PDA

View Full Version : Who's more likely to bolt in 2010? Wade or Lebron

fairandbalanced
09-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Wade or Lebron? Most NBA analysts believe Wade is more likely, do you agree?

Shady66
09-05-2009, 08:34 PM
well i would think wade, as he doesnt have a good team, but who knows.

Jumba
09-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Wade for sure. He wants more.

marlinsfan24
09-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Lebron...he has shown no commitment

MiamiHeat
09-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Lebron
Wade is going to stay in Miami

SA5195
09-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Think its Wade. Lebron has a really good supporting cast now.

bigsams50
09-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Wade, i c him going to chicago

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Wade or Lebron? Most NBA analysts believe Wade is more likely, do you agree?

:confused: who???

anyways, its lebron. wade has already started building a legacy with the heat as an NBA Champion, A Finals MVP, A scoring champion, 2-time skills challenge champion, Olympic Gold, and Olympic Bronze in only 6 yrs, and he's only getting better. His loyalty I believe his with the Heat, and I'm sure he's gonna surprise many in that in the next 3-5 yrs, he will lead the Heat back to the Finals (but sadly will lose to my Lakers :D)

Raph12
09-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Neither, Lebron will stay in Cleveland and Wade will stay in Miami. Amare will likely go to NYC and Bosh to Miami to play alongside Wade. If Gay gets enough money he will likely bolt also.

Draco
09-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Back to that same old place Sweet home Chicago...

MiamiHeat
09-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Back to that same old place Sweet home Chicago...

/dream

:D

TannerOwnsDevin
09-05-2009, 09:01 PM
wade is not going to leave miami, he loves it out there. he already brought a title in that city and the also have pieces to trade around wade.

i see bron leaving cleveland. he does'nt even like the city itself. and his teammates are all made of crap. bron belongs in the bigger spotlight like maybe new york or los angeles.

ManRam
09-05-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't think LeBron is going anywhere, and I'd put a large sum of money on it. I don't think Wade will either, but I'm not as convinced.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-05-2009, 09:19 PM
I think both stay.

But if I had to choose, it is Wade.

They don't have a good roster to succeed this year and Wade says he wants the Heat to be successful the upcoming season.

ManRam
09-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Think its Wade. Lebron has a really good supporting cast now.

I beg to differ. With Shaq it's better than it ever has been, but it still isn't nearly as good as the other top 6 or 7 teams. Kobe, Dwight, Duncan, Dirk, and KG all have much better supporting casts...much better.

Sportfan
09-05-2009, 09:21 PM
lebron if any

gocubs2118
09-05-2009, 09:26 PM
I will bet big bucks that Wade comes home but I'm just a homer so don't mind me.

My non homer side says no one will leave their current teams.

AllTheWay
09-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Wade. Lebron should be smart enough to understand his best chance to win would be to stay in Cleveland with the team he has. Wade doesn't really have anything around him, considering the second best player is a mental headcase who is having suicidal thoughts.

But then again, the Heat have the cap space to bring a superstar to Wade, so my real guess is that they both stay put.

Kyben36
09-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Wade, I think this NY thing is overated, Lebron is in his home town, He is on one of the best teams in the league, He gets the help he needs from his owner, He has turned it into a huge franchise, HE is going to get the max contract, Im sure taxes are lower there. I see no reason that he should bolt. In fact, didint the hole thing come up about a NY Yankees hat, which half the country are yankees fans, its almost more of a fassion statement than a fanhood.

Wade can go to his home town team, that the only thing he has to gain, which I also think is overated, but its still more of a posibility than LBJ.

nitric
09-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Wade, he has no future in Miami.

MiamiHeat
09-05-2009, 09:29 PM
:laugh2: @ the Bulls fans

AllTheWay
09-05-2009, 09:31 PM
:laugh2: @ the Bulls fans

What is so funny about it? The Heat don't look to contend next season, and Chicago is Wade's homtown, so that is a very possible destination for Dwayne. If you don't see that then you are flat out in denial......

MiamiHeat
09-05-2009, 09:33 PM
What is so funny about it? The Heat don't look to contend next season, and Chicago is Wade's homtown, so that is a very possible destination for Dwayne. If you don't see that then you are flat out in denial......
and the Bulls look to contend next season? :rolleyes:
Wade has stayed many times he wants to stay in Miami, he wants to stay in a franchise for his whole career and there is 2010 Miami has the cap space to sign a great player to give Wade help

when is all set and done, Wade will stay in Miami

AllTheWay
09-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Wade has stayed many times he wants to stay in Miami, he wants to stay in a franchise for his whole career and there is 2010 Miami has the cap space to sign a great player to give Wade help

The Bulls have a much more complete team than the Heat.....

It doesn't really matter what he has said until the time comes around. And until then, their is a very distinct possibility Wade leaves the Heat. To deny it as having absolutely zero chance is just ignorant.

lorenz00
09-05-2009, 09:40 PM
seriously i think both stays so i say neither

MiamiHeat
09-05-2009, 09:41 PM
The Bulls have a much more complete team than the Heat.....

It doesn't really matter what he has said until the time comes around. And until then, their is a very distinct possibility Wade leaves the Heat. To deny it as having absolutely zero chance is just ignorant.

so you are saying they are looking to contend this season?

no is not ignorant, is just not going to happen
Wade will stay in Miami

nitric
09-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Neither team is contending, Chicago overall has a better team than Miami. Heat without Wade is D-League material

Draco
09-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Riley and Wade have to decide on whether Wade extends before Riley attempts to bring in some players or the other way around. That's a pretty big decision for Wade since he's in his prime. If the Heat can bring in Bosh, Wade's decision is a lot easier. If Riley is only able to get 2nd or 3rd tier players like TJ Ford or Tyson Chandler, then I gotta wonder if that's more appealing to Wade than a walk-in situation like Chicago.

If Lebron stays and Bosh stays.. what other free agents are available for Miami to take a look at?

MiamiHeat
09-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Riley and Wade have to decide on whether Wade extends before Riley attempts to bring in some players or the other way around. That's a pretty big decision for Wade since he's in his prime. If the Heat can bring in Bosh, Wade's decision is a lot easier. If Riley is only able to get 2nd or 3rd tier players like TJ Ford or Tyson Chandler, then I gotta wonder if that's more appealing to Wade then a walk-in situation like Chicago.

If Lebron stays and Bosh stays.. what other free agents are available for Miami to take a look at?

Amare....

and what makes you think if Lebron stays Bosh stays? :confused:

Draco
09-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Amare....

and what makes you think if Lebron stays Bosh stays? :confused:

If they stay.. I didn't mean that one leads to the other. What if Amare heads to NY and Bosh and Lebron stay? A lot of variables to consider.

MiamiHeat
09-05-2009, 10:34 PM
If they stay.. I didn't mean that one leads to the other. What if Amare heads to NY and Bosh and Lebron stay? A lot of variables to consider.

what if...
but there's no point of arguing we will go nowhere
nobody knows what they will do but them....

Draco
09-05-2009, 10:37 PM
what if...
but there's no point of arguing we will go nowhere
nobody knows what they will do but them....

I didn't write that the Heat weren't going anywhere. :p

As far as Cleveland goes.. Lebron might take a chance on staying since team is likely to do well next year, they'll have cap space in 2011, and Lebron isn't yet in his prime. I guess it'd be easier for Lebron to be "loyal" to the Cavs.

dtmagnet
09-05-2009, 10:42 PM
I think neither but that wasn't an option, so I chose Lebron because he seems less mature to me than Wade so he might get the "grass is greener" mentality more easily.

TannerOwnsDevin
09-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Wade, he has no future in Miami.

people are underestimating pat riley.

not too long ago, kobe bryant seems like he was doomed in los angeles. he had to play with the following characters for 2 years

smush parker
luke walton
lamar odom
brian cook
chris mihm
tyrone lue
devean george

2 offseason changed everything and now he's playing with one of the most stacked teams in the league and he's sitting on cloud 9 with a championship trophy.

i think pat riley will come through for his star. jermaine o'neal is a huge expiring contract and they have players like udonis haslem and michael beasley who would gather a lot of interest for the right team.

kswissdaf
09-05-2009, 10:59 PM
This is so stupid does anyone heat know LeBron or Wade. No so there is no point in arguing

fairandbalanced
09-05-2009, 11:03 PM
This is so stupid does anyone heat know LeBron or Wade. No so there is no point in arguing

They are not arguing, they're speculating. That's called Speculative argument.

Draco
09-05-2009, 11:03 PM
i think pat riley will come through for his star. jermaine o'neal is a huge expiring contract and they have players like udonis haslem and michael beasley who would gather a lot of interest for the right team.

Maybe Riley can come through.. Maybe Riley gets Bosh. Here's what Wade thinks.

Riley said he will not make any significant changes this summer unless Wade agrees to a contract extension after he becomes eligible Sunday. Unless Wade signs long-term, Riley believes it would be too risky otherwise, with the possibility Wade could leave in 2010.

''That's not my feeling,'' Wade said, adding he would encourage Riley to make moves. ``I've been here six years, and if me signing back will lure people, that hasn't happened. Over the last couple of years, no one [big] has made their way to Miami. I don't believe that's the final decision for someone coming down. You have to get them and make them feel they want to come here.
http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/1128695.html

iggypop123
09-05-2009, 11:17 PM
if its about them teaming it up its more likely that lebron joins wade cause of the tax situation. Lebron only wants money. imami represents his best opportunity.

shep33
I think it's Lebron. Wade is a "probably not" going for me, the guy is the king of Miami, one of the nicest cities around. Only other place i could see is him going is to the Bulls, just b/c he's a Chi town guy. LBJ can land in 2 places i think, NYC or else the Clips (if they clear a bunch of space).

nitric
Wade More Likely To Leave Than LeBron

An NBA front office source believes that Dwyane Wade is more likely to change addresses than LeBron James.

Both players are expected to hit the free agent market next summer.

"Maybe Dwyane [Wade] leaves, but I don't think anybody believes LeBron leaves Cleveland," the source told CBS Sports. "They're spending $100 million trying to win a title for the guy."

The same source believes that Amar'e Stoudemire will be more coveted on the market than Chris Bosh.

"If you're starting a team tomorrow, I'm not sure how many people pick Bosh over Amar'e. Other than that, there's nobody who's his equal on the free-agent market and I think he knows that."

Raps18-19 Champ
09-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Wade has said many times he wants to stay in Miami, he wants to stay in a franchise for his whole career and there is 2010 Miami has the cap space to sign a great player to give Wade help

Lebron, Bosh and Amare have said many times they would like to stay too. Does that mean they stay?

nipo10847
09-05-2009, 11:26 PM

Ya, Home doesn't matter...he knows it is impossible to overcome MJ to b the best franchise player ever...rather he will chose to stay in miami where he is already a legend and building his legacy with a championship with the hope to add more with that. Miami has the needed cap space to add another superstar next to him. Why will he even chose chicago?? Just bxz hometown? No, sorry, he won't chose a 8th team. Miami was 5th last year. We are not hoping big this coming season. But with a superstar, another 2nd tier star, and matured beasely, chalmers, and cook he will bring championship back to miami.

TannerOwnsDevin
09-05-2009, 11:30 PM
ultimately though, y'all need to understand that there's not a lot of superstar players leaves their team via free agency, i think the biggest FA acqusition was shaq when he went to the lakers, other than that all big name/superstar FA stays with their respective teams.

nipo10847
09-05-2009, 11:31 PM

Ya, Home doesn't matter...he knows it is impossible to overcome MJ to b the best franchise player ever...rather he will choose to stay in miami where he is already a legend and building his legacy with a championship with the hope to add more with that. Miami has the needed cap space to add another superstar next to him. Why will he even choose chicago?? Just bxz hometown? No, sorry, he won't chose a 8th team. Miami was 5th last year. We are not hoping big this coming season. But with a superstar, another 2nd tier star, and matured beasely, chalmers, and cook he will bring championship back to miami

Draco
09-05-2009, 11:39 PM
ultimately though, y'all need to understand that there's not a lot of superstar players leaves their team via free agency, i think the biggest FA acqusition was shaq when he went to the lakers, other than that all big name/superstar FA stays with their respective teams.

I agree. What if one of Lebron, Amare, Bosh or Wade leaves?

Maybe it's Amare to NY (for the money and to play in NY I guess)
or Bosh to Mia (if Toronto sucks this coming season)
or Wade to Chi (if no big star is headed to Miami)
or Lebron to (pick a team and for whatever reason)

bigsams50
09-05-2009, 11:45 PM
i honestly think lebron might go to dallas

nipo10847
09-05-2009, 11:46 PM

what if Michael Jordan comes back??????...this is also considerable. stupid. so many if's!!!

Draco
09-05-2009, 11:51 PM
what if Michael Jordan comes back??????...this is also considerable. stupid. so many if's!!!

What could MJ do if he made a third comeback at 46 years old?

Which young NBA star will go down the hall of shame?

Would the Timberwolves be better off without Kahn's changes?

Mave1002
09-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Lebron is more likely to bolt but i would want wade to move to another team where he can have a better crew

nipo10847
09-05-2009, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=nipo10847;10757515]Ya, Home doesn't matter...he knows it is impossible to overcome MJ to b the best franchise player ever...rather he will choose to stay in miami where he is already a legend and building his legacy with a championship with the hope to add more with that. Miami has the needed cap space to add another superstar next to him. Why will he even choose chicago?? Just bxz hometown? No, sorry, he won't chose a 8th team. Miami was 5th last year. We are not hoping big this coming season. But with a superstar, another 2nd tier star, and matured beasely, chalmers, and cook he will bring championship back to miami.

Ethix11
09-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Lebron is more likely to leave and here is why.

For all of you that say that Lebron will stay simply because his team is contending this upcoming season and Wade is not, then what does it really matter in the summer of 2010 when its all over and done with? If you were in their positions, would you rather stay on a team with the likes of Anderson Varejao and Booby Gibson eating up significant cap space? Or would you rather move to Sobe and play with Wade, Beasley (a future all-star) who will be earning a modest 5 million per year, the 3pt shooting champion Daquan Cook who is improving and Mario Chalmers a projected lottery pick who won the NCAA championship for his team. Including Dorrell Wright, the Heat are stacked with potential at low costs with the best part of it all being that, NOT ONE PLAYER ON THE HEAT ROSTER IS SIGNED TO A CONTRACT BEYOND THIS UPCOMING SEASON making it "play-doh" for Pat Riley to build a Championship contender for the FUTURE which is what its all about. On top of that, Mickey Arison (the second richest owner in the league after Portland's) has stated that he will go well over the cap if it means securing a Championship dynasty for the next decade. Now do you really think Riley doesnt know what to do with all that money in what might be the most prolific free agent summer in NBA history? :eyebrow: Of course he does, thats why hes been making moves the past couple of seasons just for this.. By the way, Lebrons people will talk to Pats people, before he inks any kind of contract so it will be very well known to him by the time hes ready to make his decision. Shaq will probably follow him wherever he goes as well....

JordansBulls
09-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Wade has already given Miami a title and the way the Heat are building they seem to be getting younger and younger.

Ethix11
09-06-2009, 12:18 AM
...preparing for the summer of 2010 when they can begin getting older and older..
It seems to me that Lebron is going to have to work much harder to bring titles to Cleveland with their roster at its max potential when he can go to Miami for example and its like shopping at a store with lots of goodies in the summer of 2010. Any team he signs with that has significant amounts of cap space, will trickle a domino effect and lure many other players as well. Ones that he will have a say in who goes and who doesnt.

Draco
09-06-2009, 12:26 AM
For all of you that say that Lebron will stay simply because his team is contending this upcoming season and Wade is not, then what does it really matter in the summer of 2010 when its all over and done with?

Time is on Lebron's side.. he's 3 years younger than Wade. Wade is in his prime and it's urgent for him to win sooner than later. Lebron has the time to be patient and if he wants to be patient the Cav's can try to reload in the summer of 2010/11 or 2011/12 (or make trades to get as far under the cap as they want to be).. and of course they could hope to make a Gasol-like trade in the meantime.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
09-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Wade has no future in Miami, their a mess right now.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
09-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Chicago and NJ look like the obvious destinations for him and both teams have more to offer for Wade than the Heat do.

Lakergirl24
09-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Id be shocked if wade left miami. Pat riley will bring in better players to surround him with in 2010 and he has said he doesnt want to go anywhere

Ethix11
09-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Wade has no future in Miami, their a mess right now.

That seems like the present to me...and in the present, the Heat finished with the 5th seed last season. Where was NJ? Chicago? Ok and maybe those teams didnt have Wade, and NJ has Harris and Lopez..Chicago with Rose...Miami with Beasley...and more cap space to Literally start from scratch so by the time hes a FA, the playing field is definately leveled. Riley has already proved he can bring in the necessary pieces to build a contender..what more could he want? Im on Wades side about bringing in talent to compete right now, and we will, but the tradeoff is that his FUTURE in Miami is bright because they have everything they need to build a team around HIM and to his liking. If we make win now moves, then we wont have as much cap space next summer and the future here will begin to look less interesting. This was all carefully planned out and im sure he would want to stay where he can make more money while being put in the best situation to succeed long-term.

Draco
09-06-2009, 01:42 AM
That seems like the present to me...and in the present, the Heat finished with the 5th seed last season. Where was NJ? Chicago?

Only 2 games behind Miami with Wade having one of his best seasons and the Bulls having an injury plagued season.

If we make win now moves, then we wont have as much cap space next summer and the future here will begin to look less interesting. This was all carefully planned out and im sure he would want to stay where he can make more money while being put in the best situation to succeed long-term.

Riley and Wade put this offseason in a different context... Riley won't spend unless Wade extends. Wade won't extend until he see's improvements.

effen5
09-06-2009, 01:46 AM
They both leave, both have terrible teams.

Cavs without Lebron is a 15 win team
Heat without Wade is possibly the first team to go 0-82. (Exaggerating of course :P)

Cloud845
09-06-2009, 03:41 AM
Lebron

As said before her has not shown commitment to the Cavs. Also, if Cavs dont ATLEAST make the finals this season i cant imagine him staying, and i dont think the Shaq will be that difference maker...

Wade wont leave Miami beach

Sox Appeal
09-06-2009, 03:46 AM
Lebron...he has shown no commitment

Neither player has shown any commitment. They've both been making the same types of comments. "I'd love to stay in x city. I hope we could work out a long-term deal, and play here for the rest of my career. etc" Even though both players have been offered extensions, and both have turned them down. My guess is, both players bolt in 2010, but if I was forced to say who's more likely to leave, I would lean towards LeBron.

WITZ
09-06-2009, 03:48 AM
Wade, what have the heat done to improve there roster add Q-Rich .... with that roster the heat aren't gonna be were they were last year as the 5th seed and will be fighting for one of the last 2 seeds.Oh ya wade also said something about the team contending being a factor and well this team isn't looking like a real strong contender maybe they will actually trade for someone useful like was talked about earlier.

b_rad23
09-06-2009, 03:58 AM
Wade, what have the heat done to improve there roster add Q-Rich .... with that roster the heat aren't gonna be were they were last year as the 5th seed and will be fighting for one of the last 2 seeds.Oh ya wade also said something about the team contending being a factor and well this team isn't looking like a real strong contender maybe they will actually trade for someone useful like was talked about earlier.

???

Ok, wait, let me see what you're saying...

They upgrade Moon to Q-Rich.

They have Beasley, Mario and Cook going into their sophomore years.

They have another year under the former rookie coach's system...

James Jones, Dorell Wright, everyone healthy...

Yeah they got worse..........

Sox Appeal
09-06-2009, 04:06 AM
???

I'm not sure how adding Q-Rich is making them a lot better. The Heat are pretty much the same team they where to end last season.

WITZ
09-06-2009, 04:10 AM
???

Let me guess your a heat fan... the fact is the raptors,wizards, and even the pistons all improved there rosters significantly while all the heat did was add Q.Haha moon to q-rich is such an improvement thats why he was traded what like 5 times :laugh: .So basically adding nobody but having the players/coach for one year makes them better.Beasley is off to a good start to his sophomore year going to rehab .

fairandbalanced
09-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Let me guess your a heat fan... the fact is the raptors,wizards, and even the pistons all improved there rosters significantly while all the heat did was add Q.Haha moon to q-rich is such an improvement thats why he was traded what like 5 times :laugh: .So basically adding nobody but having the players/coach for one year makes them better.Beasley is off to a good start to his sophomore year going to rehab .
:shush:

effen5
09-06-2009, 04:23 AM
???

Do you actually think thats a really good team? God I feel bad for Dwade.

Hes actually in Chitown for lunch with a legend for espn radio on Wednesday in which I will be attending. (Can't wait to meet him) I am extremely interested in the 1 and a half interview with Wade and what he has to say, especially that huge upgrade with Q rofl.

Boston Faithful
09-06-2009, 04:27 AM
I don't know what everyone's saying about Wade leaving over LeBron. That's crazy talk.

The Heat have room to re-sign Wade, get another superstar AND all-star in the process. Don't forget a young prodigy in Michael Beasley (despite the problems).

The Cavs have no room to do anything next year except re-sign a 40 year old Shaq. Sure, they have a good supporting cast now, but both their centers are old and fragile and nobody else is mroe than a role player.

If the Cavs don't win a title this year, LeBron's definitely bolting to the bright lights of NYC.

WITZ
09-06-2009, 04:31 AM
If lebron can't win in cleveland there is NO WAY he is winning with the knicks who's plan to try and be able to sign 2 max free agents has blown up in their face with the salary cap dropping no to mention their only bright spots play the same position as lebron.

effen5
09-06-2009, 04:37 AM
I don't know what everyone's saying about Wade leaving over LeBron. That's crazy talk.

The Heat have room to re-sign Wade, get another superstar AND all-star in the process. Don't forget a young prodigy in Michael Beasley (despite the problems).

The Cavs have no room to do anything next year except re-sign a 40 year old Shaq. Sure, they have a good supporting cast now, but both their centers are old and fragile and nobody else is mroe than a role player.

If the Cavs don't win a title this year, LeBron's definitely bolting to the bright lights of NYC.

The Heat already offered Wade a huge contract, and if it was all about the money Wade would have signed it already but obviously hes waiting to see what Pat Riley to do. If Pat Riley does nothing by the trade deadline to help Dwade at all.....I think he bolts.

effen5
09-06-2009, 04:39 AM
If lebron can't win in cleveland there is NO WAY he is winning with the knicks who's plan to try and be able to sign 2 max free agents has blown up in their face with the salary cap dropping no to mention their only bright spots play the same position as lebron.

If Lebron REALLY wants to win, either join a team thats stacked for less money or stay in Cleveland and rebuild that team.

IF Lebron really wants the money, he will obviously goto the Knicks.

blastmasta26
09-06-2009, 12:02 PM
LeBron is more likely to leave. Wade is on a young team that has cap space to resign him and add another star player such as Bosh. LeBron's team is old and only has enough cap to resign him. And LeBron's not all about the money. He would've signed an extension with the Cavs now to maximize his money.