PDA

View Full Version : Are Lebron James and Dwayne Wade ranked in the top 5 all time in terms of position?

Lakersfan2483
09-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Question: Is Lebron James already a top 5 small forward of all time? How about Dwayne Wade, is he a top 5 shooting guard of all time? Thoughts?

Notable Small Forwards: Larry Bird, Dr. J, John Havlicek, Rick Barry, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Dominique Wilkins, Alex English, Adrian Dantley, James Worthy, Paul Pierce

Notable Shooting Guards: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Jerry West, Clyde Drexler, Allen Iverson, George Gervin, Reggie Miller, Joe Dumars, Sam Jones, Pete Maravich, Mitch Ricmond, Earl Monroe, Vince Carter, Ray Allen

JaySmoke
09-06-2009, 09:01 AM
probably so

JordansBulls
09-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Question: Is Lebron James already a top 5 small forward of all time? How about Dwayne Wade, is he a top 5 shooting guard of all time? Thoughts?

Notable Small Forwards: Larry Bird, Dr. J, John Havlicek, Rick Barry, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Dominique Wilkins, Alex English, Adrian Dantley, James Worthy, Paul Pierce

Notable Shooting Guards: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Jerry West, Clyde Drexler, Allen Iverson, George Gervin, Reggie Miller, Joe Dumars, Sam Jones, Pete Maravich, Mitch Ricmond, Earl Monroe, Vince Carter, Ray Allen

On talent yes, but on accomplishments I'm not sure, but then again if you look at the hall of fame monitor, notice the amount of SG's ahead of Wade and SF's ahead of Lebron

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_career.html

5. Larry Bird* 1.0000
14. Elgin Baylor* 1.0000
20. John Havlicek* 1.0000
23. LeBron James 1.0000

What messes this up is Dr J as most of his prime were in the ABA

So I would say those 4 are above him at this point.

For SG's.

1. Michael Jordan* 1.0000
10. Kobe Bryant 1.0000
13. Jerry West* 1.0000
22. Allen Iverson 1.0000
39. Clyde Drexler* 0.9973

I'm not sure where Wade is because to qualify you need to have played 400 games.

heattiltheend94
09-06-2009, 09:26 AM
its close, but I think they are in it, even though LeBron has never won a title

MTar786
09-06-2009, 09:27 AM
iduno about now but i predict at the end of their careers lebron will be known as the best or second best sf in history. and wade will be known as the 3rd best sg of all time

Reversed86Curse
09-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Now- No

at the end of their careers, maybe, wait and see

BALLER71
09-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Lebron, yes.

Dwyane Wade, not yet.

Westbrook36
09-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Now- No

at the end of their careers, maybe, wait and see

Bingo

They both are not in the Top 5 all time yet. They have the talent to get on that level but as of right now they havent done enough to be considered a Top 5 SF/SG all time.

Toenail Clipper
09-06-2009, 10:58 AM
That's like saying 5 years back if Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady are notable of being greats. Look what happened, they got injured. So it's too early. (:

ManRam
09-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Wade isn't yet. Eventually he probably definitely will. LeBron definitely already is.

J_M_B
09-06-2009, 11:35 AM
As of right now, no neither Wade or LeBron are even close to being a top five player at their position all time. But towards the end of their careers I can see LeBron as the best player at his position. Wade, not so much he can probably be a top 10 player at the guard position. Something like number 7 or 8 if you want to get into details.

what54!?
09-06-2009, 11:42 AM
lebron yeah. Wade, not yet he hasn't played long enough and there have been so many great SG's in the history of the leauge

blastmasta26
09-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Wade isn't yet. Eventually he probably definitely will. LeBron definitely already is.
I would agree with that. Wade will definitely make it unless he gets injured or something along those lines. He is great on offense and defense, a great shotblocking SG is rare. If he can keep putting up good numbers, he will make it.

BkOriginalOne
09-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Not yet.
Wait til they at least turn 30.

If Lebron were to lose a leg right now, I don't think he should be hall of fame worthy.
Wade has a ring and a finals MVP so he's more likely.

Mile High Champ
09-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Not a chance both are top five at their position all time at this stage in their career..

Raps18-19 Champ
09-06-2009, 12:11 PM
There are more great SG than SF.

I would say Lebron is in but Wade isn't yet. I think we will when he finishes his career.

Raph12
09-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Nope, I don't believe either have accomplished enough. Say both get into a car crash and were to retire due to career-ending injuries, I wouldn't put them in my Top 5 SG/SF list, but I may say damn those guys had potential to get there.

mrblisterdundee
09-06-2009, 12:27 PM
The current NBA is more competitive, overall, than the historic NBA. The single-handed feats of LeBron James and Dwayne Wade places them into the all-time top five in their respective positions.

fairandbalanced
09-07-2009, 04:54 AM
Wade 2nd best Sg of all time behind Jordan, Lebron has got to win a damn ring.

MTar786
09-07-2009, 05:29 AM

how can u claim wade is the 2nd best sg all time.. and then say lebron needs a ring? if ur judging this based on rings then kobe would be the best two guard in history which he really is. wade is my second fav player in the league.. but dude u gotta be real. kobe is way ahead of wade. but i do believe if wade can win atleast one more ring he'l be 3rd best sg in history in my books atleast. n i think lebron will go down as best sf in history even tho i dont like him

blazerman
09-07-2009, 05:32 AM
Not yet but probably by the end of their careers or somewhere in 5 to 8 at each position or higher.

I like you
09-07-2009, 05:36 AM
Lebron, yes.

Dwyane Wade, not yet.

Dish

stawka
09-07-2009, 09:19 AM
LeBron yes, Wade no.

Why do you guys say "LeBron isn't because he hasn't won a ring"... He's 24 years old, not even in his prime, has many years to go... AND HALF THOSE GUYS DON'T HAVE A RING.

LeBron would eat all of those guys except maybe Bird

PJAF
09-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Definitely not. James will be but not Wade.

Lo Porto
09-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Some of you fans are so delusional. Wade and LeBron are good, but there have been so many more great players over the history of the game. "All time" status is based on what they do over time. LeBron and Wade have not done enough yet to even be top 10. Give it time you impatient people and stop living in the present.

Sox Appeal
09-07-2009, 10:03 AM

I'd rank LeBron over all of those SF's with the exception of Bird. He just nudges out Rick Barry, and Doctor J (if we aren't taking the ABA into account).

Reggie Miller may be the most overrated player in the history of the league. How he gets on a list with those guys (when Ray Allen isn't included as well) is beyond me. I'd take D-Wade over all of those guys after the Iceman.

"All time" status is based on what they do over time. LeBron and Wade have not done enough yet to even be top 10. Give it time you impatient people and stop living in the present.

LeBron & Wade have already done enough in their "short careers" to warrant at least being in the discussion for their positions. The fact that you don't have Wade as a top 10 SG of all-time is a complete joke.

Sox Appeal
09-07-2009, 10:05 AM

Since guys like Karl Malone or Charles Barkley never won a ring, they can't be considered all-time great players? That doesn't make any sense to me. I thought winning a championship was a team accomplishment, not an individual accomplishment. Guess I was wrong.

bostncelts34
09-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Id say Lebron cracks the top 5 in Sf's already

Wade, not yet. By the time his career is over he will.

nipo10847
09-07-2009, 11:11 AM
how can u claim wade is the 2nd best sg all time.. and then say lebron needs a ring? if ur judging this based on rings then kobe would be the best two guard in history which he really is. wade is my second fav player in the league.. but dude u gotta be real. kobe is way ahead of wade. but i do believe if wade can win atleast one more ring he'l be 3rd best sg in history in my books atleast. n i think lebron will go down as best sf in history even tho i dont like him

Kobe is no way the 2nd best sg. If u count the rings for that it seems like he is the 2nd best, but then why not Pippen the best sf ever??? He has 6 rings, more than any other sf!!! Guess what? Both of them are not. why??? cz they were the 2nd men in their respective teams when they won titles. In that matter, Kobe won only one title as the leading man on his team (2009). He would never win those 3 rings w/o shaq. If Wade was with prime shaq, he would easily have 4/5 rings by now. So, don't be high on kobe, and don't be hating wade. Know what?? Wade is already in that list and will go down 2nd best ever only behind MJ. Remember, if u count rings (for kobe), then u can't discount pippen!!!!

MrFastBreak
09-07-2009, 11:13 AM
LeBron and Wade are NOT YET ranked top 5 all time by position. :D

AllTheWay
09-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Not yet, give Lebron about 2 more great years, and Wade 2-4 as well.

njnets
09-07-2009, 01:25 PM
LOL at paul pierce being on that first list.

DreamShaker
09-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Lebron, yes.

Dwyane Wade, not yet.

I tend to agree...we all know Larry Bird is the greatest SF ever (or we should), Dr. J is above Lebron at this point...I am not sure about anyone else...maybe Hondo? Pippen? He's at least top 5....

Wade is not better than MJ obviously...he's not better than Kobe...or Jerry West...or Clyde...and I would rank AI ahead of him at this point...there might be more but I'm lazy...

ko8e24
09-07-2009, 01:41 PM
No, all time for SG, its MJ, KB, West, AI, Drexler, Reggie Miller

for SF: Bird, Baylor, Pippen, Rick Barry, Dr. J, James Worthy (a freakin triple double in a game 7 of the finals to win a title and finals mvp, ridiculous!!!!), John Havliceck

nipo10847
09-07-2009, 02:37 PM
No, all time for SG, its MJ, KB, West, AI, Drexler, Reggie Miller

for SF: Bird, Baylor, Pippen, Rick Barry, Dr. J, James Worthy (a freakin triple double in a game 7 of the finals to win a title and finals mvp, ridiculous!!!!), John Havliceck

U r freakish weired as ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ko8e24
09-07-2009, 02:40 PM
U r freakish weired as ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Kobe4Life
09-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Lebron Yes, Wade No , maybe top 20