PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 players of the decade (2000-2009)

TannerOwnsDevin
09-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Pick your Top 10 best players for the decade (2000-2009)

By Rank

1. Shaq- Most dominant player of all time. 4 Titles, 3 Finals MVP, 1 MVP.

2. Duncan-Most fluid big man of all time. 4 NBA titles, and 5 combined MVP's. I would put him at # 1 but I think Shaq's dominance numbers in his prime overshadows Duncan's consistency.

3 Kobe- i think kobe's the best shooting guard in our era. no one can match his skillset offensively. he helped led the lakers to 4 titles this decade and also has a couple of scoring titles under his belt.

4. Lebron-Already being talked about as the greatest SF of all time. He led his team to the NBA Finals already, has an MVP and just when you thought you've seen the best of him, he puts yet another historical season run. oh he's only 24 y/o btw.

5. KG-people hate on KG since he went to Boston, but no one can deny the fact that he's the real reason of their turnaround.

6. Wade-when healthy, he can be as good if not better than kobe and/or lebron. last year proved what he can do statistically. he's already an nba champion and an nba finals mvp awardee at age 25.

7. Dirk- best international player since olajuwon. dirk's game is one for the ages. a 7 footer who can spot up for three or go inside the paint.

8. Iverson-former mvp and owner of several scoring titles. pound for pound he's one of the best scorers in the league in his prime, he's currently tied behind michale jordan in ppg avg. i think he's still good for another 27 ppg season.

9. Paul Pierce-paul doesnt get a lot of love, but imo he got the best out of lebron and kobe to help boston regain a championship status 2 years ago. i think the celtics will win the title next year and paul pierce will be the celtics best player again in the finals.

10. Steve Nash-2 x mvp or not, i think steve nash had a lot of influence for the phoenix franchise. with him they were always a 50-60 win team, without nash they appear to be a lottery team. i dont think there's a single player in this decade that made everyone around him better than nash. he helped players like amare, shawn marion, joe johnson,raja bell,leandro barbosa to their career high's when playing next to him.

whose yours?

bigsams50
09-05-2009, 08:22 PM
kobe is better than lebron

iggypop123
09-05-2009, 08:23 PM
lebron over kobe. i stopped reading after that

Shady66
09-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Kobe should be number 1, Shaq number 2, Timmy number 3.

I would put shaq ahead of Kobe but since its the 2000s only, Kobe is ahead.

jakesmail123
09-05-2009, 08:26 PM
kobe is better than lebron

no hes not

bigsams50
09-05-2009, 08:27 PM
no hes not

yes he is

Shady66
09-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Kobe is obviously better than Lebron. Even right now.

op12
09-05-2009, 08:28 PM
lebrons been to the finals twice?

TannerOwnsDevin
09-05-2009, 08:29 PM
stop comparing lebron and kobe, its a matter of preference really, anyway just please put your votes in.

TannerOwnsDevin
09-05-2009, 08:29 PM
lebrons been to the finals twice?

sorry, my bad. edited.

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 08:34 PM

By Rank

2. Duncan-Most fluid big man of all time. 4 NBA titles, and 5 combined MVP's. I would put him at # 1 but I think Shaq's dominance numbers in his prime overshadows Duncan's consistency.

3. Lebron-Already being talked about as the greatest SF of all time. He led his team to the NBA Finals twice already, has an MVP and just when you thought you've seen the best of him, he puts yet another historical season run.

4. Kobe- i think kobe's the best shooting guard in our era. no one can match his skillset offensively. he helped led the lakers to 4 titles this decade and also has a couple of scoring titles under his belt.

5. KG-people hate on KG since he went to Boston, but no one can deny the fact that he's the real reason of their turnaround.

6. Wade-when healthy, he can be as good if not better than kobe and/or lebron. last year proved what he can do statistically. he's already an nba champion and an nba finals mvp awardee at age 25.

7. Dirk- best international player since olajuwon. dirk's game is one for the ages. a 7 footer who can spot up for three or go inside the paint.

8. Iverson-former mvp and owner of several scoring titles. pound for pound he's one of the best scorers in the league in his prime, he's currently tied behind michale jordan in ppg avg. i think he's still good for another 27 ppg season.

9. Paul Pierce-paul doesnt get a lot of love, but imo he got the best out of lebron and kobe to help boston regain a championship status 2 years ago. i think the celtics will win the title next year and paul pierce will be the celtics best player again in the finals.

10. Steve Nash-2 x mvp or not, i think steve nash had a lot of influence for the phoenix franchise. with him they were always a 50-60 win team, without nash they appear to be a lottery team. i dont think there's a single player in this decade that made everyone around him better than nash. he helped players like amare, shawn marion, joe johnson,raja bell,leandro barbosa to their career high's when playing next to him.

whose yours?

crappy list and a lot of mistakes

Duncan has 3 titles in the 2000s decade. 99 title (his 1st, and thus his 1st finals mvp as well) are part of the previous decade. he does not have 5 combined mvps in the 2000s, it is 4 (2 league and 2 finals)

Lebron over Kobe is a joke, and way to not bring up Kobe's Finals MVP and League MVP as well as 3 All-Star Game MVPS.

1. Shaq-4 titles, 3 finals mvps (back-to-back-to-back), 3 all star game mvps, 1 league mvp, 1 scoring title, Most Dominant Ever (olympic gold game in 96 and first scoring title in 94, ROY came in 93)

2. Kobe-4 titles, 1 finals mvp, 3 all star game mvps, 1 league mvp, 2 scoring titles (back-to-back in 06 & 07), Olympic Gold, 81 pt game (slam dunk title came in 97)

3. Duncan-3 titles, 2 finals mvps, 1 all star game mvp, 2 league mvps (back-to-back), Olympic Bronze (1st title and 1st finals mvp came in 99, ROY came in 98)

4. Garnett-1 title, 1 all star game mvp, 1 league mvp, Olympic Gold, DPOY

5. Wade-1 title, 1 finals mvp, 1 scoring title, 2 skills challenge titles, Olympic Gold, Olympic Bronze

6. Lebron-1 league mvp, ROY, 1 scoring title, 2 all-star game mvps, Olympic Gold, Olympic Bronze

7. Nash-2 league MVPs (back-to-back), 1 skills challenge title

8. Iverson-1 league MVP, 2 all-star game MVPs, 3 scoring titles (back-to-back in 02 and 03), Olympic Bronze (ROY in 97, and first scoring title in 99)

9. Kidd-1 skills challenge title, 2 Olympic Golds (ROY in 1995)

10. (Tie) Dirk-1 league MVP, 1 3pt shootout title
Pierce-1 title, 1 finals mvp, Olympic Bronze

Raph12
09-05-2009, 08:43 PM

By Rank

3. Lebron-Already being talked about as the greatest SF of all time. He led his team to the NBA Finals twice already, has an MVP and just when you thought you've seen the best of him, he puts yet another historical season run.

4. Kobe- i think kobe's the best shooting guard in our era. no one can match his skillset offensively. he helped led the lakers to 4 titles this decade and also has a couple of scoring titles under his belt.

whose yours?

I guess since it's an opinion question you can choose who you want, so I won't bother judging your Top 10 picks. Btw just as a heads up for you, Lebron got his team to the Finals once, not twice

My Top 10 Players of 2000-2009:
1. Kobe Bryant - Dominating from 1999 to Present
2. Tim Duncan - Best PF of all time and still as lethal as ever
3. Shaquille O'Neal - Dominated early 00s, arguably the most dominating force in NBA history
4. Allen Iverson - One of the greatest scorers of all time, best player ever under 6'
5. Kevin Garnett - One of the most intense players to play the game, most all-around skilled player of the decade
6. Dirk Nowitzki - One of the first shooting big men to dominate the league
7. Lebron James - Another great all-around player, with potential to be the best ever
8. Ray Allen - From being the star on his team, to one part of the trio that won a ring, Ray Ray is still as deadly as ever
9. Jason Kidd - One of the greatest Power Guards to ever play the game, former Mr. Triple-Double
10. Steve Nash - One of the best PGs in the last decade, helped turn around a lottery team (PHX)

ElMarroAfamado
09-05-2009, 08:44 PM

By Rank

3. Lebron-Already being talked about as the greatest SF of all time. He led his team to the NBA Finals already, has an MVP and just when you thought you've seen the best of him, he puts yet another historical season run. oh he's only 24 y/o btw.

whose yours?

:rolleyes:

MiamiHeat
09-05-2009, 08:45 PM
I guess since it's an opinion question you can choose who you want, so I won't bother judging your Top 10 picks. Btw just as a heads up for you, Lebron got his team to the Finals once, not twice

3. Shaquille O'Neal - Dominated early 00s, arguably the most dominating force in NBA history
4. Allen Iverson - One of the greatest scorers of all time, best player ever under 6'
5. Kevin Garnett - One of the most intense players to play the game, most all-around skilled player of the decade
7. Lebron James - Another great all-around player, with potential to be the best ever
8. Ray Allen - From being the star on his team, to one part of the trio that won a ring, Ray Ray is still as deadly as ever
9. Jason Kidd - One of the greatest Power Guards to ever play the game, former Mr. Triple-Double
10. Steve Nash - One of the best PGs in the last decade, helped turn around a lottery team (PHX)

:facepalm:

marlinsfan24
09-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Wade and Kobe go ahead of Lebron cuz of rings

TannerOwnsDevin
09-05-2009, 08:51 PM
crappy list and a lot of mistakes

1. Shaq-4 titles, 3 finals mvps (back-to-back-to-back), 3 all star game mvps, 1 league mvp, 1 scoring title, Most Dominant Ever (olympic gold game in 96 and first scoring title in 94, ROY came in 93)

2. Kobe-4 titles, 1 finals mvp, 3 all star game mvps, 1 league mvp, 2 scoring titles (back-to-back in 06 & 07), Olympic Gold, 81 pt game (slam dunk title came in 97)

3. Duncan-3 titles, 2 finals mvps, 1 all star game mvp, 2 league mvps (back-to-back), Olympic Bronze (1st title and 1st finals mvp came in 99, ROY came in 97)

4. Garnett-1 title, 1 all star game mvp, 1 league mvp, Olympic Gold, DPOY

5. Wade-1 title, 1 finals mvp, 1 scoring title, 2 skills challenge titles, Olympic Gold, Olympic Bronze

6. Lebron-1 league mvp, ROY, 1 scoring title, 2 all-star game mvps, Olympic Gold, Olympic Bronze

7. Nash-2 league MVPs (back-to-back), 1 skills challenge title

8. Iverson-1 league MVP, 2 all-star game MVPs, 3 scoring titles (back-to-back in 02 and 03), Olympic Bronze (ROY in 96, and first scoring title in 99)

9. Kidd-1 skills challenge title, 2 Olympic Golds (ROY in 1995)

10. (Tie) Dirk-1 league MVP, 1 3pt shootout title
Pierce-1 title, 1 finals mvp, Olympic Bronze

sorry but kobe should not be ahead of duncan. no way. but thats your pick so i respect it.

TannerOwnsDevin
09-05-2009, 08:51 PM
:rolleyes:

you post in basketballboards.net lol

I like you
09-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Kobe
Duncan
Shaq
Lebron
Wade (only because he only had 2 good years. last year and the year he was finals mvp)
KG
Nash
Billups
Dirk
Iverson

TannerOwnsDevin
09-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Wade and Kobe go ahead of Lebron cuz of rings

so tony parker should be ahead of jason kidd cuz of the rings?:facepalm:

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 08:54 PM
sorry but kobe should not be ahead of duncan. no way. but thats your pick so i respect it.

thanx bro. if u were to say that duncan was ahead of kobe for the decade, i would have no problem. the point being.....shaq/kobe/duncan (wutever order) are definitely the top 3, that no one can argue against. Not even God, lol

Raph12
09-05-2009, 08:55 PM

O...K... care to elaborate?

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 08:55 PM
so tony parker should be ahead of jason kidd beause if the rings?:facepalm:

u seriously feel Lebron goes over Kobe for the decade, when Lebron actually played only 6 of the 10 yrs of this decade (2003-2004 to 2008-2009) ??

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 08:56 PM

u didnt put wade on the list, and he's def top 10. c'mon, finals mvp, nba champ, scoring champ, olympic gold/bronze, 2 skills challenge titles

TannerOwnsDevin
09-05-2009, 08:57 PM
u seriously feel Lebron goes over Kobe for the decade, when Lebron actually played only 6 of the 10 yrs of this decade (2003-2004 to 2008-2009) ??

sorry i corrected it, kobe is # 3, lebron is # 4.

MiamiHeat
09-05-2009, 08:57 PM

do I really have to elaborate lol

DaPrimeTime21
09-05-2009, 08:59 PM

By Rank

3. Lebron-Already being talked about as the greatest SF of all time. He led his team to the NBA Finals already, has an MVP and just when you thought you've seen the best of him, he puts yet another historical season run. oh he's only 24 y/o btw.

whose yours?

Did you really just call shaq the most dominant play of all time? Ever heard of a man by the name Bill Russell?

Bill Russell's Accomplishments:

NBA MVP awards: 5 VS. Shaq's 1 = Advantage Russell by 4
Allstar Appearances: 12 VS. Shaq's 15 = Advantage Shaq by 3 (but BR only play 13 seasons)
NBA Championships: 11 VS. Shaq's 4 = Advantage Russell by 7

From Wiki... "Russell is widely considered one of the best defensive players in NBA history. His shot-blocking and man-to-man defense were major reasons for the Celtics' success, and he inspired his teammates to elevate their own defensive play. Russell was equally notable for his rebounding abilities. He led the NBA in rebounds four times and tallied 21,620 total rebounds in his career. He is one of just two NBA players (the other being prominent rival Wilt Chamberlain) to have grabbed more than fifty rebounds in a game."

Sorry I stopped reading after you said Shaq was the most dominant player of all time:facepalm:

bigsams50
09-05-2009, 08:59 PM
1. Shaq
2. Duncan
3. Kobe
4. KG
5. Iverson
6. Dirk
7. Lebron
8. Wade
9. Nash
10. Kidd

TannerOwnsDevin
09-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Did you really just call shaq the most dominant play of all time? Ever heard of a man by the name Bill Russell?

Allstar Appearances: 12 VS. Shaq's 15 = Advantage Shaq by 3 (but BR only play 13 seasons)

From Wiki... "Russell is widely considered one of the best defensive players in NBA history. His shot-blocking and man-to-man defense were major reasons for the Celtics' success, and he inspired his teammates to elevate their own defensive play. Russell was equally notable for his rebounding abilities. He led the NBA in rebounds four times and tallied 21,620 total rebounds in his career. He is one of just two NBA players (the other being prominent rival Wilt Chamberlain) to have grabbed more than fifty rebounds in a game."

Sorry I stopped reading after you said Shaq was the most dominant player of all time:facepalm:

lol, sorry but bill russell is one of the most overrated player in league history. have you seen the quality of players bill russell had to play with? :facepalm:

bill russell would not be able to stop shaq if shaq played in the 60's lol. and russell would not lead any team in this era to 11 titles. please man.

Raph12
09-05-2009, 09:08 PM
u didnt put wade on the list, and he's def top 10. c'mon, finals mvp, nba champ, scoring champ, olympic gold/bronze, 2 skills challenge titles

Hmm... I see your point, I guess I overlooked him, I'd put Wade ahead of Ray, Kidd and Nash. Seeming as how he came into the league in 2003, I wouldn't put him or Lebron any higher up.

what54!?
09-05-2009, 09:08 PM
um kobe over lebron and D wade has a ring. lebron has none so I would put him over too.

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 09:16 PM
lol, sorry but bill russell is one of the most overrated player in league history. have you seen the quality of players bill russell had to play with? :facepalm:

bill russell would not be able to stop shaq if shaq played in the 60's lol. and russell would not lead any team in this era to 11 titles. please man.

nothing against bill russell, or the celtics, but these are some valid points. if he didn't have cousy, heinsohn, etc. he wuldnt have won all 11, and shaq would destroy him.

again, no knock on the great bill russell, but Shaq is the most dominant ever. and Wilt is 2nd. When u think of Russell, u don't think of him being the MDE, but rather, the greatest defensive big man of all time ahead of Tim Duncan

JordansBulls
09-05-2009, 09:17 PM
If it is for the decade it is 2001-2010.

AllTheWay
09-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Which would give Kobe the number 1 spot. Or Duncan.

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 09:38 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decade

A decade is a period of ten years. The word is derived from the late Latin decas, from Greek decas, from deca. The other words for spans of years also come from Latin: lustrum (5 years), century (100 years), millennium (1000 years). The term usually refers to a period of ten years starting at a multiple of ten. For example, "the 1950s" refers to 1950 through to 1959 (inclusive). In English, "decade" can also be used to specify any period of ten years. For example, "During his last decade, Mozart explored chromatic harmony to a degree rare at the time".

DaPrimeTime21
09-05-2009, 09:44 PM
nothing against bill russell, or the celtics, but these are some valid points. if he didn't have cousy, heinsohn, etc. he wuldnt have won all 11, and shaq would destroy him.

again, no knock on the great bill russell, but Shaq is the most dominant ever. and Wilt is 2nd. When u think of Russell, u don't think of him being the MDE, but rather, the greatest defensive big man of all time ahead of Tim Duncan

But isn't the definition of dominant the level at which you dominated over your competition? I never said Bill Russell would beat Shaq one on one right now.... but he dominated the game during his era more so than Shaq did his. And shaq never would have one a championship without Kobe or Wade...

nitric
09-05-2009, 09:51 PM

Nah he's right

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Nah he's right

ummm okay, if u wanna take 2000 away, u'll have to take away 1 championship from both kobe & shaq, shaq's first finals mvp, shaq's first all-star game mvp in 2000, shaq's only league mvp in 2000, shaq's scoring title in 2000 (the second of 2 for his career), j-kidd and kg's olympic gold in 2000, duncan's co-all star game mvp in 2000 when he won it with shaq.

thus, top 3 would be

1. Kobe Bryant (3 titles, 1 finals mvp, 1 league mvp, 3 all star game mvps, 81 pt game, 2 scoring titles, Olympic Gold)
2. Tim Duncan (3 titles, 2 finals mvps, 2 league mvps, Olympic Bronze)
3. Shaquille O'Neal (3 titles, 2 finals mvps, 2 all-star game mvps)
4.-10. Same

Toenail Clipper
09-05-2009, 10:03 PM

Stop doing that emoticon.
It's annoying as hell, thinking you're so "great"

Toenail Clipper
09-05-2009, 10:05 PM
1. Kobe (cause he actually got near MJ)
2. Duncan (underrated big man with a lot of skills)
3. Shaq (he dominated more in the 90's...)
564236872658749798536. LeBron James

MiamiHeat
09-05-2009, 10:05 PM

I love how you singled me out and saying to stop using the smiley
when there's like 3 more people using it in the thread and how does that make me "great" lol
why would I feel great using a smiley in a forum ?? :confused:

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 10:06 PM

ya man, stop overusing that facepalm expression. it's gonna become lame and overused if u guys keep doin it for every single little thing

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 10:07 PM
when there's like 3 more people using it in the thread and how does that make me "great" lol

ya bro, but in all of ur 3 posts in this thread, including this one, lol, u've used it, so ur 3/3

IRUAM #21
09-05-2009, 10:07 PM

ya man, stop overusing that facepalm expression. it's gonna become lame and overused if u guys keep doin it for every single little thing

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 10:09 PM

funny guy! :D

MiamiHeat
09-05-2009, 10:09 PM
ya bro, but in all of ur 3 posts in this thread, including this one, lol, u've used it, so ur 3/3

they derserved a facepalm

you too deserve one

Damela
09-05-2009, 10:12 PM

IRUAM #21
09-05-2009, 10:13 PM

theuuord
09-05-2009, 10:15 PM

Couple things here:
1) I'd argue that you're underrating Russell's defensive impact on games. He completely dominated on the defensive end. He wasn't a primary scoring thread but he altered opponent's offense more than any other individual player ever. That in and of itself was dominant.

2) I'd also argue that Wilt, and not Russell, is the most overrated basketball player ever. (I know the guy you quoted said that and not you, though.) I probably wouldn't put him in a top 10 list of greatest players. Certainly not over Russell, or Shaq, or Duncan, or Kobe. We tend to think of Wilt as this God of playing because he basically put up video game numbers, but that was a product of a) his era and b) his team's offensive schemes, which were literally just "give Wilt the ball and let him do whatever he wants."

He was one of the best players ever, but his legend is grossly inflated.

As far as the "players of the decade" goes, I'd probably say Shaq, then Duncan, then Kobe or KG. Those guys are really a class ahead of everyone else.

After that, it's hard to nail down a list, but here are guys who would make my "final cut" as it were (in no order): Kidd, Iverson, Dirk, Nash, T-Mac, Billups, Ray Allen, Ben Wallace, Pierce, Carter, LeBron, and Wade. Also, if I could include Tony Parker and Manu as one person, they'd probably make the list too: individually they wouldn't, but as a unit they're outstanding.

theuuord
09-05-2009, 10:17 PM

http://i31.tinypic.com/erlhr4.png

Raph12
09-05-2009, 10:19 PM

so tony parker should be ahead of jason kidd cuz of the rings?:facepalm:

they derserved a facepalm

you too deserve one

MiamiHeat
09-05-2009, 10:19 PM
:pity:

IRUAM #21
09-05-2009, 10:20 PM
:pity:

DaPrimeTime21
09-05-2009, 10:21 PM

Sorry, Bro, I've realized my post came off harsh, and I didnt really mean it to. Just been a long week, man. Nothing personal. Really I just think that "most dominant" is a tough category to determine.

TannerOwnsDevin
09-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Couple things here:
1) I'd argue that you're underrating Russell's defensive impact on games. He completely dominated on the defensive end. He wasn't a primary scoring thread but he altered opponent's offense more than any other individual player ever. That in and of itself was dominant..

no one is denying russell of his greatness, but to say he's much more dominant than shaq is a reach. russell does'nt even possess a vast array of offensive skills.

shaq was so dominant in his prime, the league had to change a rule, coaches had to employ a hack-a-shaq strategy. the guy averaged 40 points and almost 20 rebounds a game in the NBA FInals in the modern day era. thats ridiculous.

Kabowdos
09-05-2009, 10:36 PM
LeBron has done nothing but win an MVP and scoring title. He should not be on that list IMO.

theuuord
09-05-2009, 10:39 PM
no one is denying russell of his greatness, but to say he's much more dominant than shaq is a reach. russell does'nt even possess a vast array of offensive skills.

shaq was so dominant in his prime, the league had to change a rule, coaches had to employ a hack-a-shaq strategy. the guy averaged 40 points and almost 20 rebounds a game in the NBA FInals in the modern day era. thats ridiculous.

Oh I agree. Shaq is probably the most physically dominant player in NBA history. I'd still say you're underrating Russell though, he's certainly not the most overrated player ever. Hell he's not even the most overrated post player of his generation.

Kabowdos
09-05-2009, 10:39 PM
TannerOwnsDevin

You put nothing into making this thread. You didn't list anything correctly and everything is misspelled.
"Dirk his game is one for the ages"... okay yeah man Dirk is one of the best because his game is one for the ages. Say something else seriously. Pathetic effort.

theuuord
09-05-2009, 10:41 PM
LeBron has done nothing but win an MVP and scoring title. He should not be on that list IMO.

* BET Best Male Athlete: 2009
* NBA Most Valuable Player: 2009
* NBA Eastern Conference Champion with the Cavaliers: 2007 [1]
* The Sporting News Co-MVP: 2006 [2]
* 2-time NBA All-Star Game MVP: 2006,[2] 2008
* 3-time NBA First-team
* 1-time NBA All-Defensive First Team
* 5-time NBA All-Star: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 [2]
* 5-time All-NBA: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 [2]
* 1-time NBA All-Defensive: 2009 [2]
* FIBA Americas Championship: 2007 [3]
* Olympic Champion: 2008 [3]
* NBA regular season leader, points per game: 2008 (30.0).[2]
* NBA regular season leader, field goals made: 2005 (795), 2008 (794).[2]
* NBA regular season leader, free throws made: 2009 (594). [2]
* NBA regular season leader, minutes played: 2005 (3,388), 2007 (3,190).[2]
* NBA regular season leader, triple-doubles: 2009 (7).[2]
* NBA regular season leader, efficiency: 2008 (30.3), 2009 (30.9).[2]
* NBA regular season leader, traditional three-point plays: 2006 (79).[4]
* Career 30+ point games (regular season): 161 (as of 2008-09)
* Career 30+ point games (postseason): 26 (as of 2009 playoffs)
* Career 40+ point games (regular season): 32 (as of 2008-09) [5]
* Career 40+ point games (postseason): 8 (as of 2009 playoffs) [5]
* Career 50+ point games (regular season): 8 (as of 2008-09) [5]
* Career triple-doubles (regular season): 24 (as of March, 19 2009) [3]
* Career triple-doubles (postseason): 3 (as of 2008) [3]

[edit] NBA achievements and milestones

* One of three players in NBA history to average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in their rookie season.[3]
o Includes Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan.
* One of five players in NBA history to average over 25 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists in a season.[3]
o Includes Oscar Robertson (achieved this six times), John Havlicek (achieved this twice), Larry Bird, and Michael Jordan.
* One of four players in NBA history to average at least 31 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists in a season.[3]
o Includes Oscar Robertson (achieved this twice), Jerry West, and Michael Jordan.
* One of two players in NBA history to average at least 27 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists for five consecutive seasons.[3]
o Behind Oscar Robertson, who achieved this eight consecutive times.
* One of two players in NBA history to post at least 2000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists in a season for at least four times.[3]
o Behind Oscar Robertson, who achieved this six times in his career.
* One of three players in NBA history to average at least 30 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists in a postseason series. [6]
o Includes Oscar Robertson and Larry Bird.
* One of three players in NBA history to record a triple-double in their playoff debut.[3]
o Includes Johnny McCarthy and Magic Johnson.
* One of two players in NBA history to win the NBA Player of the Month Award four times in one season (2008-09 season).[7]
o Tied with Kevin Garnett, who achieved the same in the 2003-04 NBA Season.
* One of four players in NBA history to lead their team in all five major statistical categories (total points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals) in a season (2008-09 season).[8]
o Includes Dave Cowens (1977-78), Scottie Pippen (1994-95) and Kevin Garnett (2002-03).
* 2nd place all-time for consecutive 20-point games to start a playoff career with 19.[9]
o Behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's 27 consecutive games
* Most consecutive points scored for a team in a playoff game with 25 straight points.[10]

[edit] Youngest player records

James owns numerous NBA "youngest player" records:1

* Youngest player to be named NBA Most Valuable Player since Moses Malone in 1979.[3]
* Youngest player to be named NBA Rookie of the Year (19 years of age).[3]
* Youngest player to record a triple-double (20 years, 20 days).[3]
o Recorded 27 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists on January 19, 2005 vs. Portland Trail Blazers.
* Youngest player to score 30 points in a game (18 years, 334 days).[3]
o Recorded 33 points on November 29, 2003 vs. Memphis Grizzlies.
* Youngest player to score 40 points in a game (19 years, 88 days).[3]
o Recorded 41 points on March 27, 2004 vs. New Jersey Nets.
* Youngest player to score 50 points in a game (20 years, 80 days).[3]
o Recorded 56 points on March 20, 2005 vs. Toronto Raptors.
* Youngest player to score 2,000 points in a season (2004-05).[3]
* Youngest player to average 30 points per game in a season (2005-06).[3]
* Youngest player to be awarded All-NBA honors (2004-05).[3]
* Youngest player to be named to the All-NBA first team (21 years, 138 days).[3]
* Youngest player to win an All-Star Game MVP (21 years, 55 days).[3]
* Youngest player to reach:[3]

* 1,000 points
* 2,000 points
* 3,000 points
* 4,000 points
* 5,000 points
* 6,000 points
* 7,000 points
* 8,000 points
* 9,000 points
* 10,000 points
* 11,000 points
* 12,000 points

Notes: 1 Beginning in 2006 the NBA introduced age requirement restrictions. Prospective high school players must now wait a year before entering the NBA, making these records more difficult to break.

[edit] ESPY Awards

* 2004 Best Breakthrough Athlete ESPY Award
* 2007 Best NBA Player ESPY Awards
* 2009 Best NBA Player ESPY Awards

[edit] Cavaliers franchise records

LeBron James holds or shares 49 Cleveland Cavaliers franchise records:

o Season: 2,478 (2005-06) [12]
o Game: 56 (March 20, 2005 at Toronto Raptors).[13]
o Game, playoffs: 49 (May 21, 2009 Orlando Magic).[11]
o Half, playoffs: 26 (1st half, May 21, 2009 vs. Orlando Magic.[11]
o Overtime, playoffs: 9 (1st OT, May 31, 2007 at Detroit Pistons; 2nd OT, May 31, 2007 at Detroit Pistons).[11]
o Scoring average, career (min. 120 games): 27.3 [14]
o Scoring average, career, playoffs: 27.3 [11]
o Scoring average, season: 31.4 (2005-06) [12]
o Games scoring 50 points or more, career: 8 [15]
o Games scoring 50 points or more, season: 3 (2008-09) [15]
o Games scoring 40 points or more, career: 32 [15]
o Games scoring 40 points or more, career, playoffs: 7 [15]
o Games scoring 40 points or more, season: 10 (2005-06) [15]
o Consecutive games of 40 points or more: 2 (accomplished twice) shared with Mitchell.[15]
o Consecutive points in one game, playoffs: 25 (May 31, 2007 at Detroit Pistons).[10]

* Field goals made and attempted
o Career, playoffs: 312 [11]
o Career attempts, playoffs: 706 [11]
o Season: 875 (2005-06) [12]
o Season attempts: 1823 (2005-06).[12]
o Game, playoffs: 18 (May 31, 2007 at Detroit Pistons).[11]
o Game attempts: 36 (March 20, 2005 at Toronto Raptors) shared with Mitchell who did it twice.[13]
o Game attempts, playoffs: 33 (May 31, 2007 at Detroit Pistons).[11]
o Half, playoffs: 10 (1st half, May 31, 2007 at Detroit Pistons).[11]
o Half attempts, playoffs: 17 (1st half, May 17, 2006 at Detroit Pistons).[11]
o Overtime, playoffs: 4 (2nd OT, May 31, 2007 at Detroit Pistons).[11]

* Free throws made and attempted
o Career, playoffs: 235 [11]
o Career attempts, playoffs: 314 [11]
o Season: 601 (2005-06) [12]
o Season attempts: 814 (2005-06) [12]
o Game: 24 (March 12, 2006 at Miami Heat).[13]
o Game, playoffs: 17 (May 3, 2006 vs. Washington Wizards).[11]
o Game attempts: 28 (March 12, 2006 at Miami Heat).[13]
o Game attempts, playoffs: 19 (June 2, 2007 vs. Detroit Pistons).[11]
o Half: 16 (2nd half, March 12, 2006 at Miami Heat).[13]
o Half attempts: 19 (2nd half, March 12, 2006 at Miami Heat).[13]
o Half attempts, playoffs: 14 (2nd half, May 19, 2006 vs. Detroit Pistons).[11]
o Quarter, playoffs: 10 (4th quarter, May 19, 2006 vs. Detroit Pistons).[11]
o Quarter attempts, playoffs: 12 (4th quarter, May 19, 2006 vs. Detroit Pistons).[11]
o Overtime, playoffs: 4 (May 3, 2006 vs. Washington Wizards).[11]
o Overtime attempts, playoffs: 4 (May 3, 2006 vs. Washington Wizards).[11]

* Three-point field goals made and attempted
o Game, playoffs: 7 (April 30, 2006 at Washington Wizards).[11]
o Game attempts: 13 (April 9, 2005 vs. Milwaukee Bucks; April 14, 2005 vs. New York Knicks) shared with Majerle.[13]
o Game attempts, playoffs: 12 (April 30, 2006 at Washington Wizards).[11]
o Half, playoffs: 5 (1st half, April 30, 2006 at Washington Wizards) shared with Gibson.[11]
o Half attempts, playoffs: 7 (1st half, April 30, 2006 at Washington Wizards) shared with Majerle and Marshall.[11]
o Quarter: 5 (2nd quarter, April 9, 2005 vs. Milwaukee Bucks) shared with Price, Kerr, and Person.[13]

* Minutes
o Season: 3,388 (2004-05) [12]

* Turnovers
o Half: 9 (2nd half, March 28, 2005 at New Orleans Hornets).[13]

[edit] High school honors

* 2000:
o 27-0 Record
o State Champions
* 2001:
o USA Today All-USA First Team (first sophomore to receive this honor)
o Ohio Mr. Basketball (first sophomore to receive this honor)
o Adidas ABCD Camp Underclassmen MVP
o State Champions
* 2002:
o USA Today High School Player of the Year
o Gatorade Circle of Champions National Player of the Year
o USA Today All-USA First Team
o Ohio Mr. Basketball
* 2003:
o Ohio Mr. Basketball
o Ohio Division II Player of the Year
o Naismith High School Player of the Year
o Morgan Wootten Award (McDonald's National Player of the Year)
o McDonald's High School All-American
o McDonald's High School All-American Game MVP
o 2003 Powerade Jam Fest Champion
o Jeremy Diamond Nathaniel Memorial Classic MVP
o Jordan Capital Classic MVP
o EA Sports Roundball Classic MVP
o State Champions
o National Champions

MiamiHeat
09-05-2009, 10:42 PM
* 3-time NBA First-team

* One of three players in NBA history to average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in their rookie season.[3]
* One of five players in NBA history to average over 25 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists in a season.[3]
o Includes Oscar Robertson (achieved this six times), John Havlicek (achieved this twice), Larry Bird, and Michael Jordan.
* One of four players in NBA history to average at least 31 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists in a season.[3]
o Includes Oscar Robertson (achieved this twice), Jerry West, and Michael Jordan.
* One of two players in NBA history to average at least 27 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists for five consecutive seasons.[3]
* One of two players in NBA history to post at least 2000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists in a season for at least four times.[3]
* One of three players in NBA history to average at least 30 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists in a postseason series. [6]
* One of three players in NBA history to record a triple-double in their playoff debut.[3]
* One of two players in NBA history to win the NBA Player of the Month Award four times in one season (2008-09 season).[7]
* One of four players in NBA history to lead their team in all five major statistical categories (total points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals) in a season (2008-09 season).[8]
o Includes Dave Cowens (1977-78), Scottie Pippen (1994-95) and Kevin Garnett (2002-03).
* 2nd place all-time for consecutive 20-point games to start a playoff career with 19.[9]
* Most consecutive points scored for a team in a playoff game with 25 straight points.[10]

* Youngest player to be named NBA Most Valuable Player since Moses Malone in 1979.[3]
o Recorded 27 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists on January 19, 2005 vs. Portland Trail Blazers.
* Youngest player to be named to the All-NBA first team (21 years, 138 days).[3]

* 1,000 points
* 2,000 points
* 3,000 points
* 4,000 points
* 5,000 points
* 6,000 points
* 7,000 points
* 8,000 points
* 9,000 points
* 10,000 points
* 11,000 points
* 12,000 points

Notes: 1 Beginning in 2006 the NBA introduced age requirement restrictions. Prospective high school players must now wait a year before entering the NBA, making these records more difficult to break.

[edit] ESPY Awards

o Overtime, playoffs: 9 (1st OT, May 31, 2007 at Detroit Pistons; 2nd OT, May 31, 2007 at Detroit Pistons).[11]
o Consecutive games of 40 points or more: 2 (accomplished twice) shared with Mitchell.[15]
o Consecutive points in one game, playoffs: 25 (May 31, 2007 at Detroit Pistons).[10]

o Game attempts: 36 (March 20, 2005 at Toronto Raptors) shared with Mitchell who did it twice.[13]

o Quarter attempts, playoffs: 12 (4th quarter, May 19, 2006 vs. Detroit Pistons).[11]

o Game attempts: 13 (April 9, 2005 vs. Milwaukee Bucks; April 14, 2005 vs. New York Knicks) shared with Majerle.[13]
o Half, playoffs: 5 (1st half, April 30, 2006 at Washington Wizards) shared with Gibson.[11]
o Half attempts, playoffs: 7 (1st half, April 30, 2006 at Washington Wizards) shared with Majerle and Marshall.[11]
o Quarter: 5 (2nd quarter, April 9, 2005 vs. Milwaukee Bucks) shared with Price, Kerr, and Person.[13]

* Minutes

* Turnovers

* 2000:
o 27-0 Record
o State Champions
* 2001:
o State Champions
* 2002:
o Ohio Mr. Basketball
* 2003:
o Ohio Mr. Basketball
o State Champions
o National Champions

and 0 rings

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Couple things here:
1) I'd argue that you're underrating Russell's defensive impact on games. He completely dominated on the defensive end. He wasn't a primary scoring thread but he altered opponent's offense more than any other individual player ever. That in and of itself was dominant.

2) I'd also argue that Wilt, and not Russell, is the most overrated basketball player ever. (I know the guy you quoted said that and not you, though.) I probably wouldn't put him in a top 10 list of greatest players. Certainly not over Russell, or Shaq, or Duncan, or Kobe. We tend to think of Wilt as this God of playing because he basically put up video game numbers, but that was a product of a) his era and b) his team's offensive schemes, which were literally just "give Wilt the ball and let him do whatever he wants."

He was one of the best players ever, but his legend is grossly inflated.

As far as the "players of the decade" goes, I'd probably say Shaq, then Duncan, then Kobe or KG. Those guys are really a class ahead of everyone else.

After that, it's hard to nail down a list, but here are guys who would make my "final cut" as it were (in no order): Kidd, Iverson, Dirk, Nash, T-Mac, Billups, Ray Allen, Ben Wallace, Pierce, Carter, LeBron, and Wade. Also, if I could include Tony Parker and Manu as one person, they'd probably make the list too: individually they wouldn't, but as a unit they're outstanding.

koo, i respect it

_KB24_
09-05-2009, 10:47 PM
* 3-time NBA First-team

* 1,000 points
* 2,000 points
* 3,000 points
* 4,000 points
* 5,000 points
* 6,000 points
* 7,000 points
* 8,000 points
* 9,000 points
* 10,000 points
* 11,000 points
* 12,000 points

[edit] ESPY Awards

* Minutes

* Turnovers

* 2000:
o 27-0 Record
o State Champions
* 2001:
o State Champions
* 2002:
o Ohio Mr. Basketball
* 2003:
o Ohio Mr. Basketball
o State Champions
o National Champions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Kobe_Bryant

Lebron should be no higher than 8 or 9 IMO. Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Iverson, Wade, KG, Allen, and even Parker have had a betetr decade than him.

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 10:48 PM
and 0 rings

:laugh:

dude, i dunno kno u, but seriously, u totally earned my respect on that one! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

and to the guy u responded to

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

&

:pity: :pity: :pity: :pity: :pity: :pity:

theuuord
09-05-2009, 10:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Kobe_Bryant

Lebron should be no higher than 8 or 9 IMO. Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Iverson, Wade, KG, Allen, and even Parker have had a betetr decade than him.

who was comparing him to Kobe? The guy said he hadn't done anything, so I provided a list of accomplishments.

Wow, you guys are insane with your LeBron hate.

theuuord
09-05-2009, 10:53 PM
i'm seriously lmao at this conversation.

A: "LeBron hasn't done anything."
me: *list of accomplishments*
B: "YEAH BUT NO RINGS!"
C: "LOOK AT KOBE'S! KOBE IS BETTER!"
D: "THAT GUY COPIED A WIKIPEDIA LIST! FACE PALM!!!"

seriously guys. This is comical.

bigsams50
09-05-2009, 10:56 PM
the lebron hate on here is rediculous, i mean give the guy a break, so he hasnt won anything yet, hes only 26, he hasnt had the luxury like others to play along side a dominant big, if you put either kobe or wade on the team lebron has, they wouldnt have won **** either. now im not saying lebron better than kobe because he's not, but he doesnt deserve all this hate thats goin around

theuuord
09-05-2009, 10:57 PM
the lebron hate on here is rediculous, i mean give the guy a break, so he hasnt won anything yet, hes only 26, he hasnt had the luxury like others to play along side a dominant big, if you put either kobe or wade on the team lebron has, they wouldnt have won **** either. now im not saying lebron better than kobe because he's not, but he doesnt deserve all this hate thats goin around

i agree with you but i beg of you that we don't make another thread about this.
edit: i don't agree with the first part of your last sentence. but the rest of it, sure.

bigsams50
09-05-2009, 10:59 PM
i agree with you but i beg of you that we don't make another thread about this.

im not lol, i just hate people bad mouthing lebron like he's done something wrong

nitric
09-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Why does every thread have to be Kobe vs Lebron. Both are top tier players..

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 11:51 PM

I think this yr not only defined Lebron's "greatness", with him winning MVP (and deservedly so)....

but also the stupid, kiddish, childish antics like the grade school photo day before every game (c'mon NBA has existed for so many decades, they're been kool and corny moments, but this was pure ridiculous, especially for a team that ended up not winning it all)

the whole "not shaking hands and not meeting with media after losing" kinda got him on people's nerves. his self-promoting t-shirts, him and nike taking away the tapes, the Kobe & Lebron Nike commercials (many of those commercials signified the acts and mannerism of Lebron) him flexing after scoring, or getting a rebound, or tying his shoe lace, or throwing the chalk up in the air at the scorer's table, the invention of the CRAB DRIBBLE (r u serious? he totally defied the b-ball laws constructed by the great Dr. James Naismith), his stupid commercials that kept repeating, especially that one of the Farmer's Insurance or something where he and his corny looking friend start making fun of this one dude and start dancing in a freakin' parking lot (have to admit, it got annoying after the 2nd time), the whole 2010 Knicks crap when we were still in 2008/2009, and of course, BSPN shoving Lebron's down our throats!

He is great! But he is no king!

Chronz
09-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Sorry I stopped reading after you called Russel dominant.

Chronz
09-05-2009, 11:53 PM

You are the lizard king

Bleeds Blue
09-06-2009, 12:05 AM
1. shaq
2. kobe
3. duncan
4. kg
5. wade
6. lebron
7. dirk
8. iverson
9. nash
10. pierce

theuuord
09-06-2009, 12:06 AM
I think this yr not only defined Lebron's "greatness", with him winning MVP (and deservedly so)....

but also the stupid, kiddish, childish antics like the grade school photo day before every game (c'mon NBA has existed for so many decades, they're been kool and corny moments, but this was pure ridiculous, especially for a team that ended up not winning it all)

the whole "not shaking hands and not meeting with media after losing" kinda got him on people's nerves. his self-promoting t-shirts, him and nike taking away the tapes, the Kobe & Lebron Nike commercials (many of those commercials signified the acts and mannerism of Lebron) him flexing after scoring, or getting a rebound, or tying his shoe lace, or throwing the chalk up in the air at the scorer's table, the invention of the CRAB DRIBBLE (r u serious? he totally defied the b-ball laws constructed by the great Dr. James Naismith), his stupid commercials that kept repeating, especially that one of the Farmer's Insurance or something where he and his corny looking friend start making fun of this one dude and start dancing in a freakin' parking lot (have to admit, it got annoying after the 2nd time), the whole 2010 Knicks crap when we were still in 2008/2009, and of course, BSPN shoving Lebron's down our throats!

He is great! But he is no king!

:sigh:

theuuord
09-06-2009, 12:07 AM
You are the lizard king

mr. mojo risin'

D Roses Bulls
09-06-2009, 12:10 AM

By Rank

3 Kobe- i think kobe's the best shooting guard in our era. no one can match his skillset offensively. he helped led the lakers to 4 titles this decade and also has a couple of scoring titles under his belt.

4. Lebron-Already being talked about as the greatest SF of all time. He led his team to the NBA Finals already, has an MVP and just when you thought you've seen the best of him, he puts yet another historical season run. oh he's only 24 y/o btw.

whose yours?

the only problem i have with your list is KG and Lebron over Wade. no way they have accomplished as much as wade had this decade especially lebron. well maybe kg has, but lebron definitely should be on the lower end of this list

bigsams50
09-06-2009, 12:14 AM
the only problem i have with your list is KG and Lebron over Wade. no way they have accomplished as much as wade had this decade especially lebron. well maybe kg has, but lebron definitely should be on the lower end of this list

you would put wade over kg?

knickerbockerny
09-06-2009, 12:17 AM

This list right here is just about accurate in my opinion. As I read some of the post is baffles me how Allen Iverson gets little to know respect. Its funny how one year could make someone forget all the years of his greatness. Dwayne Wade is going to be on this list and other list of greatness once his career is said and done, but as of now he is not there. He has really only had to good seasons thus far in his career, last year and the year he one the title. For a year and a half he was injured. And Lebron is that dude and dominate so he has to be on the list.

Once again this list is just about accurate.

ARMIN12NBA
09-06-2009, 12:34 AM

No. That means, in your definition, that the year 2000 is included in the 1990's decade. That is straight up laughable. :laugh2: :rolleyes:

2000-2009 - New Millennium
2010-2019- Teens
2020-2029- Twenties
2030-2039- Thirties
2040-2049- Forties.

^ Do you see how this makes sense? :eyebrow:

Raps18-19 Champ
09-06-2009, 12:38 AM
Your top 3 looks right.

I'd change the rest here and there.

_KB24_
09-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Wade should be above Lebron and KG has go to be 4. He was a much bigger force earlier in the decade than Lebron is now, and he finally won his ring. Kobe, Duncan, SHaq, Wade, KG, Iverson and Parker over Lebron this decade.

mrblisterdundee
09-06-2009, 01:29 AM
1. Shaquille O'Neal
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Tim Duncan
4. Tony Parker
5. Dwayne Wade
6. Chris Webber
7. Steve Nash
8. Dirk Nowitzki
9. Jason Kidd
10. Vince Carter

bigsams50
09-06-2009, 01:31 AM
1. Shaquille O'Neal
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Tim Duncan
4. Tony Parker
5. Dwayne Wade
6. Chris Webber
7. Steve Nash
8. Dirk Nowitzki
9. Jason Kidd
10. Vince Carter

no kg?

Mavrix
09-06-2009, 01:38 AM
1. Shaquille O'Neal
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Tim Duncan
4. Tony Parker
5. Dwayne Wade
6. Chris Webber
7. Steve Nash
8. Dirk Nowitzki
9. Jason Kidd
10. Vince Carter

Chris Webber over KG and Nowitkzi? No. Parker over Wade? Double no. No Lebron? Triple no.

_KB24_
09-06-2009, 01:50 AM
1. Shaquille O'Neal
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Tim Duncan
4. Tony Parker
5. Dwayne Wade
6. Chris Webber
7. Steve Nash
8. Dirk Nowitzki
9. Jason Kidd
10. Vince Carter

Replace him with KG and switch him with Parker and than the list would right on.

ManRam
09-06-2009, 10:48 AM
1. Shaq- 4 titles, 3 finals mvp, 1 mvp. the most dominating player ever to play the game.
2. Kobe- 4 titles, 1 finals mvp, 1 league mvp. whether you like it or not, he was #2 on the Lakers teams that won three rings. he still is the second best player of the decade though.
3. Duncan- 3 titles, 2 finals mvps, 2 league mvps. i wanted to put him at #2, but I think kobe's rings, and kobe's star status put him ahead of duncan. the top three are a mile ahead the rest though.
4. Garnett- 1 title, 1 league mvp. stuck on some bad teams, unfortunately. that hurts his legacy, but he was once in the debate for best PF ever, and I don't think he shouldn't be.
5. Lebron- one league mvp, rookie of the year. I don't care if Wade won a title, LeBron is, and will always be better.
6. Wade- one title, 1 finals mvp. obvious spot for Wade here.
7. Nash- two league MVPs. if he won a ring, he'd be in the top 4. two MVPs is such a rare occurrence.
8. Iverson- one league MVP. he has fallen off, but in his prime, he was the best player on the planet...and probably the most fun to watch.
9. Kidd
10. Dirk

Toenail Clipper
09-06-2009, 11:06 AM
1. T-Mac
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Allen Iverson
4. Shaquille O'Neal
5. Tim Duncan
6. Kevin Garnett
7. Jason Kidd
8. Steve Nash
9. Dwyane Wade
47598427389578297675986904907858978974678568678678 2526859078953889789537. LeBron James

3RDASYSTEM
09-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Yall put way to much stock on winning rings...its a 'team' sport, if thats the case why not put up KERR/PURDUE who have like 4/5 rings each over IVERSON/NASH/LEBRON or lets just say R.HORRY is greatest of era cuz he has 7 rings,more than the 'GOAT' himself... or lets say DILFER is better than VICK/PALMER cuz he has a ring,see how stupid the whole ring thing sound now...a ring is cherry on top of career, your career is based on your play/stats...just imagine if AI gets ring or two before his career is over, he would be instantly thrown in top 5 debates.. but becuz he doesnt have a ring you think hes not ...its SHAQ/DUNCAN/AI/KG/KOBE/PIERCE/LEBRON far as top players past decade..then fill in rest how ya please, dont get caught up in 2/3 yrs...how bout 5-10 yrs body of work,im more impressed with the latter...a resume dont lie...is LUKE WALTON career greater than K.MALONE/STOCKTON cuz he has a few rings...didnt think so,its like the media makes a big deal of something and people just follow suit, go look at the teams who won it all and those teams were loaded with talent and built to win it all, from MJ's BULLS to MAGIC's LAKERS...i just feel bad for players like LEBRON/AI who took weak teams to finals(very weak OFFENSIVELY),especially AI...to me that means the greatness of those players are pretty remarkable....NASH probably played with more talent this decade than any player and he only has 0 FINALS appearances...i base it on the talent you play with..especially in your 'prime' yrs

MrFastBreak
09-06-2009, 04:14 PM
1. Shaq
2. Duncan
3. Kobe

MrFastBreak
09-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Yall put way to much stock on winning rings...its a 'team' sport, if thats the case why not put up KERR/PURDUE who have like 4/5 rings each over IVERSON/NASH/LEBRON or lets just say R.HORRY is greatest of era cuz he has 7 rings,more than the 'GOAT' himself... or lets say DILFER is better than VICK/PALMER cuz he has a ring,see how stupid the whole ring thing sound now...a ring is cherry on top of career, your career is based on your play/stats...just imagine if AI gets ring or two before his career is over, he would be instantly thrown in top 5 debates.. but becuz he doesnt have a ring you think hes not ...its SHAQ/DUNCAN/AI/KG/KOBE/PIERCE/LEBRON far as top players past decade..then fill in rest how ya please, dont get caught up in 2/3 yrs...how bout 5-10 yrs body of work,im more impressed with the latter...a resume dont lie...is LUKE WALTON career greater than K.MALONE/STOCKTON cuz he has a few rings...didnt think so,its like the media makes a big deal of something and people just follow suit, go look at the teams who won it all and those teams were loaded with talent and built to win it all, from MJ's BULLS to MAGIC's LAKERS...i just feel bad for players like LEBRON/AI who took weak teams to finals(very weak OFFENSIVELY),especially AI...to me that means the greatness of those players are pretty remarkable....NASH probably played with more talent this decade than any player and he only has 0 FINALS appearances...i base it on the talent you play with..especially in your 'prime' yrs

:nod: That's all people look at is rings. If Kobe didn't have any, would people consider him better than LeBron?

_KB24_
09-07-2009, 12:44 AM
:nod: That's all people look at is rings. If Kobe didn't have any, would people consider him better than LeBron?

If Jordan didn't have his rings, would people consider him better then Magic? Rings are a big factor in determining greatness...