PDA

View Full Version : Worst Raptors of all time

khanraymond
09-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Enough with the Bargnani bashing and the Bosh trades...

lets shift our attention to players that were really garbage...

and lets keep the VC/TMAC posts to a minimum...its one thing to hate them...its another thing to be blind to their talent...

Obviously there will be some players that rubbed us the wrong way...
for me it was Chris Childs...while him and Alvin Williams made a good defensive backcourt...that half-court shot that screwed the Raptors will forever be imprinted in my memory...

But for me...my all time worst Raptor had to be Milt Palaceo.....honestly the worst PG I have ever seen....only reason he even got the job was cause he was friends with VC...
I'm surprised VC's mom wasn't part of the Dance Pac in those days...
but yes...
feel free to vent...

td0tsfinest
09-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Araujo Hands down no competition

yungballah15
09-09-2009, 06:26 PM
lolll, yo chris childs was stupid as f... but at least the man can punch lolllll.. but probaly aruajo considering were we picked him and his size he did nothing lol.

randomness
09-09-2009, 06:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH0TLeAnTBc&feature=related

This proves it all...:facepalm:

Gibby
09-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Araujo got my vote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzI2kqSrBFk

i remember when i saw this during the game, i was speechless.

secterm
09-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Hassan Addams. The guy was a joke.

secterm
09-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Uri Slokar...the abomination

khanraymond
09-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Throw out some names...Lamond Murry...Yogi...Montross...

One guy that I hated was Corlis Williamson...the fact taht we traded away Doug Christie...one of my favourite Raptors for that guy.....but then again...Williamson did get us JYD...

khanraymond
09-09-2009, 06:58 PM
and just to stir the pot a bit...
lets throw out Marcus Banks into the mix..

then there were players like Eric Williams and Aaron Williams that did nothing as Raptors....

khanraymond
09-09-2009, 06:59 PM
had high hopes for him...but didnt work out...Fred Jones....

secterm
09-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Alonzo Mourning...Never played a game a still should make the list

deaner
09-09-2009, 07:17 PM
baaaah.... the past is the past. If the conversation was current (BC and Jay) it has more relevance to me...

I'll say Kapono

dhalvarez
09-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Milt Palacio

Dishonerable mentions:

Chris Jefferies
Robert Archibald
Loni Baxter
Araujo
Micheal Bradley

BHF
09-09-2009, 07:27 PM
milt palacio
will solomon

dhalvarez
09-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Milt Palacio

Dishonerable mentions:

Chris Jefferies
Robert Archibald
Loni Baxter
Araujo
Micheal Bradley

and just to stir the pot a bit...
lets throw out Marcus Banks into the mix..

then there were players like Eric Williams and Aaron Williams that did nothing as Raptors....

I would add Eric and Aaron Williams, but they're already in a group category for "Worst NBA trade of All-Time!"

secterm
09-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Milt Palacio

Dishonerable mentions:

Chris Jefferies
Robert Archibald
Loni Baxter
Araujo
Micheal Bradley

I would add Eric and Aaron Williams, but they're already in a group category for "Worst NBA trade of All-Time!"

Loni Baxter wasn't THAT bad. Not good, but not one of the worst IMO.

secterm
09-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I think by the end of the season, people will be willing to put POB on there if they aren't willing to already. Someone needs to take him to the glue factory. :horse:

iHop
09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Hafael Araujo was the WORSE player to ever wear a raptors uniform.

MackSnackWrap
09-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Araujo with out any doubt.. This guy suked.. I remeber him taking a jumpshot on a open lane lol... The worst pick in Raps history

MackSnackWrap
09-09-2009, 09:14 PM
I think by the end of the season, people will be willing to put POB on there if they aren't willing to already. Someone needs to take him to the glue factory. :horse:

Cmon man give some time to prove himself this season, hes not that IMO, i think he will play alright this season

secterm
09-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Cmon man give some time to prove himself this season, hes not that IMO, i think he will play alright this season

fair enough, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

raptors_fanatic
09-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Enough with the Bargnani bashing and the Bosh trades...

lets shift our attention to players that were really garbage...

and lets keep the VC/TMAC posts to a minimum...its one thing to hate them...its another thing to be blind to their talent...

Obviously there will be some players that rubbed us the wrong way...
for me it was Chris Childs...while him and Alvin Williams made a good defensive backcourt...that half-court shot that screwed the Raptors will forever be imprinted in my memory...

But for me...my all time worst Raptor had to be Milt Palaceo.....honestly the worst PG I have ever seen....only reason he even got the job was cause he was friends with VC...
I'm surprised VC's mom wasn't part of the Dance Pac in those days...
but yes...
feel free to vent...

dun remember that....got a link/vid?

FlakeyFool
09-09-2009, 10:17 PM
seeing the people we passed on...

Araujo. God that guy was useless

secterm
09-09-2009, 10:27 PM
How about Popeye Jones. He was atleast the most interesting looking Raptor. Type his name into a Google images search and see what comes up.

Maybe Jelani McCoy?
Tracy Murray wasn't worth writing home about (and he looked like a shorter version of POB).
How about Haywoode Workman...the guy realized he was a better ref than player.

khanraymond
09-09-2009, 10:34 PM
dun remember that....got a link/vid?

sorry..cant find a link...
i have a link leading up to the play...where were down by 2...with 11 seconds...and Childs thinks there is only 2 seconds left...so he half courts a Carlton Banks shot....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxeyuEwIgeU

Bob_at_york
09-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Hafael Araujo was the WORSE player to ever wear a raptors uniform.

how is he worse than Aleksandar Radojevic? I think some of you guys have a very short memory and are letting the position the guy was drafted at influence you. I can't believe how many of you have mentioned hoffa.

Gibby
09-09-2009, 10:58 PM
How about Popeye Jones. He was atleast the most interesting looking Raptor. Type his name into a Google images search and see what comes up.

Maybe Jelani McCoy?
Tracy Murray wasn't worth writing home about (and he looked like a shorter version of POB).
How about Haywoode Workman...the guy realized he was a better ref than player.

i remember popeye jones but he shouldn't be mentioned here. he was good rebounder. i think at one point he held raptor record for rebounds in a game.

secterm
09-09-2009, 11:05 PM
i remember popeye jones but he shouldn't be mentioned here. he was good rebounder. i think at one point he held raptor record for rebounds in a game.

yeah, and he was only a beast on the boards, if you know what I mean.

koreancabbage
09-09-2009, 11:12 PM
has to be Aruajo- without a doubt as any Raptors in history. come on, lets be serious.

Bob_at_york
09-09-2009, 11:14 PM
has to be Aruajo- without a doubt as any Raptors in history. come on, lets be serious.

prove it to me. I can bring up Radojevic's stats. I want you to show me how hoffa was worse than him.

secterm
09-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Hoffa was more of the worst draft pick in Raptors history, not likely the worst player.

Raps08-09 Champ
09-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Solomon was so garbage.

khanraymond
09-09-2009, 11:49 PM
prove it to me. I can bring up Radojevic's stats. I want you to show me how hoffa was worse than him.

not that I'm disagreeing with you.
But its very surprising to find someone actually defending Hoffa.

But I do agree that Hoffa gets most of his negativity due to the fact he was drafted so high...I don't think most fans would have given him a second thought if we picked him up in the 2nd round.

I think Radojevic's stats are pretty horrible...but then you look at Montross...how do u average 13 minutes and get 2 points + 3 rebounds + 2 fouls..ur 7 feet tall
and you start 24 games...32% FT shooting (10-31)...is that even possible

secterm
09-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Solomon was so garbage.

I think Soloman could've made a go as a 2nd string SG on a team, but he didn't have the distribution skills needed to run the point.

blah-blah
09-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Rafael Araujo
Jake Voskuhl
Aaron Williams
Eric Williams
Chris Jefferies
Robert Archibald
Micheal Bradley
Marcus Banks
Hassan Adams

Rego247
09-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Hoffa and Pilacio are obvious choices and both of them were so **** .. but my all time worst raptor, the guy i hated the most, the guy i cursed at everytime he ****ed a play up.... Kevin Willis. Some may disagree but for me he was the absolute worst

khanraymond
09-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Hoffa and Pilacio are obvious choices and both of them were so **** .. but my all time worst raptor, the guy i hated the most, the guy i cursed at everytime he ****ed a play up.... Kevin Willis. Some may disagree but for me he was the absolute worst

How can you hate the baby hook...lol

I'm actually surprised no one has said Jalen Rose..his shot selection was horrible...he put of 15 poitns on 30 FG attempts...
but he did have the badest suits this side of Yonge Street.
Still remember him on draft night...almost as bad as Lebron's white suit...

MackSnackWrap
09-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Hassan Adams didnt get much time but he was useless as a player although he was a good cheerleader on the bench lol

Life'sABrees
09-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Araujo because of the expectation... obviously we could throw in tons of bench and mid level starters but to me this has to be a combination of being bad and what was expected of them when the raptors got them.

Bob_at_york
09-10-2009, 09:47 AM

Do you want to back that up? Because the stats definitely tell a different story and the leadership he brought to this team was invaluable.

lizard5781
09-10-2009, 10:03 AM
HOFFA was the worst all time Raptor..........However, Nate Huffman or Mengke Bateer were pretty useless.

Sly Guy
09-10-2009, 10:09 AM
yogi stewart!

Bob_at_york
09-10-2009, 10:10 AM
HOFFA was the worst all time Raptor..........
how was he? He played, there have been a lot of guys who played less and when they did play they played worse.

KupaLsiVC15
09-10-2009, 10:37 AM
brezec

td0tsfinest
09-10-2009, 11:13 AM
i can't believe all the scrubs we had on this team: Milt Palacio, Jerome Moiso, Mamadou N'Diaye, Nate Huffman, Robert Archibald, and more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Raptors_all-time_roster

khanraymond
09-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Mengke Baxteer...

smith&wesson
09-10-2009, 01:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH0TLeAnTBc&feature=related

This proves it all...:facepalm:

oh wow, thats just shame,

B-Ray
09-10-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm gonna have to say Aleksandar Radojevic or Nate Huffman

joshtrem
09-10-2009, 02:01 PM
eric montross was a tool

B2theRY
09-10-2009, 03:05 PM
vincenzo esposito

The Wise 1
09-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Im with Bob regarding the Hoffa name droppers. He's no where near the worst. Im also surprised that no one is bringing up players from the first few years.

Throw out some names...Lamond Murry...Yogi...Montross...

One guy that I hated was Corlis Williamson...the fact taht we traded away Doug Christie...one of my favourite Raptors for that guy.....but then again...Williamson did get us JYD...

Corlis was a very good player. You can honestly put all the blame on Lenny Wilkens for Corlis sucking when he was on the Raps.

vincenzo esposito

dam, as soon as I opened this thread, his name popped in my mind. Im surprised it took till the 4th page for someone to bring him up.

dtmagnet
09-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Primoz Brezec was pretty useless but not sure if he was the worst all time.

Steely McBeam
09-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Araujo, hands down...go rob babcock
could have had iguodala or granger

Bob_at_york
09-10-2009, 04:37 PM

how was he worse than Alek, Nate and some of the other names that have come up here? Also what does Iggy or Granger have to do with this discussion?:confused:

secterm
09-10-2009, 05:17 PM

Granger wasn't even drafted that same year.

lizard5781
09-10-2009, 05:58 PM
how was he? He played, there have been a lot of guys who played less and when they did play they played worse.

I think HOFFA was only the worst based on the expectations of being drafted 8th overall . All the other crappy raptors were just scraps from other teams or guys from overseas. He played a little more because of the raptors need for a big presence inside, LOL

Bob_at_york
09-10-2009, 06:07 PM
I think HOFFA was only the worst based on the expectations of being drafted 8th overall . All the other crappy raptors were just scraps from other teams or guys from overseas. He played a little more because of the raptors need for a big presence inside, LOL
Expectations don't matter when we are picking the worst in the franchise. If we did that then when we get around to "BEST" do we include Moon in the discussion because our expectations were so low for him?

Jamiecballer
09-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Maybe my memory is failing me but I remember Popeye Jones being a decent player. Can't imagine how anyone could suggest him. He had some solid games on some truly horrid rosters...

FlakeyFool
09-10-2009, 09:48 PM
hoffa = bad

secterm
09-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Maybe my memory is failing me but I remember Popeye Jones being a decent player. Can't imagine how anyone could suggest him. He had some solid games on some truly horrid rosters...

not the worst PLAYING Raptor...do a search on google for ugliest basketball player and see what comes up, then you'll know what I'm talking about.

CB4AB7VC15
09-11-2009, 02:26 AM
This guy Garth Joseph just big no skill...

katman
09-11-2009, 09:21 AM
The reason many are picking Hoffa is because they are too young to have watched the Raptor's early years, when there was a plethoria of bad talent. As well, if you aren't paying much for someone you can't expect much either. So I'll go for someone who was getting a decent salary and say Jerome Mosio

Tito Santana
09-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Popeye Jones.

The Wise 1
09-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Why the **** are people putting Popeye Jones? The man had 2 season averaging a double double and put up 8 and 8 while with the Raptors.

B-Ray
09-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Why the **** are people putting Popeye Jones? The man had 2 season averaging a double double and put up 8 and 8 while with the Raptors.

Agreed.

I remember liking Popeye when he was with us.

greg_ory_2005
09-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Robert Archibald ftw! I think that's what his name was. :p

Tymer
09-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Sean Marks & Robert Archibald

raptors_fanatic
09-12-2009, 04:23 PM
does Rob Babcock count?

MackSnackWrap
09-12-2009, 04:36 PM
not the worst PLAYING Raptor...do a search on google for ugliest basketball player and see what comes up, then you'll know what I'm talking about.

Lol Popeye Jones and Sam Cassel would tie for the ugliest NBA players of alltime

blah-blah
09-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Rafael Araujo
Jake Voskuhl
Aaron Williams
Eric Williams
Chris Jefferies
Robert Archibald
Micheal Bradley
Marcus Banks
Hassan Adams

MackSnackWrap
09-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Rafael Araujo
Jake Voskuhl
Aaron Williams
Eric Williams
Chris Jefferies
Robert Archibald
Micheal Bradley
Marcus Banks
Hassan Adams

decent list i agree with it

Bob_at_york
09-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Rafael Araujo
Jake Voskuhl
Aaron Williams
Eric Williams
Chris Jefferies
Robert Archibald
Micheal Bradley
Marcus Banks
Hassan Adams

I still don't see how some of those guys were that bad. Do people remember the pre-Vince Carter teams? I know I am not the first one to ask that question but I haven't seen it answered by people making lists like this.

lorenz00
09-12-2009, 06:06 PM
hasan adams dawg.... when we sign him i expected him to play the back up sg... lol and then he was just wearing suits or unifrom with a towel

secterm
09-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Rafael Araujo
Jake Voskuhl
Aaron Williams
Eric Williams
Chris Jefferies
Robert Archibald
Micheal Bradley
Marcus Banks
Hassan Adams

not a bad list. Maybe Eric Williams and Araujo shouldn't be on the list. Neither of these guys were that bad (though far from good), they both just happen to come with too high of expectations.

King_melo
09-13-2009, 12:38 PM
This is one for the old school raptors fans....Aleksandar Radojevic !!! Worst pick ever. At least Aroujo bullied players and was somewhat of an enforcer. Aleksandar Radojevic was picked 12th and was absolutely good for nothing.

FlakeyFool
09-13-2009, 01:16 PM
This is one for the old school raptors fans....Aleksandar Radojevic !!! Worst pick ever. At least Aroujo bullied players and was somewhat of an enforcer. Aleksandar Radojevic was picked 12th and was absolutely good for nothing.

mm I'm still convinced that the araujo pick was the worst ever, but with that radojevic pick a close second.

Icebox922
09-14-2009, 02:14 PM
NATE HUFFMAN:facepalm:

reevanson
09-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Michael Curry, I know he didnt have the worst numbers on the team but when he would come in he would kill any momentum we had....I remember cringing everytime Kevin O'Neill would put him in!

rapswin98
09-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Arujo

DWT
09-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Popeye Jones.

How can multiple people put Popeye on this list? Popeye played a roll and played it very well.

Chronz
09-18-2009, 06:15 PM
When discussing horrible players, you should only talk about players who were bad but that the team had to rely on him to play heavy minutes. That way your only discussing players whove hurt your franchise the most, than the stiffs who barely made an impact.

Chronz
09-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Anyone remember Sharone Wright? Palacio, Curry

secterm
09-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Anyone remember Sharone Wright? Palacio, Curry

Can't argue with Palacio. I would have preferred having an actual pistachio running the point over this guy...at least it's got some crunch.

yungballah15
09-18-2009, 08:27 PM
naw chronz palacio wasnt bad at all, he cant be the worst of all time thats just stupid, he contributed well towards the team, curry was a leader on and off the court so he isnt one of the worst raptors of all time.

Chronz
09-18-2009, 09:44 PM
naw chronz palacio wasnt bad at all, he cant be the worst of all time thats just stupid, he contributed well towards the team, curry was a leader on and off the court so he isnt one of the worst raptors of all time.
Did you read my initial post, thats the context of my argument.

Off the court you could be the greatest bench player of all time, if it means your the worst on court player on the team your not making any sort of significant impact. Curry was past his prime

Palacio was garbage in his initial season, Im ashamed the guy was born on my birthday and in my home city.

KayNti
09-22-2009, 02:18 AM
Loren Woods
Milt Palacio
Acie Earl
Alexander Radjovic or however you spell it
Yogi

Nels@Ryerson
09-22-2009, 08:56 AM
I still member... when Raps went 3-0 in the first 3 games of the season and Loren Woods was playing amazing... he had shut down detroit and a couple of other decent to good teams.. I was like omg... we have a crazy centre.. then it went all down hill after that... I think that was 4 years ago..