PG SG Allen Iverson
SG OJ Mayo
SF Rudy Gay
SF Sam Young
PF Zach Randolph
PF Darrell Arthur
C Marc Gasol
C Haseem Thabeet

... Really young, and good team on paper. I'd love to see them make the playoffs.

Antbanks21
09-09-2009, 04:36 PM
they definitely have a chance to take the 8th seed.

youngkeeMS
09-09-2009, 05:30 PM
That's my squad but the West is pretty tough though. #8 should be the goal. I do see .500 though. That's good enough for me. I love the underdogs.

IversonIsKrazy
09-09-2009, 07:31 PM
if they'll be able to make it work, any those big 4 taking less shots than usual, it can result in the 7th - 8th seed.

lowdown32
09-09-2009, 08:37 PM
i think they can.Mayo needs his looks if they want to have a chance

mzgrizz
09-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Look, I'm just thrilled to have this team and the opportunity to watch them play...... .500
would be sweet and #8 would damn near drive me to distraction! I was trying to be restrained about signing AI and was able to keep the emotion down....but now I am starting to believe we can make the playoffs........maybe even win some there!
It will take some selflessness from the big 4 scorers, but NOT having to carry the load alone every night will be a plus! GO GRIZZLIES!!!!!!!

RedRicanoBx
09-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Look, I'm just thrilled to have this team and the opportunity to watch them play...... .500
would be sweet and #8 would damn near drive me to distraction! I was trying to be restrained about signing AI and was able to keep the emotion down....but now I am starting to believe we can make the playoffs........maybe even win some there!
It will take some selflessness from the big 4 scorers, but NOT having to carry the load alone every night will be a plus! GO GRIZZLIES!!!!!!!

Mz Grizz I Have Been Seeing You Patient For The Last Couple Of Months And Seen Your Post All Over.... And Im Proud Of You, You Stayed Humble And Now We Got AI!!!! But Personally Im A Lil Skeptical Of Him Starting Over Mike... I Like Conley And For Someone Who has Been Working His *** Off Just To Be Benched Is Not Cool... I Love AI And I Think he Still Has Something Left, But To Come Off The Bench Tho.... I Am A Hugeee Oj Mayo Fan (My Fav Player) And I Will be Highly Upset If AI Comes And Affects Ojs Goals, Dont Get Me Wrong Whatever It Takes To Win But I need OJ To Prove To Everyone He Is That Good... And Woud Of Won ROY Last Year if Memphis Went To The Playoffs... But yeah back To The Subject at Hand.... Memphis 8th seed ?? Well Who is To Worry About In The West Besides LAL, LAC, Hou, And SA... Match Up The Teams... Denver ?? I Think Memphis Will Do Great... Pho Is Done.. No Longer A Contender.. To Me At Least... Portland Had A Great Year They Def Are Going To Be A Problem... Utah ?? idk Esp Since Carlos Boozer Isnt On Utah Anymore Well not yet at Least... That Leaves Dallas And New Orleans... match up These Teams And Tell me Honestly if Everyone On memphis Plays Like They Should They Should Past These Teams... And Now Rudy Gained 20 lbs Of Muscle ?? lol Its Going To be A Tuff Year In The West but I Am Seeing Memphis In the 6th Or 7th Spot.... Just my Opinion Hope No One Kills Me Over It lol

ivylleague1'
09-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Mz Grizz I Have Been Seeing You Patient For The Last Couple Of Months And Seen Your Post All Over.... And Im Proud Of You, You Stayed Humble And Now We Got AI!!!! But Personally Im A Lil Skeptical Of Him Starting Over Mike... I Like Conley And For Someone Who has Been Working His *** Off Just To Be Benched Is Not Cool... I Love AI And I Think he Still Has Something Left, But To Come Off The Bench Tho.... I Am A Hugeee Oj Mayo Fan (My Fav Player) And I Will be Highly Upset If AI Comes And Affects Ojs Goals, Dont Get Me Wrong Whatever It Takes To Win But I need OJ To Prove To Everyone He Is That Good... And Woud Of Won ROY Last Year if Memphis Went To The Playoffs... But yeah back To The Subject at Hand.... Memphis 8th seed ?? Well Who is To Worry About In The West Besides LAL, LAC, Hou, And SA... Match Up The Teams... Denver ?? I Think Memphis Will Do Great... Pho Is Done.. No Longer A Contender.. To Me At Least... Portland Had A Great Year They Def Are Going To Be A Problem... Utah ?? idk Esp Since Carlos Boozer Isnt On Utah Anymore Well not yet at Least... That Leaves Dallas And New Orleans... match up These Teams And Tell me Honestly if Everyone On memphis Plays Like They Should They Should Past These Teams... And Now Rudy Gained 20 lbs Of Muscle ?? lol Its Going To be A Tuff Year In The West but I Am Seeing Memphis In the 6th Or 7th Spot.... Just my Opinion Hope No One Kills Me Over It lol

Mike Conley was not ready to start !!! 4.3 assists is low for a starting PG. Mike Conley will be like Ben Gordon, as his record suggests. As a young player he needs time to define his game and then fine tune it. As for Iverson I expect a 30+ ppg, 7-10 assists and 2.2 steals per game. A performance like that will lift the team and the players and provide allstar recognition for some of them. I expect Conley and Mayo to benefit a lot from AI's presence. They will play with less pressure !!!
If everything goes well, (very likely it will) the sky is the limit.

I like Grizzlies owner, manager and coach for their efforts. Mayo and others want to play with Iverson and they have him. Good luck to the Griz !!!

Who is the best dunker in the team ?

blazerman
09-10-2009, 06:22 PM
I think the Grizzlies have a good shot to get in the playoffs this yr. The 8th seed is up for grabs between Houston,Phoenix,LA Clippers,Grizzlies and possibly Golden state, I think New Orleans and Utah rebound abit after a so so season last yr and make the 6th and 7th seeds a 52 and 51 win must so the 8th seed is what will ultimately be the spot 5 teams will be fighting for.

Good luck this season.

youngkeeMS
09-10-2009, 07:37 PM
To anybody talking about Mayo's shots going down remember HE ASKED FOR IT! He supposed to know what that mean. I mean they play the same position. Conley knew too. Ya'll min per game are going down if we get him so you got what you asked for. Sit back and learn something. Be happy Grizz fans we a team now. SShhhh We're talking about playoff.(whispering) LOL

D1JM
09-11-2009, 12:08 PM
I am a bulls fan, and I have to say, you guys have a very good young team mixed in with veteran players. You guys should be able to break into the playoffs.

mzgrizz
09-11-2009, 05:12 PM

RRB,
Thanks for the comments. It was very difficult to not go berserk with anticipation over getting AI......I wondered about MC, but you know, I think he can make the most out of this year. If he's better than AI, he will start. If AI has him beat, then he can man up and learn from a future HOF'er....how many 3rd yr PG's can be there for that?
Did you get to see any of the news conference? He was welcomed in a huge way from the owners,staff and hundreds of fans at 11AM on a Thursday. Gave him a blue Gibson guitar; he looked genuinely happy to be a part of us. I think it's the start of a new Grizzlies generation.

Taimla
09-11-2009, 05:55 PM
its all about Coach right now IMO

If he can make Iverson happy as a Bench player and handle the Randolph then they can be something speical.

But if Iverson accept only playing as a starter and Randolph stil thinks he is a clutch player then its trouble in the house.
Iverson,Majo,Gay and Randolph are all talnted player but they just aren't made for playing all at the same time in same court wearing a same uniform.

but Griz have a lot of options, if they wanna go fast and explosive then they should use lineup Iverson majo gay arthur and gasol and if they wanna go down low then it would be conley majo/iverson gay randolph and gasol. If they wanna go defensevly then send Randloph and IVerson to the bench and let the Thabeet and Gasol be togethor on the court.

This is a 82 games long chess tournament for Lionel Hollins

Sportfan
09-12-2009, 08:58 AM
the grizzlies have become my 2nd favorite team :drool:

wileyisTOFU
09-12-2009, 10:17 AM
This would be a great story, but not gonna happen when your gonna finish with the worst record in your division.

RedRicanoBx
09-13-2009, 03:32 PM
RRB,
Thanks for the comments. It was very difficult to not go berserk with anticipation over getting AI......I wondered about MC, but you know, I think he can make the most out of this year. If he's better than AI, he will start. If AI has him beat, then he can man up and learn from a future HOF'er....how many 3rd yr PG's can be there for that?
Did you get to see any of the news conference? He was welcomed in a huge way from the owners,staff and hundreds of fans at 11AM on a Thursday. Gave him a blue Gibson guitar; he looked genuinely happy to be a part of us. I think it's the start of a new Grizzlies generation.

Well Lets Just Keep Our Fingers Crossed... I Hope They Do great... And They Will Memphis Is Hungry!!

RedRicanoBx
09-13-2009, 03:32 PM
This would be a great story, but not gonna happen when your gonna finish with the worst record in your division.

Is This Guy F...ing Stupid ?? lol thanks For The Laugh Tho hahahaaa

murphturph
09-15-2009, 10:33 PM
IM a toronto guy and a raptors fan but the grizzles are my second fav team and this team is going to be wicked... 4 20 POINT SCORERS!!!! 2 10 REBOUNDS A GAME GUYS AND A PRETTY SWEET BENCH! I expect a very talented team.. capable of 2nd or 3rd round playoffs VANCOUVER GRIZZLES ALL THE WAY!!! (Memphis)

mzgrizz
09-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks, Murphturph
Maybe more of the old Vancouver Grizzlies fans will see it your way!
We should have a VERY interesting season!

RedRicanoBx
09-17-2009, 12:04 PM
IM a toronto guy and a raptors fan but the grizzles are my second fav team and this team is going to be wicked... 4 20 POINT SCORERS!!!! 2 10 REBOUNDS A GAME GUYS AND A PRETTY SWEET BENCH! I expect a very talented team.. capable of 2nd or 3rd round playoffs VANCOUVER GRIZZLES ALL THE WAY!!! (Memphis)

Im A Knicks Fan And A Memphis Fan Equally... But Toronto Is Going To Have A Crazy Team!!!

Tdots-Guido
09-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Im in Toronto Trick!

Aha but seriously i cant wait to watch the grizz! Mayo is a future superstar and with Iverson to learn from it only helps. AI is a floor leader and will help this team. You guys even got Thabeet, i have faith he will be a force on the defensive end. Good luck ill be chearing too

mzgrizz
09-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks, Tdots
We are raring to go down here!!

B.G.B
09-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Wow this is coming from a Lakers fan here
your lineup is actually pretty good!!

O.J Mayo-G
Allen Iverson-G
Rudy Gay-F
Zack Randolph-F
Marc Gasol-C

Thats pretty scary
You guys should atleast be a .500 team this upcoming season.

Sports Illustrator
09-18-2009, 10:02 PM
i think they can.Mayo needs his looks if they want to have a chance

Absolutely true.

I feel bad for Mike Conley because I don't think he deserves to come off the bench, but that is the price that the Memphis Grizzlies are going to have to pay for bringing in a guy like Allen Iverson.

Having OJ Mayo come off the bench is a horrendous idea and I really hope that it doesn't end up happening by any means. OJ Mayo has superstar potential and can turnout to be just like Allen Iverson. I think one of the reasons why Allen Iverson was brought in is just for the development of OJ Mayo. I am just afraid that it may have the opposite affect and it slows down his development. OJ Mayo will NOT be the same player if he comes off the bench, it'd be a sin to have him coming off the bench.

mzgrizz
09-18-2009, 10:18 PM
I will bet Graceland that Mayo does NOT come off the bench.

Sports Illustrator
09-19-2009, 10:09 AM
I will bet Graceland that Mayo does NOT come off the bench.

It is so crucial. I would like to see him become the next Allen Iverson of this league.

Having him start or coming off the bench can very well be the difference between this team making the playoffs or not.

mzgrizz
09-19-2009, 09:56 PM
^^^^ I feel pretty sure that the FO realizes that FACT and will act on it. OJ Mayo is developing into all we hoped he would be. Having another gun at #1 will only improve his game. Getting some toughness and scoring power down low with ZBo and Gasol will also help his game. Rudy will have to continue to develop and learn to play in this small sandbox packed with shooters. Oh, and Rudy will need to concentrate on playing D now; something he hasn't done well so far.

C-Dub
09-23-2009, 08:18 AM
It is so crucial. I would like to see him become the next Allen Iverson of this league.

Having him start or coming off the bench can very well be the difference between this team making the playoffs or not.

before AI came to the grizz i always called Mayo an AI wannabe lol. this team should be great, lots of talent and experience now, seems like a good mix if everyone excepts their roles....AI IS A STARTER..cough cough haha

mzgrizz
09-23-2009, 11:09 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^ Hey C-Dub....we are glad to have AI here with us! Starter or not, he will be MAKING SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!
And good luck to the Nuggs!

elizur
09-24-2009, 12:30 AM
All I am saying is Zack Randolph is not a winner. He is a fantasy player. Your team is def headed in a better direction than mine though. How long do you guys expect to role with A.I.? I wanted him for one season only.

ivylleague1'
09-24-2009, 01:10 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^ Hey C-Dub....we are glad to have AI here with us! Starter or not, he will be MAKING SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!
And good luck to the Nuggs!

I like your posts, but, Iverson will not come off the bench. He will not be happy !!! He would rather retire. Conley with 4.3 assists per game has not demonstrated that he is a starter, at least not over a Superstar like AI. Conley will be better as a 6th man, the energy off the bench. The objective is to win !!!!!

mzgrizz
09-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Hey Ivy,
I am glad to see you post,too. If you read back far enough, I put AI over MC as a starter and still feel that way. There is also Heisley buzz in the newspaper here that he might want to have him for longer than a year. But what you got to realize is not everyone is as enamored of AI as you are.....I am thrilled he's a Grizzly, but I DO hear the chatter and REALLY hope he will come through as a proven, determined veteran player who wants to WIN!

guero5021
10-10-2009, 12:00 AM
this is team should be called AND1. AI is a ball hug, randolph is selfish. mayo loves to 20 shots a game. No chemistry. sorry guys.

JLynn943
10-10-2009, 09:44 AM
this is team should be called AND1. AI is a ball hug, randolph is selfish. mayo loves to 20 shots a game. No chemistry. sorry guys.

I'm sorry, but how can you say there isn't any chemistry when the season hasn't even started yet? You're just making assumptions about players you probably don't even watch play

mzgrizz
10-10-2009, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=guero5021;11042938]this is team should be called AND1. AI is a ball hug, randolph is selfish. mayo loves to 20 shots a game. No chemistry. sorry guys.[/QUOTE

Guess you are yelling SOS here........Same Old Spurs....I agree with JLynn;bet you have watched zip Grizz games in the past ; won't get to see 'em unless you have League Pass 'cause they almost never get on national TV.........but I beg to differ here; on paper and in the pre season, they are already meshing.no blowups.increasing their assists.scoring unselfishly. Need anything else?