PDA

View Full Version : 2009/10 Players to Look out For

WestCoastSportz
09-08-2009, 06:25 PM
This is my list of unexpected players that should have a break out season.

Darko Milicic (New York Knicks) - How quickly did this guy become an already bust, but lets not forget that he's still only 24 years old. The problem in his first few seasons is that he has yet to find a coach to utilize him the right way. D'Antoni will do that. A 7 footer with his athleticism, size, length and outside shooting ability is still rare. He's more mobile and much stronger than Bargnani, plus a much better rebouder and shot blocker yet. Darko should start over the overweight Eddy Curry and should have a his best season to date. Predicted Stats: 16 points, 9 rebounds and 2 blocks per game.

Marco Belinelli (Toronto Raptors) - The Warriors just gave up on this kid and gave him away to the Raptors for Devean George. The Italian regime in Toronto with Bryan Coangelo (GM) and Jay Triano (Coach), will insure that Belinelli gets a chance to do what he's capable of. This guy can shoot the ball and score in a hurry. He can also play tough perimeter defense. Predicted Stats: 15 points, 5 assists and 3 rebounds.

Jason Thompson (Sacramento Kings) - The Kings will lean more on Thompson this season. As a rookie, he played very well averaging 11 points and 7.5 boards a game. He'll get more touches with Tyreke Evans running the show and he'll definitely get more minutes than the 28 mpg last season. Predicted Stats: 19 points and 10 rebounds.

Yi Jianlian (New Jersey Nets) - Look for Coach Frank to utilize Yi better this season. Without a true goto guy, now that Carter is gone, Yi should see the ball much more than he did last season. He's gotten stronger during this Summer and has worked on his post game. Predicted Stats: 17 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists and a block per game

Vinny642
09-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Na **** this I keep saying Wright and no one says anything so whats the point.

Yi wont breakout of ****

Tyreke most liekly wont start , so he wont be helping Thompson,

Belinelli maybe, just maybe

Darko- Doubt it

NYtilIdie
09-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Eddy is now 318 so he isn't overweight anymore and will most likely start over Milic to increase his trade value.

But swap Milic for Galinari and Yi with C.Lee and Thompson with K.Martin and you would have a good list

mrblisterdundee
09-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Vince Carter: During his entire career in Toronto and New Jersey, Vince Carter battled defenses collapsing on him. How will that happen now? There's always at least two other significant Orlando threats on the court. Not only will he easily replace the offense of Turkoglu, but he'll show off his new distribution network as well. I'm a fan of Rasheed Wallace, but the Magic are making annual Finals trips.

Hedo Turkoglu: Turkoglu represents the second best part of Toronto's ultimately flawed basketball strategy. Chris Bosh is obviously the best piece. He'll score major buckets and get five to six assists per game, all while showing off his slashing abilities to a team of jump-shooters, including a mildly intimidating power forward.

Gilbert Arenas: It's his year for a comeback party, because it's his last chance. Washington has been very patient and generous, but another total failure and a high 1st round pick will mean bye bye to the current threesome. Arenas will still be around, because nobody will want his contract and then unequivocally proven knee issues. He's been patient as well, and when healthy will help the Wizards to the second and possibly third round of the playoffs.

lorenz00
09-08-2009, 07:12 PM
chris bosh will break out this season ... season stats 26 and 12

mikantsass
09-08-2009, 07:18 PM
I agree with Thompson. 1 out of 4 aint bad...........?

MrFastBreak
09-08-2009, 07:28 PM
:laugh: @ Darko Milicic

ManRam
09-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Thompson definitely. I swear Darko makes this list every year. I except nothing new from him. Russel Westbrook will go nuts this year. I expect big things from Daequan Cook. Rajon Rondo will make the leap. He'll be an all-star.

bostncelts34
09-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Vince Carter: During his entire career in Toronto and New Jersey, Vince Carter battled defenses collapsing on him. How will that happen now? There's always at least two other significant Orlando threats on the court. Not only will he easily replace the offense of Turkoglu, but he'll show off his new distribution network as well. I'm a fan of Rasheed Wallace, but the Magic are making annual Finals trips.

Hedo Turkoglu: Turkoglu represents the second best part of Toronto's ultimately flawed basketball strategy. Chris Bosh is obviously the best piece. He'll score major buckets and get five to six assists per game, all while showing off his slashing abilities to a team of jump-shooters, including a mildly intimidating power forward.

Gilbert Arenas: It's his year for a comeback party, because it's his last chance. Washington has been very patient and generous, but another total failure and a high 1st round pick will mean bye bye to the current threesome. Arenas will still be around, because nobody will want his contract and then unequivocally proven knee issues. He's been patient as well, and when healthy will help the Wizards to the second and possibly third round of the playoffs.

Makes no sense to me...

1. Carter had plenty of options in Nj back in the day. Kidd and Jefferson being the biggest ones. Defense's wouldn't collapse on carter.

2.Turkoglu had just as many, if not more shooters on the perimeters in orlando when he would slash. Not to mention having d12 down low. I don't see how him being in Toronto is better than Orlando. Its either the same, or worse.

Raph12
09-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard, Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay and Allen Iverson to name a few.

Ace33Bone
09-09-2009, 11:12 AM
:laugh: @ Darko Milicic

me too :violin:

FlakeyFool
09-09-2009, 11:24 AM

You really don't know what your talking about.

MackSnackWrap
09-09-2009, 04:53 PM
chris bosh will break out this season ... season stats 26 and 12

I really hope so, but i doubt it

MackSnackWrap
09-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I really think Marco Belleneli is talented and will have a solid season

b_rad23
09-09-2009, 05:37 PM
You really don't know what your talking about.

No defense+inefficient offense= flawed strategy...sorry.

DerekRE_3
09-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Na **** this I keep saying Wright and no one says anything so whats the point.

Yi wont breakout of ****

Tyreke most liekly wont start , so he wont be helping Thompson,

Belinelli maybe, just maybe

Darko- Doubt it

Haha...yeah he will. Tyreke will beat out Beno Udrih by the 1st practice.

Vinny642
09-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Haha...yeah he will. Tyreke will beat out Beno Udrih by the 1st practice.

He definitely should but from what im reading he will own play the PG in an emergency. But I thinking sometime during the season he will get his chance.

ballpd05
09-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Rudy Gay and Courtney Lee.

DerekRE_3
09-09-2009, 07:11 PM
He definitely should but from what im reading he will own play the PG in an emergency. But I thinking sometime during the season he will get his chance.

Not sure what you've been reading. Even when our owners were asked about when he would start they said: "The moment he steps onto the floor."

There is no doubt in my mind he won't be starting PG for us.