakes.