PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy League 1: Discussion Thread

Sports Illustrator
09-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Sports Illustrator: Kobe Bryant & Kevin Durant.

_Supreme_: Dwyane Wade & Dwight Howard.

LD V2.0: Danny Granger & Kevin Garnett.

nYk_way: Dirk Nowitzki & Amare Stoudemire.

Devils05: Chris Bosh & Paul Pierce.

IndiansFan337: Chris Paul & Pau Gasol.

Joshtd1: None.

#24 Lakerland: Lebron James.

Bob_at_York: None.

Macedonian: None.

BlondeBomber41: None.

DQL: None.

LD V2.0
09-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Granger and maybe Garnett. I need to see how Kev's rehab progresses before I decide on him.

Bob_at_york
09-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Damn my team was ****.

DamnGoat
09-08-2009, 11:45 PM
How many can we keep? I'm guessing 2 based on the responses...

I'll hang onto Melo for sure, but I'm not sure who else yet.

Joshtd1
09-09-2009, 01:33 AM
I dont even remember who was on my team..

LD V2.0
09-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Damn my team was ****.

Ha, ha, are you always this brutally honest with yourself? I would be interested in Brandon Roy if you choose to keep him. I would be interested in talking KG for Roy. Think about it.

http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nba/2008/18748

Bob_at_york
09-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Ha, ha, are you always this brutally honest with yourself? I would be interested in Brandon Roy if you choose to keep him. I would be interested in talking KG for Roy. Think about it.
did I have Roy? I must have missed his name on the list. Either way, I wasn't impressed with the list.

LD V2.0
09-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you have Roy.

#24 Lakerland
09-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I keep Lebron for sure. Maybe Tim Duncan.

Anyone intrested in a trade for Duncan?

Bob_at_york
09-09-2009, 07:09 PM

damn, I had no idea you were still alive.

Sports Illustrator
09-09-2009, 09:08 PM
did I have Roy? I must have missed his name on the list. Either way, I wasn't impressed with the list.

Who are you keeping? Only Roy?

Checkout the link that LD gave you.

LD V2.0
09-09-2009, 09:36 PM

LBJ? Yes. Duncan? No. Do you have interest in moving James?

#24 Lakerland
09-12-2009, 04:54 AM
nope

#24 Lakerland
09-12-2009, 04:55 AM
damn, I had no idea you were still alive.
haha, i come on psd once in a while just to check up with whats going on but thats it

Sports Illustrator
09-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Lets pickup the speed with this folks. I already created the league, all I need is you guys to tell me whether you are playing or not and let me know your keepers.

Oh yea and Bob, I don't mean to call you out but you need to be part of the live draft this year because otherwise you will have the same results. Playing poker can no longer be your excuse :).

_Supreme_
09-13-2009, 10:10 AM
I'll keep Dwyane & Dwight.

nYk_wAy
09-13-2009, 07:52 PM
I hope people who play will be active. If you're not committed, don't waste our time and yours.

For now...Dirk and Amare.

Devils05
09-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Wow my team sucked. Bosh/PP for me

IndiansFan337
09-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Lets pickup the speed with this folks. I already created the league, all I need is you guys to tell me whether you are playing or not and let me know your keepers.

Oh yea and Bob, I don't mean to call you out but you need to be part of the live draft this year because otherwise you will have the same results. Playing poker can no longer be your excuse :).

Why did you create a new league instead of just continuing the one from last year? Then we could look back on the history of seasons past & see former rosters/champions.

Also, I would like to clarify that players can only be kept twice in a row? I think I kept Dirk for 2 years before trading him last year.

Sports Illustrator
09-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Why did you create a new league instead of just continuing the one from last year? Then we could look back on the history of seasons past & see former rosters/champions.

Also, I would like to clarify that players can only be kept twice in a row? I think I kept Dirk for 2 years before trading him last year.

I didn't know exactly how to do that.

Dirk is on nyk_way's team. But yes, you can keep a player two times in a row.

IndiansFan337
09-14-2009, 05:42 PM
I work at a bank & we are open until 1pm on Saturday's. I can't draft until 2pm or later.

LD V2.0
09-15-2009, 08:48 AM
I didn't know exactly how to do that.

Dirk is on nyk_way's team. But yes, you can keep a player two times in a row.

When you actually set the league up you had to select the PSD league then. I could do it and then make you commish if you would like? Its not too late to do it. You would just need to delete the old one after.

Joshtd1
09-16-2009, 03:00 AM
My team was terrible. I only have one real true keeper..and hes out for the year.

I guess Ill keep Jamison and Lewis

DamnGoat
09-16-2009, 03:05 AM
I don't plan on being in this league again, so you can give my spot to someone else if you want.

Macedonian
09-16-2009, 07:57 AM
I don't plan on being in this league again, so you can give my spot to someone else if you want.I'd be more than glad if I get the spot... Let me know if you're OK with that!

LD V2.0
09-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Mace has been in the Raptors board league for years. He's a really good manager who is very active. He would be a good choice.

Sports Illustrator
09-16-2009, 01:32 PM
I already added Macedonian as a promotion from his performance in League 2. He already had his spot secured. Someone else is taking Damngoat's spot.

Macedonian
09-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Mace has been in the Raptors board league for years. He's a really good manager who is very active. He would be a good choice.
I got an invitation by SI this morning, and I'm already IN...
Anyway, thanks LD!:)

IndiansFan337
09-17-2009, 07:53 PM
When you actually set the league up you had to select the PSD league then. I could do it and then make you commish if you would like? Its not too late to do it. You would just need to delete the old one after.

Let's do this. How many years of our team history do you have, Bob?

This really is necessary to enforce the keeper rules, IMO.

I desperately want to be in this league again, but I am going to drop out if I cannot make the live draft.

Apophis
09-18-2009, 06:16 AM
I got the invite and sent my email info...

_Supreme_
09-18-2009, 09:20 AM
The draft time right now works for me: 5 in the evening my local time.

I can attend for about one hour and 20 minutes until I have to leave for work. I would be home again 6 hours later than the current draft start time.

So if by any chance the draft time is changed please don't set it at any time within those 6 hours.

Macedonian
09-18-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm OK with any day, any time... day or night, rain or shine!:)

Sports Illustrator
09-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Let's do this. How many years of our team history do you have, Bob?

This really is necessary to enforce the keeper rules, IMO.

I desperately want to be in this league again, but I am going to drop out if I cannot make the live draft.

Any chance that you could pre-rank? Its not that bad actually, I have done it many times in other leagues and it can work really well as long as you pre-rank your players well.

I got the invite and sent my email info...

That wasn't for this league, that was for the NY Knicks league.

The draft time right now works for me: 5 in the evening my local time.

I can attend for about one hour and 20 minutes until I have to leave for work. I would be home again 6 hours later than the current draft start time.

So if by any chance the draft time is changed please don't set it at any time within those 6 hours.

As I told Indiansfan, it looks like everyone is comfortable with the draft time the way it is right now. No one else has said anything about moving the time. I couldn't move the draft time to the afternoon because I know people have things to do in the afternoon and at night. That is why our drafts are always done on Saturday mornings when people wake up. We do it like this every year.

What I could do is make the draft 30 minutes or an hour earlier so that you won't miss part of the draft, but the league needs to agree with that as well.

IndiansFan337
09-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Alright, I guess I am not going to do it this year. I don't want a keeper league riding on pre-rankings. And the last few years it seems that more & more people quit updating their team before the end of the season. Back when we had nearly all hardcore fantasy nuts this league was awesome.

BoSelecta!!!
09-20-2009, 10:00 PM
yo league 2 if 1 is full?

_Supreme_
09-21-2009, 11:31 AM
yo league 2 if 1 is full?

What was your name in league 2 last year? Balldontlie?

BoSelecta!!!
09-21-2009, 03:08 PM
What was your name in league 2 last year? Balldontlie?

Yes.

Sports Illustrator
09-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Would anyone be opposed to be moving the draft 11 hours later at 10 PM ET?

Bob_at_york
09-23-2009, 12:45 PM

what day is it again?

Sports Illustrator
09-23-2009, 12:49 PM
what day is it again?

Saturday.

Also, who are your keepers? Remember, you can always opt to enter the draft without any keepers.

Bob_at_york
09-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Saturday.

Also, who are your keepers? Remember, you can always opt to enter the draft without any keepers.

I am aware. I will let you know in a day or two about the keepers. I think no matter what time on saturday, I will be busy so it doesn't matter to me what time you agree on.

LD V2.0
09-23-2009, 09:54 PM

Saturday night? That's the worst time possible. Why change it at the last minute?

Sports Illustrator
09-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Saturday night? That's the worst time possible. Why change it at the last minute?

Just trying to find a convenient time for everyone in this league including Indiansfan. It would have been nice to have him back don't you think?

Its hard to accommodate everyone though :(.

LD V2.0
09-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah but I think Saturday night blows.

Bob_at_york
09-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Yeah but I think Saturday night blows.

really? I think saturday night rocks, I am going out to a bar with some lovely ladies!

It just it isn't a good time for a fantasy draft.

LD V2.0
09-24-2009, 01:32 PM
LOL, you know what I mean Bob....Smart ***. :p

My best bud is having a B-Day party that night. I would think the majority of people have something going on Saturday night. Its the most common off day. In terms of the ladies thing, keeping playing Bob! I'm going on to the third year with my GF soon...Those nights are only in my dreams haha.

Sports Illustrator
09-24-2009, 11:32 PM
OK, we can forget about that idea. Just asking. I personally rather do it in the morning but I am trying to go by everyone's convenience here, well at least most people.

Bob, I am disappointed. I was hoping you can be able to draft this year since you always seem to miss the draft :(.

LD V2.0
09-25-2009, 12:26 AM
Just an idea, everybody update your pre-ranked list if you can't make it. Drafting injured or suspended or dead people makes you look...Well, dumb. ;)

Sports Illustrator
09-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Just an idea, everybody update your pre-ranked list if you can't make it. Drafting injured or suspended or dead people makes you look...Well, dumb. ;)

Absolutely true.

Especially Bob, I need you to pre-rank because otherwise you will automatically be drafting other people's keepers. I need you to set the keepers to the side of the players you do not wish to draft.

Bob_at_york
09-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Absolutely true.

Especially Bob, I need you to pre-rank because otherwise you will automatically be drafting other people's keepers. I need you to set the keepers to the side of the players you do not wish to draft.

Good point. I will do it tonight.

Bob, I am disappointed. I was hoping you can be able to draft this year since you always seem to miss the draft .

If it makes you feel better, I have made both my football drafts.

Bob_at_york
09-25-2009, 12:12 PM
12 team league right? Or do we only have 11? Did you set a cut-off for when you can post your keepers?

Sports Illustrator
09-25-2009, 12:26 PM
12 team league right? Or do we only have 11? Did you set a cut-off for when you can post your keepers?

12 teams yes. I don't know where the hell Joshtd1 has been. I am also waiting on Boselecta to register.

I may have to move this to Sunday if no one registers, unless everyone is OK with 10 teams.

LD V2.0
09-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Absolutely true.

I'm not sure if you can do it in this league because there's no carry over BUT if you can this might help prevent some confusion on draft day by preventing someone from messing up in the first two rounds by drafting the wrong guys:

League Yahoo Page> Commish Tools> Draft Management Heading> Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players>

Then "dot" the "Custom Order and Keeper League Players" choice and a new menu will appear. From here you can edit keepers from any round in the draft. I did this last year for a league I run and it prevented anyone from messing up the first couple rounds. Hope this helps. :)

Bob_at_york
09-25-2009, 01:38 PM
I am also waiting on Boselecta to register.
that is who isn't listed in the first post of this thread. The draft order is done randomly before the draft right?

oh and sunday would work much better for me but I don't want it changing on my account.

LD V2.0
09-25-2009, 01:41 PM
12 teams yes. I don't know where the hell Joshtd1 has been. I am also waiting on Boselecta to register.

I may have to move this to Sunday if no one registers, unless everyone is OK with 10 teams.

Ten teams doesn't bother me.

Sports Illustrator
09-25-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure if you can do it in this league because there's no carry over BUT if you can this might help prevent some confusion on draft day by preventing someone from messing up in the first two rounds by drafting the wrong guys:

League Yahoo Page> Commish Tools> Draft Management Heading> Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players>

Then "dot" the "Custom Order and Keeper League Players" choice and a new menu will appear. From here you can edit keepers from any round in the draft. I did this last year for a league I run and it prevented anyone from messing up the first couple rounds. Hope this helps. :)

The problem with that is that I am going to have to make the draft order myself, rather than have it to be a random order. I wouldn't mind doing that if everyone else agrees.

that is who isn't listed in the first post of this thread. The draft order is done randomly before the draft right?

oh and sunday would work much better for me but I don't want it changing on my account.

Now your really tempting me to move it on Sunday :).

It would actually give me more time to find two managers.

Macedonian
09-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm OK with Sunday, but hopefully we'll be done before 1pm (NFL fever)... 10am works for me!

_Supreme_
09-25-2009, 02:14 PM
If someone messes up the keepers it should be a simple matter of (the commish) switching the keepers to their rightfull owners after the draft, for whoever the owner of those keepers drafted in their place (which should be the other person's keepers).

I have no problem with sunday either, but please keep in mind that I am 6 hours ahead of the US east coast in time.

Sports Illustrator
09-25-2009, 02:18 PM
If someone messes up the keepers it should be a simple matter of (the commish) switching the keepers to their rightfull owners after the draft, for whoever the owner of those keepers drafted in their place (which should be the other person's keepers).

I have no problem with sunday either, but please keep in mind that I am 6 hours ahead of the US east coast in time.

If its on Sunday, it likely won't be at night because people have to work the following monday.

It still becomes a mess though. I am actually leaning towards doing it custom with the best performers of last year picking last. What do you think?

LD V2.0
09-25-2009, 02:23 PM
The problem with that is that I am going to have to make the draft order myself, rather than have it to be a random order. I wouldn't mind doing that if everyone else agrees.

Now your really tempting me to move it on Sunday :).

It would actually give me more time to find two managers.

I hear you. That's a lot of trouble to get everyone to agree to that in one day.

Bob_at_york
09-25-2009, 03:12 PM
It still becomes a mess though. I am actually leaning towards doing it custom with the best performers of last year picking last. What do you think?
Let me know about that. I don't care which way you go (with the draft time or draft order) but it will make a difference with if I keep Roy or not.

Sports Illustrator
09-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Let me know about that. I don't care which way you go (with the draft time or draft order) but it will make a difference with if I keep Roy or not.

Well I am awaiting on what the rest of the league thinks. I don't like making decisions on my own, I want it to be comfortable for most people in the league. Obviously if no one chimes in on time I am going to have to make a decision on my own.

I want to point out that if the best performers do pick last, the new managers will be picking first. I find that to be the most fair way.

_Supreme_
09-25-2009, 04:07 PM

I wouldn't mind if those were the people who actually played their team all year, but in some cases it would be rewarding inactive people.

The way I would like it: we could all get assigned a number (which you could PM to each of us), after which you send the 12 numbers (without the names) to someone on PSD who isn't in this league and doesn't know which number belongs to which person, and that person pulls the numbers out of a hat or whatever. That would still be random and fair at the same time, Imo.

Sports Illustrator
09-25-2009, 04:10 PM
I wouldn't mind if those were the people who actually played their team all year, but in some cases it would be rewarding inactive people.

The way I would like it: we could all get assigned a number (which you could PM to each of us), after which you send the 12 numbers (without the names) to someone on PSD who isn't in this league and doesn't know which number belongs to which person, and that person pulls the numbers out of a hat or whatever. That would still be random and fair at the same time, Imo.

I like this idea very much.

Anyone else?

BTW, I am moving this to Sunday morning.

Bob_at_york
09-25-2009, 04:24 PM
I like this idea very much.

Anyone else?

BTW, I am moving this to Sunday morning.

I thought yahoo could do it randomly already, we don't need somebody else to pick numbers out of the hat.

Sports Illustrator
09-25-2009, 04:35 PM
I thought yahoo could do it randomly already, we don't need somebody else to pick numbers out of the hat.

Yahoo can do it randomly, but it won't be done randomly if I assign keepers to players. I think I rather do it this way better because I have a feeling that there will be some people who will not be attending the draft.

I moved it to Sunday morning, I hope to see you at the draft.

Bob_at_york
09-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Yahoo can do it randomly, but it won't be done randomly if I assign keepers to players.
I am confused, why do the keepers affect the randomness?

_Supreme_
09-25-2009, 04:55 PM
I am confused, why do the keepers affect the randomness?

I just checked (I host the HEAT fan leagues), and as far as I can see these are the two options the commish has (literally copy/pasted from Yahoo):

1 - Random order, snaking (standard)

Order will be automatically set 30 minutes prior to draft. Team with first pick of Round 1 will be last pick of Round 2.

and

2 - Custom Order and Keeper League Players

Set the draft order, choose snaking or non-snaking, assign keeper player selections to any team in any round.

There is no combination of keeper players + random draft order available, unfortunately, but only keeper players + custom draft order.

Bob_at_york
09-25-2009, 07:06 PM
I just checked (I host the HEAT fan leagues), and as far as I can see these are the two options the commish has (literally copy/pasted from Yahoo):

1 - Random order, snaking (standard)

Order will be automatically set 30 minutes prior to draft. Team with first pick of Round 1 will be last pick of Round 2.

and

2 - Custom Order and Keeper League Players

Set the draft order, choose snaking or non-snaking, assign keeper player selections to any team in any round.

There is no combination of keeper players + random draft order available, unfortunately, but only keeper players + custom draft order.

What do you mean there are no settings for keepers in the random order? There are very few keepers, all we have to do is exclude all the keepers from our lists and if you have a keeper than you pre-rank the keeper above all other players. That is how I (we?) have done it in the past and I don't know why we can't do it again.

_Supreme_
09-25-2009, 07:14 PM
What do you mean there are no settings for keepers in the random order? There are very few keepers, all we have to do is exclude all the keepers from our lists and if you have a keeper than you pre-rank the keeper above all other players. That is how I (we?) have done it in the past and I don't know why we can't do it again.

Yes I agree with all that, but what we are a bit afraid of is that there will be at least one person who doesn't pre-rank and doesn't attend the draft, and that things get messed up.

I'm fine with everything as long as I get my keepers :smoking:

Macedonian
09-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Guys, did you read this LD's post?

LD V2.0
09-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Well I am awaiting on what the rest of the league thinks. I don't like making decisions on my own, I want it to be comfortable for most people in the league. Obviously if no one chimes in on time I am going to have to make a decision on my own.

I want to point out that if the best performers do pick last, the new managers will be picking first. I find that to be the most fair way.

Inverted standings is a typical keeper draft format. The snaking(draft order flips each round) makes it "fair" for all members.

Also so everyone is clear this is the problem:

When you run a yahoo league there is two options for the draft.
1> Random order
2> Custom Order and Keeper.

If there was a 3rd options called "Random order and keeper" there would not be an issue but there is no such option. Too bad because we would have to select the custom option. The problem here is the order isn't random and so then someone needs to decide the order. After that then someone needs to update the order for each round because changes made to the round one order doesn't carry through the other rounds like a logical process would dictate. So basically set your pre-rank lists and save SI a whole lot of trouble.

I think the best thing to do if someone fails to update their list is this:
Whoever rightfully owns the players can draft whoever they want for the person who stole their guy and then the commish does a player switch after the draft. This should entice people to update their lists because they might end up with a Marcus Banks type guy in the first round as a penalty for not listening to league rules. :)

IndiansFan337
09-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Someone always screws it up.

You can choose a keeper format on ESPN (so I assume Yahoo has it too), which saves the rosters from year to year. But we have chosen not taken advantage of that great feature. :pity:

IndiansFan337
09-26-2009, 01:20 AM
If you set the draft order to custom will it even let you only enter 2 incomplete rounds of picks (since everyone won't have 2 keepers)???

LD V2.0
09-26-2009, 01:30 AM
Yes it will. I've done if now yearly for the Raptors league I run. You match the player to the manager. If a manager doesn't have a keeper then his pick is treated as a regular pick. Its very simple but tedious to set the draft up.

Let me guess...Whoever changed the draft time isn't out west. That time blows. 7:15AM mountain time on a Sunday morning? Anyone out on the coast would have to be up at 6:15AM. What was wrong with keeping the time as is if you're changing the day?? I mean NFL games wouldn't start for an hour after the draft would start and by that time the draft would be wrapping up. That time stinks I won't be there if that's when its going down.

Sports Illustrator
09-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Yes it will. I've done if now yearly for the Raptors league I run. You match the player to the manager. If a manager doesn't have a keeper then his pick is treated as a regular pick. Its very simple but tedious to set the draft up.

Let me guess...Whoever changed the draft time isn't out west. That time blows. 7:15AM mountain time on a Sunday morning? Anyone out on the coast would have to be up at 6:15AM. What was wrong with keeping the time as is if you're changing the day?? I mean NFL games wouldn't start for an hour after the draft would start and by that time the draft would be wrapping up. That time stinks I won't be there if that's when its going down.

OK, give me a time then. I can push it like an hour later or two. I don't have a problem. Let me know which one is best.

BTW, I am going to start working on the random order now that we have 12 managers finally.

nYk_wAy
09-26-2009, 10:27 AM
The time is good right now, I prefer an hour or so earlier if anything, but later would be bad because of religious reasons.

Also, I'm with IF, we should create the old PSD league so we can look back at the years. It's a great feature and we should keep it going. We still have a day for everyone to join. People are supposed to be active in this league, if they are, they should be accessible and be able to join within the 24 hours.

AirJordanXVIII
09-26-2009, 10:32 AM
I cant do Sunday mornings. I really dont want it during the afternoon either cause the Eagles game is on. My preference would be Sunday night, or Saturday night. Maybe Monday morning, but some of you guys lie in the West so it wouldnt work out.

nYk_wAy
09-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Also, sorry for being late, but who was saying we should have it randomized order? Not fair to the likes of people like JoshTD1, who is going in with Lewis and Jamison...he could change it to none, but still. Imagine Supreme getting the first pick in the 3rd round, so he has Dwight, DWade, and takes Billups or DWill. Josh is last pick and has Lewis, Jamison, Baron or Nelson or something.

It should be based on how you finished last season. But since we have some new people, it should be randomized for the people with no keepers on top, then shuffle with people who have 1 keeper following, and lastly gauge the level of keepers of people with 2 in the end. I want a balanced fun league, not a league with people being greedy and wanting stacked teams and a clear huge difference between best and worst team.

LD V2.0
09-26-2009, 12:14 PM
OK, give me a time then. I can push it like an hour later or two. I don't have a problem. Let me know which one is best.

BTW, I am going to start working on the random order now that we have 12 managers finally.

Great, then push it back a couple hours. That way anyone out west can do the draft at a reasonable time.

The time is good right now, I prefer an hour or so earlier if anything, but later would be bad because of religious reasons.

Yeah of course you like it, you're in eastern time. What's it to you if its a couple hours later? I didn't hear you complaining about the time on Saturday, the time that it still should be for Sunday seeing how no one was asked if the time should be changed. A time should be set that is fair to everyone. That's the reason for moving it to Sunday to begin with. 6 or 7AM is not a fair time.

_Supreme_
09-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Also, sorry for being late, but who was saying we should have it randomized order? Not fair to the likes of people like JoshTD1, who is going in with Lewis and Jamison...he could change it to none, but still. Imagine Supreme getting the first pick in the 3rd round, so he has Dwight, DWade, and takes Billups or DWill. Josh is last pick and has Lewis, Jamison, Baron or Nelson or something.

It should be based on how you finished last season. But since we have some new people, it should be randomized for the people with no keepers on top, then shuffle with people who have 1 keeper following, and lastly gauge the level of keepers of people with 2 in the end. I want a balanced fun league, not a league with people being greedy and wanting stacked teams and a clear huge difference between best and worst team.

Personally I would be fine with the new managers getting the top picks, but that is where the communist approach stops for me.

When you do a keeper league there will always be people who arguably get better keeper players than others, for several different reasons. I joined last year and I had to pre-rank because I had to work when the draft was held. That pre-rank got me Wade and Dwight. Everyone else could have drafted Dwight but passed. Some people could have drafted Wade.

Some managers finished low(er) in the standings partially/in large part because they: didn't attend the draft/didn't (make a good) pre-rank/made bad drafting decisions/made bad trades/weren't as active and didn't update their rosters as regularly as others.

Since you used Josh's team as an example, let me continue on that: Josh drafted one spot ahead of me and could have drafted Wade (or even Dwight). He drafted Dirk. He later traded Dirk to you for Yao and Calderon. When you choose to trade a higher ranked player for two lower ranked ones in a keeper league you willingly accept the fact that you will have "lesser" keeper the next year. This is by no means a knock on Josh. He isn't the one asking for preferred treatment after all.

Some players were ranked higher or lower last year than they are now. For example Rashard Lewis was an early second round pick last year, and now he is ranked as a third round pick. That is all part of the game.

My point is: people have their own responsibility when it comes to drafting and the maintenance of their roster. This also includes looking ahead since we all agreed upon joining a keeper league. Doing a better job at it shouldn't be punished. Being inactive, which certainly applies in some cases, shouldn't be rewarded the next year.

Championships aren't won by first and second round picks.Championship teams are built during the later rounds of a draft and making the right moves throughout the season. Everyone can be equally competitive as long as they put time and effort into it.

LD V2.0
09-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks for changing the draft time to something more reasonable for us people out west.

IndiansFan337
09-26-2009, 03:37 PM
I live on the East coast, but I asked him about this immediately after he PM'ed me saying that was the draft time. He said ti wasn't set in stone yet. I am hoping he changes it to later so that I can sleep in too :p

Some players were ranked higher or lower last year than they are now. For example Rashard Lewis was an early second round pick last year, and now he is ranked as a third round pick. That is all part of the game.

Being inactive, which certainly applies in some cases, shouldn't be rewarded the next year.
Lewis is a terrible 3rd round pick. He's going to miss 1/8 of the season via suspension.

Inactivity is not being rewarded....We dropped all of the inactive managers for managers from League 2, didn't we?

LD V2.0
09-26-2009, 04:07 PM
I live on the East coast, but I asked him about this immediately after he PM'ed me saying that was the draft time. He said ti wasn't set in stone yet. I am hoping he changes it to later so that I can sleep in too :p

If you're on the east coast there's a 3 hour difference more than likely. Let's have the draft at 10PM mountain and see how everyone on the east coast likes staying up late. :p

Sports Illustrator
09-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks for changing the draft time to something more reasonable for us people out west.

My apologies for setting that bad time. To be honest, I just chose any early random time without thinking, but I was always open to changing it to a little bit later. I am glad you and the rest of the league like the time.

Lewis is a terrible 3rd round pick. He's going to miss 1/8 of the season via suspension.

Inactivity is not being rewarded....We dropped all of the inactive managers for managers from League 2, didn't we?

Yes we did. Two inactive managers were dropped for 2 managers from league 2.

LD V2.0
09-26-2009, 06:04 PM
So I set my pre-ranks. Not only that, and this is something that others might want to consider, I also set my "exclude list" to exclude all keepers...I went ahead and pre-ranked for round three and four too, just in case. See everyone tomorrow.

PhillyLuver
09-26-2009, 06:16 PM
SI told me to make a randomized draft order and I used random.org

Here's the draft order

Sports Illustrator
09-26-2009, 06:23 PM
SI told me to make a randomized draft order and I used random.org

Here's the draft order

PhillyLuver, thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate this.

So that means that this is the draft order:

Pick 1: nYk_way
Pick 2: Bob_at_York
Pick 3: _Supreme_
Pick 4: Sports Illustrator
Pick 5: DQL
Pick 6: #24 Lakerland
Pick 7: Devils05
Pick 8: Macedonian
Pick 9: Joshtd1
Pick 10: LD V2.0
Pick 11: Indiansfan337
Pick 12: AirJordanXVIII

_Supreme_
09-26-2009, 06:37 PM
So can we maybe have a final list of keepers just to be sure we all have the right ones?

LD V2.0
09-26-2009, 06:42 PM
My question would be this:

If you're not assigning keepers via Yahoo setting AND you want a random order then why are you getting someone to pick names when Yahoo can automatically do it? It doesn't make sense to me...What point did this serve? Yahoo can automatically do it via a programming instead of some due with a hat, a sharpie and some paper.

_Supreme_
09-26-2009, 06:45 PM
My question would be this:

If you're not assigning keepers via Yahoo setting AND you want a random order then why are you getting someone to pick names when Yahoo can automatically do it? It doesn't make sense to me...

I think the keepers will be assigned. That is the whole point of doing it this way.

Sports Illustrator
09-26-2009, 06:55 PM
You can't do random order with keepers at the same time, that is why I had to randomize the order myself. In order to include the keepers, you have to choose the custom order in Yahoo.

I thought we established this already.....

Sports Illustrator
09-26-2009, 07:57 PM
So can we maybe have a final list of keepers just to be sure we all have the right ones?

This seems to be the final list of keepers.

Sports Illustrator: Kobe Bryant & Kevin Durant.

_Supreme_: Dwyane Wade & Dwight Howard.

LD V2.0: Danny Granger & Kevin Garnett.

nYk_way: Dirk Nowitzki & Amare Stoudemire.

Devils05: Chris Bosh & Paul Pierce.

IndiansFan337: Chris Paul & Pau Gasol.

Joshtd1: None.

#24 Lakerland: Lebron James.

Bob_at_York:

Macedonian: None

AirJordanXVIII: None

DQL: None

I also have this setup ready on our yahoo league, you guys can check it out.

LD V2.0
09-26-2009, 08:09 PM
You can't do random order with keepers at the same time, that is why I had to randomize the order myself. In order to include the keepers, you have to choose the custom order in Yahoo.

I thought we established this already.....

Oh, I thought your weren't going to set up the keepers and instead have everyone set up their pre-rank lists....My bad.

Thanks for setting it all up!

#24 Lakerland
09-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Im going to keep Tim Duncan btw.

Sports Illustrator
09-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Im going to keep Tim Duncan btw.

The draft order was already set. Its like if the draft has started already. I could have put him in there for you if you told me beforehand, but now its too late.

Sports Illustrator
09-27-2009, 12:47 AM
I just want to inform everyone about a last minute change occurred. AirJordan decided not to be part of this league any longer because he couldn't make tomorrow's draft. Blondebomber41 will be his replacement and will have the 12th pick in the draft.

Blondebomber was added based on his reputation of being a solid fantasy performer for the football leagues and for knowing how to use stats.

Blondebomber's name in the league is "CowMavs".

BlondeBomber41
09-27-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm here friends. :)

#24 Lakerland
09-27-2009, 03:15 AM
The draft order was already set. Its like if the draft has started already. I could have put him in there for you if you told me beforehand, but now its too late.
lol, to be honest, i just read your PM that we're going to have a random draft. but if its against the rules or not fair then its okay i guess

Macedonian
09-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Draft Analysis

Chris Paul IndiansFan337
LeBron James #24 Lakerland
Dwyane Wade _Supreme_
Kobe Bryant Sports Illustrator
Dirk Nowitzki nYk_way
Danny Granger LD V2.0
Kevin Durant Sports Illustrator
Pau Gasol IndiansFan337
Amar'e Stoudemire nYk_way
Dwight Howard _Supreme_
Chris Bosh Devils05
Brandon Roy
Kevin Garnett LD V2.0
Deron Williams
Al Jefferson
Chauncey Billups
Tim Duncan
Steve Nash
Caron Butler
Antawn Jamison
Andre Iguodala
Jose Calderon
Joe Johnson
Devin Harris
Jason Kidd
Paul Pierce Devils05
All good players are gone!:mad:

Devils05
09-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Damn wish we could just stick with a draft time. Can't make it now. Also dropping Pierce as a keeper

Sports Illustrator
09-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Damn wish we could just stick with a draft time. Can't make it now. Also dropping Pierce as a keeper

I wish that too. It would have made things 100 times easier for me.

As I already told LL, It is too late to drop or add keepers.

Devils05
09-27-2009, 10:03 AM
I would have been fine with that if I was able to draft but since I'll prob get screwed by Yahoo I might as well get a better number 2 guy. Can't be that hard to switch.

Sports Illustrator
09-27-2009, 10:07 AM
As long as you pre-rank, you should be fine. Are you sure you can't make it, it starts in less than an hour.

I can't do it. The random order was already assigned. Its like if the draft has already started. Everyone had almost a month to tell me who they want their keepers to be.

Corey
09-27-2009, 10:09 AM
I missed my opportunity here twice.

>.<

Bob_at_york
09-27-2009, 10:21 AM
When did IF get his keepers in there? I kept waiting for him to post them and never saw him do so. I thought I had a chance at a top pick, instead I got screwed on the draft order.

Sports Illustrator
09-27-2009, 10:32 AM
When did IF get his keepers in there? I kept waiting for him to post them and never saw him do so. I thought I had a chance at a top pick, instead I got screwed on the draft order.

How did you get screwed by the draft order? You got the 2nd pick there.

Indiansfan is able to make the Sunday draft. He posted the keepers himself.

Bob_at_york
09-27-2009, 10:41 AM
How did you get screwed by the draft order? You got the 2nd pick there.

Draft snakes right? The top player listed is Roy (who was my keeper) and in the second round I would have the lowest pick of all the teams without keepers. So if I change my mind about Roy then you could say I have an advantage but I am not sure if there is one.

_Supreme_
09-27-2009, 10:45 AM
I missed my opportunity here twice.

>.<

I will PM you about league 2 somewhere within next week.

Sports Illustrator
09-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Draft snakes right? The top player listed is Roy (who was my keeper) and in the second round I would have the lowest pick of all the teams without keepers. So if I change my mind about Roy then you could say I have an advantage but I am not sure if there is one.

It would be too late to change your mind, as I already told Devils and LL.

Yes, it is a snake draft. If you had anything other than the 2nd pick, you probably would have lost your keeper.

Get to the draft!

Corey
09-27-2009, 10:50 AM
I will PM you about league 2 somewhere within next week.

Sounds good man.

Bob_at_york
09-27-2009, 10:53 AM
It would be too late to change your mind, as I already told Devils and LL.

Yes, it is a snake draft. If you had anything other than the 2nd pick, you probably would have lost your keeper.

Get to the draft!

i know I can't technically change my mind, I was speaking about when I actually draft.

Sports Illustrator
09-27-2009, 10:55 AM
i know I can't technically change my mind, I was speaking about when I actually draft.

HURRY! The draft is about to start!

BoSelecta!!!
09-27-2009, 11:10 AM
damnnit! missed league 1 registration! have to wait for league 2 now...

Macedonian
09-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Considering the first 11 players were already taken, I like my team!

PG-SG-G
Jason Terry
Jameer Nelson
Beno Udrih
Brandon Roy
Mike Dunleavy
Matt Barnes
Delonte West

SF-PF-F-C
Gerald Wallace
Tayshaun Prince
Richard Jefferson
Al Horford
Brad Miller
Andrew Bogut
Troy Murphy
Tim Duncan

DQL
09-27-2009, 01:00 PM
i like my team too

Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Devin Harris
Ramon Sessions
Daequan Cook
Kelenna Azubuike
Danilo Gallinari
Luol Deng
Mike Beasley
Anthony Randolph
David Lee
Kevin Love
Emeka Okafor
Greg Oden
Kendrick Perkins

probably a bit weak at the wings but can be made up by trades

Bob_at_york
09-27-2009, 01:27 PM
i like my team too

Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Devin Harris
Ramon Sessions
Daequan Cook
Kelenna Azubuike
Danilo Gallinari
Luol Deng
Mike Beasley
Anthony Randolph
David Lee
Kevin Love
Emeka Okafor
Greg Oden
Kendrick Perkins

probably a bit weak at the wings but can be made up by trades

not enough scoring.

LD V2.0
09-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Happy with my team. Not gonna bother posting it here seeing how anyone who would care can just go to the league page...

Bob_at_york
09-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Happy with my team. Not gonna bother posting it here seeing how anyone who would care can just go to the league page...

I also like my team, I also am not going to post it here. But if somebody really wants a big man (I saw LL wanted one) then Darko is on the block.

LD V2.0
10-02-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm looking for another big man, center eligible would be better.

Bob_at_york
10-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm looking for another big man, center eligible would be better.

Darko?

Macedonian
10-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm interested in Felton, Nene, and Granger...
Duncan, Gerald Wallace, Barnes, Prince, and Richard Jefferson are available!

LD V2.0
10-18-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm might be interested in Prince.

Should this thread be stickied?

Macedonian
03-22-2010, 11:37 AM
The Play-off:

Quarterfinals Semifinals Finals

1. Macedonian
Bye
Macedonian vs. 4/5
4. Sports illustrator
5. Devils05
1/4/5 vs. 2/3/6
3. Lakerland
6. DQL
_Supreme_ vs. 3/6
Bye
2. _Supreme_

DQL
03-22-2010, 12:58 PM
glad i made the playoffs. I was dead last after the first 7 weeks (19-43-1) before making a comeback. Gotta make the next round to kick Supreme's butt lol. I've just lost Deng though :sigh:

Macedonian
03-29-2010, 12:23 AM
The Play-off:

1. Macedonian
Bye
Macedonian vs. Devils05
4. Sports illustrator
5. Devils05

3. Lakerland
6. DQL
_Supreme_ vs. DQL
Bye
2. _Supreme_

_Supreme_
03-29-2010, 10:50 AM
I knew I made a mistake when I advised Sports Illustrator to let you two guys into league 1 this year :D

Macedonian
03-29-2010, 08:09 PM
I knew I made a mistake when I advised Sports Illustrator to let you two guys into league 1 this year :D
Hahahha... Good one!:) ^

Macedonian
04-04-2010, 11:50 PM
The Play-off:

1. Macedonian
Bye
Macedonian vs. Devils05
4. Sports illustrator
5. Devils05
Macedonian vs. DQL
3. Lakerland
6. DQL
_Supreme_ vs. DQL
Bye
2. _Supreme_

DQL
04-15-2010, 01:37 AM
win!!! :dance:

This must be the biggest fluke ever lol. I was about to give up after that horrendous start. To make such a comeback is like a miracle.

btw i'm not sure if I return next year but I think there should a limit for A/D's per week

Macedonian
04-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Congrats DQL... Great finish!:)

Bob_at_york
04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Congrats!

Sports Illustrator
04-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Congrats to the winners!

win!!! :dance:

This must be the biggest fluke ever lol. I was about to give up after that horrendous start. To make such a comeback is like a miracle.

btw i'm not sure if I return next year but I think there should a limit for A/D's per week

Yes there will definitely be a limit next year for every league that I will be running. I think yahoo has a limit of 4 per week or something like that.

DQL
04-17-2010, 01:24 PM
thanks guys. looking forward to being invited back next season

BoSelecta!!!
04-28-2010, 09:53 PM
wish i can be in league 1 too next year.