PDA

View Full Version : Emeka Okafor

iHop
09-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Chris Paul makes the game easier for everyone on his team so what do think Okafors stats are going to be like? Last year he averaged 13.2 points and 10.1 rebounds. I don't expect his rebounding numbers to rise or fall but I think his points will change dramatically.

Emeka Okafor stats 09 - 10
PPG: 17.2
RPG: 10.1
APG: 2.8
BPG: 2.3

& MIP :rolleyes:

tland22
09-06-2009, 10:23 PM
yea I think Okafor will avg 16 or 17 points.... but I think since we are a primarily jump-shooting team, that Okafor should have increased his rebounding numbers here... even if its just up to 11 rebs per game....

i really and truly expect him to play harder now that he is "contending"

Thorough-Eye
09-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Chris Paul makes the game easier for everyone on his team so what do think Okafors stats are going to be like? Last year he averaged 13.2 points and 10.1 rebounds. I don't expect his rebounding numbers to rise or fall but I think his points will change dramatically.

Sorry to deflate your balloon my friend, but Okafor stinks. I'm confident in saying he is one of the most overrated players in the league. There is not a team in the NBA he'll average 17 points for. He is NOTORIOUS for picking up meaningless stats in the last 2 or 3 minutes of the game. Take it from someone who's had season tix w/ the bobcats since they began. Many people will argue that he played on a mediocre team, I saw and say that he made the team mediocre. He has one usable attribute: rebounding. He would be a decent shot blocker if he wasn't so soft and timid. I'm not trying to hate on him, the Hornets, or you, but this man is the reason Raymond Felton's career has been trash for the last couple of years. Have you seen how many 2 foot open looks Okafor has missed? How many easy tip-ins and put backs he turns into turn overs? No? I can't blame you, because all that is usually seen is the occasional highlight of a dunk or block. You'll notice when he misses those lovely alley-oops CP3 loves to put up. You'll notice when you need toughness and sound play in the post and Tameka,.., em I mean Emeka is playing posture pedic tough in the lane. Don't get your hopes up cousin, Okafor needs to see the wizard.

Juju
09-07-2009, 01:46 AM
Sorry to deflate your balloon my friend, but Okafor stinks. I'm confident in saying he is one of the most overrated players in the league. There is not a team in the NBA he'll average 17 points for. He is NOTORIOUS for picking up meaningless stats in the last 2 or 3 minutes of the game. Take it from someone who's had season tix w/ the bobcats since they began. Many people will argue that he played on a mediocre team, I saw and say that he made the team mediocre. He has one usable attribute: rebounding. He would be a decent shot blocker if he wasn't so soft and timid. I'm not trying to hate on him, the Hornets, or you, but this man is the reason Raymond Felton's career has been trash for the last couple of years. Have you seen how many 2 foot open looks Okafor has missed? How many easy tip-ins and put backs he turns into turn overs? No? I can't blame you, because all that is usually seen is the occasional highlight of a dunk or block. You'll notice when he misses those lovely alley-oops CP3 loves to put up. You'll notice when you need toughness and sound play in the post and Tameka,.., em I mean Emeka is playing posture pedic tough in the lane. Don't get your hopes up cousin, Okafor needs to see the wizard.

Joy kill man. We'll see how he does during the season. Maybe playing with Paul will elevate his game, maybe it wouldn't.

I expect him to average around 15 Points a game adding 10 rebounds and 2 blocks.

iHop
09-07-2009, 01:51 AM

I think that wizard might just be Chris Paul, Tyson Chandler had no offensive game whatsoever, so i still see this as an upgrade. Yes we lose some defense but its a definite upgrade on offense that we desperately need.

Thorough-Eye
09-07-2009, 03:21 PM
We'll see, mark the date. Don't forget I told you the man has the offensive game of high school JV player...

MackSnackWrap
09-08-2009, 01:31 PM

Your stats are no way near what he will get, your excpectations are way way to high im sorry to say. Id say he will average around 12-14 points, 8-10 rebounds at the most, assists will be 1 assist at the most and Blocks around 1.7 (same as last year), im still a believer that Chandler should have been kept. Anyways your stats are way to high.

iHop
09-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Your stats are no way near what he will get, your excpectations are way way to high im sorry to say. Id say he will average around 12-14 points, 8-10 rebounds at the most, assists will be 1 assist at the most and Blocks around 1.7 (same as last year), im still a believer that Chandler should have been kept. Anyways your stats are way to high.

I guess we will just have to wait till the season starts to judge this trade, but i honestly believe that Okafor will have a breakout season.

BIGBREED
09-08-2009, 11:34 PM
yea I think Okafor will avg 16 or 17 points.... but I think since we are a primarily jump-shooting team, that Okafor should have increased his rebounding numbers here... even if its just up to 11 rebs per game....

i really and truly expect him to play harder now that he is "contending"

Agreed!

14 pts and 14 rebs per

BIGBREED
09-08-2009, 11:45 PM

Okafor is better than Chandler in the post....PERIOD! Chandler is just a defensive player that can catch alley-oops on the offensive end. He's limited, he sucked in Chi-town but he blossom in New Orleans under CP3 (maxed out on his abilities). He can't take CP3 with him to Charlotte. So I ask you, keep him for what, to be on the injury list?

LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!

ballpd05
09-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I understand the thought process in all of these. I am a Hornets fan and I was questioning this trade. It is a 50/50 deal. When I see Okafor play he sometimes looks lost and uninterested.

He did do a good job of rebounding, and making little hook shots. I don't like it cuz he goes up soft in the paint unlike Chandler who will break some wrists if he gets off the ground first. And those 2 foot jump shots he misses he would make 3x as many times as Tyson would. I don't think Okafor is as intense as Tyson, but lately he has been healthier. So the trade isn't a sure thing.

I think he could benefit from a bunch of easy looks from CP3 offensively, but I don't think it will be up round 17. And he is severely overpaid. Charlotte should give a raise to the guy who got ride of that contract.

MackSnackWrap
09-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Okafor does not look commited when he is on the floor at all IMO, his body language is negative

iHop
09-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Okafor does not look commited when he is on the floor at all IMO, his body language is negative

That might be true for the last few years of his career, but now he has some inspiration to play games with more intensity.

MackSnackWrap
09-14-2009, 09:01 PM
That might be true for the last few years of his career, but now he has some inspiration to play games with more intensity.

Well lets hope so, but IMO i dont think hell play that good and will be interested as he has been in the past

iHop
09-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Well lets hope so, but IMO i dont think hell play that good and will be interested as he has been in the past

If he does we could be a very dangerous play off team.

Vinny642
09-14-2009, 10:58 PM
15 Pnts 10 Rebs 1.4 APG 2 BPG

Sports Illustrator
09-15-2009, 06:59 PM
His scoring numbers will definitely be higher this season. I think his overall performance will be better though in general as long as he can remain healthy.

iHop
09-26-2009, 10:54 PM
His scoring numbers will definitely be higher this season. I think his overall performance will be better though in general as long as he can remain healthy.

Agreed.

yungballah15
09-26-2009, 11:06 PM
his stats should be pretty good this season, because he has chris paul, and i think he will be play like he did in his rookie season.