PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Predicts 2009-2010 NBA champs

JordansBulls
09-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=OffseasonPredictions09-NBAChamps)

Los Angeles Lakers (19 votes)
Our voters make the Lakers the slight favorites to win it all and have plenty of reasons for liking the champs all over again:
The Lakers won't win the title if they play as they did last season, because the bar has been raised in the East. But the Lakers are more than capable of lifting it themselves, as they hardly got anything from Andrew Bynum or Jordan Farmar while winning the title and beefed up their defense against big wings (read: LeBron) with the pickup of Ron Artest.

This pick is based on the premise that Andrew Bynum will be healthy -- or healthy enough -- all season, which allows their front line to pose more questions than any opponent has answers. That advantage, plus Kobe, can overcome the decline of Derek Fisher and the fact that Ron Artest is not and never has been any good playing in a system or as a third or fourth option.

Cleveland Cavaliers (18 votes)

The Cavs would like a do-over after falling a little short last season, and 34 percent of our panel thinks they'll get it right this time, in part because of the addition of a certain former Lakers No. 34:
I went with the Cavs over the Celtics in the East with a lot of hesitation, but I kept coming back to the fact that we've all witnessed LeBron take major, major steps forward each year since he came into the NBA, and winning a championship is the logical next step. I think a series against the Lakers would be a classic seven-gamer, with the Artest-LeBron sideshow making it even better, but I'd go with the young guy (LBJ) and the old guy (Shaq) being a little too much for the middle-aged guy (Kobe) and his Spanish sidekick (Pau Gasol) in Game 7.

San Antonio Spurs (8 votes)

Do the Spurs have a fifth title run in them? According to 15 percent of our panel, yes, and here are some of the reasons why:
Assuming the Spurs' Big Three will stay healthy is just as dangerous as assuming Ron-Ron plays into the Lakers' system instead of outside it. But this team addressed its biggest hole from last season, namely a lack of athleticism. Richard Jefferson will make a big contribution right away, and youngsters George Hill and DeJuan Blair are perfect energy guys with great basketball IQs (who are also very tough competitors). Mix in Antonio McDyess, and if healthy, the Spurs can stand straight up with L.A. It's a big if, but not the biggest if this offseason.

Boston Celtics (5 votes)

The Big Three are now the Big Four, and Boston is just 15 months removed from winning its 17th title. But add it all up, and only 9 percent of our panel sees the C's raising another banner in 2010:
I pick them to win the NBA title because it really is their last stand. Much like the 1968-69 Celtics, who won the 11th title in Bill Russell's career, this team is primarily a group of proud veterans who want to achieve a special place in franchise history. They won it once and may have won it last year had not Kevin Garnett been hurt. With Rasheed Wallace in the mix, Danny Ainge went all-in to win it in 2010.

Orlando Magic (3 votes)

And here's the case for the defending East champs to win it all:
A lot of folks are focused on the Hedo Turkoglu-Vince Carter "swap." Since you can argue that one in either direction, let's call it a draw. So now you have a team that went to the Finals without its All-Star point guard, who has returned to join VC in the backcourt, with an improving superstar in the middle, a tough new power forward in Brandon Bass, an All-Star forward in Rashard Lewis, a driven coach in Stan Van Gundy, and a deep roster all around. And they'll be extremely motivated by personal and team goals to finish the job this season. What's not to like?

ko8e24
09-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Repeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Raps18-19 Champ
09-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Cavs and Lakers match up pretty well.

D_Rose1118
09-07-2009, 02:49 PM
go lakers

MackSnackWrap
09-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Cavs or Lakers, but i have a feeling that kobes gonna get it this year, but i wouldnt count Lebron out of it

ChiSox219
09-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Wow, no love for the Magic. Flying under the rader s probably an advantage i guess

Nexus
09-07-2009, 03:01 PM
I still say the Celtics are underrated. This is a team that took the Magic to 7 WITHOUT Garnett. A team that spanked the Lakers a couple of years ago to take the title. Sorry, no it's not. It's that team plus Rasheed and Daniels. Their main problem last year was bench scoring. That's fixed.

Lakersho
09-07-2009, 03:04 PM
no injuries, no problem... i would love to play the cavs , for the championship,i dont care if he shakes hands after beat em....

ChiSox219
09-07-2009, 03:13 PM
I still say the Celtics are underrated. This is a team that took the Magic to 7 WITHOUT Garnett. A team that spanked the Lakers a couple of years ago to take the title. Sorry, no it's not. It's that team plus Rasheed and Daniels. Their main problem last year was bench scoring. That's fixed.

Allen, Garnett, Pierce, and Rasheed all have a ton of miles on them, I will be surprised if that team is health come May.

TheMicrowave
09-07-2009, 03:21 PM

Of course you are going to say the Celtics are underrated. You are a Celtics fan.

Magic went to 7 games with the Celtics WITHOUT GARNETT. BIG DEAL.

Celtics went to 7 games with the Hawks and Cavs two years ago. Big deal.
Lakers went to 7 games against the Rockets without Yao and TMac. Big deal.

Celtics are old. That is why they are fourth according to ESPN. They are right where they should be 2-5. Lakers have 1 because they are the champs and still the best team.

TannerOwnsDevin
09-07-2009, 03:21 PM
right now boston and lakers are my fave pick. but ill give it to boston in 6 games. they have the deepest team. you look at rondo who emerged with his all star play last season in the playoffs, no one in los angeles can stop the kid. kendrick perkins is still one of the most underrated low post defensive player in the league and he always outplays pau gasol or bynum.

kg is healthier and is looking to rebound after a season ending injury and behind him is sheed who will give them quality minutes to give kg some rest. im expecting pierce to continue his stellar play, and well, it was recently mentioned that ray allen is at his best shape this offseason.

they resigned big baby who also had a great postseason run, a solid backcourt rotation with marquis daniels, tony allen and possibly eddie house.

TannerOwnsDevin
09-07-2009, 03:25 PM
kg>gasol
perkins>bynum
pierce>artest
rondo>fisher
marquis daniels>>>>>vujacic
big baby>leon powe
eddie house>>>farmar

for the lakers they have these players in their favor

odom>sheed
kobe>allen

again, boston in 6 for me.

Shady66
09-07-2009, 03:33 PM
celtics should have more votes

bigsams50
09-07-2009, 03:45 PM
celtics should have more votes

i agree, i think people are overlookin the daniels signing, he is gonna allow pierce and allen to get more rest this year

NYYCowboys
09-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Were the Knicks not included in the vote because it is too obvious already that they will win it all? So they just made this besides the Knicks who has the best shot?

Cavs_Fan24
09-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Even I can say that the cavs cannot win it all with the lineup they have. If they get another solid player then yes they have a much better chance. Right now with the team they have they can maybe make it out of the east, winning it all, doubt it.

ThuglifeJ
09-07-2009, 04:02 PM
seeing as every team got better. You have to bow down to the defending champs...duH?

1.Lakers
2.Magic
3.Spurs
4.Celtics
5.Cavs

bbcmillionaire
09-07-2009, 04:13 PM
i think the spurs upset if healthy

Cavs_Fan24
09-07-2009, 04:14 PM
kg>gasol
perkins>bynum
pierce>artest
rondo>fisher
big baby>leon powe
eddie house>>>farmar

odom>sheed
kobe>Allen

First of all leon powe is on the cavs.

Second, people look at these matchups waaaay too much! The team that works the best together offensively and defensively is the team that should win. Not the team with the better players.

ko8e24
09-07-2009, 04:22 PM
kg>gasol
perkins>bynum
pierce>artest
rondo>fisher
big baby>leon powe
eddie house>>>farmar

odom>sheed
kobe>allen

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TannerOwnsDevin
09-07-2009, 05:40 PM
First of all leon powe is on the cavs.

Second, people look at these matchups waaaay too much! The team that works the best together offensively and defensively is the team that should win. Not the team with the better players.

:D i was thinking POWELL, not POWE LOLOLOL.

also, boston has already PROVEN they can win a championship as a unit. they made some minor tweaks that imo has made them much more dangerous. marquis daniels, sheldan williams and sheed are solid pickups.

JordansBulls
09-07-2009, 05:45 PM
i think the spurs upset if healthy

Would like to see a KG vs Timmy finals more so myself.

bigsams50
09-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Would like to see a KG vs Timmy finals more so myself.

:clap: That is a dream matchup in my opinion, the 2 best PF of all time

ko8e24
09-07-2009, 06:01 PM
:clap: That is a dream matchup in my opinion, the 2 best PF of all time

u mean the last decade.

i remember watching those classic spurs/t'wolves regular season and playoff meetings, with KG and Duncan goin at it.

Big Ticket vs Big Fundamental

Sadly, in order to see that match-up, Timmy D would have to be traded to the Lakers

bigsams50
09-07-2009, 06:06 PM
u mean the last decade.

i remember watching those classic spurs/t'wolves regular season and playoff meetings, with KG and Duncan goin at it.

Big Ticket vs Big Fundamental

Sadly, in order to see that match-up, Timmy D would have to be traded to the Lakers

yea spurs wont beat the lakers. oh well, guess i can still look forward to a celtic lakers rematch lol

effen5
09-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the Cavs are overrated?
Yes they have Lebron...yes they made some okay signings, but I really think Shaq is old, and the rest of the team is just average.

I would definetly have Orlando ahead of them just because they are pretty stacked from top to bottom and Jameer Nelson will be healthy, and Celtics as well just because they are pretty stacked as well. Even if they are older, at least they have the chemistry, and hopefully a healthy KG. We wont know how Lebron + Shaq will go down.

Fayzon10
09-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Allen, Garnett, Pierce, and Rasheed all have a ton of miles on them, I will be surprised if that team is health come May. I second that. I was shocked that they were healthy when they won in 07-08.

Shady66
09-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Yeah hes old, but hes still the best offensive Center in the League right now (with yao out) and shoots a very high %. Last year they won 66 games with big Z as their starting center and now they got shaq, whos much better defensively against other centers than Z. Not to mention there bench last year, its still not great but its def. better than last year.

Fayzon10
09-07-2009, 06:46 PM
kg>gasol
perkins>bynum
pierce>artest
rondo>fisher
big baby>leon powe
eddie house>>>farmar

odom>sheed
kobe>allen

again, boston in 6 for me. I had to say some thing about this for one Kg is better than Gasol but not by much it's alot closer than you think especially with Kg's health in question noone knows how he will bounce back from the injury. Perkins is not better than Bynum a healthy Andrew Bynum and Perkins at the very least is a wash. Pierce is better than Artest but Artest guards him better than anyone in the league and frustrates the hell out of him. You have to give fisher the edge just because he is a crafty vet that has lost alot of his abilities but still continues to get the job done dispite going against younger quicker guys, his basketball IQ keeps him in the game. you really have to say that the Lakers are better than the Celtics at this point, The lakers beat a healthy Celtics team twice last year and the Lakers have gotten better.

blastmasta26
09-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Were the Knicks not included in the vote because it is too obvious already that they will win it all? So they just made this besides the Knicks who has the best shot?
Pretty much.

But seriously, I think the Cavs are a little overrated. I don't see them being the best team in the East.

Toenail Clipper
09-07-2009, 07:03 PM
kg>gasol
perkins>bynum
pierce>artest
rondo>fisher
big baby>leon powe
eddie house>>>farmar

odom>sheed
kobe>allen

Youre saying that Perkins is better than Bynum?!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Perkins ain't even all-star quality
And Pierce = Artest
Gasol = KG
Rondo + Eddie House = Brown + Fisher + Farmar

ChiSox219
09-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Portland Trailblazers are my dark horse pick from the West. A couple things have to fall in place, but they have a ton of talent and decent depth.

Toenail Clipper
09-07-2009, 07:06 PM
BTW, Cavs are overrated.
Magic are underrated. >_>

_KB24_
09-07-2009, 07:07 PM
If I were a Celtics fan, I'd be a little ticked. They are much better than both the Spurs and the Cavs. I hope KG has a monster year and we will hopefully meet in the Finals.

MrFastBreak
09-07-2009, 07:10 PM

:nod: About time somebody agrees with me.

They will make a finals appearance next year, (especially WITH KG) and give the Lakers a fight (unlike Orlando last year).

And what makes people think the Cavs will be champs?
What do they have that the Celtics dont?
A Shaq? Shaq is 37 and counting.
The C's have Rondo, Ray, Pierce, Sheed, Daniels, and of course KG.

That is a much better team, to me.

You people will see when the Celtics advance to the Finals.

bigsams50
09-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Youre saying that Perkins is better than Bynum?!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Perkins ain't even all-star quality
And Pierce = Artest
Gasol = KG
Rondo + Eddie House = Brown + Fisher + Farmar

he said perkins can gaurd bynum, and pierce is better than artest, kg is better than gasol, and rondo and house are better than brown fisher and farmar. rondo is improving and he proved in the playoffs he can play great ball.

bigsams50
09-07-2009, 07:16 PM
I had to say some thing about this for one Kg is better than Gasol but not by much it's alot closer than you think especially with Kg's health in question noone knows how he will bounce back from the injury. Perkins is not better than Bynum a healthy Andrew Bynum and Perkins at the very least is a wash. Pierce is better than Artest but Artest guards him better than anyone in the league and frustrates the hell out of him. You have to give fisher the edge just because he is a crafty vet that has lost alot of his abilities but still continues to get the job done dispite going against younger quicker guys, his basketball IQ keeps him in the game. you really have to say that the Lakers are better than the Celtics at this point, The lakers beat a healthy Celtics team twice last year and the Lakers have gotten better.

the celtics have gotten better as well, rondo is improving, and perkins does a good job defending other bigs and no fisher does not get the edge of rondo, fisher cant gaurd rondo, he's to slow now.

Nexus
09-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Of course you are going to say the Celtics are underrated. You are a Celtics fan.

Magic went to 7 games with the Celtics WITHOUT GARNETT. BIG DEAL.

Celtics went to 7 games with the Hawks and Cavs two years ago. Big deal.
Lakers went to 7 games against the Rockets without Yao and TMac. Big deal.

Celtics are old. That is why they are fourth according to ESPN. They are right where they should be 2-5. Lakers have 1 because they are the champs and still the best team.

Actually I don't really like Celtics at all. I was a Powe fan but he's gone now. I'm a Raps fan proud of my boy Calderon standing up to the big talker.

And I don't see how adding Garnett, Rasheed and Daniels to a team isn't a big deal. The Hawks didn't add a Garnett. The Cavs didn't add a Garnett. The Rockets on the other hand did it without TMac and Yao. I would be hyping them up too if they came back with a top 5 big man like Boston is doing.

Oh noes, does ESPN say they're the 4th oldest team? Lets explore the champs since 2001. Lakers, Spurs, Pistons, Spurs, Heat, Spurs, Celtics, Lakers. 04/05 and 06/07 (the years they won) the Spurs were the oldest in the league. Miami was the 5th oldest that year. The Lakers, Pistons and Celtics were all in the top 10 for age, probably top 5.

Now to get specific. Rondo is 23. Allen is the oldest of the big three. His minutes will be fewer with Dnaiels behind him. It's not a big deal anyway since he's a shooter out there to spread the floor. Until his defense starts really lacking (which it's not), I see very little problem with Allen aging. Garnett is the only real argument I see here. He's 33 but he does have a ton of miles. His knees could also be problematic. If his knees are fine, his intensity will get him through four rounds. Especially since Doc will be cutting his minutes during the season. Pierce is 31, lets not confuse him for a 35 year old. Perkins is 24, Daniels is 28, Big Baby is 23. Rasheed is 34, but the spread of minutes due to depth once again saves them. Oh **** me silly, Scal is 31. I take it all back.

:nod: About time somebody agrees with me.

They will make a finals appearance next year, (especially WITH KG) and give the Lakers a fight (unlike Orlando last year).

And what makes people think the Cavs will be champs?
What do they have that the Celtics dont?
A Shaq? Shaq is 37 and counting.
The C's have Rondo, Ray, Pierce, Sheed, Daniels, and of course KG.

That is a much better team, to me.

You people will see when the Celtics advance to the Finals.

Barring injury, which I don't see as more likely than San Antonio, I think this team has it all.

KobeBeatJeeesus
09-07-2009, 09:13 PM
rondo who emerged with his all star play last season in the playoffs, no one in los angeles can stop the kid. kendrick perkins is still one of the most underrated low post defensive player in the league and he always outplays pau gasol or bynum.

The Lakers swept the season series against the celtics, but maybe you weren't watching. It was the greatest Christmas I've had in the last 6 years at least.

effen5
09-07-2009, 09:34 PM
The Lakers swept the season series against the celtics, but maybe you weren't watching. It was the greatest Christmas I've had in the last 6 years at least.

lmao

Giants-49ers-Ws
09-07-2009, 09:37 PM
boston's goin all the way

LakePackYank
09-07-2009, 09:39 PM
lol i can't believe the cavs almost won in votes. magic, spurs and celtics are better then them.

effen5
09-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah hes old, but hes still the best offensive Center in the League right now (with yao out) and shoots a very high %. Last year they won 66 games with big Z as their starting center and now they got shaq, whos much better defensively against other centers than Z. Not to mention there bench last year, its still not great but its def. better than last year.

I also think Lebron needs to improve his jump shot TREMENDOUSLY to even have a shot of winning the title. If Lebron improves that to the point where its automatic.....He'll be :speechless:

NYtilIdie
09-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh how Laker fans are so cocky. Haven't we learned that the cocky ones always end up failing (Celtic fans know what im talking about).

But in the end I have Celtics winning it all with Portland being the surprise team in the West defeating the Lakers in the WCF.

Setting up
Blazers vs Celtics

Fayzon10
09-07-2009, 09:46 PM
the celtics have gotten better as well, rondo is improving, and perkins does a good job defending other bigs and no fisher does not get the edge of rondo, fisher cant guard rondo, he's to slow now. The team that won the championship last year has gotten better, that's what I'm saying of course the Celtics have gotten better every top tier team in the east has gotten better. I know fisher can't guard Rondo, he couldn't guard Deron Williams, he couldn't guard Aaron Brooks, and he couldn't guard Chauncy Billups and how did that work out for the Lakers?? My point is that Fisher gets the job done regardless of how overmatched he is, the dude has 4 rings and you are saying what he can't do??

ARMIN12NBA
09-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Oh how Laker fans are so cocky. Haven't we learned that the cocky ones always end up failing (Celtic fans know what im talking about).

The fans have no bearing on who actually wins the game (in case you didn't know, the players play the game; not the fans).

Not to mention that people were calling Laker fans cocky last year and look at the end result.

LakePackYank
09-07-2009, 09:55 PM
The fans have no bearing on who actually wins the game (in case you didn't know, the players play the game; not the fans).

Not to mention that people were calling Laker fans cocky last year and look at the end result.

this and what's with knick fans talking **** when their team has been under 500% for the last 8 years?

Toenail Clipper
09-07-2009, 10:13 PM
he said perkins can gaurd bynum, and pierce is better than artest, kg is better than gasol, and rondo and house are better than brown fisher and farmar. rondo is improving and he proved in the playoffs he can play great ball.

Perkins cannot guard Bynum.
Artest can guard Pierce.
And Brown is improving too.
He can match Rondo as long as he starts for the Lakers and plays more minutes.
And, KG is not better than Gasol.
Gasol averaged 18 and 11 while Garnett averaged 16 and 8

bigsams50
09-07-2009, 10:16 PM
The team that won the championship last year has gotten better, that's what I'm saying of course the Celtics have gotten better every top tier team in the east has gotten better. I know fisher can't guard Rondo, he couldn't guard Deron Williams, he couldn't guard Aaron Brooks, and he couldn't guard Chauncy Billups and how did that work out for the Lakers?? My point is that Fisher gets the job done regardless of how overmatched he is, the dude has 4 rings and you are saying what he can't do??

rondo has a ring, and he won it agianst fisher, thats what im saying, fisher is becomming a liability, that shot against jameer was the only thing he did all postseason. And people talk about the celtics gettin old, fisher will be a year older as well, hes gonna get slower and rondo will destroy him.

Shady66
09-07-2009, 10:17 PM
saying perkins cant gaurd bynum is laughable, bynum isnt even a factor in the lakers offense(usually) hes there for rebounds, and defense

bigsams50
09-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Perkins cannot guard Bynum.
Artest can guard Pierce.
And Brown is improving too.
He can match Rondo as long as he starts for the Lakers and plays more minutes.
And, KG is not better than Gasol.
Gasol averaged 18 and 11 while Garnett averaged 16 and 8

kg is miles ahead of gasol on the defensive end, its not even close, and those are nice stats gasol is puttin up, but he is not on kgs level

iggypop123
09-07-2009, 10:42 PM
if both teams are healthy i liket he lakers over boston. the cavs will have some questions we should have answered quiclkly as to how shaq,z, and varejo as your front line can work when the contenders can counter with odom,gasol, for pf kg,sheed, duncan, anything else . of the 8 matchups in the post kg, gasol trades the lakers have played the celtics at full strength once and they won. without health the laksers have a shot but its tough even though they beat them in the reg season at boston at the end of a long road trip

JordansBulls
09-08-2009, 10:38 AM
kg is miles ahead of gasol on the defensive end, its not even close, and those are nice stats gasol is puttin up, but he is not on kgs level

He is not on KG's level for what KG has done, however at the moment from last year and this upcoming year he is every bit as good as KG.

MackSnackWrap
09-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Lakers are going to win regardless of who they play, i wannq see cavs and lakers final, Kobe vs Lebron, the 2 best in the game, that series will be beast!

iHop
09-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I believe the Cavs will win it this year, they got Shaq for a player that was not getting alot of playing time, a SOLID guard in Antony Parker, and a good backup SF in Jarmario Moon. Don't forget they got Leon Powe.

SpeeMN
09-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Celtcs.

ESPN is all about the bandwagon and not being wrong.

Celtcs were the best last year, and the best this year. With KG that is.

koberulesall
09-08-2009, 01:51 PM
IMP Lakers will repeat against Boston or Orlando again

koberulesall
09-08-2009, 02:00 PM
lakers

ko8e24
09-08-2009, 02:52 PM
rondo has a ring, and he won it agianst fisher, thats what im saying, fisher is becomming a liability, that shot against jameer was the only thing he did all postseason. And people talk about the celtics gettin old, fisher will be a year older as well, hes gonna get slower and rondo will destroy him.

i rather have only 1 player getting old in our squad rather than 70% of the entire team getting old

ko8e24
09-08-2009, 02:54 PM

right, 2 less points and 3 less rebounds per game should do the trick :rolleyes:

bigsams50
09-08-2009, 04:06 PM
i rather have only 1 player getting old in our squad rather than 70% of the entire team getting old

well we were discussing rondo vs fisher thats y i brought up fishers age.

bigsams50
09-08-2009, 04:08 PM
right, 2 less points and 3 less rebounds per game should do the trick :rolleyes:

you cant sit here and tell me gasol is as good as garnett, yea he gets better stats but thats only because kg passes the ball to much nowadays.

JordansBulls
09-08-2009, 05:48 PM
you cant sit here and tell me gasol is as good as garnett, yea he gets better stats but thats only because kg passes the ball to much nowadays.

Once again, KG is better than Gasol overall, however last year and this upcoming season Gasol can be said to be better as he is more productive at this point.

bigsams50
09-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Once again, KG is better than Gasol overall, however last year and this upcoming season Gasol can be said to be better as he is more productive at this point.

only on the offensive end,

_KB24_
09-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Lakers will beat any team in no more than 6 games in the Finals.

Ripper Gein
09-08-2009, 08:58 PM
right now boston and lakers are my fave pick. but ill give it to boston in 6 games. they have the deepest team. you look at rondo who emerged with his all star play last season in the playoffs, no one in los angeles can stop the kid. kendrick perkins is still one of the most underrated low post defensive player in the league and he always outplays pau gasol or bynum.

kg is healthier and is looking to rebound after a season ending injury and behind him is sheed who will give them quality minutes to give kg some rest. im expecting pierce to continue his stellar play, and well, it was recently mentioned that ray allen is at his best shape this offseason.

they resigned big baby who also had a great postseason run, a solid backcourt rotation with marquis daniels, tony allen and possibly eddie house.

kg>gasol
perkins>bynum
pierce>artest
rondo>fisher
big baby>leon powe
eddie house>>>farmar

odom>sheed
kobe>allen

Why do you DENY your a c's fan with posts like these:rolleyes:?

JMKnick33
09-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I'd love to see a Lakers vs. Cavs Finals matchup!

Lakergirl24
09-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Cavs and Lakers match up pretty well.

The Lakers have pretty much three 7 footers which made it tough on Orlando. How does cleveland match of with that? I dont see shaq, Big Z and andy verajo matching up at all with pau, bynum and odom.

Lakergirl24
09-08-2009, 10:43 PM
only on the offensive end,

Sure looked to me like his defense looked much improved. He did a nice job helping out with D. Howard in the finals.

bigsams50
09-08-2009, 10:47 PM
not as good as garnetts

JordansBulls
09-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Lakers will beat any team in no more than 6 games in the Finals.

If they make it.

Lakersfan2483
09-09-2009, 12:17 AM
The lake show will repeat this year.

_KB24_
09-09-2009, 09:13 PM
If they make it.

When they make it :cool:

JordansBulls
09-09-2009, 10:00 PM
When they make it :cool:

Or If they make it. they were nearly upset last year and this with most teams missing stars players.

lorenz00
09-09-2009, 10:48 PM
as i expected.. lakers repeat everyone :D

and i think its going to be lakers vs celtics..

lorenz00
09-09-2009, 10:49 PM
If they make it.

Lol

TannerOwnsDevin
09-09-2009, 10:49 PM
I had to say some thing about this for one Kg is better than Gasol but not by much it's alot closer than you think especially with Kg's health in question noone knows how he will bounce back from the injury..
kg is better than gasol. last time they had a face off in a game that mattered, garnett took gasol's manhood. the thing that makes kg much more valuable than gasol imo is because kg's defense totally changes the celtics landscape.

Perkins is not better than Bynum a healthy Andrew Bynum and Perkins at the very least is a wash. ..

its not a wash. perkins was a much more effective player than bynum in the playoffs.

perkins

11.9ppg (57% fg)
11.6 rpg
2.6bpg

bynum
6.3 ppg (45%f fg)
3.7 rpg
0.9 bpg

perkins emerged as one of the most underrated defensive big man last year. he stepped on the plate when garnett went down. bynum regressed drastically after signing his huge contract.

Pierce is better than Artest but Artest guards him better than anyone in the league and frustrates the hell out of him..
show me a proof that this is even true.

You have to give fisher the edge just because he is a crafty vet that has lost alot of his abilities but still continues to get the job done dispite going against younger quicker guys, his basketball IQ keeps him in the game. you really have to say that the Lakers are better than the Celtics at this point.

no im not going to give fisher an edge over rajon rondo who almost averaged a triple double in the postseason (16.9 ppg 9.8apg 9.7rpg and 2.5 spg)

rajon had one of the best postseason run by a celtic. fisher had one of the worst performance by a laker point guard in the finals

people have to remember that before fisher hit his big shot in game 4 in the nba finals, he was shooting an aweful %25 beyond the arc. i remember a lot of laker fans frustrations on phil jackson because he keeps starting fisher over shannon brown. so i dont want anyone telling me right now that fisher should have an edge over rondo.

The lakers beat a healthy Celtics team twice last year and the Lakers have gotten better.

i dont put too much weight on regular season success. and the lakers have not gotten better yet. artest and his aweful shot selection remains a huge question mark for me (40% career fg%) id like to see how he gels with the rest of the team before making a full assessment.

imo, ariza was the perfect fit for the lakers. he was a great help defender, a terrific transition finisher, he knew his role pretty well and never needed the ball in his hands to be effective.

JordansBulls
09-28-2009, 03:15 PM
kg is better than gasol. last time they had a face off in a game that mattered, garnett took gasol's manhood. the thing that makes kg much more valuable than gasol imo is because kg's defense totally changes the celtics landscape.

Gasol shot over 10% FG better than KG in that series. And while Gasol wasn't great, he did have the highest EFF in that series on his team.

Gibby23
09-28-2009, 04:35 PM
not as good as garnetts

KG can't even run yet. He is hurt and he is not the same KG he was 2 years ago.

JNA17
09-28-2009, 06:24 PM
wow cavs had 1 less vote? seriously espn, boston and magic are much more of a threat then the cavs right now