PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Guards?

iHop
09-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Marcus Thornton seems to be the best option at the 2 for this team but do you really think he will last the whole season, and throughout the playoffs. Another option is starting Mo Pete at the 2, but for the last 3 years his performance has been sub par, so he appears to be out of the picture. I would like to see James Poesy start but Byron Scott looks determined to keep Poesy as the 6th man. The last option is starting Julian Wright at the 2, but I see him more as a 2 man.

All in all this team NEEDS some to step up at the 2, but the question is who? :confused:

tland22
09-06-2009, 10:25 PM
marcus is gunna handle it, along with mo pete, who stinks lately and has been injured but he is atleast good for 10 ppg when heqlthy....at the least. Then Juju needs to play the 3 and we need peja off the bench. thats the line-up im liking

tland22
09-06-2009, 10:26 PM
peja and posey and mo pete/ or thornton off bench.... add diogu and collison on our bench with them and our bench looks DAMN good!

Juju
09-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Hey guys, I'm still alive! Waiting for Hornets season is killing.. sadly I won't have CST this season :cry:

Marcus Thornton seems to be the best option at the 2 for this team but do you really think he will last the whole season, and throughout the playoffs. Another option is starting Mo Pete at the 2, but for the last 3 years his performance has been sub par, so he appears to be out of the picture. I would like to see James Poesy start but Byron Scott looks determined to keep Poesy as the 6th man. The last option is starting Julian Wright at the 2, but I see him more as a 2 man.

All in all this team NEEDS some to step up at the 2, but the question is who? :confused:

I believe Bryon Scott is going to start Mo Pete again at the 2 guard again. But I believe as the year goes on, Mo Pete's number will starching dwindling as Marcus Thornton starts to pan out. Mo Pete would probably play about 25 a game with the rest 20 to Marcus.

Posey, as we seen last year, is at his best when he plays around 20 mintues a game. Last year, Bryon was making him play around 30 minutes a game and as the season went on, it was tiring him out. As we saw during mid season, Posey was having a shooting slump.

Juju can't play the shooting guard position. He would go out of control at that position..

iHop
09-07-2009, 01:55 AM
Hey guys, I'm still alive! Waiting for Hornets season is killing.. sadly I won't have CST this season :cry:

Yea i feel ya, I have been dying without the NBA season, only ball I get to watch is WNBA and Team Canada :facepalm:

Juju
09-07-2009, 01:57 AM
Hey welcome to the very select group of Hornets forum chatters :)

Thank goodness the NFL season is starting so I have something to watch... I might be going to the first Hornets preseason though, so I might get a first glimpse of Marcus Thornton!

blazerman
09-07-2009, 03:35 AM
Im a little curious to see how the Hornets come out this season.

If Peja can stay healthy then I think the Hornets can do better than last yr. Losing Butler will show against certain teams more so than others. I suspect Posey steps it up from last season.

Juju
09-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Im a little curious to see how the Hornets come out this season.

If Peja can stay healthy then I think the Hornets can do better than last yr. Losing Butler will show against certain teams more so than others. I suspect Posey steps it up from last season.

I agree on the Peja thing. But Peja is starting to get up in the numbers of age. Age + Back injuries = :facepalm:

I hope Bryon Scott manages Posey's minutes better. He was killing Posey last year

iHop
09-07-2009, 12:21 PM
I think Peja going to play around 70 games this year, hopefully :pray:

slaker619
09-07-2009, 08:25 PM
What About Devin Brown

iHop
09-08-2009, 11:15 AM
What About Devin Brown

Uh, i forgot about him, but I don't see him playing a whole lot this season, maybe around 5 - 10 mins per game

MackSnackWrap
09-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Uh, i forgot about him, but I don't see him playing a whole lot this season, maybe around 5 - 10 mins per game

Ye devin Brown wont be getting alot of playing time

MackSnackWrap
09-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Marcus thorton will handle it in my opinion, but moving Mo Pete isnt a bad idea either, id actually like to see him playing the starting sg i have a feeling he wont dissapoint

ballpd05
09-09-2009, 05:06 PM
I think Mo will start, and just be a spot up shooter (last time he was the starter he shot around 40% from 3). Marcus Thornton will be kind of like a bigger Pargo and come off the bench to provide the playmaking/scoring from the two guard spot. Devin Brown will come in garbage time or if someone is injured or sparingly. The Hornets would probably need to look to upgrade this position in the coming years if Thornton isn't the answer.

The tricky part to all of this would be opening up time for Peja, Juju, and Posey. I think Posey played the best of the three last season, but it looks like Scott likes him off the bench. I also think it would help because Juju and Posey can guard perimeter 4s, so the Rashard Lewis, Dirks, Lamar Odoms of the world the Hornets at least have someone who can keep up with them.