PDA

View Full Version : The NBA's Sneaky-Dirty Top 10

*Superman*
09-09-2009, 11:51 AM
1. Kobe Bryant — For one of the most physically in-control athletes in the world, a gym rat who is aware of what his body is doing every second of every game, Kobe sure has a lot of “accidents” on the court: Mike Miller caught one of those accidental elbows in the throat, Manu Ginobili was one victim of a wayward back-handed chop, and Shane Battier took a surely “incidental” knee to the cheek recently. And as good as he is at getting away with stuff, Kobe is equally adept at playing it off in case he does get caught. When he ran an Adam’s Apple check on Ron Artest in this year’s playoffs, Kobe’s reaction looked like Kevin Hart “This is dumb, man. Gimme a hug” bit.

2. Chris Paul — The Michael Irvin of the NBA is the master of the unnoticeable push-off. His flopping game is also on-point, and don’t forget the Julius Hodge incident.

3. Reggie Evans — If I were ranking guys in order according to dirty-ness, Evans would be #1 and #2 at the same time. Unless you’re fighting for your life, there’s just no excuse for grabbing a guy’s nuts. And unless you’re in a prison yard, there’s really no excuse for slapping a dude on the *** with all your might.

4. Steve Nash — As high-profile as his “gets” have been: the Robert Horry hip check, the Bowen knee-to-crotch, or the Tony Parker head collison that split his nose open, Nash’s “gives” have usually slipped under the radar. Most notable was when he kicked Yao Ming, the most gentle guy in the League. That’s like giving Teddy Ruxpin an uppercut.

5. Derek Fisher — He fits the sneaky-dirty profile almost perfectly: Small-college guy who isn’t the most athletic or talented player around, yet he’s managed to not only stick in the League, but play a vital part on several winning teams. He’s got to be bending the rules in his favor somehow, right? Fisher’s most recent dirty play was knocking Luis Scola’s hair off his head with a shoulder block in this year’s playoffs — the rest of his repertoire includes slight jersey tugs, a little stepping on the feet, and somehow tackling an opponent so discreetly, he’ll get the guy called for a foul. Check this Smack note from a Warriors/Lakers game in 2008:

6. Mickael Pietrus — His stealth is even more impressive than his dirty play. In an Eastern Conference Finals series where LeBron James was getting sent to the line if you brushed up against him, Pietrus somehow managed to elbow LBJ square in the groin while ‘Bron was in mid-air and didn’t get called for it. You’d think the refs would be all over that.

7. Tyson Chandler — Off the court, Chandler is actually one of the nicer guys I’ve met in the NBA, a religious family man almost in the David Robinson mold. On the court, he’s got that whole Jekyll/Hyde thing going. Blame it on his high school days playing in Compton, or on coming into the League as a skinny teenager and needing to find a way to establish his place, but Chandler has some dirty tricks in his toolbox. The worst was from a Hornets/Blazers game last January. All night Chandler had been battling with Joel Przybilla, who was playing with a broken wrist that was clearly wrapped up due to injury. Jockeying for position on the block one time, Chandler looked at Ghostface’s wrist, then came down with a karate chop on it, setting off a fight in which Chandler was ejected. It was so foul that Przybilla’s grandma got involved.

8. Ray Allen — Another of the NBA’s nice guys who definitely has a dark side. Glaring at somebody or talking smack after hitting a big shot is one thing (everybody does that on the playground), but Ray’s history goes deeper than that. His scraps with Bowen and Kobe are well-known, and he’s also been known to swing an elbow towards the baby-making region. Ray got into a scrap with Keyon Dooling in Seattle a few years back that was just as bad as Nate Robinson/J.R. Smith brawling in MSG, it just didn’t get as much hype because it wasn’t in New York.

9. Rajon Rondo — After Rondo slapped Brad Miller in the face and threw Kirk Hinrich into the scorer’s table with zero repercussions, Aaron Gray must have been praying he didn’t get any PT during that Bulls/Celtics series, otherwise he’d end up on the hit list.

10. Louis Amundson — He’s got to be doing something dirty or he’s just damned annoying, because for whatever reason, guys want to kick Lou’s *** and don’t even care about the consequences. Last season, Zach Randolph punched Amundson in the face in the middle of the court for allegedly trying to kiss him “in my mouth,” then Nene took a break from basketball to treat Amundson’s face like a heavy bag, later calling him a “stupid dude.” Despite what you told that girl in high school, you can be dirty with just your mouth, too.

Something the Laker fans can say Kobe is number 1 at. lol

And here they come to the rescue...

http://dimemag.com/2009/09/the-sneaky-dirty-top-10/

madiaz3
09-09-2009, 11:58 AM
besides the fact that the opposite angle showed he hit artest in the top of the chest and not the throat, ill still agree he's pretty damn sneaky. See the elbow on jameer i think? where he passed it to fisher for the 3 in the finals.

*Superman*
09-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah i remember that elbow, total BS. Should have went the other way after that play. On another note i agree with Ray Ray, he is so dirty coming of those screens trying to get open, he shoves everything to get open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TkOyTDPmGY

ManRam
09-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Kobe is definitely a very sneaky-dirty player. Not always flat out dirty, but always sneaky...

It seems like this list was basically based off of last year's playoffs.

Chicagofaithful
09-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Rajon Rondo isn't secret... he is the most flamboyant dirty player in the NBA, i wish the C's had traded him, it's so hard to live in Boston and deal with people who still think he didnt mean to throw Kirk hinrich into the scorers table

*Superman*
09-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Rajon Rondo isn't secret... he is the most flamboyant dirty player in the NBA, i wish the C's had traded him, it's so hard to live in Boston and deal with people who still think he didnt mean to throw Kirk hinrich into the scorers table

Lol, I don't see how people think thats an "accident".

ChiSox219
09-09-2009, 12:27 PM
I don't hate many athletes, but the way Rondo plays is disgusting.

koberulesall
09-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah i remember that elbow, total BS. Should have went the other way after that play. On another note i agree with Ray Ray, he is so dirty coming of those screens trying to get open, he shoves everything to get open.
BS!

if anything it should have been a foul on nelson his feet were moving HA!

AntiG
09-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Kobe and Ray Allen (along with Rip Hamilton) have been amongst the league's dirtiest players for years. I wouldn't actually call Rondo dirty... he made some high-profile dirty plays during the playoffs but he doesn't on a regular basis like Ray Allen does. Kobe and Rip every single time I see them play I see at least 5-10 things they do that are outrageously dirty that they get away with.

Frrrrank!!!
09-09-2009, 12:56 PM

I think it was on purpose, I can admit that. I like Rondo playing scrappy and a little dirty. Makes things fun.:)

*Superman*
09-09-2009, 12:59 PM
BS!

What does that have anything to do with it. Kobe threw an elbow=offensive foul.

ChiSox219
09-09-2009, 01:02 PM
I think it was on purpose, I can admit that. I like Rondo playing scrappy and a little dirty. Makes things fun.:)

Smacking a player in the face is not making things fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpPoZAxgYws

Frrrrank!!!
09-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Puts some drama into the game, gives fans good guys and bad guys, therefor making the game more interesting imo. Basketball is entertainment, and I have no problem with the Celtics playing the "dirty" team.

IBleedPurple
09-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Good list, and I agree

bogdanrom
09-09-2009, 02:09 PM
There are two Boston players. Hmmm just saying. Plus KG has become pretty dirty himself.

8kobe24
09-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Championship teams do what it takes to win, that includes getting down and "derty". Gotta do what it takes to win.

bigsams50
09-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Championship teams do what it takes to win, that includes getting down and "derty". Gotta do what it takes to win.

:clap:

heattiltheend94
09-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Rondo is the dirtiest player hands down

bigsams50
09-09-2009, 05:51 PM

because of 2 plays? bowen had a career of having dirty plays

Vinny642
09-09-2009, 05:59 PM
IDK if I would call CP dirty, sneaky yeah but not dirty. LoL at bringing up something that happened in college!

Bowen should be up there

Reversed86Curse
09-09-2009, 06:12 PM
If your going to put a player that made one dirty and one questionably dirty call on the list (Rondo), might as well put every other player to ever play on the list- the kids not dirty, he made a bad judgment call- every players made a bad call, so don't crucify him

zambo4president
09-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Rondo is such a punk.

IBleedPurple
09-09-2009, 07:38 PM
At least on the defensive end, Dahntay Jones is just blatantly dirty, not a sneaky guy.

And on the offensive end, Ginobli McFlops has to be considered dirty, because he ruins the integrity of the game.

ManRam
09-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Dahntay is a good call. He is blatantly dirty. I'll call it excessively pesky though.

And I'm not on the Rondo is the dirtiest bandwagon. Two incidents doesn't make you dirty. There are players who play dirty on every play of every game. Rondo isn't one of them.

lakerssssssss
09-09-2009, 11:38 PM
what about kg? he is the master at cheap shots

NPH
09-09-2009, 11:43 PM
I actually laughed out loud

Jlex1331
09-09-2009, 11:45 PM
I really have to say bruce bowen would be up their if he hadn't retired

Wilson
09-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Kobe is a sneaky you-know-what, I wouldn't deny it. There's no need to try to bait the Laker fans in the OP...

I don't think there's anything wrong with playing chippy. There's nothing wrong with a physical game, as long as guys aren't attacking people in mid-air...

spacemandave
09-09-2009, 11:54 PM
good list, love seein my boy cp3 at the top, think all smallish pgs(him esp being best in league) have to play dirty/tough tho. if theyre gonna put a guy whos a half foot taller and 50+ lbs heavier on him hes gotta pull out all the stops....just thinkin back i f'in loved fishers headbutt v scola(?) last year. not saying its right to do that but shows he wants it.

LAcowBOMBER
09-09-2009, 11:58 PM
No KG or Bowen?

And Fisher doesn't belong on that list. I'm not saying he can't be a little dirty, but there are worse guys

effen5
09-10-2009, 12:02 AM
I lovee dirty plays......Makes the game so much more interesting...but the CP3 Manu Flopping bullshits gotta stop.

Shady66
09-10-2009, 12:08 AM
I dont agree with fisher or amundson being up there. Fisher really isnt that dirty at all(other than that one play against the rockets) and the only thing lou does thats dirty is the work, he comes in games, blocks shots and grabs o rebounds. The worst thing he does is talk dirty to players when he blocks them or whatever but i dont consider that dirty, or else KG should def. be up there.

iggypop123
09-10-2009, 12:44 AM
is setting illegal picks dirty?otherwise you have a good point KG should be up there

Ace33Bone
09-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Bruce Bowen was one of the worst to ever play the game

*Superman*
09-10-2009, 03:10 PM
They don't mention Brown because 1 he retired and 2 this is sneaky dirty, even David Stern knows Bowen was dirty.

thephoenixson28
09-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Reggie evans got to be #1,2,3,4,and 5 cuz anyone that grabs on someones nuts got to be in his own category.

Slaps
09-10-2009, 03:39 PM
The entire 1-5 could be the C's starting line up :rolleyes:.

DCB/LAL
09-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Something the Laker fans can say Kobe is number 1 at. lol

And here they come to the rescue...

http://dimemag.com/2009/09/the-sneaky-dirty-top-10/

Whats your point MJ was sneaky-dirty especially against people who hand checked him he had ways to lock peoples arms up and twist his body to get them out of the way without getting caught so whats your point??.....

Heres the link see for yourself him teaching people.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgUqb5hWAVY&feature=PlayList&p=66268B19C8792EC1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=63

Strumpy
09-10-2009, 03:49 PM
No KG or Bowen?

Burce retired, remember?
Anyway I'm a little surprised KG isn't on their as well. The man is willing to do anything to get a rebound.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I just remember tha Amundson and Nene incident

And Chandler kept trying to fight Nene in the 1st round last year

*Superman*
09-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Whats your point MJ was sneaky-dirty especially against people who hand checked him he had ways to lock peoples arms up and twist his body to get them out of the way without getting caught so whats your point??.....

Heres the link see for yourself him teaching people.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgUqb5hWAVY&feature=PlayList&p=66268B19C8792EC1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=63

Haha, yeah i know, i was just joking. I remember how Nick Anderson told us how when they went for the rebounds, they would step on the players foot so he couldn't get up lol. Sorta like they said in the video.

Corey
09-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Honestly, Ray Allen one of the top 10 dirty players? That's shaky.

CraigtheSoxFan
09-10-2009, 04:06 PM

Lol, I don't see how people think thats an "accident".

BS!

I don't hate many athletes, but the way Rondo plays is disgusting.

Kobe and Ray Allen (along with Rip Hamilton) have been amongst the league's dirtiest players for years. I wouldn't actually call Rondo dirty... he made some high-profile dirty plays during the playoffs but he doesn't on a regular basis like Ray Allen does. Kobe and Rip every single time I see them play I see at least 5-10 things they do that are outrageously dirty that they get away with.

Smacking a player in the face is not making things fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpPoZAxgYws

There are two Boston players. Hmmm just saying. Plus KG has become pretty dirty himself.

Rondo is such a punk.

I dont agree with fisher or amundson being up there. Fisher really isnt that dirty at all(other than that one play against the rockets) and the only thing lou does thats dirty is the work, he comes in games, blocks shots and grabs o rebounds. The worst thing he does is talk dirty to players when he blocks them or whatever but i dont consider that dirty, or else KG should def. be up there.

:cry::cry::cry::cry: this you magic and bulls fans! i love how you guys Bashing Rondo RAY RAY and KG! you alll must be liveing in your mothers basement! so what they are drity i dont give a bleep how drity they are they are just doing there Job! and another thing where is dwight howard and joakim noah on this list? i find it funny they have rondo and ray ray on list and not dwight howard and joakim noah!dwight howard and joakim noah are drity to and you magic and bulls fan act like they did nothing wrong! give me a bleeping break this list is BS! its so BS i think the writers on this list are magic and bulls fans! its a joke.

so i gave me an idea ill make my own list.
1 Dwight howard
2 joakim noah
3 kobe
4 Chris Paul
5 Reggie Evans
6 Mickael Pietrus
7 Tyson Chandler
8 Ray Allen
9 Rajon Rondo
10 KG

this should be the real list

*Superman*
09-10-2009, 04:26 PM
:cry::cry::cry::cry: this you magic and bulls fans! i love how you guys Bashing Rondo RAY RAY and KG! you alll must be liveing in your mothers basement! so what they are drity i dont give a bleep how drity they are they are just doing there Job! and another thing where is dwight howard and joakim noah on this list? i find it funny they have rondo and ray ray on list and not dwight howard and joakim noah!dwight howard and joakim noah are drity to and you magic and bulls fan act like they did nothing wrong! give me a bleeping break this list is BS! its so BS i think the writers on this list are magic and bulls fans! its a joke.

1 Dwight howard
2 joakim noah
3 kobe
4 Chris Paul
5 Reggie Evans
6 Mickael Pietrus
7 Tyson Chandler
8 Ray Allen
9 Rajon Rondo
10 KG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szgo9_CEgc4

CraigtheSoxFan
09-10-2009, 04:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szgo9_CEgc4

wow thats it? a lame rap video :laugh: you got to be kidding me :laugh: yes i am a hater of both the Magic and the bulls and im proud of it

*Superman*
09-10-2009, 04:34 PM
wow thats it? a lame rap video :laugh: you got to be kidding me :laugh:

It expresses my feelings toward you. That and other stuff that would get me suspended and we don't want that.

*Superman*
09-10-2009, 04:37 PM
wow thats it? a lame rap video :laugh: you got to be kidding me :laugh: yes i am a hater of both the Magic and the bulls and im proud of it

Thanks for stating that, I wasn't aware.:rolleyes:

mjt20mik
09-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Where is KG and Bruce Bowen on this list.

Lakersfan2483
09-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Where is James Posey, Bruce Bowen, KG, Kendrick Perkins, Andres Nocioni, Dahntay Jones etc....? Terrible list.

Wilson
09-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Where is James Posey, Bruce Bowen, KG, Kendrick Perkins, Andres Nocioni etc....? They obviously didn't much thought into making the list.

Bowen retired.

The list is for sneaky dirty guys, which is why KG isn't on there (nothing he does goes un-noticed since the Celtics won the championship in '08). I'm with you on Posey and Nocioni though (especially Noc' :p).

Shady66
09-10-2009, 06:34 PM

1 Dwight howard
2 joakim noah
3 kobe
4 Chris Paul
5 Reggie Evans
6 Mickael Pietrus
7 Tyson Chandler
8 Ray Allen
9 Rajon Rondo
10 KG

What makes u think im a chicago fan?
is it my grant hill avatar, or my amare sig?

thephoenixson28
09-10-2009, 06:53 PM
What makes u think im a chicago fan?
is it my grant hill avatar, or my amare sig? I think its the hill avatar he probably thinks I'm a dallas mavs fan

Vinny642
09-10-2009, 07:07 PM
i agree with the person that said u gotta do what u gotta do to win

_KB24_
09-10-2009, 07:47 PM
How is Fish not number 1 :p

They messed up big time. Pietrus is not that dirty-sneaky. Jones, Posey, Noc, Vujacic come to mind.

lakerssssssss
09-11-2009, 02:52 AM
this list is bs

asandhu23
09-11-2009, 03:09 AM
where's bruce bowen?

DerekRE_3
09-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Where is James Posey, Bruce Bowen, KG, Kendrick Perkins, Andres Nocioni, Dahntay Jones etc....? Terrible list.

I wasn't aware that James Posey was sneakily dirty...if he was, not everyone would think he was.

b_russ
09-11-2009, 12:42 PM
I think a lot of people are missing the point. It's sneaky-dirty, not just dirty. Think about it, is Bruce Bowen sneaky when he karate kicks someone? No, and the same goes for Garnet.

SteveNash
09-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Anyone who goes after a mans dick has to top the list. Evans, Paul, Terry should be 1,2,3.

WSU Tony
09-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Didn't Kobe only hit white guys with these tactics? I'm not saying....... I'm just saying.

Vinny642
09-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Sneakily dirty?
IDK anymore I just dont know.
WTF does Sneakily dirty mean?