PDA

View Full Version : Who Can The Raptors Least Afford To Lose To Injury?

ChongInc.
09-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Who Can The Raptors Least Afford To Lose To Injury?

i say Turk.
my decision is less about his clutch shooting, but more so about the fact that he is our only big, thick, wing player. and also the most versatile player on the team.

thoughts?

suvash11
09-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Hedo Turkoglu, easily.
now that we have a jack, jose isn't as much as a problem

secterm
09-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Obviously Turk, that's why Joey G would be a great insurance plan. They're not near the same level, but Joey could cover Turk for a couple of weeks.

ChongInc.
09-04-2009, 07:19 PM
what if we lost bosh?
would you be satisfied with amir or evans starting?
what about wright?
are we really going to put a rookie on the opponents best player every night?

yungballah15
09-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Obviously Turk, that's why Joey G would be a great insurance plan. They're not near the same level, but Joey could cover Turk for a couple of weeks.

exactly yo, joey would come in and bring toughness and rebounding at that small forward postion, which will help bosh and bargnani, and could matchup to people like lebron and paul pierce. but its no doubt turkoglu wright can play backup 3, but it will be hard for him to start at the 3, he can guard them maybe but the scoring with him and derozan will lack.

Goon.Weezy
09-04-2009, 07:40 PM
what if we lost bosh?
what about wright?

no........bargs goes to the 4, and rasho starts as center

Raps08-09 Champ
09-04-2009, 07:45 PM
If Turk gets injured, we can still have Derozan, Wright, Bellinelli, Jack, Weems, Banks and Douby all capable of playing 1 wing position.

koreancabbage
09-04-2009, 08:12 PM

and Bosh at the 3?

sounds ODDLY FAMILIAR ROFL

remember that did NOT work?

dtmagnet
09-04-2009, 08:26 PM
and Bosh at the 3?

sounds ODDLY FAMILIAR ROFL

remember that did NOT work?

Read his post, he said if Bosh gets injured, and obviously we can least afford to lose Bosh than anyone else.

CB29
09-04-2009, 08:51 PM
if marcus banks gets injured, then there will be no one to pass Gatorade to the players and thus they will get dehydrated and we will lose....

GodsSon
09-04-2009, 08:56 PM
what if we lost bosh?
what about wright?

Personally, i'd be content with Johnson and Bargs starting should Bosh get hurt...they have games that could potentially complement each other very well, Bargs on the perimeter and Amir as a banger down low...couple that with the fact that Johnson appears to have the makings of a good rebounder, and that both play pretty good defence and I think we'd be fine; obviously losing Bosh's production would hurt though

deuces
09-04-2009, 09:20 PM
if marcus banks gets injured it's done....season down the toilet, trade bosh cause he won't come back if marcus isn't there, it would be a sad sad day in raptorland if we loose the raptors G.O.A.T.

seriously i think jose, jack can start but all we have have is banks who is just doodoo and douby who isn't a real point guard

koreancabbage
09-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Read his post, he said if Bosh gets injured, and obviously we can least afford to lose Bosh than anyone else.

my bad, i was assuming Turk got injured.

Evans or Rasho gets the start at the C/PF spot. Evans is short but he'll defend the PF's on defense while Bargs would guard the C spot. don't see anything wrong if they do that.

deaner
09-04-2009, 10:54 PM
I first thought of Turk, he would be really missed as a point forward to push the ball...

but I've got to go with Bargs, we are way less of a dynamic team without him and I really don't have faith in Rasho and POB... I know we have Evans and Amir... but I still have doubts we can handle big men defensively.

I look at our depth this way:

Point: Jose Jack Turk Belinelli Douby
Wing: Turk Demarvillious Wright Belinelli Weems Douby
Bigs: Bosh Bargs Evans Amir Rasho POB

we are deep enough... but I just think we lack big that can handle the 5s. Maybe I'm undervaluing Rasho...

RaptorizedKevin
09-04-2009, 11:09 PM

very smart. good idea.

Jays52
09-04-2009, 11:19 PM
I got the inkling that we may see the U.S.A. olympic team Chris Bosh this year. Hard nose defence with players around him who can put the ball in the basket.

Less pressure to be the "GO TO GUY" will let him focus on other aspects of his game and make this team a WHOLE lot better.

It has to be Chris Bosh.

MackSnackWrap
09-05-2009, 10:26 AM
very smart. good idea.

yei like that idea to

Ismeno
09-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Sonny Weems.

smith&wesson
09-05-2009, 04:20 PM
im gonna go with bosh. first of all he is our best player. 2ndly i think he is the only one on the team who avg close to 10 rebounds a game. i really really dont think we can aford to lose that. imagine evans johnson or rasho playing bosh mins... yikes.

if hedo goes down we have alot of wing players. wright can step in, derozen can see some mins there, belli and jack can see more mins at the 2, but if bosh goes down, there goes our most productive rebounder, scorer, and leader of the team.

MackSnackWrap
09-05-2009, 04:54 PM
im gonna go with bosh. first of all he is our best player. 2ndly i think he is the only one on the team who avg close to 10 rebounds a game. i really really dont think we can aford to lose that. imagine evans johnson or rasho playing bosh mins... yikes.

if hedo goes down we have alot of wing players. wright can step in, derozen can see some mins there, belli and jack can see more mins at the 2, but if bosh goes down, there goes our most productive rebounder, scorer, and leader of the team.

Thats a really good point, I going with bosh aswell.

AFlagRules
09-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Obviously Calderon.

The Wise 1
09-05-2009, 07:46 PM
I stopped paying attention to this thread after the 1st couple of posts because I disagreed big time and didnt want to get into it. Its nice to see some people on the 2nd page put Bosh.

secterm
09-05-2009, 07:57 PM
POB or Banks, I wouldn't want to lose either. Douby and Weems would hurt alot if we lost them as well. But my final answer would be Bargnani private Italian chef...without him, Bargs would be eating less authentic meatballs.

lorenz00
09-07-2009, 03:22 PM
turkoglu because newly paid and no back up sf

-Big-Baby-
09-10-2009, 11:57 PM
If we loose Bosh for a good 2-4 weeks we will loose games. i dont know why you guys will be content to see Amir or Evans start?

SA5195
09-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Bosh and Hedo.