PDA

View Full Version : Iverson to sign on year deal with Memphis.

BkOriginalOne
09-09-2009, 10:28 AM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/09/09/iverson.memphis/index.html

Barring a last-minute snag, Allen Iverson will sign a one-year, $3.5 million deal with the Memphis Grizzlies in the next 24 to 48 hours, according to NBA sources, ending a summer-long pursuit of a team that wanted the 34-year-old's game and cache and would provide him an opportunity for the playing time he still desperately covets.

The contract will have incentives that could make the deal larger, but the Grizzlies will not renounce their rights to guard Juan Carlos Navarro, which would have freed up another $900,000 in salary cap room.

The Grizzlies' braintrust, including owner Michael Heisley, general manager Chris Wallace and head coach Lionel Hollins, flew to Atlanta on Labor Day to make its offer to Iverson, who has a home there and has been training there this summer with NBA TV analyst and former teammate Eric Snow. The meeting went well and after looking over the remaining options, Iverson took the deal.

Iverson didn't have a lot of suitors this offseason. Memphis, Miami and Charlotte were most aggressive in their pursuits, but the combination of a cut in next season's cap, down to $57.7 million, along with the prospect of even lower cap and luxury tax numbers for the 2010-11 season, dried up most of the potential marketplace for veterans. Portland, one of the few teams with room this summer, had no interest in Iverson, and the contending teams with mid-level exceptions went in different directions.

The 10-time All-Star will be looking to resurrect his career in Memphis, after failing to boost the Nuggets and Pistons into contention the last two seasons. Iverson's teams have not gotten past the first round of the Playoffs since 2003, when the 76ers lost to Detroit in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Since then, Iverson has only been in the Playoffs three times, not including last season, when he was not on the Pistons' postseason roster.

Iverson said a back injury made it impossible for him to play, and the Pistons concurred, though it also coincided with then-coach Michael Curry's decision to bring Iverson off the bench in favor of starter Richard Hamilton. Iverson chafed at the role and said he would rather retire than come off the bench in the future.

However, if Iverson starts in Memphis, that means the Grizzlies would either bench third-year point guard Mike Conley, Jr., who came on toward the end of last season with Hollins backing him, or second-year shooting guard O.J. Mayo. Both guards need all the reps they can get as they continue their development. After trading Pau Gasol to the Lakers early in 2008, the Grizzlies went back to the drawing board, looking to build a new core group around Conley, Mayo and forward Rudy Gay. Memphis added center Hasheem Thabeet and forwards Sam Young and DeMarre Carroll in this year's excellent draft, and acquired forward Zach Randolph from the Clippers in the summer.

But Randolph, like Iverson, needs a lot of touches to be most effective.

"Your whole team changes when Allen is on it," said an Eastern Conference executive. "And he's not that kind of player anymore."

Of course, Iverson feels differently. He said his jumper was "still very wet" in a Twitter post this past weekend, and has said previously he would "lead by example" on his next team.

Iverson should also positively impact the Grizzlies' business side. Memphis was next to last in the league in average attendance this past season, drawing just more than 12,700 a game to the 18,000-seat FedEx Forum, filling around 70 percent of the available seats, the worst percentage in the league.

Iverson posted career lows both in scoring average (17.5) and minutes (26.7) last season, mostly with the Pistons, who acquired him from Denver in November in a trade that sent Chauncey Billups to the Nuggets. That Billups and the Nuggets, who had lost in the first round four straight seasons, then went on to the Western Conference finals before falling to the eventual champion Lakers was an even more bitter tonic for the Pistons, who were quickly swept in the first round by Cleveland.

But Iverson remains one of the league's most popular and iconic players. His Pistons jersey was the fifth-highest seller among individual jerseys at the NBA Store in New York last season, trailing only Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Chris Paul and Kevin Garnett.

JordansBulls
09-09-2009, 10:29 AM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/09/09/iverson.memphis/index.html

Barring a last-minute snag, Allen Iverson will sign a one-year, $3.5 million deal with the Memphis Grizzlies in the next 24 to 48 hours, according to NBA sources, ending a summer-long pursuit of a team that wanted the 34-year-old's game and cache and would provide him an opportunity for the playing time he still desperately covets.

The contract will have incentives that could make the deal larger, but the Grizzlies will not renounce their rights to guard Juan Carlos Navarro, which would have freed up another $900,000 in salary cap room.

The Grizzlies' braintrust, including owner Michael Heisley, general manager Chris Wallace and head coach Lionel Hollins, flew to Atlanta on Labor Day to make its offer to Iverson, who has a home there and has been training there this summer with NBA TV analyst and former teammate Eric Snow. The meeting went well and after looking over the remaining options, Iverson took the deal.

Iverson didn't have a lot of suitors this offseason. Memphis, Miami and Charlotte were most aggressive in their pursuits, but the combination of a cut in next season's cap, down to $57.7 million, along with the prospect of even lower cap and luxury tax numbers for the 2010-11 season, dried up most of the potential marketplace for veterans. Portland, one of the few teams with room this summer, had no interest in Iverson, and the contending teams with mid-level exceptions went in different directions.

The 10-time All-Star will be looking to resurrect his career in Memphis, after failing to boost the Nuggets and Pistons into contention the last two seasons. Iverson's teams have not gotten past the first round of the Playoffs since 2003, when the 76ers lost to Detroit in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Since then, Iverson has only been in the Playoffs three times, not including last season, when he was not on the Pistons' postseason roster.

Iverson said a back injury made it impossible for him to play, and the Pistons concurred, though it also coincided with then-coach Michael Curry's decision to bring Iverson off the bench in favor of starter Richard Hamilton. Iverson chafed at the role and said he would rather retire than come off the bench in the future.

However, if Iverson starts in Memphis, that means the Grizzlies would either bench third-year point guard Mike Conley, Jr., who came on toward the end of last season with Hollins backing him, or second-year shooting guard O.J. Mayo. Both guards need all the reps they can get as they continue their development. After trading Pau Gasol to the Lakers early in 2008, the Grizzlies went back to the drawing board, looking to build a new core group around Conley, Mayo and forward Rudy Gay. Memphis added center Hasheem Thabeet and forwards Sam Young and DeMarre Carroll in this year's excellent draft, and acquired forward Zach Randolph from the Clippers in the summer.

But Randolph, like Iverson, needs a lot of touches to be most effective.

"Your whole team changes when Allen is on it," said an Eastern Conference executive. "And he's not that kind of player anymore."

Of course, Iverson feels differently. He said his jumper was "still very wet" in a Twitter post this past weekend, and has said previously he would "lead by example" on his next team.

Iverson should also positively impact the Grizzlies' business side. Memphis was next to last in the league in average attendance this past season, drawing just more than 12,700 a game to the 18,000-seat FedEx Forum, filling around 70 percent of the available seats, the worst percentage in the league.

Iverson posted career lows both in scoring average (17.5) and minutes (26.7) last season, mostly with the Pistons, who acquired him from Denver in November in a trade that sent Chauncey Billups to the Nuggets. That Billups and the Nuggets, who had lost in the first round four straight seasons, then went on to the Western Conference finals before falling to the eventual champion Lakers was an even more bitter tonic for the Pistons, who were quickly swept in the first round by Cleveland.

But Iverson remains one of the league's most popular and iconic players. His Pistons jersey was the fifth-highest seller among individual jerseys at the NBA Store in New York last season, trailing only Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Chris Paul and Kevin Garnett.

If that is all that it costs then why didn't a team that is borderline playoffs get him?

BkOriginalOne
09-09-2009, 10:35 AM
His deal is packed with incentives. I wish they would tell us what those were.
Hopefully, they have to deal with some combo of FG% Steals and PPG.

But, I agree, 3.5 million.
I can't imagine charlotte nor Miami not being able to fork over that amount of cash, sans incentives.

BkOriginalOne
09-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Iverson's twiitter quotes from within 30 mins.

"God Chose Memphis as the place that I will continue my career. I met with Mr. Heinsley, Chris Wallace and my next head coach Lionel Hollins"

Then.
"I feel that they are committed to developing a winner and I know that I can help them to accomplish that. I feel that I can trust them."

BkOriginalOne
09-09-2009, 10:40 AM
HYOPTHETICALLY.
Iverson takes the grizzlies to the playoffs. (they could still have more moves in the bag)
He will cash in next season like he wants, right?

bogmon
09-09-2009, 11:01 AM

"God Chose Memphis as the place that I will continue my career. I met with Mr. Heinsley, Chris Wallace and my next head coach Lionel Hollins"

No AI....you chose to be a ball-hogging, self-absorbed d-bag; alienating yourself from your teammates and creating more media turmoil than you could ever possibly be worth in every place you have ever been!

God chose NOTHING....you ended up in the last place that would take you....

THANK GOD THERE IS ONE LEFT!

DerekRE_3
09-09-2009, 01:03 PM
If that is all that it costs then why didn't a team that is borderline playoffs get him?

Maybe they thought he would make them worse chemistry wise. That's probably what's gonna happen in Memphis. Zach Randolph, Allen Iverson, and Rudy Gay is just gonna be a nightmare. 3 chuckers on the same team...:puke:

IRUAM #21
09-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Maybe they thought he would make them worse chemistry wise. That's probably what's gonna happen in Memphis. Zach Randolph, Allen Iverson, and Rudy Gay is just gonna be a nightmare. 3 chuckers on the same team...:puke:

Dont forget Mayo.

IBleedPurple
09-09-2009, 01:59 PM
HYOPTHETICALLY.
Iverson takes the grizzlies to the playoffs. (they could still have more moves in the bag)
He will cash in next season like he wants, right?

He won't get any more than this year with a smaller cap and another year in age

No AI....you chose to be a ball-hogging, self-absorbed d-bag; alienating yourself from your teammates and creating more media turmoil than you could ever possibly be worth in every place you have ever been!

God chose NOTHING....you ended up in the last place that would take you....

THANK GOD THERE IS ONE LEFT!

^this lol

DerekRE_3
09-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Dont forget Mayo.

Exactly.

Boston Faithful
09-09-2009, 02:06 PM
How is this possibly going to work?

He won't want to be 6th man. They have Randolph on the team which is like cancer. They also have young guys in Mayo, Gasol, Gay, Conley and Thabeet they need to develop. Iverson definitely needed to go to Charlotte.

DerekRE_3
09-09-2009, 02:08 PM
How is this possibly going to work?

He won't want to be 6th man. They have Randolph on the team which is like cancer. They also have young guys in Mayo, Gasol, Gay, Conley and Thabeet they need to develop. Iverson definitely needed to go to Charlotte.

Thank god he didn't. If he had, we wouldn't have had the money to re-sign Raymond Felton, which is the #1 priority.

xHTOWN713x
09-09-2009, 02:16 PM
You guys all make great points. I'm not a fan of AI, so I really don't care. If I was him id have signed with a contender for veterans min. What a joke his career is going to end up, memphis? What do you guys expect after this season?

Raph12
09-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Should've gone to Charlotte, this sounds like Detroit-situation all over again.

Raph12
09-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Thank god he didn't. If he had, we wouldn't have had the money to re-sign Raymond Felton, which is the #1 priority.

Felton shouldn't be your #1 priority, sorry to burst your bubble, but the Cats will not be a playoff team with that roster, Felton can't do **** he is WAY overrated, Charlotte needs a scorer and especially after you lost another in Okafor. Good luck bud.

DerekRE_3
09-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Felton shouldn't be your #1 priority, sorry to burst your bubble, but the Cats will not be a playoff team with that roster, Felton can't do **** he is WAY overrated, Charlotte needs a scorer and especially after you lost another in Okafor. Good luck bud.

So it's better to go after a 34 year old that will play one year instead of locking up a 24 year old PG that is a great teammate, plays hard, never gets hurt, plays very good defense, and runs the team? Felton overrated? By who? Nobody talks about him.

Raph12
09-09-2009, 02:30 PM
So it's better to go after a 34 year old that will play one year instead of locking up a 24 year old PG that is a great teammate, plays hard, never gets hurt, plays very good defense, and runs the team? Felton overrated? By who? Nobody talks about him.

Overrated by your franchise, Charlotte needs a scorer that should be their 1st priority period. Felton and the Cats are far in negotiations, they have time to talk to him and who's to say they couldn't sign both.

DreamShaker
09-09-2009, 03:29 PM

Then.
"I feel that they are committed to developing a winner and I know that I can help them to accomplish that. I feel that I can trust them."

God must hate him...

Zefflin
09-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I honestly don't really care for AI at all. But I hope he does something good in Memphis. I feel like I like that team now and AI for some reason...God is telling me this...

Reddd
09-09-2009, 04:57 PM
I was so hoping for Charlotte to get him cheap and resign Felton at the same time:(
Charlotte would've been play-off bound with their full roster + a scorer like Iverson IMO

roshan3ai
09-09-2009, 05:00 PM
i really really hope this works out

JMKnick33
09-09-2009, 05:13 PM
this team will average 0.2 assists per game.

DerekRE_3
09-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Overrated by your franchise, Charlotte needs a scorer that should be their 1st priority period. Felton and the Cats are far in negotiations, they have time to talk to him and who's to say they couldn't sign both.

Uh...we don't want to hit the luxury tax and are over the cap, that's why we can't afford to sign both. Also, people assume Iverson is perfect for us because we don't have a go to scorer....couldn't be more wrong. He would ruin our chemistry and is over the hill. He's just not worth it.

PLAYERS FAN
09-09-2009, 05:51 PM

Felton not overrated but more of a flop:D

DerekRE_3
09-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Felton not overrated but more of a flop:D

Not really, he's always going to be overshadowed by Deron Williams and Chris Paul but to call him a flop is laughable. People just haven't seen him play.

IversonIsKrazy
09-09-2009, 07:27 PM
^^
because no1 wants to watch the Bobcats.

IversonIsKrazy
09-09-2009, 07:29 PM
i mean, i cant believe this is happening to his career, Memphis, what a joke. Well, i dont know what to expect. Their are way too many teams competing for the final spot in the playoffs, like; Suns, Warriors, Clippers, Thunder, and now Grizzlies. I really do hope they make the 8th seed, to prove the haters wrong, but i highly doubt this is going to happen. I mean a team with AI, Mayo, and Radolph is just asking for trouble. I hope Zach can cut down on the shots. I honestly c them at the 10th spot.

iHop
09-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Iverson should of signed with the bobcats, wonder why Memphis

DerekRE_3
09-09-2009, 07:48 PM
^^
because no1 wants to watch the Bobcats.

They are actually a fun team to watch. Like I said...people just haven't seen them because they aren't on prime time tv. If you like watching guys that play hard, play good defense, and play team basketball, watch the Bobcats.

bigsams50
09-09-2009, 07:50 PM
They are actually a fun team to watch. Like I said...people just haven't seen them because they aren't on prime time tv. If you like watching guys that play hard, play good defense, and play team basketball, watch the Bobcats.

:clap: people always seem to underrate charlottes defense. they never get respect for it.

JWO35
09-09-2009, 07:55 PM
With the #1 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, the Memphis Grizzlies select ______!

lol but yeah, they are still pretty bad...I think they are better without him.

PLAYERS FAN
09-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Not really, he's always going to be overshadowed by Deron Williams and Chris Paul but to call him a flop is laughable. People just haven't seen him play.

I live 15 miles from Charlotte I witness Felton play alot on local T.V. I personally thought DJ Augustine was better at the point than Felton this year. I witness many times that Larry Brown was quick to bench him for D.J. They was trying to trade him last year because rumor was that D.J. was a better fit at the point guard position. I just don't see no development in his game. I always root for the Bobcats because I like Gerald Wallace unless they are playing the Lakers.:D

DerekRE_3
09-09-2009, 08:31 PM
I live 15 miles from Charlotte I witness Felton play alot on local T.V. I personally thought DJ Augustine was better at the point than Felton this year. I witness many times that Larry Brown was quick to bench him for D.J. They was trying to trade him last year because rumor was that D.J. was a better fit at the point guard position. I just don't see no development in his game. I always root for the Bobcats because I like Gerald Wallace unless they are playing the Lakers.:D

I watched about 80 Bobcats games last year, and I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Felton was much better at initiating the offense, and is a much better defender than DJ Augustin is. Augustin is by far the better shooter, but that's it at this point. Also...for being so quick to bench Felton for DJ, Felton sure played a lot of minutes last year: 38 MPG

I have only heard Larry Brown say great things about Felton, so not sure what you are talking about. He has been soaking up everything Brown has been teaching him like a sponge, and my not have statistically had a better year last year, but he by far played the best basketball of his career under Brown last year. All he needs to do is keep working on that jumpshot, he has everything else down.

PLAYERS FAN
09-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I watched about 80 Bobcats games last year, and I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Felton was much better at initiating the offense, and is a much better defender than DJ Augustin is. Augustin is by far the better shooter, but that's it at this point. Also...for being so quick to bench Felton for DJ, Felton sure played a lot of minutes last year: 38 MPG

I have only heard Larry Brown say great things about Felton, so not sure what you are talking about. He has been soaking up everything Brown has been teaching him like a sponge, and my not have statistically had a better year last year, but he by far played the best basketball of his career under Brown last year. All he needs to do is keep working on that jumpshot, he has everything else down.

I personally think Felton is a underrated defender in this league. I witness Felton took some crazy shots sometime especially in close game situations. I disagree about he was better than Augustin at initiating the offense. Felton is a better player than D.J. Augustin. I personally think Felton is better playing SG than PG.

AirJordanXVIII
09-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Come on AI. Come back to Philly..

Oh well, I hope he does nothing but improve from last year. This cant be good for Conley since he was actaully starting to play very well last year.

DerekRE_3
09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I personally think Felton is a underrated defender in this league. I witness Felton took some crazy shots sometime especially in close game situations. I disagree about he was better than Augustin at initiating the offense. Felton is a better player than D.J. Augustin. I personally think Felton is better playing SG than PG.

Ugh....I'm so sick of people saying that. He got the combo guard label because our coaching staff was ******** and put him at the 2 a lot his first 2 years in the league. He's too short to play the 2. And those crazy shots you saw him take were probably taken because the shot clock was winding down. Augustin really didn't do that much to initiate the offense, he was mostly used as a shooter when he was on the court. Even when they had Felton playing the 2 with DJ, Felton played PG on offense but defended the other team's 2.

mzgrizz
09-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I am delighted that Heisley won out.....He was the driving force and made the decision; AI took it and believed in it. We will DEFINITELY have a different team to watch this season and I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO START!!!
Welcome to Memphis. AI and the entire Iverson family!!!!

RaiderLakersA's
09-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Is this the end of the line for AI?

mzgrizz
09-09-2009, 10:07 PM
^^^^
Not necessarily! When AI proves all the dissenters wrong, they'll be lining up to offer him an extended contract. Isn't that what it's all about for him? Show he still has it, and then go through this process one more time next year? Won't he play his heart out to do just that? And in the meanwhile, he'll be in a city that WANTS him and will offer him and his family Southern hospitality!

LakePackYank
09-09-2009, 10:14 PM
i actually like this for the grizz. I mean AI can't play worse then last year and who knows. I mean i love the lineup on paper, if they can make a good chemistry somehow, then they can be deadly.

Raph12
09-09-2009, 10:36 PM
^^^^
Not necessarily! When AI proves all the dissenters wrong, they'll be lining up to offer him an extended contract. Isn't that what it's all about for him? Show he still has it, and then go through this process one more time next year? Won't he play his heart out to do just that? And in the meanwhile, he'll be in a city that WANTS him and will offer him and his family Southern hospitality!

You do realize that either Gay or Mayo will not be able to meet their full potential with AI on board right? Chances are AI make Gay a stud and Mayo bolts the 1st chance he gets.

mzgrizz
09-09-2009, 11:38 PM
^^^^ No, I do not believe those are mutually exclusive. Good post on the other main thread I just read;;;;;;;one of the last posts on whether we'll make the playoffs''''''and he makes the case for how it can happen.

JayW_1023
09-10-2009, 05:35 AM
It'll be fun to see how long it takes before this team implodes into obscurity.

JayW_1023
09-10-2009, 05:39 AM
At least Thabeet will be happy...all the misses he will be able to rebound will inflate his rebounding numbers considerably.

The_Mac22
09-10-2009, 05:46 AM
This will be fun to watch.

#1Mavericksfan
09-10-2009, 08:26 AM
I can't wait to see how this is gonna play out....If Iverson was willing to take a small role he might be getting ready to play for a chance at a title this season but he's not.

Grizz/Cowboys09
09-10-2009, 09:31 AM
I am delighted that Heisley won out.....He was the driving force and made the decision; AI took it and believed in it. We will DEFINITELY have a different team to watch this season and I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO START!!!
Welcome to Memphis. AI and the entire Iverson family!!!!

EXACTLY

I am soooo excited about the upcoming season (I was before Iverson because I like the draft and the trades)...regardless of the record (I think the Grizzlies will take Houstons playoff spot), the Grizzlies will be very exciting to watch on and off the court

I'm riding my bike to the introduction ceremony at the FedEx Forum at 11am

DenButsu
09-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I'd like to humbly suggest to Allen that his first order of business be learning how to spell the name of his team.

alleniversonremember and that I will not soon forget! The fans, the media, my teammates and coaches all make me feel wanted. I will not disappoint!about 1 hour ago from web

alleniversonToday I wakeup a Memphis Grizzlie, and it feels great! Thanks to the Grizzlies and the city of Memphis for the warmest welcome that I canabout 1 hour ago from web

Lucky Junior
09-11-2009, 10:36 AM

Yeah, they do everything except pu the ball in the basket lol.

Lucky Junior
09-11-2009, 10:45 AM

They played together a lot last year. But they can't survive like that because there's too many great SGs in this league, and the best thing about Felton is his defense which playing the sg nullifies.

Oh yeah, and just to be honest, D.J. is a WAY better passer as well.

mzgrizz
09-11-2009, 04:46 PM
I'd like to humbly suggest to Allen that his first order of business be learning how to spell the name of his team.

Den, the team IS the Grizzlies......one Grizzly would be a single player........so he did get the team right.
He is about like half the posters on this forum who can't spell cat........or maybe it's just the typing!

Taimla
09-11-2009, 06:18 PM
its all about Coach right now IMO

If he can make Iverson happy as a Bench player and handle the Randolph then they can be something speical.

But if Iverson accept only playing as a starter and Randolph stil thinks he is a clutch player then its trouble in the house.
Iverson,Majo,Gay and Randolph are all talnted player but they just aren't made for playing all at the same time in same court wearing a same uniform.

but Griz have a lot of options, if they wanna go fast and explosive then they should use lineup Iverson majo gay arthur and gasol and if they wanna go down low then it would be conley majo/iverson gay randolph and gasol. If they wanna go defensevly then send Randloph and IVerson to the bench and let the Thabeet and Gasol be togethor on the court.

This is a 82 games long chess tournament for Lionel Hollins

DenButsu
09-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Den, the team IS the Grizzlies......one Grizzly would be a single player........so he did get the team right.
He is about like half the posters on this forum who can't spell cat........or maybe it's just the typing!

Okay, you caught me on a technicality. :cool: But the main thing is in his first tweet saying he's happy to be a Grizzly, he said he's happy to be a Grizzlie.

All I'm saying is I winced a little.

smith&wesson
09-11-2009, 08:24 PM

WWOW, did iverson brake your ankles in a game of 1 on 1 ? this post has hater all over it.

MackSnackWrap
09-11-2009, 08:25 PM
i wanted Iverson in charlotte, but oh well.

IversonIsKrazy
09-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Former MVP, 2nd in all-time PPG, 5th in all-time Steals, 60 point game, Numerous scoring titles, Former ROY, 10+ all-star, joins the city of Memphis.

That statement just doesnt sound right.

DerekRE_3
09-11-2009, 09:31 PM
WWOW, did iverson brake your ankles in a game of 1 on 1 ? this post has hater all over it.

Do you think there are enough basketballs to go around on that team? Rudy Gay, Randolph, Mayo, and Iverson all want to shoot 20 times a game. It's just not gonna work.

mzgrizz
09-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Former MVP, 2nd in all-time PPG, 5th in all-time Steals, 60 point game, Numerous scoring titles, Former ROY, 10+ all-star, joins the city of Memphis.

That statement just doesnt sound right.

Well, it obviously sounded right to Iverson.......and to thousands of fans here. We are definitely having a good time with it!