PDA

View Full Version : Gillette Commercial - Rubio

LifeAboveTheRim
09-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Just curious if anyone else noticed the new Gillette Commercial, that featured Tiger Woods, Derek Jeter and amongst others, included Ricky Rubio.

I found this rather odd considering all the news as of late with him deciding to stay in Spain for another 2 years, that he has a commercial with an American company, on American television.

So what I'm trying to poke at, does this mean all the news we have been hearing surrounding this kid is all B/S? If he has an endorsement deal with Gillette, could this be part of the package that Kahn put on the table, and that he really is coming? Is the Ramon Sessions signing more evidence that Minny knows he is coming and already has a deal with a major market team to deal him?

I smell something cooking.........

Shady66
09-07-2009, 09:57 PM
He shouldnt be in a gillette commercial, he prolly doesnt even shave yet..

brandonwarne52
09-07-2009, 09:58 PM
That commercial was probably filmed many months ago.

xSolidx
09-07-2009, 09:59 PM
This is an old *** commercial...

It doesnt mean anything since i remember seeing this a little after the NBA draft

D Roses Bulls
09-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Just curious if anyone else noticed the new Gillette Commercial, that featured Tiger Woods, Derek Jeter and amongst others, included Ricky Rubio.

I found this rather odd considering all the news as of late with him deciding to stay in Spain for another years, that he has a commercial with an American company, on American television.

So what I'm trying to poke at, does this mean all the news we have been surrounding this kid is all B/S? If he has an endorsement deal with Gillette, could this be part of the package that Kahn put on the table, and that he really is coming? Is the Ramon Sessions signing more evidence that Minny knows he is coming and already has a deal with a major market team to deal him?

yeah the commercial is pretty old. i would look into it anymore. you think though he would of gotten endorsements or something to pay off his contract in spain, but personally i think he is an *** and was to scared to come right now to the nba.

loki34
09-07-2009, 10:04 PM
He shouldnt be in a gillette commercial, he prolly doesnt even shave yet..

:laugh:

LifeAboveTheRim
09-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Sorry guys, I didn't know it was that old. Guess the kid is staying in Spain.

But LOL to Shady66's comment

PurpleJesus
09-07-2009, 10:23 PM
very weird that he is in a commercial that features two great, HOF type players

FLWolvesFan
09-07-2009, 11:06 PM

I found this rather odd considering all the news as of late with him deciding to stay in Spain for another 2 years, that he has a commercial with an American company, on American television.

So what I'm trying to poke at, does this mean all the news we have been hearing surrounding this kid is all B/S? If he has an endorsement deal with Gillette, could this be part of the package that Kahn put on the table, and that he really is coming? Is the Ramon Sessions signing more evidence that Minny knows he is coming and already has a deal with a major market team to deal him?

No it's not some sort of endorsement deal involving Kahn, it's an old commercial that aired around the draft. Why Rubio is in there with Jeter and Woods is anyone's guess, global marketing is mine. Either way he's not going to the Knicks unless it's at least a 3 way trade, and Kahn will get at least equal value. He can't leave Spain until at least 2011 from what I'm hearing anyway.

What I don't get is the whole "big market" bs. Who in NY, other than Jeter, has a major sponsorship? No Giants, Jets, Mets, etc. Hell, the last Knick I've seen in a commercial was "fatric Ewing" in a Snickers commercial. It's based upon performance and personality not the market. From the Vikings alone, AP is on an ESPN commercial and Favre struts around with his Wranglers, throw in Lebron, Peyton Manning, et al and it looks as though market size is a small factor at best in endorsement opportunities.

sexicano31
09-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Its a really old commercial, came out a little after the draft. The funny thing is he probably cant even grow facial hair yet lol

tsb77
09-07-2009, 11:35 PM
the last Knick I've seen in a commercial was "fatric Ewing" in a Snickers commercial.

It's Patrick Chewing. C'mon now you're better than that haha

lakerssssssss
09-07-2009, 11:36 PM
who cares

FLWolvesFan
09-07-2009, 11:59 PM
It's Patrick Chewing. C'mon now you're better than that haha

lol Found it hard to recall the last one, I just remembered it was Ewing and it rhymed.

Becks2307
09-08-2009, 12:37 AM
man Adam Nougateri is classic in the snickers ad