View Full Version : EuroBasket 2009 Official Tourney Thread

JWalk126
09-07-2009, 11:16 AM
it has begun

as far as I know the only American affiliate is ESPN 360
if I find any links for games, I will try to make GT's

T-Wolf
09-07-2009, 06:18 PM
I didn't look, but I think that games could be watched on Justin.tv... PS great game by Serbia against world champs!!!:clap::rock:

jimbobjarree
09-08-2009, 01:13 PM
GB are gunna be raped 3 times over without Deng and Gordon :sigh:

got Spain tonight....could get rough

Pops is raping though

jimbobjarree
09-08-2009, 01:15 PM
you can watch games on bbc.co.uk I think, maybe just for english viewers though

PennyMy#1
09-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm so ****ing proud of my team (Germany). Bring Jagla to Dallas, Baby !

JWalk126
09-09-2009, 01:40 PM
maybe I'm just bummed Israel will not win a single game in a EuroBasket for the 1st time ever.... but I have no desire to follow the Eurobasket

asandhu23
09-11-2009, 12:42 AM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/09/09/e....ap/index.html

well done, lad. well done.

* This is a thread for FIBA fans. Do not move to Warriors Thread because there is already another thread there*

T-Wolf
09-11-2009, 03:54 AM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/09/09/e....ap/index.html

well done, lad. well done.

* This is a thread for FIBA fans. Do not move to Warriors Thread because there is already another thread there*

link doesn't work...

JWalk126
09-11-2009, 11:17 AM
that's because the link is incomplete

asandhu23
09-12-2009, 02:31 AM
here is another link http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/turiaf-parker-lead-france-to-win/article1280788/

asandhu23
09-12-2009, 02:33 AM
here is the original link... the mods messed it up when they moved it here http://www.nba.com/2009/news/09/09/eurobasket.ap/index.html

T-Wolf
09-12-2009, 04:38 AM
here is the original link... the mods messed it up when they moved it here http://www.nba.com/2009/news/09/09/eurobasket.ap/index.html

France is playing really good, they have all wins, no losses! The match between France and Greece should be interesting to watch...

tbo41fan
09-16-2009, 06:03 PM
France is playing really good, they have all wins, no losses! The match between France and Greece should be interesting to watch...

Freakin love your sig!

I think Serbia has a realistic chance at this championship!

T-Wolf
09-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Freakin love your sig!

I think Serbia has a realistic chance at this championship!

Well, thanks, but I must admit that your sig is better.:drool::)
Anyway, we have a chance against Russia. They're without Kirilenko and Holden, but that center Mozgov is playing great right now... If we can play defense like in the game against Spain and offense like in the game against Lithuania, we will win...

The_Pharouh
09-17-2009, 07:58 AM
I've enjoyed the matches i've seen a lot
Turkey is a very good team and I loved watching Illysove as usual(watched him a lot with Barcelona)
Omer Asik is a great C and I think Blazzers should bring him to the NBA next year
Germany not worth watching without Dirk
Game after game I believe that Rubio is the next Kidd
an amazing playmaker,gr8 defender and horrible shooter
he deserved all the media talking
france was the most entertaining and also spain when they play their best
the game between those teams today should be Epic
hasn't watched Greece or Serbia yet and looking forward to watch their games in QF

tbo41fan
09-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Well, thanks, but I must admit that your sig is better.:drool::)
Anyway, we have a chance against Russia. They're without Kirilenko and Holden, but that center Mozgov is playing great right now... If we can play defense like in the game against Spain and offense like in the game against Lithuania, we will win...

Well thank you...she is amazing! :drool::drool::drool:

Good Game against Russia today...This is Serbia's tournament...I think we will win!

T-Wolf
09-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Well thank you...she is amazing! :drool::drool::drool:

Good Game against Russia today...This is Serbia's tournament...I think we will win!

Yeah, it was great game. Great defense, good attack and we are waiting Slovenia or Croatia in semifinals...

And I agree with you that she is amazing!:drool::drool::drool:

tbo41fan
09-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Yeah, it was great game. Great defense, good attack and we are waiting Slovenia or Croatia in semifinals...

And I agree with you that she is amazing!:drool::drool::drool:

I would say shes the hottest famous serbian person...

I hope we get Croatia, I just think they are weaker..

T-Wolf
09-18-2009, 04:49 AM
I would say shes the hottest famous serbian person...

I hope we get Croatia, I just think they are weaker..

I would say she is one of the hottest sport players here, because we have some beatiful woman volleyball players too!:)

tbo41fan
09-19-2009, 05:21 AM
I would say she is one of the hottest sport players here, because we have some beatiful woman volleyball players too!:)

:nod::nod::nod: Thank god for serbian women! lol

cubfan23
09-19-2009, 02:46 PM
i just looked at the standings and saw Lithuania at the bottom of group F at 0-5. Were they projected to be that bad because we have always been pretty good.

T-Wolf
09-19-2009, 06:48 PM
i just looked at the standings and saw Lithuania at the bottom of group F at 0-5. Were they projected to be that bad because we have always been pretty good.

They were without 4 or 5 best players and that's the reason for their failure.
Anyway, Serbia - Spain in the finals!!! Spain simply destoryed Greece and Serbia won mainly because of great game by Teodosic (32pts 4 ast).
We have nothing to loose against Spain, but it will be difficult to beat them twice in about 10 days...

Hellcrooner
09-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I hope we dont lose our focus we have been against france and greece if we play to our level gold will be ours at last

cubfan23
09-20-2009, 03:37 AM
who are Lithuania's 4 or 5 best players and why didn't they play? Sorry for all the questions but u seem familar with them. I saw Kleiza is one of there better players and I know the other guy from the NBA is good but I didn't seem him on the roster.

T-Wolf
09-20-2009, 05:37 AM
who are Lithuania's 4 or 5 best players and why didn't they play? Sorry for all the questions but u seem familar with them. I saw Kleiza is one of there better players and I know the other guy from the NBA is good but I didn't seem him on the roster.

Those players are: Jasikevicius (he is the best one, but all are good), Macijauskas, Siskauskas, Illgauskas and Kaukenas. They didn't play because some of them were injured or tired. And Cleveland just didn't allow Illgauskas to play...

Hellcrooner
09-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Well its over and no surprise on the champion.

COngrats to serbia on reaching there and thanks for waking up defeaitng us in the first game.

You got a nice team and a YOUNG one and promising i expect a good rivalry to come out of this in the next few years.

T-Wolf
09-20-2009, 09:46 PM
First I want to congratulate to Spain and Hellcrooner. They were the best team and they prove it on field. We couldn't do nothing to Gasol brothers and rest of the team played great...
Second, thank you Hellcrooner on congrats and I hope to see you in world cup finals next year in Turkey...
Overall, I'm very very pleased with the way Serbia played. Even I didn't believe they will reach the finals! The only thing for wich I was sorry is that my good friend Nemanja Bjelica did't play that much in finals. But he left good impresion before he got injured against Russia...

The_Pharouh
09-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Congratulation for Spain
totally deserved win
A lot of teams were rebuilding in these tournament or simply without their best players
France and Turkey has made impressive perfoermance and i think they will do better in the WC 2010
many other teams had great youth and Future and Serbia is definitely in front of them

small questions for Serbians her
has Teosedic enter the draft b4?

T-Wolf
09-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Congratulation for Spain
totally deserved win
A lot of teams were rebuilding in these tournament or simply without their best players
France and Turkey has made impressive perfoermance and i think they will do better in the WC 2010
many other teams had great youth and Future and Serbia is definitely in front of them

small questions for Serbians her
has Teosedic enter the draft b4?
No, he hasn't. He was born in 1987 so he is eligible for next year draft without having to declare. He doesn't play that much in Olympiacos, but I hope after his performance in Poland he will get more minutes...