PDA

View Full Version : Rashad McCants

Chateamsfan
09-09-2009, 03:43 PM
There's a rumor on ESPN.com saying McCants prefers return to "Carolina"! What do you guys think?

bigsams50
09-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Ive always been a fan of his when he played at UNC, i wouldnt mind him at all, but dont we have alot of gaurds already?

Chateamsfan
09-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Ive always been a fan of his when he played at UNC, i wouldnt mind him at all, but dont we have alot of gaurds already?

True. we should cut jefferson for him

slaker619
09-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Bobcats Could Use Him Since G.Hendersan Could Be A Sf Or SG Guy And D.Jefferson Can Keep Playing Point So No Probs & McChants Would Be A Great Back-up For Raja

bigsams50
09-09-2009, 06:07 PM
True. we should cut jefferson for him

yea that would work, i still wish we woulda drafted brook lopez instead of augustine man, it coulda been Felton Bell Wallace Okafor Lopez with diaw and henderson comming off the bench

JakeDelbreezy
09-10-2009, 09:29 AM
yea that would work, i still wish we woulda drafted brook lopez instead of augustine man, it coulda been Felton Bell Wallace Okafor Lopez with diaw and henderson comming off the bench

We probably wouldn't have traded for Diaw if we had drafted Lopez.

As far as McCants, he's overrated by most fans in the Carolinas (and that's coming from a die hard UNC fan). I admit he can fill it up on certain nights, but he's a defensive liability who only looks for his own shot and IMO he has a sorry attitude. It certainly wouldn't hurt for the Bobcats to get some offensive firepower to come off the bench, I just don't know if McCants is the best fit.

bigsams50
09-10-2009, 11:51 AM
yea i see what youre saying,

op12
09-10-2009, 12:01 PM
id take him off the bench. decent scoring punch and maybe felton could keep him from being a ball hog.

Chateamsfan
09-10-2009, 09:50 PM
McCants would get along with people here on the Bobcats cause the staff and front office is filled with Heels!

howiend
09-13-2009, 07:49 PM
As a Twolves fan...I say good luck with McCants. Definitely can get hot and score but just doesn't get it - doesn't understand how to play as a team - what a good shot is, etc. Huge defensive liability (although with his athletic ability he could play average defense with proper effort). Hope he turns into a decent nba player but have my doubts unfortunately.

homestarunner93
09-20-2009, 01:14 AM
McCants is apparently playing pickup ball with the Bobcats players at TWC arena. Other non-Bobcats that have been showing up include Brevin Knight and Brendan Haywood. This is reported by Rick Bonnell.

Jonathanmartin4
10-27-2009, 10:50 AM
He's been rumored to be talking to a team in Greece. I really thought he would be a very good NBA player. I new he was a head case when he was a tarheel. Didn't think it'd matter that he was a head case or that he wasn't good on D. I mean it's the NBA after all, who isn't a head case that.

bigsams50
10-27-2009, 11:25 AM
I think he has offers, i just think he wants more money that is being offered to him.

BTW, hopefully that team in Greece in Panathinaikos lol. GO PAO!!!

Jonathanmartin4
10-27-2009, 08:05 PM
I think he has offers, i just think he wants more money that is being offered to him.

BTW, hopefully that team in Greece in Panathinaikos lol. GO PAO!!!

I'm searching for the article I saw about that. I don't think anybody in the NBA has any offers on the table. At least I haven't found anything out about it yet.
I really hope he gets another shot, I thought that he'd have done well on the bobcats, Larry could teach him D, if he couldn't then it couldn't be done.

bigsams50
11-04-2009, 07:26 PM
^ You ever find that article?

DerekRE_3
11-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Mccants is just a not as good Flip Murray.

bigsams50
11-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Yea i dont think he is either, i was just saying in case FLip doenst work out. Im actually hoping Rashad signs with Panathinaikos here in Greece. That way i'll be able to watch him lol. BTW any news on when Flip is supposed to return?

DerekRE_3
11-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Yea i dont think he is either, i was just saying in case FLip doenst work out. Im actually hoping Rashad signs with Panathinaikos here in Greece. That way i'll be able to watch him lol. BTW any news on when Flip is supposed to return?

He's supposed to Friday.

Chateamsfan
11-04-2009, 08:32 PM
He's supposed to Friday.

I cant wait!

bigsams50
11-05-2009, 01:26 AM
I cant wait!

Me neither, we really need his offense